All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Typical Lax Dad

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

CDC Indicates Coronavirus Deaths Should Decline Next Week

Good news. Hopefully testing increases and new cases decrease. That will be welcome news heading into the fall.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:10 am CDC Indicates Coronavirus Deaths Should Decline Next Week

Good news. Hopefully testing increases and new cases decrease. That will be welcome news heading into the fall.
Indeed good news, and that's what the #'s appear to indicate will likely be the case over the next few weeks.

The mitigation efforts that began after the most recent surge became evident do appear to have cut transmission rates, so with the lag there should be some lower #'s of deaths for a bit...but this is all dependent upon continuing mitigation efforts.

And that's all in jeopardy with how the 'back to school' matter is handled.

We're already seeing a bunch of colleges make the sane public health decision to go virtual, but I'd expect some to stubbornly go way too long.

and it looks like the pressure to send kids to public elementary, middle and high schools is going to remain intense...and if that pressure doesn't get reversed, we're going to see huge blooms by early October and climbing death rates will follow.
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:17 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:10 am CDC Indicates Coronavirus Deaths Should Decline Next Week

Indeed good news, and that's what the #'s appear to indicate will likely be the case over the next few weeks.

The mitigation efforts that began after the most recent surge became evident do appear to have cut transmission rates, so with the lag there should be some lower #'s of deaths for a bit...but this is all dependent upon continuing mitigation efforts.

And that's all in jeopardy with how the 'back to school' matter is handled.

We're already seeing a bunch of colleges make the sane public health decision to go virtual, but I'd expect some to stubbornly go way too long.

and it looks like the pressure to send kids to public elementary, middle and high schools is going to remain intense...and if that pressure doesn't get reversed, we're going to see huge blooms by early October and climbing death rates will follow.
Yes. The mitigation efforts make all the difference. Wear a mask, keep your distance and stay away from indoor crowds and the Tate of transmission will continue to fall. Don’t wear a mask, head to bars and restaurants and get close to other people and we will see the cases and deaths increase. It’s fairly simple.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:17 pm Indeed good news, and that's what the #'s appear to indicate will likely be the case over the next few weeks.

They are or have essentially ran out of excess deaths.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
a fan

Post by a fan »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:47 am
SCLaxAttack wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:35 am
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:51 am
SCLaxAttack wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:47 am
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:09 am
Bart wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:58 am
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:54 am
njbill wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:44 pm It went away in April. This is all fake news.

For a 99.6% recovery rate (and trending higher!), it sure does seem mildly hysterical rather than factually sober.

But what do I know!
Where is the 0.4% rate published?

covid fatality rate from the CDC:

0-49 years old: .05% (99.95% recover)
50-64 years old: .2% (99.8% recover)
65+ years old: 1.3% (98.7% recover)
Overall ages: .4% (99.6% recover)

https://www.wcnc.com/article/news/healt ... 3459f0082b

Using the current numbers, that means more than 30 million people could have been infected, which would make the infection fatality rate 0.4% -- meaning 99.6% of people survive the virus.
So using The Troll’s numbers, .4% of 330M is 1,320,000 — only 1,150,000 to go. Hell, why are we screwing around, let’s line them up! Who wants to volunteer?

Again, very curious about SC's outrage consistency meter. Did you ask that the US shut down for Ebola, MERS, or SARS? They all had significantly higher fatality case rates than Covid.
My God you’re an idiot. You really shouldn’t type. In all three of those cases we had presidential administrations (both R and D) that listened to their medical and public health experts and instituted policies that kept US deaths orders of magnitude lower than what’s happening now.

Now we have a president as dumb as you who tells us this will miraculously go away.
very, very illustrative of the partisan, cultist stupidity in our country
Pete wasn't at the Water Cooler for Ebola. Right wing America LOST THEIR *HIT over Obama's "mishandling" of Ebola.

There isn't a poster here who doesn't know that Pete would be on here, telling us how horrible all the death and destruction from Covid was if Donnie T had a little D by his name.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:51 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:47 am
SCLaxAttack wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:35 am
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:51 am
SCLaxAttack wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:47 am
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:09 am
Bart wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:58 am
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:54 am
njbill wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:44 pm It went away in April. This is all fake news.

