2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Peter Brown

Re: 2020 Elections - Enough Divisiveness Already

Post by Peter Brown »

njbill wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:03 am
6ftstick wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:50 am Of course they're nervous.

Why do you think they're insisting on mail in ballots.

Why are teachers trying to keep schools closed.

Why won't Joe Biden come out of his basement.

Why is the MSM sh*tting all over debates now.
I think you know the answers to these questions, but I will play.

So that voters will be able to vote without endangering their health at polling places.

So that they don’t get infected from the kids they teach.

Because the strategy is working swimmingly. Maybe Trump should take a page out of Joe’s book and shut up.

Don’t know what you are talking about on the last one unless you’re referring to Trump’s proposal that there be 7 or 10 or 15 debates starting next week.

The rules have been set for the debates. Biden is fine with them. The media is fine with them. The only one who isn’t is Trump because he is losing so badly.

Voting by mail allows Dems to harvest ballots days after an election, especially as how a federal court recently allowed post-dated ballots to be counted. A dream scenario for Democrats will be where there are no voting rules (illegals, post-dated ballots, unsupervised counting), and we are getting here quickly owing to their demands. Of course, be careful what you wish for is my word of warning.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:12 am An explanation for why Biden leads in some polls

A new poll commissioned by the libertarian Cato Institute and released on Wednesday suggests that nearly two-thirds of Americans are afraid to share their political views.

According to the poll, 62% of Americans — and 77% of Republicans — are afraid to share their views.
Why would any be afraid to state their positions anonymously....makes no sense?

I do wonder how many Rs are now former Rs....
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

foreverlax wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:26 am
6ftstick wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:12 am An explanation for why Biden leads in some polls

A new poll commissioned by the libertarian Cato Institute and released on Wednesday suggests that nearly two-thirds of Americans are afraid to share their political views.

According to the poll, 62% of Americans — and 77% of Republicans — are afraid to share their views.

Nothing is anonymous any longer.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Why? Are you serious?

Because most pollsters for starters are left-leaning. And if you have learned anything over the past decade, the Left wants to cancel their opposition and will stop at nothing doing so. Do you think it is beyond the realm of imagination for some left birdbrain pollster to release on a Google doc the names and numbers of those who replied they are 'for Trump' to some left journo, and then have those names blasted out to the universe? I sure can.

Joaquin Castro revealed a list of Trump donors on Twitter so they could be harassed. And that's a sitting congressman, not some $12/hour data nerd crunching numbers for a polling company.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

We see it all the time on these boards- When people are doxxed, harassed, immediately categorized and labeled as murderers, uneducated, deplorable, dumb azzes, un-sympathetic, fascist, racist, etc. for supporting Trump, people are shocked polls are inaccurate? It certainly occurred in 2016 polls. It will continue in 2020.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:33 am

Why? Are you serious? Because it's sooo obvious...

Because most pollsters for starters are left-leaning. And if you have learned anything over the past decade, the Left wants to cancel their opposition and will stop at nothing doing so. Do you think it is beyond the realm of imagination for some left birdbrain pollster to release on a Google doc the names and numbers of those who replied they are 'for Trump' to some left journo, and then have those names blasted out to the universe? I sure can. How would they have that information?

Joaquin Castro revealed a list of Trump donors on Twitter so they could be harassed. And that's a sitting congressman, not some $12/hour data nerd crunching numbers for a polling company. Those are facts that are listed by FERC reporting, no?
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:35 am

We see it all the time on these boards- When people are doxxed, harassed, immediately categorized and labeled as murderers, uneducated, deplorable, dumb azzes, un-sympathetic, fascist, racist, etc. for supporting Trump, people are shocked polls are inaccurate? It certainly occurred in 2016 polls. It will continue in 2020.
Who give an f what people on boards think....they are anonymous.

Little Petey Brown says these things in every post, every day...does anyone really care what he has to say?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

foreverlax wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:39 am

Little Petey Brown says these things in every post, every day...does anyone really care what he has to say?
Afraid youth is correct. Nothing is anonymous.
Big Data is real. How did those surveyors get the phone numbers? They bought a list...
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

foreverlax wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:39 am

I guess you do since you just responded to my post and asked me more questions. In the event, your question is too obtuse to answer in full since apparently you think that pollsters don't keep the phone numbers of those people they call....
a fan

Post by a fan »

foreverlax wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:26 am According to the poll, 62% of Americans — and 77% of Republicans — are afraid to share their views.
So you're using a poll to show us that polling is wildly inaccurate? ;)
Last edited by a fan on Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
njbill

Post by njbill »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:35 am people are shocked polls are inaccurate? It certainly occurred in 2016 polls.
No it didn’t. In 2016 the large majority of national polls were within the margin of error. Some state polls were off, but if your theory were correct, you would expect national polls to have been wrong as well. They weren’t.

