2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
6ftstick

Re: 2020 Elections - Into the Home Stretch

Post by 6ftstick »

ggait wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:59 pm VP doesn't matter much to me -- since the people actually doing the work and advising the president are much more important. And those people are the chief of staff, national sec advisor, secy of state, secy of treasury, etc.

VP only matters to me if the VP will maximize votes for Biden. Presumably Biden's team has polled and war-gamed this extensively. So if Kamala will bring in the votes, I'm just fine with that.

Would have preferred Susan Rice. Glad it wasn't Abrams (not qualified) or Bass (not ready for prime time).

Game on.
So you actually believe Joe Biden going to serve his full first time.

You're statement is devoid of reality.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:48 pm
tech37 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:39 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:34 pm
calourie wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:22 pm
jhu72 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:17 pm Just announced it is Harris. So much for reading tea leaves.
I like the pick (my second choice, but I'm not running no matter if Kanye wants me to or not). Let the Harris bashing begin. She should be able to hold her own.
Yet another clear as day example that the idea that the Dem party is moving left is------utterly laughable and ridiculous.

If they manage to win? Both Biden and Harris will govern to the right of both Trump and Obama.

Voting Dems, and Dems in power, have rejected the left. There is no arguing this fact anymore.
So certain! :roll:
So now actual things that have actually happened don't count, and you think I'm forecasting?

Is Bernie the nominee, or not?

Do you know anything about Kamala Harris, and her record?

The Dem party just handed you two center right candidates for President and VP, tech...and told the lefty candidates to take a hike.

If you don't see that......okie-dokie. All that tells me is how far to the right you really are.
"two center right candidates" :lol:

You have gravely underestimated the inroads the left has made and will continue to make unless Biden loses.
Last edited by tech37 on Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

a fan wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:01 pm [quote=6ftstick post_id=175455 time=1597179402 user_id=300
China
Immigration
Health Care
Green New Deal
Gun Control
Energy
Great. We'll ignore that most of those are legislative issues that Biden can't effect on his own, but whatever.

Now take this list and my list, and tell me what you think Biden will do as POTUS, and what a conservative would do.
[/quote]

Trump has dealt with all of them with executive orders.

You live in a rarefied fantasy land for certain.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:55 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:42 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:37 pm Nonsense. Biden and Harris will absolutely not “govern to the right of” Trump.
Wanna bet? They're not in Congress, so you can look at two major things: what they do overseas, and what bills they sign or veto.

-What do you think will happen with NATO? Will Biden look to repair that relationship, or will they act like lefties, and continue to pull troops?
I predict a freeze. He'll halt any Germany drawdown that hasn't already started, although he may follow through on bringing home the Stryker Brgade (& replacing it with constant rotational deployment). Otherwise -- status quo in Germany & everywhere else.

-Will Biden close more military bases?
I doubt it.

-Will Biden withdraw further from our role as the World's Cop
Just the opposite

You know the answer to every question, Doc. Biden will move America further to the right overseas.
Yep. We be Globocop again.

As for the rest of the Executive Branch activities....crime, DoJ, FBI, etc.? Have you seen Kamala's record? She's not a lefty, Doc.
She goes whichever way the wind is blowing. Wall St is relieved it's not Warren.
She'll become Miss Congeniality, prepping for her next run in 4 years, maybe as the incumbent.
Yep. You're seeing exactly what I'm seeing------Biden will govern center right. This is not a complicated call.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:03 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:37 pm Nonsense. Biden and Harris will absolutely not “govern to the right of” Trump.
Wanna bet? They're not in Congress, so you can look at two major things: what they do overseas, and what bills they sign or veto.

-What do you think will happen with NATO? Will Biden look to repair that relationship, or will they act like lefties, and continue to pull troops?
I predict a freeze. He'll halt any Germany drawdown that hasn't already started, although he may follow through on bringing home the Stryker Brgade (& replacing it with constant rotational deployment). Otherwise -- status quo in Germany & everywhere else.

I doubt it.

Just the opposite

You know the answer to every question, Doc. Biden will move America further to the right overseas.

As for the rest of the Executive Branch activities....crime, DoJ, FBI, etc.? Have you seen Kamala's record? She's not a lefty, Doc.
She goes whichever way the wind is blowing. Wall St is relieved it's not Warren.
She'll become Miss Congeniality, prepping for her next run in 4 years, maybe as the incumbent.
Yep. You're seeing exactly what I'm seeing------Biden will govern center right. This is not a complicated call.
Biden is an empty vessel. He will govern as he's told to govern.
a fan

Post by a fan »

6ftstick wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:03 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:01 pm [quote=6ftstick post_id=175455 time=1597179402 user_id=300
China
Immigration
Health Care
Green New Deal
Gun Control
Energy
Great. We'll ignore that most of those are legislative issues that Biden can't effect on his own, but whatever.

Now take this list and my list, and tell me what you think Biden will do as POTUS, and what a conservative would do.
Trump has dealt with all of them with executive orders.
[/quote] That's not what I asked. I asked for each issue, what would a conservative do, and what will Biden do.

