Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

Post by a fan »

Cooter wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:36 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:45 pm
6ftstick wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:22 pm
Trump didn't tell me

Joe and Kamala did. Along with all the other democrat candidates. Were they lying?
Who cares?
That's a good one a fan.

If you don' t care maybe you should bugger off.
I don't care that you and 6ft want to play the childish and stupid game of "if you vote for Biden, they'll flood America with illegals!!!'

Sorry. Not interested. Trump already played this game the first time around, remember?-----and you bought it. And what happened after you voted for him? We don't have a wall. They didn't even TRY and pass an immigration reform bill. And people are still coming here illegally.

And yet you two want to play Trump's stupid game of pointing out a problem-----doing NOTHING to fix said problem----and then come to voters and tell them "no really, THIS time, we're gonna fix it".

Hard Pass.
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

a fan wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:47 pm
Trump didn't tell me

Joe and Kamala did. Along with all the other democrat candidates. Were they lying?
Who cares?
That's a good one a fan.

I don't care that you and 6ft want to play the childish and stupid game of "if you vote for Biden, they'll flood America with illegals!!!'

Sorry. Not interested. Trump already played this game the first time around, remember?-----and you bought it. And what happened after you voted for him? We don't have a wall. They didn't even TRY and pass an immigration reform bill. And people are still coming here illegally.

And yet you two want to play Trump's stupid game of pointing out a problem-----doing NOTHING to fix said problem----and then come to voters and tell them "no really, THIS time, we're gonna fix it".

Hard Pass.
I didn't vote for Trump.

Millions of illegal immigrants are already here. There is the question of their fate also.

I think Biden/Harris probably will let caravans in.
In the end, Biden/Harris are not going to fix the problem, or at least fix in a way that I would find acceptable.
Live Free or Die!
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Cooter wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:40 pm
Trump didn't tell me

Who cares?
That's a good one a fan.

Hard Pass.
I didn't vote for Trump.

Millions of illegal immigrants are already here. There is the question of their fate also.

In the end, Biden/Harris are not going to fix the problem, or at least fix in a way that I would find acceptable.
I have yet to run across anyone that voted for Trump

“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Cooter wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:40 pm I didn't vote for Trump.
Got it. I'll try and remember that.
Cooter wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:40 pm Millions of illegal immigrants are already here. There is the question of their fate also.
The isn't a question. You have to give them amnesty. The only question is in the details of how quickly, and what you will grant them....work visas, etc.

We are ALREADY granting them amnesty, and have been for decades.
Cooter wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:40 pm I think Biden/Harris probably will let caravans in.
Setting Covid aside, they're still coming in. It's just not in the news. So no one cares.
Cooter wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:40 pm In the end, Biden/Harris are not going to fix the problem
Nope. Which is why you have nothing to worry about. Trump won't fix it either.
Cooter wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:40 pm ....or at least fix in a way that I would find acceptable.
And that way would be......what? What would an acceptable fix look like?
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

I don't really agree with most of your rationales above, a fan, and I don't think we will gain much by discussing it - as we already have done on another thread with little result.

Obama's initial rationale about immigration being good for the nation over the last 200 year is a little misleading also. Back in the early 1800s, when the U.S. was a young nation, there was a lot of land to be settled, there was a great need for immigrants (unless you were an AmerIndian). Moving up to the latter 1800s, the frontier had still not all been settled - and you had the industrial revolution with a great need for man power. This industrial revolution continued into 1900s.
Now in the 21st century, the U.S. is a mature nation with 325 million+ people. The frontier has long been closed down, and the industrial revolution is over. Whether immigrants in great numbers really help the nation is questionable. They bring more over-crowding, urban sprawl, traffic congestion, pollution, ... with little real benefit - unless the individual is particularly talented. So not liking over-crowded situations and caring about the ecology of the country, I am against large amounts of immigration.
Live Free or Die!
Typical Lax Dad

Cooter wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:56 pm I don't really agree with most of your rationales above, a fan, and I don't think we will gain much by discussing it - as we already have done on another thread with little result.

Obama's initial rationale about immigration being good for the nation over the last 200 year is a little misleading also. Back in the early 1800s, when the U.S. was a young nation, there was a lot of land to be settled, there was a great need for immigrants (unless you were an AmerIndian). Moving up to the latter 1800s, the frontier had still not all been settled - and you had the industrial revolution with a great need for man power. This industrial revolution continued into 1900s.
Now in the 21st century, the U.S. is a mature nation with 325 million+ people. The frontier has long been closed down, and the industrial revolution is over. Whether immigrants in great numbers really help the nation is questionable. They bring more over-crowding, urban sprawl, traffic congestion, pollution, ... with little real benefit - unless the individual is particularly talented. So not liking over-crowded situations and caring about the ecology of the country, I am against large amounts of immigration.
When was the last time you visited Wyoming, Utah, Idaho, North Dakota and South Dakota?
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Cooter wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:56 pm I don't really agree with most of your rationales above, a fan, and I don't think we will gain much by discussing it - as we already have done on another thread with little result.
You're talking about the Covid thread? We had a nice exchange....
Cooter wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:56 pm Obama's initial rationale about immigration being good for the nation over the last 200 year is a little misleading also. Back in the early 1800s, when the U.S. was a young nation, there was a lot of land to be settled, there was a great need for immigrants (unless you were an AmerIndian). Moving up to the latter 1800s, the frontier had still not all been settled - and you had the industrial revolution with a great need for man power. This industrial revolution continued into 1900s.
Who cares what Obama thinks? He left office almost four years ago. You'd be better off asking him about book suggestions.

