2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: 2020 Elections - Enough Divisiveness Already

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:35 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:31 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:16 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:41 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:44 pm
CU77 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:05 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:26 pm The concentration of poverty is only a symptom. The cure is that teaspoon full of cod liver oil that no one wants to swallow.
Which is what exactly? Euthanize them? Build a wall around them?

Spell it out for me. I'm slow.
I will spell just for you... extra slowly.... E...D...U...C...A...T...I...O...N The FLP solution you folks have been proposing for 60 years now is pretty damn close to what I consider "euthanizing them" If you dumb em down enough, which you FLP folks have done a great job of, the people you care so much about will be too uneducated to ever understand what you and your peeps have done to them... GOOD JOB!
YOU HAVE NO SOLUTION. JUST LIKE YA HAS NO SOLUTION.

Right wing blowhards like you just blow hard! :roll:

You guys constantly cry about how the family has broken up BUT NEVER EVER PROPOSE A WORKABLE SOLUTION!!

So we are all here now - asking for your wisdom -- please tell us how you are going to solve this problem?
Yup.....you are indeed in need of that ginko biloba and Bacopa Monnieri like we chatted about earlier. I even started a thread about education. What we should say is just follow the JHU path...you are successful right? The goal...stop making poor kids believe college is the answer, because they intuitively know they do not have the finances to pay for college, envy those who do, and their parents are often so busy and not as educated to realize they have choices.....the result, they check out and go the easy route.

Share your story jhu, I bet it is inspirational, educational, and filled w/family experiences. And it is really that simple.
SO WHAT IS YOUR SOLUTION? HERE IS YOUR OPPORTUNITY! You +1 the guy with no solution, SO WHAT IS YOURS?
jhu72's & MDLF76"s city tried this a while back. It wasn't very well received.

https://www.edweek.org/ew/articles/1992 ... r.h12.html
Yup, bad idea as a coercive action.
But it did appeal to the racists, so there's that...

I've presented a whole set of policy actions that if collectively implemented would dramatically change the trajectories of many millions of lives, reduce violence, and release tremendous human potential for decades and generations to come.

And, fundamentally, they should appeal, in different ways, to both conservatives and liberals of good will.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:42 pm I am still waiting for a solution from the right side of the house?? Anybody gonna answer?

How are you going to solve the problem of households with single parent??

Capitalism: Good attitude. Punctuality. Speak properly. Humility. Curiosity. Empathy. Ambition. Listen. Do anything.

And it never hurts to like dogs: liking dogs is a sign of a genuinely kind human being.

How’s that? Probably too complicated for a lib, but it’s an age-old formula for success.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:53 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:26 pm The concentration of poverty is only a symptom. The cure is that teaspoon full of cod liver oil that no one wants to swallow.

I will spell just for you... extra slowly.... E...D...U...C...A...T...I...O...N The FLP solution you folks have been proposing for 60 years now is pretty damn close to what I consider "euthanizing them" If you dumb em down enough, which you FLP folks have done a great job of, the people you care so much about will be too uneducated to ever understand what you and your peeps have done to them... GOOD JOB!

You guys constantly cry about how the family has broken up BUT NEVER EVER PROPOSE A WORKABLE SOLUTION!!

So we are all here now - asking for your wisdom -- please tell us how you are going to solve this problem?
Yup.....you are indeed in need of that ginko biloba and Bacopa Monnieri like we chatted about earlier. I even started a thread about education. What we should say is just follow the JHU path...you are successful right? The goal...stop making poor kids believe college is the answer, because they intuitively know they do not have the finances to pay for college, envy those who do, and their parents are often so busy and not as educated to realize they have choices.....the result, they check out and go the easy route.

Share your story jhu, I bet it is inspirational, educational, and filled w/family experiences. And it is really that simple.
SO WHAT IS YOUR SOLUTION? HERE IS YOUR OPPORTUNITY! You +1 the guy with no solution, SO WHAT IS YOURS?

