Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:06 am
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:36 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:33 am
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:25 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:13 am
6ftstick wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:07 am Whoopsie

https://www.newsweek.com/81-black-ameri ... mJNd1l5eVY

A majority of Black Americans have said they want police presence in their area to either remain the same or increase, despite recent protests over police brutality, according to new polls.

A Gallup poll conducted from June 23 to July 6 surveying more than 36,000 U.S. adults found that 61 percent of Black Americans said they'd like police to spend the same amount of time in their community, while 20 percent answered they'd like to see more police, totaling 81 percent. Just 19 percent of those polled said they wanted police to spend less time in their area.
Have you polled your black friends yet?
Why would 6 need to do that; only the libs here claim to speak for blacks. I'd ask you if you have polled your black friends, but generally libs have no black friends to begin with and further don't care what they say anyway, so there's no point asking.

Next.
Because the libs are wrong? Have you polled all of yours?

I have so many questions. Let the board know how many black employees you've mentored in your life, TLD. We'd be fascinated to hear. How many black people do you count as actual friends? How many have you had to your house? How many work with you? Please, waiting with bated breath!
:lol: :lol: :lol: You are a hoot! You really have no idea how dumb this question is. :lol: :lol:
Old Bandito is classic.....another kid I helped get into my alma mater is working for a real estate investment firm in Boston. He interned at in Investment Bank last year. I told him last week when the time is right, I will introduce him to a friend that runs a Global real estate investment firm. But Pete and other people help by taking laundry to a Chinese dry cleaner and buying tacos from a Mexican Food truck because “they do a good job”...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:45 am

A majority of Black Americans have said they want police presence in their area to either remain the same or increase, despite recent protests over police brutality, according to new polls.

A Gallup poll conducted from June 23 to July 6 surveying more than 36,000 U.S. adults found that 61 percent of Black Americans said they'd like police to spend the same amount of time in their community, while 20 percent answered they'd like to see more police, totaling 81 percent. Just 19 percent of those polled said they wanted police to spend less time in their area.
Why would 6 need to do that; only the libs here claim to speak for blacks. I'd ask you if you have polled your black friends, but generally libs have no black friends to begin with and further don't care what they say anyway, so there's no point asking.

Next.

I have so many questions. Let the board know how many black employees you've mentored in your life, TLD. We'd be fascinated to hear. How many black people do you count as actual friends? How many have you had to your house? How many work with you? Please, waiting with bated breath!
Well one just went to Booz Allen in DC.....I found out last month. He will do IT Consulting...he has TS clearance....another mentee was recently part of a team lift to PE lending shop. He was promoted to MD. I am on his reference list. He worked for me years ago. He’s done well....I have a long list. One, female, ran digital marketing for Miller Coors and went to a start up to get some upside in Chicago...

What have you done personally?

I lived in a tiny apartment with three black roommates for two years from the age of 25-27; have hired hundreds of POC; employ hundreds today; had Thanksgiving last year and past years with a mixed race couple, best friends. I actually have to think about it, since I don't 'see' it, like I gather libs do.

Must be a racist I guess.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Next.

:lol: :lol: :lol: You are a hoot! You really have no idea how dumb this question is. :lol: :lol:

I wonder if I'm as dumb as someone who says 'you have no idea how dumb this question is' when I actually posed several questionS.

Hopefully not that dumb!

:lol:
Typical Lax Dad

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:29 pm

Next.

Well one just went to Booz Allen in DC.....I found out last month. He will do IT Consulting...he has TS clearance....another mentee was recently part of a team lift to PE lending shop. He was promoted to MD. I am on his reference list. He worked for me years ago. He’s done well....I have a long list. One, female, ran digital marketing for Miller Coors and went to a start up to get some upside in Chicago...

I lived in a tiny apartment with three black roommates for two years from the age of 25-27; have hired hundreds of POC; employ hundreds today; had Thanksgiving last year and past years with a mixed race couple, best friends. I actually have to think about it, since I don't 'see' it, like I gather libs do.

Have you polled them?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:33 am

Next.

