Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Racism in America is such a tiny problem. People think it’s larger because one party, the Democrats, need racism to keep themselves in power. Over 10% of all marriages in America today are interracial. Don’t listen to these dummies; they’ll rot your brain.

Want to know what so much of the rioting and anarchy is? How about these Marxist loons burning a stack of bibles?

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/12 ... 85088?s=21

Democrats burn bibles and books, a 2 for 1 specialty of theirs.

They hate America folks. They hate you. They hate families.

Do not support these losers.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

NBA player has to justify standing for the Anthem...

:roll:

PLL fans discussing Notre Dame’s LSM Garrett Epple getting suspended for a game for unsportsmanlike conduct.

But there’s also been some complaints and backlash on social Media that his BLM patch (present on his roster photo) was removed from his jersey during game play.

Woke crowd is not happy. Speculation is that Rabil will make him “wear the ribbon.”

During this stint, Epple has closed his personal social media accounts.

Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:38 am NBA player has to justify standing for the Anthem...

:roll:

PLL fans discussing Notre Dame’s LSM Garrett Epple getting suspended for a game for unsportsmanlike conduct.

But there’s also been some complaints and backlash on social Media that his BLM patch (present on his roster photo) was removed from his jersey during game play.

Woke crowd is not happy. Speculation is that Rabil will make him “wear the ribbon.”

During this stint, Epple has closed his personal social media accounts.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:30 am Racism in America is such a tiny problem. People think it’s larger because one party, the Democrats, need racism to keep themselves in power. Over 10% of all marriages in America today are interracial. Don’t listen to these dummies; they’ll rot your brain.

Want to know what so much of the rioting and anarchy is? How about these Marxist loons burning a stack of bibles?

:lol: Not surprising you want to sell racism as a small problem there cracker. Its a huge problem in the republican party of Trump. 60+% of the populace thinks so.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

tech37 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:53 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:45 pm
tech37 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:59 pm If Biden wins? What the heck does Joe Biden have to do with cultural issues? Seriously? Biden winning puts power and control one step closer to the far left idiocy you referred to and that the Dems have been toying with. Depending on whom he chooses for VP certainly effects that. Picking Rice would be a much better hedge against the far left gaining more power than someone like Bass.
We're talking about Joe Biden, right? :lol:

Dude, "the lefties are coming" canard sailed over the horizon when America said no to Bernie. Now why do you suppose that happened?

Because America, and Dems in particular, don't want to go left. They want status quo with tiny changes, for good or ill.

And that''s PRECISELY what Biden is going to give Americans, if he manages to win the election. You can relax.
Your opinion. If someone like Bass becomes VP (de facto POTUS), you watch what happens. BTW, there is no relaxing in 2020.
… and what exactly is the problem with Bass? Oh never mind, I forgot, she is black. :roll:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
njbill

Post by njbill »

old salt wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:12 am If Biden wins, the (D)'s win the Senate & abolish the filibuster, we'll see New Deal/Great Society magnitude change.
AOC & her Squad will be in the vanguard of that change.
I’m not so sure. First of all, Biden, himself is a moderate Democrat by nature. Yes, the left wing of his party will try to pull him to the left. And they might have some successes on some issues. But I don’t think they will prevail across-the-board.

Perhaps more importantly, even if the Democrats do take back the Senate, their hold will be razor thin at best (may end up 50-50). There are a few conservative Democratic senators (e.g., Manchin and Sinema) who may object to some of the extreme proposals. Add Doug Jones to that list if he were somehow able to win reelection (although I think that is unlikely). Maybe also add some potentially newly elected senators from red or swing states.

I am somewhat skeptical that the Democrats will be able to do away with the filibuster, although Obama’s statement the other day suggests I may be wrong about that. It’s a big move and there might be enough votes to block it (it won’t take many).

On the other hand, the filibuster is anachronistic in many ways, even anti-democratic. It clearly has prevented Congress from getting things done at times. Depending on whose ox is being gored, one might like that or not.

I think Biden will be highly motivated to get things done. He knows the Senate very well and, I suspect, understands that he will need to compromise. I think he will do that. Plus, he is going to have to devote a lot of time and energy to undoing a lot of the things Trump has done: Paris Climate Accord, DACA, Obamacare, etc. And, of course, job number one will be to address the coronavirus issues: health and safety and economy.

So, bottom line, I’m not sure that the “radical” agenda Republicans fear will actually come to pass if Biden is elected and the Democrats take control of the Senate though I suppose your definition of “radical” may differ from mine.