I've presented a whole set of policy actions that if collectively implemented would dramatically change the trajectories of many millions of lives, reduce violence, and release tremendous human potential for decades and generations to come.

And, fundamentally, they should appeal, in different ways, to both conservatives and liberals of good will.
https://www.hhs.gov/ash/oah/adolescent- ... index.html
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:50 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:42 pm I am still waiting for a solution from the right side of the house?? Anybody gonna answer?

Free Tinder accounts? :lol:
All joking aside. It still boils down to education. Black Dad's MatterThere first step is to admit there is a problem, the stats clearly show there is one, and no not just with blacks. The next step is to identify how to teach, or re-teach moral and ethical relationships before the children hits 1st grade. Once they turn 5 most of their neurological connections have been established and by age 7-8 they are dang near locked in....Early Childhood Educators should be paid and respected twice to 3x what they are. And teach families to stop buying so much effing crap to overcompensate, that they both do not need to work.

The idea here is to make education the key, for the parent, child, and future family.

-Identify those that are single mom's or dad's early.
-Mandatory therapy and educational instruction for these families,...postnatal through enrollment to school.
-Create and implement mentor-ships for these families, post school enrollment.
-Have these mentors apprentice these young kids as part of the curriculum.
-Mentors rotate every year.
-Implement religious studies back in to school....focus on all religions and their moral and discipline.
-Bring back sports and clubs into middle schools.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
CU77

Post by CU77 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:43 pm Early Childhood Educators should be paid and respected twice to 3x what they are.
And you're going to vote for increased taxes to pay for this, right?
youthathletics wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:43 pm -Mandatory therapy and educational instruction for these families,...postnatal through enrollment to school.
Sounds awfully gubmint intrusive to me. Would you go happily to a gubmint-mandated therapist if the gubmint decided that YOUR family was subpar?

And if they don't go? Then what? What's the punishment? Jail? Fines? What???

It's harder than you think, ya, and it's costs a LOT to fix this. When you and your R pals are ready to pay higher taxes for it, give us a call.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

CU77 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:02 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:43 pm Early Childhood Educators should be paid and respected twice to 3x what they are.
youthathletics wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:43 pm -Mandatory therapy and educational instruction for these families,...postnatal through enrollment to school.
Sounds awfully gubmint intrusive to me. Would you go happily to a gubmint-mandated therapist if the gubmint decided that YOUR family was subpar?

It's harder than you think, ya, and it's costs a LOT to fix this. When you and your R pals are ready to pay higher taxes for it, give us a call.
I think YA's list is well intentioned and I'd embrace and join his support for (most) of those and related measures, for instance bringing arts back to schools as essential to education (not my personal set of talents, but creativity is super important to encourage). The coercive stuff not so much, but the opportunity support is very, very important.

But as 77 points out, this all costs serious dough, and we haven't begun to deal with crumbling physical infrastructure just in education.

And it's far, far from sufficient in terms of the ill effects of ghettoization of poverty...but it's directionally a plus, so I'd welcome that support.

As a conservative, I just want to see the dough (taxes) spent as holistically and effectively as possible, happy to dedicate far more to these issues in order to unleash human capital potential and create a more just society in the process. Plenty of ROI.

And it's much more than just education.

Care about dads? It's time to decriminalize drugs and break the economic back of the drug trade and to reverse the incarceration epidemic in this country. Too many dead or incarcerated dads, hugely costly in direct policing and incarceration costs and much worse in indirect costs.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:00 pm

Thanks.
I suspect very few of our fellow posters are aware of these trends.
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:30 pm

Thanks.
Whatever we have been doing seems to be working. There is always room for improvement but the trend line is good to see. Better education and opportunity will help to continue to push the numbers down even lower.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:39 pm

Thanks.
Whatever we have been doing seems to be working. There is always room for improvement but the trend line is good to see. Better education and opportunity will help to continue to push the numbers down even lower.
It's the sort of hoped for outcome for groups like where my wife has mentored elementary and middle school age girls for over 20 years and is now chair of, the Enterprise Women's Board, (Enterprise Foundation- Jim Rouse). They do all sorts of work opening the eyes to the opportunities of life beyond their neighborhoods and providing emotional support for these girls. Too many girls are lost to adverse outcomes, but undoubtedly many have improved trajectories.

