Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
seacoaster

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by seacoaster »

tech37 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:33 am
seacoaster wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:19 am Why not start a new thread of disparate videos of crimes being committed?
Why seacoaster? Seems relevant considering it's an example of racial policies run amok in NYC. No cops to be found, and if there was, what could they do?
I don't see how showing a fight/mugging in an bodega is "an example of racial policies" at all. This appears to be nothing more than a video of a criminal act. I get it: it involves black folks.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:20 pm
seacoaster wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:19 am Why not start a new thread of disparate videos of crimes being committed?
Why seacoaster? Seems relevant considering it's an example of racial policies run amok in NYC. No cops to be found, and if there was, what could they do?
I don't see how showing a fight/mugging in an bodega is "an example of racial policies" at all. This appears to be nothing more than a video of a criminal act. I get it: it involves black folks.
I see, just a coincidence... So you think this would inevitably happen, despite all of the anarchy that has ensued since Dem mayor's forgot about law and order and put all the onus on police? Wow...
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:55 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:22 am Just another night in NYC.

The good:
The one patron was kind enough to close the cooler door.

The bad:
Not one person was wearing a mask.

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/ ... 88448?s=20

Gotta "break a few eggs" for the cause.
… you realize the time stamp on the video says 07-07-2020. So whatever this was, it was not this past weekend. Was most certainly not related to anything that happened with protests this past weekend.
There was no protesting going on in NYC on 7/7?

https://bushwickdaily.com/bushwick/cate ... uly-7-2020

Was this related? Perhaps. This was the day BLM was asking people not to spend money at non-black owned businesses.

PS: Defund the police!
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

CU77 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:20 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:33 am Balitmore is completely democrat run from top to bottom.
They could have eliminated the City police union after the Freddy Grey debacle. Still, no action.
The existence of police unions is a matter of STATE law.
Yes. And... still Democrat super-majority.

But it was probably Hogan that stopped it from going through...

:lol:
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

tech37 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:26 pm
I see, just a coincidence... So you think this would inevitably happen, despite all of the anarchy that has ensued since Dem mayor's forgot about law and order and put all the onus on police? Wow...
Are you being deliberately obtuse? There is no connection with policy or politics or protest that I can see in the video. As it stands, it is just a video of a crime in process. And it features black people. As I say: I get it.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

tech37

Post by tech37 »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:38 pm
Are you being deliberately obtuse? There is no connection with policy or politics or protest that I can see in the video. As it stands, it is just a video of a crime in process. And it features black people. As I say: I get it.
You're not representing the perps in this case, no need to BS us counselor. The connection is undeniable, you just can't admit it. Sad...
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:47 am
tech37 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:46 am
a fan wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:21 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:03 pm Are you telling me that disgusting picture 6foot posted is photo shop? If not why did you not take the time to comment on that? You kind of breezed off onto the Covington issue.
I didn't "breeze off" to anything.

1. the Covington kid just settled his lawsuit. 6ft and others cited the story this week.
2. the moral of the Covington story was: don't trust videos or photos taken by "some guy on the internet'. That's what the WaPo, and Covington Catholic School both did. They assumed they understood what they saw. They were wrong, and paid a price.
3. 6ftstick has cited that story many times.

So that's where I arrived at #4:

4. 6ft, just days later, posts a photo from "some guy on the internet", assuming it's real. Assuming it's in Portland, and taking the photo at face value.

Get it?

So you have either one of two choices:

A. Either don't believe what you see on the internet posted by "some guy on the internet". (that's what I choose)

Or, B. you're on the side of the WaPo. You're saying that WaPo SHOULD have assumed that view was true, and they had the whole story. Any time you see an image or video on the internet, it's real, it's the whole story, and you, as the viewer, get to invent the story to fit your agenda.

Sixfootstick chooses B.

Which one do you choose, Cradle?
It would really neat a fan if, following your charge against 6 ft., you simply added something like, my god if that photo/video is accurate, that's incredibly repugnant. Otherwise it just comes off as more partisan hackery.

Ultimately it is pure partisan hackery. a fan has a side, in spite of his not wanting to admit it.
You guys are REALLY going to keep playing dumb, is that it?

I don't trust videos or photos posted on the internet. When someone "cites" twitter, with some random guy telling you what's in the photo....I don't believe a single word.

If that photo or video is confirmed by actual sources I trust? Great. Now I'm on board.

Do despite 6ft's silly game of pretending that the "reason" I don't believe that video is that he think I don't like what I'm seeing.

Nope. I don't believe what I read, see, or hear on twitter----doubly so when the guy writing the tweet gives you a story as to what you are seeing.

You should be ashamed of yourselves if you do.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Obviously, yes.

The cavalry arrived, as you want. Fed troops in full battle gear.

How's that working out? You, YA, OS, and others think that force will fix the problem.

Have you noticed yet that it ain't workin'?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:28 pm

The good:

The bad:

… you realize the time stamp on the video says 07-07-2020. So whatever this was, it was not this past weekend. Was most certainly not related to anything that happened with protests this past weekend.

Was this related? Perhaps. This was the day BLM was asking people not to spend money at non-black owned businesses.

