2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
DMac

Re: 2020 Elections - Desperate Don is Panicking

Post by DMac »

I don't disagree with the qualifications and appealing part, sc, but I do believe Joe is playing the race card with his choice too. To be clear, I have no problem with Kamala, and it's probably smart politics but it would be hard to convince me that gender and race didn't play a big role in the selection. (The Ds needed a better salesman, one who could sell Michelle on the idea of being VP...game over with that choice)
As for Pence, he's Donald's card...nuff said.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Bret Stephens wrote:Morally, the central conservative idea is the restraint of personal and public gratification for the sake of virtue. The populist idea is disdain for restraint, even at the expense of virtue. Politically, the conservative idea is about the preservation of a constitutional order that is itself liberal. The populist idea opposes liberalism in the name of majoritarianism (even when it doesn’t command a majority). Economically, the conservative idea is that free markets foster personal enterprise, frugality, creativity, industry and other components of moral character. The populist idea is that free markets make you filthy rich.
I have more than a few problems with these statements...anyone else? Especially that first line. "Restraint of personal gratification"?? Seriously? What hedge fund manager or CEO follows THAT "oh so noble", virtuous path? None that i know. Not sure what Stephens is smoking with these bromides, but it's not selling out here in The Real World.

ps: Hey Kram, if the D's effed up picking Biden/Harris...perhaps you'd pick a word or phrase for us to describe how Alfred E. Trump and Captain Kangapence won the GOP nominations in 2016, please?

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

DMac wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:15 am I don't disagree with the qualifications and appealing part, sc, but I do believe Joe is playing the race card with his choice too. To be clear, I have no problem with Kamala, and it's probably smart politics but it would be hard to convince me that gender and race didn't play a big role in the selection. (The Ds needed a better salesman, one who could sell Michelle on the idea of being VP...game over with that choice)
As for Pence, he's Donald's card...nuff said.
i'm a little confused by this...Harris was a race/gender card but you think MIchelle would be a better path? Wassup wit DAT?

I'd add that all you really need to do is take a look at the makeup of the modern Democratic Party...the people that have been propelling it through election seasons like 2018 for example, to see why Harris on the ticket makes more sense than you're giving her credit for dMac.
"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
DMac

Post by DMac »

Oh, putting Michelle on the ticket is absolutely playing the race card....the ace of race cards for that matter. The ace of appeal card too (for many). In the age of anti racism and sexism, it sure seems to play a mighty big role, no?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

A great candidate doesn’t inspire just their own party. They inspire cross- boundaries. There is a reason Harris didn’t win the nomination. She didn’t even inspire her own democrats to take the plunge for her in the primaries.

Could you imagine if the Biden campaign had announced last week a Biden/(Michelle)Obama ticket?

It woulda been game, set and match. They would have had the next 12 years (at least) sewn up.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Was more interested in your take on the Trump nomination Kram.

Did the GOP stick THAT landing? What does it say about the GOP, that nomination choice? What does it say about the GOP electorate and the other GOP primary candidates that "couldn't even inspire their own republicans" to get nominated? Pence didn't even TRY to get nominated, did he?

Do you think at any point Trump dumps Pence for Nikki?

kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

dislaxxic wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:16 am Was more interested in your take on the Trump nomination Kram.

Did the GOP stick THAT landing? What does it say about the GOP, that nomination choice? What does it say about the GOP electorate and the other GOP primary candidates that "couldn't even inspire their own republicans" to get nominated? Pence didn't even TRY to get nominated, did he?

Absolutely not. He didn’t inspire across lines either. Look at the numbers. Trump got a TON of help and still won thanks to Joe, Mika and CNN covering him 24/7 and the democrats putting up a candidate that actually inspired republican fence sitters to vote for Trump. That said, he still lost the popular and eeked out the Electoral.

If Trump is the worst ever, like the left is proclaiming, Biden and Harris will steamroll. But they missed a great opportunity to do something as Doc says “transformational.” And this feels an awful lot like the Democrats are playing “Prevent” defense.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

I’ll ask again, why is the left scared to put up inspiring candidates?

Bernie, Michelle, Amy. All would be great candidates that would inspire. Instead we are given retreads Biden and Hillary.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

“Donald Trump is the wrong president for our country,” the former first lady said, looking intently at the camera. “He has had more than enough time to prove that he can do the job, but he is clearly in over his head. He cannot meet this moment.”

“He simply cannot be who we need him to be for us,” she continued. Then she said with a sigh: “It is what it is.”