For a 99.6% recovery rate (and trending higher!), it sure does seem mildly hysterical rather than factually sober.

But what do I know!
Where is the 0.4% rate published?

covid fatality rate from the CDC:

0-49 years old: .05% (99.95% recover)
50-64 years old: .2% (99.8% recover)
65+ years old: 1.3% (98.7% recover)
Overall ages: .4% (99.6% recover)

https://www.wcnc.com/article/news/healt ... 3459f0082b

Using the current numbers, that means more than 30 million people could have been infected, which would make the infection fatality rate 0.4% -- meaning 99.6% of people survive the virus.
So using The Troll’s numbers, .4% of 330M is 1,320,000 — only 1,150,000 to go. Hell, why are we screwing around, let’s line them up! Who wants to volunteer?

Again, very curious about SC's outrage consistency meter. Did you ask that the US shut down for Ebola, MERS, or SARS? They all had significantly higher fatality case rates than Covid.
My God you’re an idiot. You really shouldn’t type. In all three of those cases we had presidential administrations (both R and D) that listened to their medical and public health experts and instituted policies that kept US deaths orders of magnitude lower than what’s happening now.

Now we have a president as dumb as you who tells us this will miraculously go away.
very, very illustrative of the partisan, cultist stupidity in our country
Pete wasn't at the Water Cooler for Ebola. Right wing America LOST THEIR *HIT over Obama's "mishandling" of Ebola.

There isn't a poster here who doesn't know that Pete would be on here, telling us how horrible all the death and destruction from Covid was if Donnie T had a little D by his name.
Roll the tape

Typical Lax Dad

old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:51 pm Pete wasn't at the Water Cooler for Ebola. Right wing America LOST THEIR *HIT over Obama's "mishandling" of Ebola.
Another false analogy. Ebola is not spread through the air, does not spread as quickly & is much simpler to isolate, limit the spread & keep out of a country. It did not require massive disruption & restricted activity of the entire US population.

Where do you come up with this stuff ? You have no sense of proportion.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:03 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:51 pm Pete wasn't at the Water Cooler for Ebola. Right wing America LOST THEIR *HIT over Obama's "mishandling" of Ebola.
Another false analogy. Ebola is not spread through the air, does not spread as quickly & is much simpler to isolate, limit the spread & keep out of a country. It did not require massive disruption & restricted activity of the entire US population.

Roll the tape
Typical Lax Dad

YouTube is the gift that keeps on giving.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:07 pm

Roll the tape
So what. That does not make Covid : Ebola a vaild analogy. The same officials were calling for travel restrictions for Covid.
Rightly so, it's a viable preventative. Returning health care workers exposed to ebola were quarantined upon return to US.
a fan

Post by a fan »

:lol: Where in the F did I say one single word about how the stupid virus is spread, OS?

The analogy is between how Pete and his brain dead Republicans were all over Obama and his little D for "doing it wrong", and Trump and his little R "doing it flawlessly, nothing to see here".
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:15 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:07 pm

Roll the tape
So what. That does not make Covid : Ebola a vaild analogy. The same officials were calling for travel restrictions for Covid.
Rightly so, it's a viable preventative. Returning health care workers exposed to ebola were quarantined upon return to US.
Who said the two diseases were analogous....Obama was President when infectious diseases mattered
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:15 pm
:lol: Where in the F did I say one single word about how the stupid virus is spread, OS?

The analogy is between how Pete and his brain dead Republicans were all over Obama and his little D for "doing it wrong", and Trump and his little R "doing it flawlessly, nothing to see here".
Be more specific. What was the massive criticism of Obama you're whining about ?
Travel restrictions ? Quarantines upon arrival ? In light of our covid experience, those were vaild concerns.
Not wanting to send US military & put them at risk. I supported sending them, but it was a valid policy issue, worthy of debate.
Look what covid did to the TR on Guam & the rest of the Navy.
You're such a cry baby. Do you debate this stuff with your toddler ?
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:30 pm Be more specific. What was the massive criticism of Obama you're whining about ?
Sadly, I can't just point you to the Water Cooler thread on Ebola. TLD did just fine with his video, making my point just fine. Did you watch it?