You can't answer the question because you know you're walking into a trap.......

Trump's not a conservative. Never has been. But that little R means you give him your full support regardless of topic.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

6ftstick wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:52 pm
CU77 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:50 pm That's what Fox and Limbaugh keep feeding you.
Look at Chicago NY LA Seattle Portland Minneapolis St Louis and tell me that's not the modern democrat party.

Point to a single democrat that has denounced any of the rioting going on in most American Major Cities.
Why don't you go find out what they actually say instead of relying on Fox and Limbaugh?

Here, for example, is a statement released on July 18 by the Dem mayor of Chicago. Money quote:
“Unfortunately, last night, a portion of the protesters turned violent. A number of individuals came with frozen water bottles, rocks, bottles, cans and other gear to throw at officers. People in the crowd also threw fireworks and other incendiary devices at police, causing injury in several cases. These violent acts are unacceptable and put everyone at risk.
https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/c ... s/2307407/

Pretty much every D ever has said similar things. You don't care, you live in your Fox bubble.
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:06 pm

I doubt it.

Just the opposite

That's odd. I could say the same thing about every President we've had since Carter left office.

It's almost as if the 1% is running things......while you laughably fret about magic lefties running the country.

Is the 1% richer or poorer under Trump, Tech? And how hard did you have to think before answering?

But sure, lets worry about some stupid kids in Portland.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

6ftstick wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:03 pm Trump has dealt with all of them with executive orders.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And on the big one, the one that's killing us today at the rate of two and a half 9/11's every week, giving us 6 times the world average in deaths per capita?

How's he doing???
njbill

Post by njbill »

So you Rs out there, is Pence now safe or is he packing boxes now?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

… in this conversation I sense a lot of right wing Trumpnista angst. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:08 pm
tech37 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:06 pm

I doubt it.

Just the opposite

That's odd. I could say the same thing about every President we've had since Carter left office.

It's almost as if the 1% is running things......while you laughably fret about magic lefties running the country.

Is the 1% richer or poorer under Trump, Tech? And how hard did you have to think before answering?

But sure, lets worry about some stupid kids in Portland.
Portland is back to “normal”:

In a retrospective of the city's protests from November 2016 to November 2017, Shane Dixon Kavanaugh of The Oregonian wrote: "Portland's convulsive protests thrust the city into the national spotlight as they often descended into violence and chaos even as most demonstrators remained peaceful... [T]he churn of marches, demonstrations and rallies has become enduring fiber in the fabric of the city. The protests spanned issues – immigrant rights, homelessness, racism, police accountability, free speech. They drew students, parents, anarchists and Trump supporters."[4]

My cousin said folks in Portland know how to protest.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

njbill wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:16 pm So you Rs out there, is Pence now safe or is he packing boxes now?
… Pence knows where the bodies are buried and is the perfect ass kiss -- lots of tongue. :lol:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

… my white suburban housewife if really happy. All smiles, giddy even. Harris, a woman, that is more than capable of cutting off Trumps balls. Trump is going to spend more time going after Harris than he does Biden.
njbill

Post by njbill »

One thing Gavin Newsom is NOT saying right now: “I've got this thing and it's f*cking golden."
Brooklyn

Re: 2020 Elections - Enough Divisiveness Already

Post by Brooklyn »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:10 pm

My proof is Tim Walz...when Jacob Frey says you're a thug's bff, you've lost everyone.

Also Norm Coleman was robbed.

Next?
Walz? His approval numbers are a lot higher than your hero tRUMP's, especially among Independents. While it is true that Frey was mad at him for not sending in National Guard troops in earlier, if Frey had gotten hold of the cops in his city none of that crap would have taken place. In the end, it was Frey, not Walz that got booed away by the crowd in Minneapolis.

Norm Coleman? Cry baby Coleman?? The canvassing board that oversaw the recount was comprised of one Democrat and FOUR Repukeblicans. Guess what happened next ----- when the recount took place your hero Norm who had been ahead by 200 votes LOST by over 200 votes.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:43 pm … my white suburban housewife if really happy. All smiles, giddy even. Harris, a woman, that is more than capable of cutting off Trumps balls. Trump is going to spend more time going after Harris than he does Biden.

Kamala is popular with white women (she's also married to a white guy)...that's not the issue. Black voters despise her.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:23 pm … in this conversation I sense a lot of right wing Trumpnista angst. :lol:

I think it's a wash. She's the Josef Mengele of Democrats, so white Democrats will love her.

Black voters do not like Kamala and she won't erase that deficit no matter how woke she goes.
Andersen

Post by Andersen »

Peter Brown wrote:
jhu72 wrote: ↑Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:43 pm
… my white suburban housewife if really happy. All smiles, giddy even. Harris, a woman, that is more than capable of cutting off Trumps balls. Trump is going to spend more time going after Harris than he does Biden.

Kamala is popular with white women (she's also married to a white guy)...that's not the issue. Black voters despise her.
You mean your Interior Decorator?

Return to “POLITICS”