Trumpista fascists on the march

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
DocBarrister

Re: Trumpista fascists on the march

Post by DocBarrister »

6ftstick wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:30 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:25 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:18 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:18 pm
CU77 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:21 pm True enough. Like everyone else, I learned in school about the many charismatic sociopaths who came to power in various parts of the world at various times. But until it happened in my own country, I had no real idea of how this process works, how very ordinary and banal it all is. Now, to watch military veterans (who I often disagreed with but whose opinions I formerly respected) turn on their own fellow soldiers in order to back the criminal activity of the sociopath (who dodged his own military service with a ludicrous fake medical claim) is chilling. I would have naively thought that the ties of the "band of brothers" would be stronger than the urge to back the sociopath. But it turns out that this is wrong. And that explains a lot of world history. But I still don't understand the deeper psychology of it.
I think any reasonable individual reading the arguments of Trump supporters on this forum would find them disturbing.

Americans have displayed a certain hubris about the purported strength of our democratic institutions and the rule of law. Aspiring authoritarians like Trump, Barr, and Pompeo (and their tens of millions of sycophantic supporters) have demonstrated just how fragile those institutions are.

Fascist Italy, Imperial Japan, the Stalinist USSR, Maoist China, Vichy France, Franco’s Spain, Nazi Germany, Putin’s Russia ... authoritarian regimes ... all arising in one of the world’s great cultures and nations.

Yeah ... authoritarianism and dictatorship could take root in the United States. Trump and his supporters have proven that. It would be arrogant to think otherwise.

This November, American democracy is on the ballot. We must crush the aspiring dictators in Trump’s regime and the former Grand Old Party.

Indeed, defeating Trump and the Republicans is not enough ... they must be destroyed at the ballot box to deter future aspiring dictators from following their path.

DocBarrister

Out of curiosity and speaking of those who believe in democracy, would you accept a Trump victory if he prevails?
I did the first time, didn’t I?

That’s apparently more than Trump and his supporters are willing to do if Biden prevails. Of course, they are the ones who support an authoritarian thug in Trump.

Most Americans now believe that President Trump will not accept the results of November’s election if he loses to Joe Biden, according to a new Yahoo News/YouGov poll — and an even larger majority of Trump voters say they too will refuse to accept a narrow loss if mail-in ballots contribute to Biden’s victory.

https://news.yahoo.com/new-yahoo-news-y ... 28759.html

DocBarrister :?
No as a matter of fact you NEVER ACCEPTED THE RESULTS OF THE ELECTION.
You are lying ... just as supporters of fascist regimes are wont to do.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

DocBarrister wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:27 pm
CU77 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:21 pm True enough. Like everyone else, I learned in school about the many charismatic sociopaths who came to power in various parts of the world at various times. But until it happened in my own country, I had no real idea of how this process works, how very ordinary and banal it all is. Now, to watch military veterans (who I often disagreed with but whose opinions I formerly respected) turn on their own fellow soldiers in order to back the criminal activity of the sociopath (who dodged his own military service with a ludicrous fake medical claim) is chilling. I would have naively thought that the ties of the "band of brothers" would be stronger than the urge to back the sociopath. But it turns out that this is wrong. And that explains a lot of world history. But I still don't understand the deeper psychology of it.
I think any reasonable individual reading the arguments of Trump supporters on this forum would find them disturbing.

Americans have displayed a certain hubris about the purported strength of our democratic institutions and the rule of law. Aspiring authoritarians like Trump, Barr, and Pompeo (and their tens of millions of sycophantic supporters) have demonstrated just how fragile those institutions are.

Fascist Italy, Imperial Japan, the Stalinist USSR, Maoist China, Vichy France, Franco’s Spain, Nazi Germany, Putin’s Russia ... authoritarian regimes ... all arising in one of the world’s great cultures and nations.

Yeah ... authoritarianism and dictatorship could take root in the United States. Trump and his supporters have proven that. It would be arrogant to think otherwise.

This November, American democracy is on the ballot. We must crush the aspiring dictators in Trump’s regime and the former Grand Old Party.

Indeed, defeating Trump and the Republicans is not enough ... they must be destroyed at the ballot box to deter future aspiring dictators from following their path.

DocBarrister

Out of curiosity and speaking of those who believe in democracy, would you accept a Trump victory if he prevails?

That’s apparently more than Trump and his supporters are willing to do if Biden prevails. Of course, they are the ones who support an authoritarian thug in Trump.

Most Americans now believe that President Trump will not accept the results of November’s election if he loses to Joe Biden, according to a new Yahoo News/YouGov poll — and an even larger majority of Trump voters say they too will refuse to accept a narrow loss if mail-in ballots contribute to Biden’s victory.

DocBarrister
He lied about the Rutgers writing program last week.
“I wish you would!”
CU77

Post by CU77 »

When President Donald Trump directed late Monday that states now pick up some of the tab for the nationwide deployment of the National Guard to respond to the coronavirus, he carved out two big exceptions: Texas and Florida.

