The Nation's Financial Condition

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
CU88

Re: The Nation's Financial Condition

Post by CU88 »

Carlin was great, some biting material starts at 8:00:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLODGhEyLvk

What an ending, "You have to be asleep to believe it".
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Now We’ll Know What the Recession Feels Like

Lotta red state republic party voters will be feeling this...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

a fan wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:40 pm
CU88 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:36 pm Carl Quintanilla @carlquintanilla
Operation Warp Speed is a $10 billion government program.

Quote Tweet

Nikki Haley @NikkiHaley
· 5h

Any coronavirus cure will be thanks to capitalism.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have ZERO doubt that she thinks that.

They're ALL like this. It's like talking to toddlers, who don't want to hear that mommy won't give them an ice cream cone.

They are incapable of understanding that the free market left the building in America decades ago. These large companies don't function without mommy (the .gov) anymore.

Meanwhile, no one is paying for my R&D at my family biz.
I’ve covered a lot of bourbon R&D in my life personally I’m pretty sure.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

dislaxxic wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:28 am Now We’ll Know What the Recession Feels Like

Lotta red state republic party voters will be feeling this...

This cliff has been hanging for a while and it’ll hang if they extend for a few more months as well. I’m more sympathetic to direct to citizen support than running money via treasury and Fed into the banking system and corporate subsidies but at some point we need to let the cards fall. This has been an issue IMO since Continental Illinois was bailed in the 1980s.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Quote Tweet

Nikki Haley @NikkiHaley
· 5h

They're ALL like this. It's like talking to toddlers, who don't want to hear that mommy won't give them an ice cream cone.

They are incapable of understanding that the free market left the building in America decades ago. These large companies don't function without mommy (the .gov) anymore.

I'm more than happy to help out, AFan-
How much R&D you need? I love blending my own and I'm full of weird ideas...
I'm more than willing to lend you my time, palate and opinion, next time I'm in CO!

:D
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:19 am

Quote Tweet

Nikki Haley @NikkiHaley
· 5h

I'm more than happy to help out, AFan-
How much R&D you need? I love blending my own and I'm full of weird ideas...
I'm more than willing to lend you my time, palate and opinion, next time I'm in CO!

:D
:lol: Noted. And as you know, you're welcome to drop by anytime!
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Work hasn't put me in CO lately, but next time, I will drop you a PM. Let us know when you are back in Balty. Hope you are well!
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Wait until everyone sees the election survey numbers once that $600 unemployment supplement ends when the Dems can sit on their high horses and say their solution has been on the table for two months without the Rs touching it; especially in dear old swing state FL where the maximum standard unemployment benefit is worthless. As people have been saying, you can't eat retroactively.

You ain't seen nuthin yet. You think Trump's messaging strategy is divide for his advantage? It's going to get worse in ways sane people could never imagine.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I’ve come around on UBI a ton and clearly cash transfers are so much better in minimizing the distortions and frictions which is what I hoped would be the takeaway for others. Transparent, less handing touching the money (rent seeking institutions, private and public), less parochial. It would’ve been something to see Andrew Tang get more traction on the Dem side.

As much as I believe in creative destruction and the need for loss and downside in a vibrant and growing economy I never understood the wanna be “tough guy” element that is often espoused by my thoughtful republicans. (So as to differentiate from the angry, 2nd derivative tea party cohort that’s trying to dominate, hijack and control all debate within the party currently). I don’t have as much of a problem w Bush 2 as many. The compassionate conservative message was the right one. The war is a stain and reduction in cap gains tax was a mistake, of well intentioned (like the ethanol mandate), but I think he truly cared about all Americans. Maybe some of his inner circle much less so. That type of approach seems to have largely disappeared from my party these days and that’s a shame. Retraining should be attached to every corporate friendly legislation or fiscal action IMO.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:34 pm
Wait until everyone sees the election survey numbers once that $600 unemployment supplement ends when the Dems can sit on their high horses and say their solution has been on the table for two months without the Rs touching it; especially in dear old swing state FL where the maximum standard unemployment benefit is worthless. As people have been saying, you can't eat retroactively.

You ain't seen nuthin yet. You think Trump's messaging strategy is divide for his advantage? It's going to get worse in ways sane people could never imagine.
The states with the highest covid death totals are all run by liberal democrat governors and have the most stringent lock down rules still in effect.