Cooter wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:56 pm Now in the 21st century, the U.S. is a mature nation with 325 million+ people. The frontier has long been closed down, and the industrial revolution is over. Whether immigrants in great numbers really help the nation is questionable.
Sure. Doesn't matter, though, until we have an actual working immigration policy. I will say that you must not be anywhere near farms and orchards, because Americans won't work there. There is a need for seasonal work.

I'm for anything---anything---that's a functional policy. Let 10 ppl in a year. Let 500,000 a year. Don't care. Pick one.

What I want is for them to turn on the EVerify system, and start throwing CEO's and Mangers in jail for not using it.

That will solve the problem. And gee whiz golly, Trump, Obama, Bush, Clinton, etc. etc. just can't manage to flip that switch.
old salt

Post by old salt »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... migration/

Biden supports --

-- temporary freeze on deportations
-- govt provided health care for all undocumented immigrants
-- a path to citizenship for all 11 million undocumented immigrants.
-- increased foreign aid to Honduras, Guatemala & El Salvador.
-- return to accepting 110k/yr refugees.

Unclear/No response on the other survey questions.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:48 pm
Trump didn't tell me

Who cares?
That's a good one a fan.

Hard Pass.
I didn't vote for Trump.

I did

These people did (Trump supporters in Clearwater)

flafloat800_flafloat.jpg
flafloat800_flafloat.jpg (118.99 KiB) Viewed 593 times
So did these

rallye.jpeg
rallye.jpeg (131.11 KiB) Viewed 593 times

And 62 million others. I've never run across a Trump supporter that talked to a pollster.

Face it you're f*cked this november.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

If you want to see what happens to a xenophobic nation that refuses to increase immigration even though its working age population is shrinking, look at Japan.

We need more immigration, not less. Immigration helps to grow our economy and revitalize our culture.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Typical Lax Dad

6ftstick wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:37 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:48 pm
Trump didn't tell me

Who cares?
That's a good one a fan.

Hard Pass.
I didn't vote for Trump.

I did

These people did (Trump supporters in Clearwater)

flafloat800_flafloat.jpg

So did these

rallye.jpeg

And 62 million others. I've never run across a Trump supporter that talked to a pollster.

Face it you're f*cked this november.
I have been doing fine. Hopefully I will continue to do so.
“I wish you would!”
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

Trump is apparently planning on charging a toll to pay for the border wall

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-vows-put-t ... 27495.html

Seems innovative.
Live Free or Die!
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Cooter wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:50 am Trump is apparently planning on charging a toll to pay for the border wall

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-vows-put-t ... 27495.html

Seems innovative.
Mexico will pay for the wall...oh yeah, maybe the toll only will apply to Mexicans going over the border by car....
njbill

Post by njbill »

Now that the Bannon Slush Fund has been shut down, I guess Trump needs to look for an alternative source of funding.

Wonder how this equation would work out?

x=one way toll for those rapist Mexicans (white Americans exempted).

x=cost of wall divided by, say, yearly crossings.

Pulling some numbers from the Internet, the estimated cost of Trump’s wall is $21.6 billion. There are about 350 million border crossings each year, including pedestrians. Let’s divide that by two, assuming 50% go in and 50% go out.

Let’s charge everybody, not just Mexicans.

Using these figures and assumptions, the toll to get into the United States would be $125. This includes pedestrians. Hey, they gotta pay too.

Someone on Trump’s staff asked if babies that are going to be put in cages should pay a lower toll. Stephen Miller said no.

Much higher (maybe double?) if only Mexicans are charged.
Even higher still if pedestrians are exempted.

Yeah, that will work.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

It does not need to paid off immediately. Maybe we can say $125 for a one year revolving door fee. Kinda like a yearly pass to Disney :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
CU77

Post by CU77 »

a fan wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:31 am What I want is for them to turn on the EVerify system, and start throwing CEO's and Mangers in jail for not using it.
This. And farm and ranch owners.

Let's do it!
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

CU77 wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:03 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:31 am What I want is for them to turn on the EVerify system, and start throwing CEO's and Mangers in jail for not using it.

Let's do it!
And the owners of painting, drywall and lawn companies.

DId construction in college. All the drywallers used to arrive after 7 pm, when immigration officers were (generally) done making their job site inspections. Quite the sight to see a whole van of drywallers show up the the job in a single van with their stilts already on!
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

CU77 wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:03 pm

Let's do it!
Yep

Millions of American jobless.

We need more immigrants why?
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Because the 1% wants to pay them the low wages and zero benefits that only illegals will accept.

If the 1% had to pay a decent wage and benefits, they would make less money. They don't want to do that.

Trump is a POTUS of and for the 1%. Which is why you never hear about E-verify from the Trump admin.
DocBarrister

The Racist, Stephen Miller

Post by DocBarrister »

The racist, Stephen Miller, should be investigated and prosecuted for violating the civil rights of migrant children and their families.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigr ... t-n1237416

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister

Return to “POLITICS”