Old Bandito is classic.....another kid I helped get into my alma mater is working for a real estate investment firm in Boston. He interned at in Investment Bank last year. I told him last week when the time is right, I will introduce him to a friend that runs a Global real estate investment firm. But Pete and other people help by taking laundry to a Chinese dry cleaner and buying tacos from a Mexican Food truck because “they do a good job”...

It's fascinating how extravagant Petey/Bandito's claims are getting, yet he remains so totally clueless. Ignorance must be bliss.

I'm getting pretty exhausted by how much idiocy gets spewed by a couple of posters.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:34 pm

Next.

Have you polled them?

It's a weird thing TLD, when you respect someone, you actually let them lead their lives undisturbed by nannyistic intrusive arrogance. That comes as as a shock to a lib, but it helps with interpersonal skills. Try it someday!!
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:30 pm

Next.

I wonder if I'm as dumb as someone who says 'you have no idea how dumb this question is' when I actually posed several questionS.

Hopefully not that dumb!

:lol:
Actually, it is truly the dumbest question, or set of questions, you could have asked of TLD.
Take a hint.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:36 pm

Next.

It's fascinating how extravagant Petey/Bandito's claims are getting, yet he remains so totally clueless. Ignorance must be bliss.

I'm getting pretty exhausted by how much idiocy gets spewed by a couple of posters.

One of the more humorous ironies here, MD, is how consistently useless your posts are. I applaud the effort if not the amazing lack of awareness.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:39 pm

Next.

One of the more humorous ironies here, MD, is how consistently useless your posts are. I applaud the effort if not the amazing lack of awareness.
Take a hint, Petey/Bandito.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:40 pm

Next.

Then tell him why...or is it cooler to be in your small social circle.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:37 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:34 pm

Next.

Have you polled them?

It's a weird thing TLD, when you respect someone, you actually let them lead their lives undisturbed by nannyistic intrusive arrogance. That comes as as a shock to a lib, but it helps with interpersonal skills. Try it someday!!
I just asked if you polled your black friends to compare it to what you linked. You may have found the same relative percentage. “They” all don’t think alike, as you know. I often ask friends what they think. It’s a good way to learn.
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:42 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:40 pm

Next.

Then tell him why...or is it cooler to be in your small social circle.
Still waiting on your answer about the Gilman / Bryn Mawr kids excelling in comparison to the Dundalk kids.... I am amazed at how well they are doing. Way above the Dundalk kids....
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:06 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:11 pm I am looking outside my window now. It’s nice.

https://www.brookings.edu/articles/blac ... to-go/amp/

Stop watching TV and go meet some people.

“Progress is the largely suppressed story of race and race relations over the past half-century. And thus it’s news that more than 40 percent of African Americans now consider themselves members of the middle class. Forty-two percent own their own homes, a figure that rises to 75 percent if we look just at black married couples. Black two-parent families earn only 13 percent less than those who are white. Almost a third of the black population lives in suburbia.”
Love reading articles form Brookings, Cato, and Carnegie....thanks for that. This part of the article is what really gets the heart of the issue.

The Widening Skills Gap

Why is there such a glaring racial gap in levels of educational attainment? It is not easy to say. The gap, in itself, is very bad news, but even more alarming is the fact that it has been widening in recent years. In 1971, the average African-American 17-year-old could read no better than the typical white child who was six years younger. The racial gap in math in 1973 was 4.3 years; in science it was 4.7 years in 1970. By the late 1980s, however, the picture was notably brighter. Black students in their final year of high school were only 2.5 years behind whites in both reading and math and 2.1 years behind on tests of writing skills.

Had the trends of those years continued, by today black pupils would be performing about as well as their white classmates. Instead, black progress came to a halt, and serious backsliding began. Between 1988 and 1994, the racial gap in reading grew from 2.5 to 3.9 years; between 1990 and 1994, the racial gap in math increased from 2.5 to 3.4 years. In both science and writing, the racial gap has widened by a full year.

There is no obvious explanation for this alarming turnaround.

He then goes on to dissuade us from believing family life matters with a short argument....

