2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
tech37

Re: 2020 Elections - Into the Home Stretch

Post by tech37 »

foreverlax wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:41 am
tech37 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:55 am
foreverlax wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:11 am
tech37 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:03 am
a fan wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:42 pm
tech37 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:52 pm :lol: a fan revisionist history. First of all, I never "claimed" anything. I did optimistically post comments early on made by Moore, Kudlow, Mnuchin, et al, that GDP could be higher than it turned out. I believe that's what you're referring to.
:lol: Right. You didn't tell me to "be patient" about both the Tax Cuts and the GDP boost.

"higher than it turned out". Dude. Every one of the idiots you cited claimed 4% GDP+. Every one of them. Don't bark revisionist history and then give me this "higher than it turned out" nonsense. 4%+ was the claim. I laughed that that asinine number then, and I laugh at it now.
tech37 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:52 pm You won't recall of course but at about the same time I was very critical of Paul Ryan for pushing healthcare reform when infrastructure was the obvious priority. Then the Russia hysteria BS and collusion nonsense was invented
I don't remember that, sorry, but I certainly take your word for it.
tech37 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:52 pm Seems pretty silly to be flexing your ego about this, post-Covid :roll:
I"m not flexing my ego..I'm giving you grief for being wrong. I'm telling you that math works. You thought I needed to be patient, and with time, "magic" things happen with math. And don't give me this "post Covid" cr*p, as if "oooooh, this was the big year that the tax cuts would finally pay for themselves if Covid didn't get in the way." Not that hard to simply say, yep, I was wrong. Please find a post where I stated that tax cuts would pay for themselves. You are mistaken and creating a false premise as usual. I may have optimistically told you to be patient but that's quite different from stating anything... or more likely, I may have simply been breaking your stones. And yes, flexing your ego... happens often on here.

Maybe next time you'll recognize when a politician is selling you nonsense, and listen to people who tell you that's not how it works. Or not. It's not like I haven't praised Trump on a number of occasions when he's done well. But you can't cut your way to prosperity when your freaking taxes are already at historic lows. Not complicated.

Remember one thing I was 100% wrong on? That Trump would invade new nations, and pull us further into the middle east. What did he do instead? He kept his powder dry, and pulled some troops home from Germany. Not a ton, but I'll take it. I'm OVERJOYED with how Trump handled our troops. A welcome surprise, and I'm happy to admit I was dead wrong on that count.
tech37 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:54 pm Keep laughing. We'll see how the power shifts left if Biden somehow wins. It's amazing you're so blind.
:lol: Says the guy who won't pony up some cash to back his surety. You're buying the ridiculous FoxNation nonsense of clutching at pearls, claiming the US is on fire because----shocker---places like Ann Arbor, Portland, and Seattle have serious lefties on city council. Same as it ever was. BFD. "FoxNation" your age-old retort for everything :roll: You certainly don't need Fox to see/understand what is happening. You're too smart not to notice and are just playing games. It must be that, on some level, you enjoy seeing the left gaining more influence/power.

If Biden wins? I'll give you the lefty markers, and we can have a nice, gentlemanly wager. We can pick a charity or something, and send the funds there. Might be fun.

That's it right there - we've seen the hard right and their hypocrites. a fan is correct, the hard left has been rejected at the poles.

Time for the 80% of the people who can agree on 80% of the stuff to take over, let them all be women of color...we've seen the result from same color/same sex.
Which "poles" ...north or south? Should have used primary vs polls, but you got the point

Is a fan correct about your prop candidate for POTUS too? Here's what he wrote..."I've already said----multiple times----that I think Biden is a corrupt POS boilerplate Corporate Dem." What is a prop candidate? Figure it out. Is a fan correct regarding Biden?

"That's it right there - we've seen the hard right and their hypocrites." That's WHAT right there? I suggested Biden's choice should have been Tulsi Gabbard ...explain to me how that is "hard right and their hypocrites" ? The hard right have shown their hypocircy again and again....which nothing to do with your view on Biden nor Tulsi

BTW, Biden happens to be one of those "same color/same sex" types you're referring to. Who's being hypocritical? :roll: What are you asking? Playing dumb for some reason?
6ftstick

Re: 2020 Elections - Desperate Don is Panicking

Post by 6ftstick »

"I've already said----multiple times----that I think Biden is a corrupt POS boilerplate Corporate Dem." —fan

Thats some endorsement.