While all other states and territories will have to shell out millions to cover 25 percent of their National Guard costs starting later this month, Texas and Florida will be fully covered. The two key states, which voted for Trump in 2016 and are hotly contested this year, are struggling to contain the coronavirus surges. But other states are worse off by several metrics — including total Covid-19 cases and the percentage of people testing positive.
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/0 ... nds-391535
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

CU77 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:27 am
When President Donald Trump directed late Monday that states now pick up some of the tab for the nationwide deployment of the National Guard to respond to the coronavirus, he carved out two big exceptions: Texas and Florida.

While all other states and territories will have to shell out millions to cover 25 percent of their National Guard costs starting later this month, Texas and Florida will be fully covered. The two key states, which voted for Trump in 2016 and are hotly contested this year, are struggling to contain the coronavirus surges. But other states are worse off by several metrics — including total Covid-19 cases and the percentage of people testing positive.
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/0 ... nds-391535
… this will be challenged in court.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:41 pm

DocBarrister

DocBarrister
Thats your spin.

Heres another.

Rutgers University's English department declared that proper grammar is racist.

The school's English department will alter its grammar standards to "stand with and respond" to the Black Lives Matter movement, the Washington Free Beacon reported.

The department head said that the program will hold "workshops on social justice and writing," will increase the “focus on graduate student life," and incorporate “‘critical grammar' into our pedagogy” in the wake of George Floyd’s death and the resulting calls to end racism and police brutality.

Some have denounced the move as “insulting” and racist because it assumes minority students can’t understand correct grammar.

"The idea that expecting a student to write in grammatically correct sentences is indicative of racial bias is asinine," speech pathologist Leonydus Johnson told the Washington Free Beacon. "It's like these people believe that being non-white is an inherent handicap or learning disability. ... That's racism. It has become very clear to me that those who claim to be ‘anti-racist' are often the most racist people in this country."

More liberal progressives soft racism of low expectations.
Typical Lax Dad

6ftstick wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:09 am

DocBarrister

DocBarrister
Thats your spin.

Heres another.

The school's English department will alter its grammar standards to "stand with and respond" to the Black Lives Matter movement, the Washington Free Beacon reported.

The department head said that the program will hold "workshops on social justice and writing," will increase the “focus on graduate student life," and incorporate “‘critical grammar' into our pedagogy” in the wake of George Floyd’s death and the resulting calls to end racism and police brutality.

Some have denounced the move as “insulting” and racist because it assumes minority students can’t understand correct grammar.

"The idea that expecting a student to write in grammatically correct sentences is indicative of racial bias is asinine," speech pathologist Leonydus Johnson told the Washington Free Beacon. "It's like these people believe that being non-white is an inherent handicap or learning disability. ... That's racism. It has become very clear to me that those who claim to be ‘anti-racist' are often the most racist people in this country."

Did you read the email from Rutgers? Also, what you quoted last week was a lie unless you want to say you were mistaken. I searched the text for your attribution and it did not appear. So, you were either mistaken or lying. You and C&S were peddling a lower bar...as the email indicated, it’s a graduate level workshop primarily for writing. If you are really interested, read the email from Rutgers....otherwise you are spreading lies.
“I wish you would!”
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:36 am

DocBarrister

DocBarrister
Thats your spin.

Heres another.

Did you read the email from Rutgers? Also, what you quoted last week was a lie unless you want to say you were mistaken. I searched the text for your attribution and it did not appear. So, you were either mistaken or lying. You and C&S were peddling a lower bar...as the email indicated, it’s a graduate level workshop primarily for writing. If you are really interested, read the email from Rutgers....otherwise you are spreading lies.
Exactly what was posted.

No more no less.

Your spin and the actual story.

Do you think women should be called women or "people with a cervix." A CNN story.

Do you think babies should be called babies or "products of conception."
Typical Lax Dad

6ftstick wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:48 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:36 am

DocBarrister

DocBarrister
Thats your spin.

Heres another.

Exactly what was posted.

No more no less.

Your spin and the actual story.

Do you think women should be called women or "people with a cervix." A CNN story.

Do you think babies should be called babies or "products of conception."
So you didn’t read the email.
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

What you can glean from the email is what so often happens when woke virtue signals (no matter how well-intentioned) cause opposite results.

The letter writer is a woke, virtue-signalling Democratic dingbat. She is in essence saying there are no more rules as pertains to black students, that professors should in effect grade them differently than white kids. No mention of course of Latino, Asian, or Eskimo's.

So what happens then? Comparatively, you get POC with less aptitude and performance, because you're holding them to lower standards than their peers; as they regress, their job prospects are lowered too.

I will never understand how libs fall to note how their actions cause such awful results. Maybe they intend them?
Typical Lax Dad

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:28 am What you can glean from the email is what so often happens when woke virtue signals (no matter how well-intentioned) cause opposite results.

The letter writer is a woke, virtue-signalling Democratic dingbat. She is in essence saying there are no more rules as pertains to black students, that professors should in effect grade them differently than white kids. No mention of course of Latino, Asian, or Eskimo's.