I think the mood of the country favors normalcy and calm, not necessarily a left-wing agenda.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:57 am
Peter Brown wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:30 am Racism in America is such a tiny problem. People think it’s larger because one party, the Democrats, need racism to keep themselves in power. Over 10% of all marriages in America today are interracial. Don’t listen to these dummies; they’ll rot your brain.

:lol: Not surprising you want to sell racism as a small problem there cracker. Its a huge problem in the republican party of Trump. 60+% of the populace thinks so.

It’s a problem only to guys like you, mostly that it’s not a problem.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:00 am
tech37 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:59 pm If Biden wins? What the heck does Joe Biden have to do with cultural issues? Seriously? Biden winning puts power and control one step closer to the far left idiocy you referred to and that the Dems have been toying with. Depending on whom he chooses for VP certainly effects that. Picking Rice would be a much better hedge against the far left gaining more power than someone like Bass.

Dude, "the lefties are coming" canard sailed over the horizon when America said no to Bernie. Now why do you suppose that happened?

Because America, and Dems in particular, don't want to go left. They want status quo with tiny changes, for good or ill.

And that''s PRECISELY what Biden is going to give Americans, if he manages to win the election. You can relax.
Your opinion. If someone like Bass becomes VP (de facto POTUS), you watch what happens. BTW, there is no relaxing in 2020.
… and what exactly is the problem with Bass? Oh never mind, I forgot, she is black. :roll:

Very racist statement of yours.

People dislike Bass because she’s a communist sympathizer. Only libs see skin color (well, they fake-see skin color as we know ultimately they really don’t care about their purported morals):

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... de/614662/
tech37

Post by tech37 »

That is a bald-faced lie...no surprise. I mentioned Rice and Harris more than once, as better optional choices IMO. Last I knew, they are black.
Typical Lax Dad

The United States of America July 2020

FOUR MORE YEARS!!! FOUR MORE YEARS!!!

MAGA

Trump-Pence 2020

👍
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:12 am McConnell's in the job because he can hold his caucus in line. No way Romney can do that.
So you think that there won't be punishment within the R party if the choice to go all in on Trumpism costs the Party the White House, and the Senate?

If they lose both the WHouse and the Senate, as you are thinking? Picture a astronaut on a spacewalk, tethered to the Space Shuttle. Now the astronaut cuts the line, and goes tumbling off into space.

That's what's coming if they lose the entire government to the Dems. The entire party will be gutted, and new leadership will be found. Add in the demographic changes----Texas going Dem, etc.------over the coming years? The Republicans did this to themselves.

But how about we wait until November before making your doomsday prophecies.
old salt wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:12 am If Biden wins, the (D)'s win the Senate & abolish the filibuster, we'll see New Deal/Great Society magnitude change.
:lol: What are they going to do? OutSpend Trump's $7 Trillion in new spending in just 4 years (and counting)? Hand out money to farmers for no reason? Start protectionist Trade Wars with no actual goal in mind? Pull troops out of overseas bases? Shut down Afghanistan? Explode the deficit?

Trump already did all these things, OS. And Republicans cheered.

The one thing I will say-----I'm going to get a kick out of you, YA, 6ftstick and others, trying to invent things to complain about if the Dems do make a sweep.

It's going to be next to impossible to come up with complaints that you didn't cheer, or worse, ignore, when Trump did it.

But I'm sure you're all up to the task, and will fall all over yourselves, desperate to tell us how "this handout is different than the ones Trump gave out".

:lol:
old salt

Post by old salt »

njbill wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:03 am
I’m not so sure. First of all, Biden, himself is a moderate Democrat by nature. Yes, the left wing of his party will try to pull him to the left. And they might have some successes on some issues. But I don’t think they will prevail across-the-board.

I think Biden will be highly motivated to get things done. He knows the Senate very well and, I suspect, understands that he will need to compromise. I think he will do that. Plus, he is going to have to devote a lot of time and energy to undoing a lot of the things Trump has done: Paris Climate Accord, DACA, Obamacare, etc. And, of course, job number one will be to address the coronavirus issues: health and safety and economy.

So, bottom line, I’m not sure that the “radical” agenda Republicans fear will actually come to pass if Biden is elected and the Democrats take control of the Senate though I suppose your definition of “radical” may differ from mine.