You voting for him in the voting booth or you mailing it in.
foreverlax

Re: 2020 Elections - Into the Home Stretch

Post by foreverlax »

tech37 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:50 am
foreverlax wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:41 am
tech37 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:55 am
foreverlax wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:11 am
tech37 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:03 am
a fan wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:42 pm
tech37 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:52 pm :lol: a fan revisionist history. First of all, I never "claimed" anything. I did optimistically post comments early on made by Moore, Kudlow, Mnuchin, et al, that GDP could be higher than it turned out. I believe that's what you're referring to.
:lol: Right. You didn't tell me to "be patient" about both the Tax Cuts and the GDP boost.

"higher than it turned out". Dude. Every one of the idiots you cited claimed 4% GDP+. Every one of them. Don't bark revisionist history and then give me this "higher than it turned out" nonsense. 4%+ was the claim. I laughed that that asinine number then, and I laugh at it now.
tech37 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:52 pm You won't recall of course but at about the same time I was very critical of Paul Ryan for pushing healthcare reform when infrastructure was the obvious priority. Then the Russia hysteria BS and collusion nonsense was invented
I don't remember that, sorry, but I certainly take your word for it.
tech37 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:52 pm Seems pretty silly to be flexing your ego about this, post-Covid :roll:
I"m not flexing my ego..I'm giving you grief for being wrong. I'm telling you that math works. You thought I needed to be patient, and with time, "magic" things happen with math. And don't give me this "post Covid" cr*p, as if "oooooh, this was the big year that the tax cuts would finally pay for themselves if Covid didn't get in the way." Not that hard to simply say, yep, I was wrong. Please find a post where I stated that tax cuts would pay for themselves. You are mistaken and creating a false premise as usual. I may have optimistically told you to be patient but that's quite different from stating anything... or more likely, I may have simply been breaking your stones. And yes, flexing your ego... happens often on here.

Maybe next time you'll recognize when a politician is selling you nonsense, and listen to people who tell you that's not how it works. Or not. It's not like I haven't praised Trump on a number of occasions when he's done well. But you can't cut your way to prosperity when your freaking taxes are already at historic lows. Not complicated.

Remember one thing I was 100% wrong on? That Trump would invade new nations, and pull us further into the middle east. What did he do instead? He kept his powder dry, and pulled some troops home from Germany. Not a ton, but I'll take it. I'm OVERJOYED with how Trump handled our troops. A welcome surprise, and I'm happy to admit I was dead wrong on that count.
tech37 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:54 pm Keep laughing. We'll see how the power shifts left if Biden somehow wins. It's amazing you're so blind.
:lol: Says the guy who won't pony up some cash to back his surety. You're buying the ridiculous FoxNation nonsense of clutching at pearls, claiming the US is on fire because----shocker---places like Ann Arbor, Portland, and Seattle have serious lefties on city council. Same as it ever was. BFD. "FoxNation" your age-old retort for everything :roll: You certainly don't need Fox to see/understand what is happening. You're too smart not to notice and are just playing games. It must be that, on some level, you enjoy seeing the left gaining more influence/power.

If Biden wins? I'll give you the lefty markers, and we can have a nice, gentlemanly wager. We can pick a charity or something, and send the funds there. Might be fun.

That's it right there - we've seen the hard right and their hypocrites. a fan is correct, the hard left has been rejected at the poles.

Time for the 80% of the people who can agree on 80% of the stuff to take over, let them all be women of color...we've seen the result from same color/same sex.
Which "poles" ...north or south? Should have used primary vs polls, but you got the point

Is a fan correct about your prop candidate for POTUS too? Here's what he wrote..."I've already said----multiple times----that I think Biden is a corrupt POS boilerplate Corporate Dem." What is a prop candidate? Figure it out. Is a fan correct regarding Biden?

"That's it right there - we've seen the hard right and their hypocrites." That's WHAT right there? I suggested Biden's choice should have been Tulsi Gabbard ...explain to me how that is "hard right and their hypocrites" ? The hard right have shown their hypocircy again and again....which nothing to do with your view on Biden nor Tulsi

BTW, Biden happens to be one of those "same color/same sex" types you're referring to. Who's being hypocritical? :roll: What are you asking? Playing dumb for some reason?
In the swamp that is DC, sure, Biden is a dweller. How he ranks is subject to the rankers political party.

Not playing dumb, just wanted to make sure I got your point. Biden is white and is a male....the fiscal conservative Rs have proven to be hypocrites - they aren't mutually exclusive, but you know that.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

6ftstick wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:03 am "I've already said----multiple times----that I think Biden is a corrupt POS boilerplate Corporate Dem." —fan

Thats some endorsement.