My mom did similar mentoring of that age group of girls for many years.
sideshowbob

Post by sideshowbob »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:43 pm-Implement religious studies back in to school....focus on all religions and their moral and discipline.
Are you now expecting all State Certified teachers to be able to provide a precise, educated, and unbiased view of religion to all students K-12? All religions and philosophies, in depth and unbiased (“get right with god”)? Seriously? Not possible at that level, nor necessary. That isn’t the role of public education. Send your child to the private school of your choice that embraces your beliefs.

Please keep serious Theological studies to qualified students, your temple, congregation, mosque, etc., and out of public schools and politics.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Thanks.
Got a companion chart for numbers of abortions ? ...reverse mirror image ?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

CU77 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:02 pm

WRT pay - The comment was more to draw attention to the high importance of EC educators. Also, when both parents work and they drop little johnny off at the daycare, those people watching your child are crucial to your kids development, or lack thereof. Sadly, those daycare centers become a convenience for mom and dad. The cash for the teachers is more than likely already there. You know how the budgeting game. But sure, I would be all for chipping in some extra cash for that.

WRT therapy ed. inst. - Our school resources already have these people on the payroll. Guidance counselors, psychologists, and teachers with backgrounds. Ask you child if they have ever actually sat down with their guidance counselor....the answer is likely no but maybe 1 or 2x. Re-structure their job description to be extensions of their school family. Where they work with local business and health professionals.

This is not a new idea....places like Washington Jesuit AcademyI know the head master at this school and our company is engaged with them. There is no reason that this model can not be emulated into the public school system.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

sideshowbob wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:41 am
youthathletics wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:43 pm-Implement religious studies back in to school....focus on all religions and their moral and discipline.
Are you now expecting all State Certified teachers to be able to provide a precise, educated, and unbiased view of religion to all students K-12? All religions and philosophies, in depth and unbiased (“get right with god”)? Seriously? Not possible at that level, nor necessary. That isn’t the role of public education. Send your child to the private school of your choice that embraces your beliefs.

Please keep serious Theological studies to qualified students, your temple, congregation, mosque, etc., and out of public schools and politics.
Why do you feel it would be difficult to pull together an age appropriate religious studies/history track? I am not suggesting they bring bibles to school. It could be outside leadership, it could be a chance were a Pastor, Rabbi, Imam, etc all participate "together", and the children see them working together. More is caught, than taught.
~Livy

Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:12 am

Why do you feel it would be difficult to pull together an age appropriate religious studies/history track? I am not suggesting they bring bibles to school. It could be outside leadership, it could be a chance were a Pastor, Rabbi, Imam, etc all participate "together", and the children see them working together. More is caught, than taught.
How do you feel about busing programs? Seem like that would be more impactful....
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:12 am

Religious instruction in the public schools, even if generalized in the way you try to describe, is a bad idea, to say nothing of possibly unconstitutional. In what grades would it start? What religions would form the core of this instruction? What would you do with the inevitable parents who said, “sorry, not our kids”? Bad idea. And a bad idea for religion, every bit as much as anything else.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:59 am

Thanks.
Got a companion chart for numbers of abortions ? ...reverse mirror image ?
🤡

https://www.guttmacher.org/news-release ... s-continue

https://www.thoughtco.com/teen-pregnanc ... es-3534250
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

He// yeah, Mike!

https://twitter.com/cnn/status/1287799940668891137?s=21

"If you can't respect our national anthem, get the hell out of the country," Pro Football Hall of Fame coach Mike Ditka said about kneeling athletes.