… of course the thing is its posted roughly 20 days after the event on the 911 site with no comment. There is also no indication in the video itself has anything to do with BLM. Not one T-shirt, logo, etc, to identify the offenders as BLM or protest related.

… and you guys wonder why seacoaster wonders about you guys posting context free videos and images. "Breaking a few eggs" for the "cause"? What "cause" would that be? Seacoaster thinks he understands the "cause", and its not the one you think. :roll:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:00 pm
Obviously, yes.

How's that working out? You, YA, OS, and others think that force will fix the problem.

What's your solution, a fan? Should you let the fella's burn down the courthouse?
a fan

Post by a fan »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:04 pm

The good:

The bad:

… of course the thing is its posted roughly 20 days after the event on the 911 site with no comment. There is also no indication in the video itself has anything to do with BLM. Not one T-shirt, logo, etc, to identify the offenders as BLM or protest related.

… and you guys wonder why seacoaster wonders about you guys posting context free videos and images. "Breaking a few eggs" for the "cause"? What "cause" would that be? Seacoaster thinks he understands the "cause", and its not the one you think. :roll:
These are the same exact posters who made fun of WaPo covering a video posted "by some guy on the internet" of a Covington HS kid in DC.

Guys, FFS. Learn from past mistakes. We all make them.

But FFS, stop posting crap you get from twitter, and act like you know what you're seeing. You guys believe every photo, every video, and worse...you believe the text that 'explains the video". You're all smarter than this. Stop doing it.

If the video confirms your views? Be on your guard.

Or don't.
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:44 pm
You're not representing the perps in this case, no need to BS us counselor. The connection is undeniable, you just can't admit it. Sad...
Tech----you're off your rocker. Your sales pitch is that the policy you are mocking is supposed to end all crime in NYC.

And if it doesn't do that, "therefore" the policy is bad. This makes ZERO sense, tech, and you know it.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:13 pm
Obviously, yes.

What's your solution, a fan? Should you let the fella's burn down the courthouse?

So the referenced video shows someone burning down a courthouse now? :lol: :lol: what a maroon. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
a fan

Post by a fan »

Obviously, yes.

Asked and answered three times now. But you guys don't want to listen because none of you whiners have any interest whatsoever in actually addressing the entire reason the peaceful protesters are protesting in the first place.

Fly out the peaceful protesters to Wash DC and listen to them. Book time with Trump and McConnell. Listen intently. Bring in other relevant stake holders. Then craft legislation that fixes the problems. You know: how Government is supposed to work.

Then Republicans get to run elections in these cities saying "we heard your complaints, we acted on these complaints. Vote Republican in November...here are your candidates in Minneapolis, Seattle, and Portland".

Everyone wins.

They did PRECISELY this in Denver and Colorado. Streets are relatively calm now. It wasn't perfect. Representative democracy never is....
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:19 pm
Obviously, yes.

So the referenced video shows someone burning down a courthouse now? :lol: :lol: what a maroon. :lol:

The maroon is staring at you in the mirror, bruh.

What I'm asking a fan, which you are free to opine on as well, is: yes, the feds have moved in to some cities for different reasons but in Portland's case to protect a federal courthouse: if 'it' isn't working' (ie" there seems to be more agitated lefties rioting), what's your solution? Should you simply let the Left burn down federal buildings?

You can be super honest about that and I won't laugh if you say yes. I believe many lefties would have no problem if these rioting cousins burned down federal buildings, and I'd applaud you if you'd be honest on a public board about that.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:24 pm
Obviously, yes.

Asked and answered three times now. But you guys don't want to listen because none of you whiners have any interest whatsoever in actually addressing the entire reason the peaceful protesters are protesting in the first place.

Fly out the peaceful protesters to Wash DC and listen to them. Book time with Trump and McConnell. Listen intently. Bring in other relevant stake holders. Then craft legislation that fixes the problems. You know: how Government is supposed to work.

Then Republicans get to run elections in these cities saying "we heard your complaints, we acted on these complaints. Vote Republican in November...here are your candidates in Minneapolis, Seattle, and Portland".

Everyone wins.

They did PRECISELY this in Denver and Colorado. Streets are relatively calm now. It wasn't perfect. Representative democracy never is....

That is an honest answer. One minor problem might be this: in Portland's case alone, there are on average 5,000 'protesters' every night and no one really speaks for them as a single voice. Many are methed up. If your thought is to fly out some aggrieved BLM people, okay, but then most of the rioters are white: will they listen to orders to stand down?
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:18 pm
tech37 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:44 pm
Tech----you're off your rocker. Your sales pitch is that the policy you are mocking is supposed to end all crime in NYC.

And if it doesn't do that, "therefore" the policy is bad. This makes ZERO sense, tech, and you know it.
Mocking?... Jesus H a fan, I'm depressed as hell. Violent crime is up in NYC, yeah, it's all just a coincidence. More pretzel logic/devils advocate nonsense from you.
Last edited by tech37 on Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:04 pm

The good:

The bad:

Again- Defund the police!
Undoubtedly, a city with less police and more community organization and more mental health workers could prevent this from happening or de-escalate this situation.
These perps do not deserve to be pursued by police. Let them remain loose on the streets to "patronize" other bodegas.

Return to “POLITICS”