Me....I'll do both, maybe get my kids absentee ballots, make some copies, and send them all in.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

foreverlax wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:08 am
6ftstick wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:03 am "I've already said----multiple times----that I think Biden is a corrupt POS boilerplate Corporate Dem." —fan

Thats some endorsement.

Me....I'll do both, maybe get my kids absentee ballots, make some copies, and send them all in.
Don't doubt it.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

6ftstick wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:09 am
foreverlax wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:08 am

Thats some endorsement.

Don't doubt it.

Trump is justified pushing back on the desired Democratic chaos. If you think foreverlax isn't tempted to cheat at voting, even if he says he's joking, I can point to millions more Democrats who absolutely will have no problem filling in bogus ballots this year...their emotions are pitched so high (honetsly, teen girls at a boy band concert is the best analogy), they will be willing to do anything this year, and they will.

Trump should push the limit in what he will allow, including voting the day after (which is what Dems really want), the postal service enabling Democratic ballot fraud, etc...
ggait

Post by ggait »

Cooter wrote: ↑Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:42 pm
I don't really seem Kamala Harris as being a particularly wise choice by Biden.
He already has the black vote, California and liberal women.

Last time out, people were saying that Midwestern white males brought Hillary down. I don't see Harris as being particularly popular with them. As a matter of fact, I think many of them would consider Biden (age 79) up and dying, and Harris becoming president as rather scary.
Incorrect.

Polling data shows that Biden is actually doing a few points worse than Hillary among non-white voters. Surprising but true.

The reason he is currently way ahead is because Biden is doing MUCH better than Hillary with seniors, whites with college, and whites without college. Biden (blue collar old white guy from PA), as Trump feared, has been cutting into Trump's base much more than Trump is cutting into the Dem base.

So the Harris pick is designed to pump up the black turnout. While Biden is still killing Trump on the black vote, winning an election is all about margins. If Joe can widen his margin on black voters by a few points, the Harris pick will turn out to be genius.

TBD if Harris will cost Joe any votes among whites and seniors. It is a net addition/subtraction game.
Boycott stupid. Country over party.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

ggait wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:34 am
Cooter wrote: ↑Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:42 pm
I don't really seem Kamala Harris as being a particularly wise choice by Biden.
He already has the black vote, California and liberal women.

Last time out, people were saying that Midwestern white males brought Hillary down. I don't see Harris as being particularly popular with them. As a matter of fact, I think many of them would consider Biden (age 79) up and dying, and Harris becoming president as rather scary.
Incorrect.

Polling data shows that Biden is actually doing a few points worse than Hillary among non-white voters. Surprising but true.

The reason he is currently way ahead is because Biden is doing MUCH better than Hillary with seniors, whites with college, and whites without college. Biden, as Trump feared, has been cutting into Trump's base more than Trump is cutting into the Dem base.

So the Harris pick is designed to pump up the black turnout. While Biden is still killing Trump on the black vote, winning an election is all about margins. If Joe can widen his margin on black voters by a few points, the Harris pick will turn out to be genius.
I believe it was the smart choice. I polled 13 women and there was one unopposed. The guys I have talked to like the pick also. Susan Rice has too much old baggage that nobody wants to keep hearing about. Warren is too far left and too easy a target. If you like Klobuchar, you should love Harris. Abrams, Bass and Lance-Bottoms don’t have enough National presence....IMHO
“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

So in a world where we're trying to do away with racism and sexism, the Kamala choice is very much based on both. Nice. Hypocrites comes to mind.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Post by DocBarrister » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:56 pm

In an upcoming book, Michael Cohen, President Donald Trump’s former attorney, alleges that Trump worked with Russia to win the 2016 presidential election.
The foreward to Cohen's book, released yesterday, also says this:

From golden showers in a sex club in Vegas, to tax fraud, to deals with corrupt officials from the former Soviet Union, to catch and kill conspiracies to silence Trump’s clandestine lovers, I wasn’t just a witness to the president’s rise—I was an active and eager participant.

That's the actual quote from Cohen himself in the book excerpt. :shock:
Boycott stupid. Country over party.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

"Hey, Prez - why are so lying so d@mn much":

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1294040801996156928

I guess the reporter won't be given an invitation to Christmas dinner. :lol:
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

ggait wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:46 am
Post by DocBarrister » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:56 pm

In an upcoming book, Michael Cohen, President Donald Trump’s former attorney, alleges that Trump worked with Russia to win the 2016 presidential election.
The foreward to Cohen's book, released yesterday, also says this:

From golden showers in a sex club in Vegas, to tax fraud, to deals with corrupt officials from the former Soviet Union, to catch and kill conspiracies to silence Trump’s clandestine lovers, I wasn’t just a witness to the president’s rise—I was an active and eager participant.