Love it! He’s right as we know. Only Democrats enjoy seeing our flag get torched; in 2024, burning the American flag will be part of the Democratic platform.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:58 pm

Capitalism: Good attitude. Punctuality. Speak properly. Humility. Curiosity. Empathy. Ambition. Listen. Do anything.

And it never hurts to like dogs: liking dogs is a sign of a genuinely kind human being.

How’s that? Probably too complicated for a lib, but it’s an age-old formula for success.

:roll: speaking of unworkable solutions. Exactly how are you going to impart these characteristics to the segment of society that doesn't possess them. More right wing magical thinking sold as a solution.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:12 am
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:58 pm

:roll: speaking of unworkable solutions. Exactly how are you going to impart these characteristics to the segment of society that doesn't possess them. More right wing magical thinking sold as a solution.

You think black kids ‘don’t possess those characteristics’?

That sounds very racist of you.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

The President’s effort to delegitimize the election:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/31/us/p ... ay3zIQN7jH

“It is the kind of language resonant of conspiracy theorists, cranks and defeated candidates, not an incumbent living in the White House. Never before has a sitting president of the United States sought to undermine public faith in the election system the way Mr. Trump has. He has refused to commit to respecting the results and, even after his election-delay trial balloon was panned by Republican allies, he raised the specter on Thursday evening of months of lawsuits challenging the outcome.

Mr. Trump has put on the line not merely the outcome of this fall’s contest but the credibility of the system as a whole, according to even scholars and operatives normally sympathetic to the president. Just floating the possibility of postponing a presidential election, an idea anathema in America and reminiscent of authoritarian countries without the rule of law, risks eroding the most important ingredient in a democracy — the belief by most Americans that, whatever its manifest flaws, the election result will be fundamentally fair.

“It undermines the faith of the public in our electoral process,” said Jonathan Turley, a George Washington University law professor who testified on Mr. Trump’s side last year during the House impeachment hearings. “Any constitutional system is ultimately held together by a leap of faith. Citizens must trust the process if you want them to yield to it. What the president is doing is seeding distrust about the legitimacy of even the holding of the election.”

Michael J. Gerhardt, a constitutional scholar at the University of North Carolina who testified on the other side in those hearings, said Mr. Trump’s statements were part of a pattern of disdain for the norms that have defined the United States for generations.

“In the long term, I think there’s going to be a lot of institutional damage,” he said, “and the rule of law is going to be undermined to a very large extent.”

Even some of Mr. Trump’s own current and former advisers see his attacks on the election system as a reflection of fear that he may lose and as a transparent effort to create a narrative to explain that away. Sam Nunberg, an adviser on Mr. Trump’s 2016 campaign, said the president was “trying to get ahead of a potential loss” by blaming it on external factors like the coronavirus.

“What President Trump does not seem to understand is that unlike past experiences where he was able to frame a defeat as a win, there is no spin for losing a re-election as an incumbent president and taking down the Republican Party with him,” Mr. Nunberg said. “Despite what he may believe, even the overwhelming majority of the president’s supporters are not interested in this claptrap.”

He added: “Republican voters and conservative media will ultimately feel that if you cannot beat Joe Biden, you do not deserve another term.”

As recently as April, a Republican National Committee official said former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. was “off his rocker” to suggest that Mr. Trump might seek to “kick back the election somehow.” But in fact, Mr. Trump has a long history of sowing doubt in election results that do not go the way he wants them to go.

When he appeared to be losing to Hillary Clinton in 2016, he repeatedly suggested that the election was being rigged and would not commit to accepting the results — until he won, that is. And even after winning the Electoral College, he insisted that he had actually won the popular vote, too, because three million illegal immigrants had supposedly voted for Mrs. Clinton, a claim seemingly made up out of thin air and one for which his own commission found no evidence.”
Last edited by seacoaster on Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “POLITICS”