2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
DocBarrister

Re: 2020 Elections - Into the Home Stretch

Post by DocBarrister »

calourie wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:22 pm
jhu72 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:17 pm Just announced it is Harris. So much for reading tea leaves.
I like the pick (my second choice, but I'm not running no matter if Kanye wants me to or not). Let the Harris bashing begin. She should be able to hold her own.
Great pick. Biden avoided the mistake Hillary made. Kamala is going to be a terrific running mate and a wonderful VP.

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
a fan

Post by a fan »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:17 pm Just announced it is Harris. So much for reading tea leaves.
I like the pick (my second choice, but I'm not running no matter if Kanye wants me to or not). Let the Harris bashing begin. She should be able to hold her own.
Yet another clear as day example that the idea that the Dem party is moving left is------utterly laughable and ridiculous.

If they manage to win? Both Biden and Harris will govern to the right of both Trump and Obama.

Voting Dems, and Dems in power, have rejected the left. There is no arguing this fact anymore.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

CU77 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:31 pm Excellent choice. I'm relieved.

Agreed, great choice. Was never concerned.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

a fan wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:34 pm
Yet another clear as day example that the idea that the Dem party is moving left is------utterly laughable and ridiculous.

If they manage to win? Both Biden and Harris will govern to the right of both Trump and Obama.

Voting Dems, and Dems in power, have rejected the left. There is no arguing this fact anymore.
Nonsense. Biden and Harris will absolutely not “govern to the right of” Trump.

Besides, Sanders, Warren, and AOC (!) have speaking slots at the Democratic Convention.

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
tech37

Post by tech37 »

So certain! :roll:

Maybe a fan. One certainty is she is a better choice than Bass would have been.
a fan

Post by a fan »

DocBarrister wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:37 pm Nonsense. Biden and Harris will absolutely not “govern to the right of” Trump.
Wanna bet? They're not in Congress, so you can look at two major things: what they do overseas, and what bills they sign or veto.

-What do you think will happen with NATO? Will Biden look to repair that relationship, or will they act like lefties, and continue to pull troops?

-Will Biden close more military bases?

-Will Biden withdraw further from our role as the World's Cop

You know the answer to every question, Doc. Biden will move America further to the right overseas.

As for the rest of the Executive Branch activities....crime, DoJ, FBI, etc.? Have you seen Kamala's record? She's not a lefty, Doc.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Listening to reactions from Black politicians (eg Clyburn) and commentators (Reid, Robinson, Sharpton) on MSNBC. They are all ecstatic. They are going to go all in to turn out the Black vote. That will also help quiet the Bernie bros who want to complain that Harris isn't far enough left.
Sanders campaign co-chair says Harris will win over Vermont senator’s supporters
https://www.washingtonpost.com/election ... e-updates/
Last edited by CU77 on Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:39 pm

So certain! :roll:
So now actual things that have actually happened don't count, and you think I'm forecasting?

Is Bernie the nominee, or not?

Do you know anything about Kamala Harris, and her record?

The Dem party just handed you two center right candidates for President and VP, tech...and told the lefty candidates to take a hike.

If you don't see that......okie-dokie. All that tells me is how far to the right you really are.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

a fan wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:42 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:37 pm Nonsense. Biden and Harris will absolutely not “govern to the right of” Trump.
Wanna bet? They're not in Congress, so you can look at two major things: what they do overseas, and what bills they sign or veto.

-What do you think will happen with NATO? Will Biden look to repair that relationship, or will they act like lefties, and continue to pull troops?

You know the answer to every question, Doc. Biden will move America further to the right overseas.

As for the rest of the Executive Branch activities....crime, DoJ, FBI, etc.? Have you seen Kamala's record? She's not a lefty, Doc.
They're all lefties now. Where the h*ll have you been

There is no middle or right in the democrat party. Not No Mo
CU77

Post by CU77 »

That's what Fox and Limbaugh keep feeding you.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

CU77 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:47 pm Listening to reactions from Black politicians (eg Clyburn) and commentators (Reid, Robinson, Sharpton) on MSNBC. They are all ecstatic. They are going to go all in to turn out the Black vote. That will also help quiet the Bernie bros who want to complain that Harris isn't far enough left.
Sanders campaign co-chair says Harris will win over Vermont senator’s supporters

It doesn’t surprise me that Fanlax Dems don’t realize that blacks people don’t like Kamala Harris. :lol:

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/o ... 390457002/
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

CU77 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:50 pm That's what Fox and Limbaugh keep feeding you.
Look at Chicago NY LA Seattle Portland Minneapolis St Louis and tell me that's not the modern democrat party.