WOW
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

protest.jpg
protest.jpg (93.59 KiB) Viewed 1252 times
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

dislaxxic wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:20 am
Bret Stephens wrote:Morally, the central conservative idea is the restraint of personal and public gratification for the sake of virtue. The populist idea is disdain for restraint, even at the expense of virtue. Politically, the conservative idea is about the preservation of a constitutional order that is itself liberal. The populist idea opposes liberalism in the name of majoritarianism (even when it doesn’t command a majority). Economically, the conservative idea is that free markets foster personal enterprise, frugality, creativity, industry and other components of moral character. The populist idea is that free markets make you filthy rich.
I have more than a few problems with these statements...anyone else? Especially that first line. "Restraint of personal gratification"?? Seriously? What hedge fund manager or CEO follows THAT "oh so noble", virtuous path? None that i know. Not sure what Stephens is smoking with these bromides, but it's not selling out here in The Real World.

ps: Hey Kram, if the D's effed up picking Biden/Harris...perhaps you'd pick a word or phrase for us to describe how Alfred E. Trump and Captain Kangapence won the GOP nominations in 2016, please?

dis, read Stephens carefully...he's describing the "conservative idea" in various spheres, not hedge fund mangers or CEO's.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:30 am I’ll ask again, why is the left scared to put up inspiring candidates?

Bernie, Michelle, Amy. All would be great candidates that would inspire. Instead we are given retreads Biden and Hillary.
"I’ll ask again, why is the left scared to put up inspiring candidates?"

There is a cupcake question. The answer is simple. The democrats were hijacked and taken over by the far left extremist wing of the party. Inspiring people is not what they do. Their expertise is in browbeating people to their way of thinking using any means possible. If it means dragging some poor guy out of his truck and beating him unconscious, well you do whatever it takes to win over hearts and minds. With todays democrat tactics I guess the murican people really do need free health care. :P
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:30 am I’ll ask again, why is the left scared to put up inspiring candidates?

What if's are always fun to play, but equating Clinton and Biden is ridiculous. Hillary had massive negatives that muted Trump's even worse negatives, with Trump appearing to be the outsider in a change election year...Biden stands as a stark contrast to Trump, in every sense, in a change election year in which the chief demand is for competence in governance and Trump represents status quo pain and anger.

However, Bernie would have likely lost, even to Trump. I could be wrong about that, but I know a heck of a lot of R's and I's who have moved to Biden who would be unwilling to do so for Bernie.

Michelle simply doesn't want the job. Period. Yes, she'd have immense appeal to many, a tremendous 'talent', but she doesn't have the appetite for that cauldron again and wants to focus on her family and personal life...which is part of her appeal.

Amy was my top choice (but not actually charismatic and 'exciting') along with Pete (who actually is charismatic) and then Booker (who is off the charts charismatic) and then Harris, but beating Trump was the priority for the Dem voters and Joe appeals best to enough of those working class whites who are needed to come back to the Dem fold.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:23 am

There is a cupcake question. The answer is simple. The democrats were hijacked and taken over by the far left extremist wing of the party. Inspiring people is not what they do. Their expertise is in browbeating people to their way of thinking using any means possible. If it means dragging some poor guy out of his truck and beating him unconscious, well you do whatever it takes to win over hearts and minds. With todays democrat tactics I guess the murican people really do need free health care. :P
Boy, the record player remains stuck for you, cradle. skip, skip, skip.

If the the FLP was actually even remotely in control, they had two "exciting" candidates who generated a ton of excitement, Warren and Sanders.

It's just dumb at this point to think that the Dems are controlled by the "far left extremist"...influenced, sure, but not "hijacked and taken over" in the slightest.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:27 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:23 am

Boy, the record player remains stuck for you, cradle. skip, skip, skip.

If the the FLP was actually even remotely in control, they had two "exciting" candidates who generated a ton of excitement, Warren and Sanders.

It's just dumb at this point to think that the Dems are controlled by the "far left extremist"...influenced, sure, but not "hijacked and taken over" in the slightest.
Talk about skip, skip, skip... there are none so blind as those who refuse to see. You mention Warren and Sanders. What else needs to be said? :lol:
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Did you watch the convention last night MD? I was having fun playing poker. I can see you in front of your TV with a nice cup of hot chocolate and some fresh popped popcorn( no butter or salt) and cheering on Michelle. I heard she gave an inspiring talk. There is talk that she even criticized trump. Who would of thunk it? :D
Bob Ross:
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:39 am Did you watch the convention last night MD? I was having fun playing poker. I can see you in front of your TV with a nice cup of hot chocolate and some fresh popped popcorn( no butter or salt) and cheering on Michelle. I heard she gave an inspiring talk. There is talk that she even criticized trump. Who would of thunk it? :D
America and she were shocked SHOCKED seeing immigrant children in cages.

Her husband built the cages!
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

6ftstick wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:42 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:39 am Did you watch the convention last night MD? I was having fun playing poker. I can see you in front of your TV with a nice cup of hot chocolate and some fresh popped popcorn( no butter or salt) and cheering on Michelle. I heard she gave an inspiring talk. There is talk that she even criticized trump. Who would of thunk it? :D
America and she were shocked SHOCKED seeing immigrant children in cages.

Her husband built the cages!
gettaoutadodge... no way... ;)
Bob Ross:
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Donald Dump's campaign strategy in full force:

The party of Christian and moral values suddenly forgot the old adage thou shall not steal.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

I sure do enjoy the ignore function on this forum. :D
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”