So what happens then? Comparatively, you get POC with less aptitude and performance, because you're holding them to lower standards than their peers; as they regress, their job prospects are lowered too.

I will never understand how libs fall to note how their actions cause such awful results. Maybe they intend them?
Who said the workshop was aimed at black graduate students?
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:31 am
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:28 am What you can glean from the email is what so often happens when woke virtue signals (no matter how well-intentioned) cause opposite results.

No one except you, of course.

The email is addressed to everyone: faculty, staff, and students. The purpose of the email is to make sure faculty realize that this is a new day and grading will be different, classes will be different, and that they best fall in line. God help the poor soul who intends to grade as he has in the past.

Maybe read her opening paragraph:

I am writing to you today, Juneteenth, to report on the ongoing and future initiatives the English Department has planned as a way to stand with and respond to the Black Lives Matter movement; to create and promote an anti-racist environment in our workplace, our classes, our department, our university, and our communities; and to contribute to the eradication of the violence and systemic inequities facing black, indigenous, and people of color members of our community, to which the #BLM movement and ongoing protests have drawn our attention in pointed and necessary ways.

This is the very definition of the bigotry of low expectations, written in a way that birdbrains can't ascertain the actual message.

man, the Left is a cancer.
Typical Lax Dad

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:41 am

The email is addressed to everyone: faculty, staff, and students. The purpose of the email is to make sure faculty realize that this is a new day and grading will be different, classes will be different, and that they best fall in line. God help the poor soul who intends to grade as he has in the past.

I am writing to you today, Juneteenth, to report on the ongoing and future initiatives the English Department has planned as a way to stand with and respond to the Black Lives Matter movement; to create and promote an anti-racist environment in our workplace, our classes, our department, our university, and our communities; and to contribute to the eradication of the violence and systemic inequities facing black, indigenous, and people of color members of our community, to which the #BLM movement and ongoing protests have drawn our attention in pointed and necessary ways.

This is the very definition of the bigotry of low expectations, written in a way that birdbrains can't ascertain the actual message.

Who said it wasn’t leftist? So the idea that remedial grammar will be ok for black students in order to establish a lower bar for those students wasn’t mentioned. A 60 paragraphed letter and maintaining focus may be hard but many of the things quoted are not covered in the letter and particularly not in the context of what was propagated here by 6ft and C&S....dem poor chilren need to ax somebody something....Issa sorry fo sho’ if Issa got sompen wronged.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Rutgers valedictorian

Trump - Pence 2020

MAGA
“I wish you would!”
CU77

Post by CU77 »

If Donald Trump Controls The Mail, He Controls Democracy

The president is working overtime to turn the federal bureaucracy into a subsidiary of his campaign.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donald-t ... 009a5c6381
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:41 am

Huh?
Please 'splain to us exactly what aspect of the paragraph you quoted alludes to "low expectations"?
For anyone?

Sure sounds like she is challenging folks to do far better in this arena, no dumbing down in the slightest. Big challenge.

But maybe you have some sort of liberal codebreaker tech that I don't...
Brooklyn

Re: Trumpista fascists go on a ride

Post by Brooklyn »

tRUMPistas ride to their doom
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
a fan

Post by a fan »

Heres another.

"The idea that expecting a student to write in grammatically correct sentences is indicative of racial bias is asinine," speech pathologist Leonydus Johnson told the Washington Free Beacon.
:lol: 6ft, FFS, man.

Instead of actually citing the Rutgers documents.....you cite "some guy on the internet's" ridiculous view on the Rutgers documents, and pretend that that's the same thing.

Why do you do this?
Last edited by a fan on Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:49 pm
Heres another.

"The idea that expecting a student to write in grammatically correct sentences is indicative of racial bias is asinine," speech pathologist Leonydus Johnson told the Washington Free Beacon.
:lol: 6ft, FFS, man.

Instead of actually citing the Rutgers documents.....you cite "some guy on the internet's" ridiculous view on the Rutgers documents, and pretend that that's the same thing.

Why do you do this?

When I read his posts, I knew it could not be as characterized by him and C&S..... it turned out not to be true. A 60+ paragraph letter with one paragraph on a graduate level writing workshop. There are many writing styles that have incorporated “improper grammar”.....such as starting a sentence with “but” or “and”.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Another nutjob.

Could just be me, but I am sensing that transvestites and transgenders might have a few issues to work on. Whaddya think?

a fan says they are norm. I dunno, but I keep seeing them arrested for fairly horrific 'shiite'. I get that they are a mainstay of the Democratic Party now (what lunatic fringe isn't?!), but maybe it's time to use that noggin on top of your shoulders and admit some cold facts. :lol:
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Trump palns to shut down the Post Office to prevent mail-in balloting:
“Now, they need that money in order to make the Post Office work, so it can take all of these millions and millions of ballots,” Trump said. He added: “Now, if we don’t make a deal, that means they don’t get the money. That means they can’t have universal mail-in voting, they just can’t have it.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... ots-dejoy/
Trump’s attack on the Postal Service is now a national emergency
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... emergency/

Return to “POLITICS”