Point to a single democrat that has denounced any of the rioting going on in most American Major Cities.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:50 pm
CU77 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:47 pm Listening to reactions from Black politicians (eg Clyburn) and commentators (Reid, Robinson, Sharpton) on MSNBC. They are all ecstatic. They are going to go all in to turn out the Black vote. That will also help quiet the Bernie bros who want to complain that Harris isn't far enough left.

It doesn’t surprise me that Fanlax Dems don’t realize that blacks people don’t like Kamala Harris. :lol:

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/o ... 390457002/
No body likes her. Did she ever get out of single digits in the primaries?
a fan

Post by a fan »

6ftstick wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:48 pm

You're wrong. Demonstrably so.

Let's list some key policies that a POTUS can actually enact...and you tell me what the conservative stance would be?

Let's play

Spending: more, or less than Trump
Borrowing: more, or less than Trump
NATO: more presence there, or continue shutting bases
World's cop: Keep our forces overseas, or pull them home
Trade policy: continue Trump's protectionist policies, or move to more free market

You're welcome to add issues, 6ft. For the positions above, which do you think a conservative would choose, and which do you think Biden will choose?
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

a fan wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:42 pmYou know the answer to every question, Doc. Biden will move America further to the right overseas.

I'd argue that while Harris will have some influence on this situation, the other picks Biden makes for his cabinet will have, individually and collectively, more influence on policy than Harris by herself will. If Warren, perhaps Sanders and other more leftist types find their way into the new cabinet, i think the Ship of State may well begin it's long tack more to the left. The days of believing that currying the favor of Blue Dog Democrats are gone, i believe...but we shall see...both of the top two people understand (i hope!) what power the progressive wing of the party bring to the table these days.

Last edited by dislaxxic on Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
old salt

Post by old salt »

I predict a freeze. He'll halt any Germany drawdown that hasn't already started, although he may follow through on bringing home the Stryker Brgade (& replacing it with constant rotational deployment). Otherwise -- status quo in Germany & everywhere else.

I doubt it.

Just the opposite

Yep. We be Globocop again.

She goes whichever way the wind is blowing. Wall St is relieved it's not Warren.
She'll become Miss Congeniality, prepping for her next run in 4 years, maybe as the incumbent.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

has biden been watching the news for the last 2 months?
will they release anyone left in cali in for a dime bag?
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

a fan wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:53 pm
6ftstick wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:48 pm

You're wrong. Demonstrably so.

Let's list some key policies that a POTUS can actually enact...and you tell me what the conservative stance would be?

Let's play

Spending: more, or less than Trump
Borrowing: more, or less than Trump
NATO: more presence there, or continue shutting bases
World's cop: Keep our forces overseas, or pull them home
Trade policy: continue Trump's protectionist policies, or move to more free market

You're welcome to add issues, 6ft. For the positions above, which do you think a conservative would choose, and which do you think Biden will choose?
China
Immigration
Health Care
Green New Deal
Gun Control
Energy
ggait

Post by ggait »

VP doesn't matter much to me -- since the people actually doing the work and advising the president are much more important. And those people are the chief of staff, national sec advisor, secy of state, secy of treasury, etc.

VP only matters to me if the VP will maximize votes for Biden. Presumably Biden's team has polled and war-gamed this extensively. So if Kamala will bring in the votes, I'm just fine with that.

Would have preferred Susan Rice. Glad it wasn't Abrams (not qualified) or Bass (not ready for prime time).

Game on.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
a fan

Post by a fan »

[quote=6ftstick post_id=175455 time=1597179402 user_id=300
China
Immigration
Health Care
Green New Deal
Gun Control
Energy
[/quote]

Great. We'll ignore that most of those are legislative issues that Biden can't effect on his own, but whatever.

Now take this list and my list, and tell me what you think Biden will do as POTUS, and what a conservative would do.

Return to “POLITICS”