That's the actual quote from Cohen himself in the book excerpt. :shock:
Cohen is lying! Trump would never do any of those things!!
“I wish you would!”
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

bidenharris.jpg
bidenharris.jpg (46.44 KiB) Viewed 1391 times
or

Biden Harris—Making America Chicago

Biden Harris—Making America Minneapolis

Biden Harris—Making America Portland

Biden Harris—Making America New York City
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

CU77 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:26 am That's not the point. The point is that they are now much more likely to go all out to get their relatives and friends to vote, including those who don't usually bother, to "get the church bus gassed up" to get them to the polls (or make sure their ballots are mailed in early enough), etc etc etc.

If you know a Black woman, ask her how she feels about a graduate of an HBCU and a Divine NIne sister contending for VP. Ask her how many of her friends she's talked to about this in past 2 days.
Sounds like you are implying that a lot of these blacks are racists. A strange admission for an ultra liberal.

As you know, the election is won in the electoral college, and the percentage of black voters in many of the key swing states is low. In the end, I tend to think Harris will tend to motivate many white voters in these states who had grown lukewarm towards Trump to now get out and vote for him.
Live Free or Die!
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Cooter wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:49 am
CU77 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:26 am That's not the point. The point is that they are now much more likely to go all out to get their relatives and friends to vote, including those who don't usually bother, to "get the church bus gassed up" to get them to the polls (or make sure their ballots are mailed in early enough), etc etc etc.

If you know a Black woman, ask her how she feels about a graduate of an HBCU and a Divine NIne sister contending for VP. Ask her how many of her friends she's talked to about this in past 2 days.
Sounds like you are implying that a lot of these blacks are racists. A strange admission for an ultra liberal.

As you know, the election is won in the electoral college, and the percentage of black voters in many of the key swing states is low. In the end, I tend to think Harris will tend to motivate many white voters in these states who had grown lukewarm towards Trump to now get out and vote for him.
Interesting: can you explain why you think that (the bolded part, above)?
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

6ftstick wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:18 am bidenharris.jpg

or

:D
Some of us who are against illegal immigration might add

Biden-Harris - Making America Mexico
Live Free or Die!
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Cooter wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:54 am

or

+1
a fan

Post by a fan »

Cooter wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:54 am

or

Trump-Pence: "he had his chance to fix the immigration problem, and did nothing, so that for the next election, he could sucker in a bunch of Americans who gave him full marks for doing nothing about illegal immigration...and promise "he'll fix it this time"

Nice job fellas. I wish I could get credit for doing nothing about a problem, and have people stand in line to ask for more.

Meanwhile, people are still crossing the border. But you think it's fixed, because you believe (snicker) what Donald Trump tells you.
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

a fan wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:28 am
Meanwhile, people are still crossing the border. But you think it's fixed, because you believe (snicker) what Donald Trump tells you.
I don't think it is fixed, and don't believe Biden-Harris will do anything towards fixing it, and will do things to make it worse.
Live Free or Die!
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:51 am
Cooter wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:49 am

Interesting: can you explain why you think that (the bolded part, above)?
That was my question as well.

Cooter, surely you aren't saying these otherwise "lukewarm" white voters object strenuously to Harris being black?
Indeed so much that they'll turn out for Trump instead of staying home, which they'd have done if Harris was white???

On the more practical point, if I'm not mistaken, black turnout in those swing states was the differential between Obama's two wins and Clinton's loss in 2016.

One could explain the loss by a few hundred thousand votes in a number of other ways as well, the higher turnout of no-college whites (esp. men) voting for Trump, for instance, or the influence of social media campaigns fueled by Russian interference possibly driving that no-college white vote etc, but the black vote alone accounted for enough to have pushed the outcome the other way, if I'm not mistaken.

ggait is correct, IMO, that the big swing right now has been the erosion of support for Trump among seniors and suburban white women, with bolstering black turnout in the major population centers being the potential coup de grace. And that's the swing states.

It's also about competing in formerly red states, turning them purple. Win or lose those states, by putting them in play with a moderate Biden-Harris line-up, along with bolstering women and people of color turnout, the Biden campaign forces the Trump Campaign to defend traditionally safe states.

And it forces the GOP Senate campaigns to be worried about defending as well. Indeed, it could well flip some otherwise safe Senate seats.

Return to “POLITICS”