Perhaps some state polls were wrong because they failed to spend enough time to reach a true, representative sampling of the voters, but that is entirely different from people lying to pollsters.
njbill

Post by njbill »

a fan wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:59 am
foreverlax wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:26 am According to the poll, 62% of Americans — and 77% of Republicans — are afraid to share their views.
So you're using a poll to show us that polling is wilding inaccurate? ;)
:lol:
a fan

Post by a fan »

njbill wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:59 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:35 am people are shocked polls are inaccurate? It certainly occurred in 2016 polls.
No it didn’t. In 2016 the large majority of national polls were within the margin of error. Some state polls were off, but if your theory were correct, you would expect national polls to have been wrong as well. They weren’t.
I don't remember a single poll that said Trump's chance in a State polled was 0%.

The polling wasn't wrong, despite the nonstop blathering about polling from Foxnation.

If you draw an inside straight, does that means the odds were wrong? FoxNation thinks so. I'm starting to understand who my brother keeps fleecing at the poker table. (kidding)
njbill

Post by njbill »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:33 am

Why? Are you serious?

Because most pollsters for starters are left-leaning. And if you have learned anything over the past decade, the Left wants to cancel their opposition and will stop at nothing doing so. Do you think it is beyond the realm of imagination for some left birdbrain pollster to release on a Google doc the names and numbers of those who replied they are 'for Trump' to some left journo, and then have those names blasted out to the universe? I sure can.

Joaquin Castro revealed a list of Trump donors on Twitter so they could be harassed. And that's a sitting congressman, not some $12/hour data nerd crunching numbers for a polling company.
Then why do people put Trump signs on their lawns, Trump bumper stickers on their cars, wear Trump hats, and fly Trump flags?
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

a fan wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:59 am
So you're using a poll to show us that polling is wildly inaccurate? ;)
Not me... ;)
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:02 pm
I don't remember a single poll that said Trump's chance in a State polled was 0%.

The polling wasn't wrong, despite the nonstop blathering about polling from Foxnation.

If you draw an inside straight, does that means the odds were wrong? FoxNation thinks so. I'm starting to understand who my brother keeps fleecing at the poker table. (kidding)

Your blathering is as bad as those who say the polls were 'wrong' because you're conflating odds with polls.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... hing-zero/

Donald Trump's chances of winning are approaching zero ...

Want more of the same?

https://www.americaninno.com/chicago/do ... cientists/

Hillary Clinton will be the next president of the United States. At least according to a predictive forecasting model by a team of computer science students at the University of Illinois. Election Analytics, a student-run STEM lab that uses polling data and sophisticated algorithms to predict presidential races, has Clinton’s chances of winning at 100%. Clinton hit the 100% mark last night when her odds were increased from 99.98%. It’s the first time during the election that Election Analytics has put Donald Trump’s chances of winning at 0%.

I can post thousands of these if you want.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:02 pm

Your blathering is as bad as those who say the polls were 'wrong' because you're conflating odds with polls.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... hing-zero/

Donald Trump's chances of winning are approaching zero ...

Want more of the same?

https://www.americaninno.com/chicago/do ... cientists/

Hillary Clinton will be the next president of the United States. At least according to a predictive forecasting model by a team of computer science students at the University of Illinois. Election Analytics, a student-run STEM lab that uses polling data and sophisticated algorithms to predict presidential races, has Clinton’s chances of winning at 100%. Clinton hit the 100% mark last night when her odds were increased from 99.98%. It’s the first time during the election that Election Analytics has put Donald Trump’s chances of winning at 0%.

I can post thousands of these if you want.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Two were two too many.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:07 pm Donald Trump's chances of winning are approaching zero ...
Is "approaching zero" the same thing as zero, Pete?

So far, you've given me a student-run outfit. Got any pros saying Trump has zero chance of winning?

I don't remember seeing any.

You can say Trump's win was very unexpected, and be correct.

You can say that Trump's win was highly improbable, and be correct.

Return to “POLITICS”