2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
holmes435

Re: 2020 Elections - Desperate Don is Panicking

Post by holmes435 »

St. Louis couple who pointed guns at protesters to speak at Republican convention

Because of course they are. Republicans are doubling down on stupid.

I understand why the left wants to take away my guns. Because idiots like these prove some people don't deserve them.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:33 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:27 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:23 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:30 am I’ll ask again, why is the left scared to put up inspiring candidates?

Bernie, Michelle, Amy. All would be great candidates that would inspire. Instead we are given retreads Biden and Hillary.
"I’ll ask again, why is the left scared to put up inspiring candidates?"

There is a cupcake question. The answer is simple. The democrats were hijacked and taken over by the far left extremist wing of the party. Inspiring people is not what they do. Their expertise is in browbeating people to their way of thinking using any means possible. If it means dragging some poor guy out of his truck and beating him unconscious, well you do whatever it takes to win over hearts and minds. With todays democrat tactics I guess the murican people really do need free health care. :P
Boy, the record player remains stuck for you, cradle. skip, skip, skip.

If the the FLP was actually even remotely in control, they had two "exciting" candidates who generated a ton of excitement, Warren and Sanders.

It's just dumb at this point to think that the Dems are controlled by the "far left extremist"...influenced, sure, but not "hijacked and taken over" in the slightest.
Talk about skip, skip, skip... there are none so blind as those who refuse to see. You mention Warren and Sanders. What else needs to be said? :lol:
That's the point, they lost to Biden.
The far left had "exciting" candidates (those are just the two most prominent such), but the bulk of the Dem voters rejected the far left in favor of the moderate choice most likely to defeat Trump.

It's really nonsense to think the extremists are in control of the Dem Party.
Unfortunately, the extremists and nut jobs are very much in control of the elected GOP (for now).
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:39 am Did you watch the convention last night MD? I was having fun playing poker. I can see you in front of your TV with a nice cup of hot chocolate and some fresh popped popcorn( no butter or salt) and cheering on Michelle. I heard she gave an inspiring talk. There is talk that she even criticized trump. Who would of thunk it? :D
Yes, I watched the entire first night (2 hours) with my son and wife, on CNN which covered the whole thing...when they tried to insert their talking heads for a moment (who wants to hear Wolf Blitzer??), we flipped to MSNBC and then back again, so caught it all. Fortunately, those channels didn't insert themselves much and covered the whole thing, whereas the big networks only covered the last hour.

Found it to be far better "TV" than the usual convention coverage when the talking heads dominate so much of it and it drags on and on and on. Not everything 'worked' perfectly, but the general themes were quite powerfully communicated, and pieces of it will undoubtedly be produced into social media, etc.

Maybe the most powerful stuff was the usage of regular folks, including but not limited to the very moving piece with the daughter with the Trump voter dad who died of COVID, and the Amtrak folks who know Joe over decades. Kasich and other GOP folks were an excellent invitation to crossover R's like me and my wife, Bernie delivered hugely for Biden in a way that didn't happen for Hillary - his message was that they didn't agree on some things, but that Trump represents an existential threat to democracy and there could be no excuse for not actively supporting Joe full speed...Michelle did indeed knock the cover off the ball, not unexpectedly.

Eva Longoria was excellent, weaving the themes, explaining them very coherently. Very appealing presenter.

The Boss and the "rise up" video and refrain set a nice tone as well.

"We the People" is a big patriotic winner versus the faux MAGA flag waving of the Trumpists.

So, I'd say they got off to a strong start and there may be some real grinding of teeth over in Trumpville about how they're going to produce their convention. My hunch is that they'll use a lot of the same sort of effects, but will play their cards way too baldly and it will be easy to see through to the Cult. Seriously, the idiot rich gun toters are going to be featured?