That.
old salt wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:30 pm You're such a cry baby. Do you debate this stuff with your toddler ?
:lol: You're the one who injected yourself into this conversation to whine and complain like a toddler that Ebola isn't transmitted the same way that Coronavirus is. Noooooo? Really? :roll: That has NOTHING to do with what we're discussing.

My 5yo already has a stronger understanding of logic than most of the posters here, sadly.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:39 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:30 pm Be more specific. What was the massive criticism of Obama you're whining about ?
Sadly, I can't just point you to the Water Cooler thread on Ebola.
If the conflict traumatized you so, I'd think you could recall some specifics.

TLD did just fine with his video, making my point just fine. Did you watch it?

That.Yes. I responded. Did you watch it ?
Did you catch the prescient warning from Gen Kelly when he commanded SOCOM ?
In light of our covid experience, what was unreasonable about Sen Cruz calling for travel restrictions from countries where ebola was not contained ? .

old salt wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:30 pm You're such a cry baby. Do you debate this stuff with your toddler ?
:lol: You're the one who injected yourself into this conversation to whine and complain like a toddler that Ebola isn't transmitted the same way that Coronavirus is. Noooooo? Really? :roll: That has NOTHING to do with what we're discussing.
Toddlers don't reference the science. You big foot my posts to others all the time. How do you like it. You can't even remember what you were discussing.

My 5yo already has a stronger understanding of logic than most of the posters here, sadly.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:52 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:39 pm
Sadly, I can't just point you to the Water Cooler thread on Ebola.
If the conflict traumatized you so, I'd think you could recall some specifics.

TLD did just fine with his video, making my point just fine. Did you watch it?

That.Yes. I responded. Did you watch it ?
Did you catch the prescient warning from Gen Kelly when he commanded SOCOM ?
In light of our covid experience, what was unreasonable about Sen Cruz calling for travel restrictions from countries where ebola was not contained ? .

Toddlers don't reference the science. You big foot my posts to others all the time. How do you like it. You can't even remember what you were discussing.

Everyone is always picking on Trump. Before Trump, the President of The United States got a pass....my guess is if Biden wins, everyone will be patient , support him and give him the benefit of the doubt because he was duly elected.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:52 pm]If the conflict traumatized you so, I'd think you could recall some specifics.
It was simple: Obama was "doing it wrong".
old salt wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:52 pm In light of our covid experience, what was unreasonable about Sen Cruz calling for travel restrictions from countries where ebola was not contained ? .
No more unreasonable than any of the calls for Trump to do more to combat the virus. Get the point yet?
old salt wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:30 pm Toddlers don't reference the science. You big foot my posts to others all the time. How do you like it.
I like it just fine, and you're welcome to do it any time you like.

The part that I don't like, and that is beneath you, is calling me a crybaby----especially so, when you're the one doing the whining.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:08 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:52 pm]If the conflict traumatized you so, I'd think you could recall some specifics.
It was simple: Obama was "doing it wrong".
old salt wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:52 pm In light of our covid experience, what was unreasonable about Sen Cruz calling for travel restrictions from countries where ebola was not contained ? .
No more unreasonable than any of the calls for Trump to do more to combat the virus. Get the point yet?
old salt wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:30 pm Toddlers don't reference the science. You big foot my posts to others all the time. How do you like it.
I like it just fine, and you're welcome to do it any time you like.

The part that I don't like, and that is beneath you, is calling me a crybaby----especially so, when you're the one doing the whining.
"Wrong" is right...I said it then on LP, and now. Anyone who had been anywhere near Ebola outbreaks, quarantine them in Africa. Do not bring them home for quarantine, as was done. Stupid on steroids...
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

MD’s state positivity rate lowers by almost a percentage point in a week. From 3.95 to 3.05.
Nice work, MD!

Return to “POLITICS”