I think the mood of the country favors normalcy and calm, not necessarily a left-wing agenda.
Nancy Pelosi will be a major obstacle to Biden doing moderate compromise deals.
Pelosi + AOC & her Squad will run roughshod over Uncle Joe & any moderate (D)'s who stick their head up.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:17 pm
njbill wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:03 am

Nancy Pelosi will be a major obstacle to Biden doing moderate compromise deals.
Pelosi + AOC & her Squad will run roughshod over Uncle Joe & any moderate (D)'s who stick their head up.
I guess you have not been paying attention - AOC and her partners have gotten NOWHERE with Dem leadership (Pelosi, Hoyer & Clyburn) since the Dems have been in the majority - In order to maintain control in the House leadership needs to protect the middle moderates who made tier majority and who will insure it remains intact. The people you want to make hay over will have no more real clout than they have now (which isn't much) after the election.

Leadership knows what happened to them after 2008 and not likely to make the same mistake again. Biden is not a radical.

You sound more like DOPUS every day around here.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:12 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:12 am McConnell's in the job because he can hold his caucus in line. No way Romney can do that.
So you think that there won't be punishment within the R party if the choice to go all in on Trumpism costs the Party the White House, and the Senate?

If they lose both the WHouse and the Senate, as you are thinking? Picture a astronaut on a spacewalk, tethered to the Space Shuttle. Now the astronaut cuts the line, and goes tumbling off into space.

That's what's coming if they lose the entire government to the Dems. The entire party will be gutted, and new leadership will be found. Add in the demographic changes----Texas going Dem, etc.------over the coming years? The Republicans did this to themselves.

:lol: What are they going to do? OutSpend Trump's $7 Trillion in new spending in just 4 years (and counting)? Hand out money to farmers for no reason? Start protectionist Trade Wars with no actual goal in mind? Pull troops out of overseas bases? Shut down Afghanistan? Explode the deficit?

The one thing I will say-----I'm going to get a kick out of you, YA, 6ftstick and others, trying to invent things to complain about if the Dems do make a sweep.

It's going to be next to impossible to come up with complaints that you didn't cheer, or worse, ignore, when Trump did it.

But I'm sure you're all up to the task, and will fall all over yourselves, desperate to tell us how "this handout is different than the ones Trump gave out".

You made me think of one of the greatest sequences in motion picture history:

I took my daughter to see this film. May have been the last time we went to a movie theater together now that I think about it.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:12 pm

Romney won't be the new leader.

Green New Deal, Paris Accords, JCPOA, Open Borders, kill the US Energy industry with Solyndra-like green crony boondoggles, get back in bed with China.

a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:17 pm Nancy Pelosi will be a major obstacle to Biden doing moderate compromise deals.

Who do you think was in charge of the House during Obama's first two years when Dems had full control, OS?

So we've already seen this movie. Dems had control for two years, with Pelosi running the House.

So let's list all the radical lefty stuff----or as you put it, Great Society type laws-------we got from 09-11?

...........ok, my list is done. Nothing radical lefty was signed into law from 09-11.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:51 am

Very racist statement of yours.

People dislike Bass because she’s a communist sympathizer. Only libs see skin color (well, they fake-see skin color as we know ultimately they really don’t care about their purported morals):

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... de/614662/
Just a friendly periodic reminder that Peter Brown supports the re-legalization of racial segregation.

Thank you. Carry on.

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:34 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:17 pm Nancy Pelosi will be a major obstacle to Biden doing moderate compromise deals.

Who do you think was in charge of the House during Obama's first two years when Dems had full control, OS?

So we've already seen this movie. Dems had control for two years, with Pelosi running the House.

So let's list all the radical lefty stuff----or as you put it, Great Society type laws-------we got from 09-11?

...........ok, my list is done. Nothing radical lefty was signed into law from 09-11.
McConnell still had the filibuster. They had to use reconciliation to cram through Obamacare.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:48 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:34 pm

McConnell still had the filibuster. They had to use reconciliation to cram through Obamacare.
Wrong again - they did not use reconciliation to pass the ACA. Senate had a supermajority of Democrats (60) for parts of the process and they passed the version that became law- there were other complications but not the ones you might think - The House ended up voting on the previous Senate version of the bill as the supermajority evaporated when Scott Brown defeated Martha Coakley in MA special election to fill Kennedy's seat.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/physicians ... 26f3e6526b

It would greatly help your cause if you refrained from making stuff up. :oops: :oops: :P

Return to “POLITICS”