I'll watch both conventions, btw.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

old salt wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:19 pm The time warp erased much of the discussion about the USPS.
We switched our Hosting Provider and during the transition, there was the inevitable hiccup when one house closes and the new house has yet to fully open while the new forum is propagating. Just the nature of moving a forum. We apologize.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:52 am
old salt wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:19 pm The time warp erased much of the discussion about the USPS.
We switched our Hosting Provider and during the transition, there was the inevitable hiccup when one house closes and the new house has yet to fully open while the new forum is propagating. Just the nature of moving a forum. We apologize.
No worries, it happens.
DMac

Post by DMac »

So you will now receive notification via email that you have received a PM from someone, as well as the notification when you log on at FL (this is the way it was at LP)?
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

6ftstick wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:54 amImage
Is this the biggest Swamp Thing appointment you have EVER SEEN??

Some want to treat this guy like he's just some normal person out there working hard trying to make a buck, keeping his nose clean and following the Golden Rule.

Our new post master general is a completely different animal. That so many people feel the need to let him know how swampy he really is, says more about him and the guy that appointed him than it does about those prtesting his appointment and his actions since.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

DMac wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:54 amSo you will now receive notification via email that you have received a PM from someone, as well as the notification when you log on at FL (this is the way it was at LP)?
You should be able to set this up within your personal preferences.
Caddy Day
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

DMac wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:54 am
So you will now receive notification via email that you have received a PM from someone, as well as the notification when you log on at FL (this is the way it was at LP)?
DMac - click here when you're logged in: ucp.php?i=ucp_notifications&mode=notification_options

And you can check off when you want to get an email.
DMac

Post by DMac »

I didn't change, or set up, anything but that's what happened with me...never got the email notification before. Not complaining, works for me.
Thanks, holmes...I aint screwin' around with nuthin, will leave it just the way it is. If aint broke, don't fix it. ;)
old salt

Post by old salt »

No loss. Thanks.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

I actually didn't even realize the DNC kicked off last night! :lol:

There were 1,500 viewers for Michelle Obama. One thousand five hundred. Total.

This thing was like a telethon for NPR without the excitement.

John Kasich is one confused soul; I just watched his vid...cringe.

Otherwise, apparently you are no longer allowed to praise any police or the Dems will come after you!

Put a fork in it; the DNC is toast.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

holmes435 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:29 am St. Louis couple who pointed guns at protesters to speak at Republican convention

I understand why the left wants to take away my guns. Because idiots like these prove some people don't deserve them.
Why don't they deserve guns, again?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

holmes435 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:29 am St. Louis couple who pointed guns at protesters to speak at Republican convention

The couple are actually heavy Democratic donors. Which is probably why they got invited.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:20 pm

From a technical side, because they committed felonies.

From a realistic side, because they have no idea how to use them properly or safely or legally.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Democrats shocked and mad that people used guns to protect themselves and their property and no one got hurt...

Danger! They are idiots!

:roll:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:16 pm I actually didn't even realize the DNC kicked off last night! :lol:

There were 1,500 viewers for Michelle Obama. One thousand five hundred. Total.

This thing was like a telethon for NPR without the excitement.

John Kasich is one confused soul; I just watched his vid...cringe.

Otherwise, apparently you are no longer allowed to praise any police or the Dems will come after you!

Put a fork in it; the DNC is toast.
what a troll you are Petey.

What do you think the viewership on Fox alone was for the Obama speech?
PBS' Youtube, much less the broadcast, has over 200k views already. That's the darn youtube!

Such silliness from you.
Are we truly sure you're not some Russian troll?
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:28 pm Are we truly sure you're not some Russian troll?
FanLax has received more than one PM asking the same question. He's real.
Caddy Day
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:22 pm

The couple are actually heavy Democratic donors. Which is probably why they got invited.
:lol:
https://www.riverfronttimes.com/newsblo ... convention
old salt

Post by old salt »

holmes435 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:25 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:20 pm

From a technical side, because they committed felonies.

From a realistic side, because they have no idea how to use them properly or safely or legally.
John Kasich looked like he was doing a Weed n Feed commercial.

The DNC needs to jazz things up. Maybe they could bring in a few Portland peaceful protesters to do a beatdown.
That would fire up their target audience.

Return to “POLITICS”