The huge rise in out-of-wedlock births and the steep and steady decline in the proportion of black children growing up with two parents do not explain the fluctuating educational performance of African-American children. It is well established that children raised in single-parent families do less well in school than others, even when all other variables, including income, are controlled. But the disintegration of the black nuclear family—presciently noted by Daniel Patrick Moynihan as early as 1965—was occurring rapidly in the period in which black scores were rising, so it cannot be invoked as the main explanation as to why scores began to fall many years later

So what is the fix? Or is it the way stats are being measured? Maybe we really do not have an issue, per say, but we need the issue for God knows what reason. As noted earlier. In Howard County, it has shown the Black enrollment in AP courses has shown no decline test scores, rather an increase above state standards.
Crack cocaine and a proliferation of illegal weapons. You should look into the impact of those two factors. My guess is that it’s impacted two generations. It’s a factor that I would guess is not helpful. We may see the same thing with opioid kids in the near future.

http://www.drugaffectedchildren.com/the ... ldren.html
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Next.

I lived in a tiny apartment with three black roommates for two years from the age of 25-27;have hired hundreds of POC; employ hundreds today; had Thanksgiving last year and past years with a mixed race couple, best friends. I actually have to think about it, since I don't 'see' it, like I gather libs do.

This guy thinks we're all as dumb as he. Coming here and bragging about hiring a certain group of people, while at the same time having stereotyped the obese, unattractive women, men with facial hair, and anyone who doesn't have the precise political and social opinions as he. This guy is as superficial as they come. What a clod.
DocBarrister

Today’s Racist Republican Party

Post by DocBarrister »

Just an example of a Republican elected official in Michigan.

A local road commission meeting in northern Michigan on Monday started with one commissioner asking another why he wasn’t wearing a mask amid the coronavirus pandemic.

The unmasked official responded with a racist slur and an angry rant against the Black Lives Matter movement.

“Well, this whole thing is because of them n-----s in Detroit,” Tom Eckerle, who was elected to his position on the Leelanau County Road Commission in 2018, told his colleague at the start of the public meeting.

... The racist remark spurred widespread condemnation of Eckerle, who is a Republican, and calls to resign from party officials. Despite the backlash, Eckerle doubled down on his comments Thursday, defending his position and using the slur repeatedly in an interview with the local public radio station.

“I don’t regret calling it a n----r,” Eckerle told Interlochen Public Radio. “A n----r is a n----r is a n----r. That’s not a person whatsoever.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... Fstory-ans

There is discussion of a potential recall petition and election.

Truth be told, I’m not sure a recall effort would be successful against Eckerle ... after all, he is representative of Trump’s Republican Party ... racists are no longer ashamed of expressing their racism, as we have seen on our own little forum.

DocBarrister :|
@DocBarrister
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Today’s Racist Republican Party

DocBarrister wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:42 pm Just an example of a Republican elected official in Michigan.

A local road commission meeting in northern Michigan on Monday started with one commissioner asking another why he wasn’t wearing a mask amid the coronavirus pandemic.

The unmasked official responded with a racist slur and an angry rant against the Black Lives Matter movement.

“Well, this whole thing is because of them n-----s in Detroit,” Tom Eckerle, who was elected to his position on the Leelanau County Road Commission in 2018, told his colleague at the start of the public meeting.

... The racist remark spurred widespread condemnation of Eckerle, who is a Republican, and calls to resign from party officials. Despite the backlash, Eckerle doubled down on his comments Thursday, defending his position and using the slur repeatedly in an interview with the local public radio station.

“I don’t regret calling it a n----r,” Eckerle told Interlochen Public Radio. “A n----r is a n----r is a n----r. That’s not a person whatsoever.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... Fstory-ans

There is discussion of a potential recall petition and election.

Truth be told, I’m not sure a recall effort would be successful against Eckerle ... after all, he is representative of Trump’s Republican Party ... racists are no longer ashamed of expressing their racism, as we have seen on our own little forum.

DocBarrister :|
Trump - Pence 2020

MAGA
Typical Lax Dad

CU88

Post by CU88 »

r's are at it again:

“Well, this whole thing is because of them niggers in Detroit,” Tom Eckerle

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... tinuing-to

“I don’t regret calling it a nigger,” Eckerle told Interlochen Public Radio. “A nigger is a nigger is a nigger. That’s not a person whatsoever.”

https://www.interlochenpublicradio.org/ ... repeatedly
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Top to bottom, every one of them needs to be voted out ...

Return to “POLITICS”