Trump has nothing to do with how those states are being managed and the small businesses and voters there know it.

Add to it the violence on the streets. Enabled by liberal democrat mayors.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Brian Kemp?
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:12 am Brian Kemp?
Georgia is 13th
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:46 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:12 am Brian Kemp?
Georgia is 13th
Currently 6th in deaths per day rolling average, worse when looked at as % of population.

neighbor South Carolina considerably worse, if that makes Georgians feel better.
Florida much worse by day, but not as % of population, if that makes Floridians feel better...
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I expected a response from someone far from Georgia on this who isn’t boots in the ground or know the gov which unfortunately I do. Yes we generally are happy to be the capital of the south and better off than SC, FL and AL in almost everything. Funny thing about Alabama is people dead seriously like to say “at least we’re not mississppi” as if that’s some great defense of that state.

An isn’t 13th bottom quartile effectively (12.5 = 1/4 of 50)
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:25 am I expected a response from someone far from Georgia on this who isn’t boots in the ground or know the gov which unfortunately I do. Yes we generally are happy to be the capital of the south and better off than SC, FL and AL in almost everything. Funny thing about Alabama is people dead seriously like to say “at least we’re not mississppi” as if that’s some great defense of that state.

I’m curious where Georgia is ‘better at everything’ versus Florida, but that’s not relevant, this is: Why are you and MD so consistently, obnoxiously pedantic about state comparisons, when it’s clear even to blind men you always mix up ‘price and value’? If you two could joke about it, that might be fun, but you’re dead serious, like most libs.

Every single person I know in the south is happy, which will come as a surprise to you two, but that (happiness) is the goal of life. Food, music, faith, pride, family, weather, freedom: let me know where your preferred narrative trumps that of the south.

Also, who tf cares if some hackneyed comp of wealth or education says New York is ‘better’ than Florida? No one I know who lives in Nyc doesn’t think it’s a tidal s-hole, leaving as soon as they can. Upstate NY I love, but everything around nyc is a total dump, the weather sucks, the politicians are awful, the taxes insane, and the women, let’s just say many look like teamsters.

Such total douchenozzlrey. By the way, both Alabama and Mississippi are awesome states to live in.

Joe Rogan leaving CA for Texas. Open your eyes.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

B
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

[quote="Peter Brown" post_id=171113 time=1595774642 user_id=1372]
[quote=Farfromgeneva post_id=171109 time=1595773505 user_id=1206]
I expected a response from someone far from Georgia on this who isn’t boots in the ground or know the gov which unfortunately I do. Yes we generally are happy to be the capital of the south and better off than SC, FL and AL in almost everything. Funny thing about Alabama is people dead seriously like to say “at least we’re not mississppi” as if that’s some great defense of that state.

[/quote]

I’m curious where Georgia is ‘better at everything’ versus Florida, but that’s not relevant, this is: Why are you and MD so consistently, obnoxiously pedantic about state comparisons, when it’s clear even to blind men you always mix up ‘price and value’? If you two could joke about it, that might be fun, but you’re dead serious, like most libs.

Every single person I know in the south is happy, which will come as a surprise to you two, but that (happiness) is the goal of life. Food, music, faith, pride, family, weather, freedom: let me know where your preferred narrative trumps that of the south.

Also, who tf cares if some hackneyed comp of wealth or education says New York is ‘better’ than Florida? No one I know who lives in Nyc doesn’t think it’s a tidal s-hole, leaving as soon as they can. Upstate NY I love, but everything around nyc is a total dump, the weather sucks, the politicians are awful, the taxes insane, and the women, let’s just say many look like teamsters.

Such total douchenozzlrey. By the way, both Alabama and Mississippi are awesome states to live in.

[/quote]

I’ve spent more time in all these states than just about anyone, you forget I was a depository banker covering everything East of the MS River. Been to the small towns and large cities in the gulf states, your state, Ga, Carolinas, Va etc. My best friend loves in suburban Orlando (Longwood/Altamonte) and another close one in Winter Park, both because of ex wives not by choice and they’ll tell you how flawed the Orlando area is.

Upstate is great if your rich and visit the Finger Lakes or Adirondacks in July. You don’t have your eyes open to the abject poverty, anger and distress that’s driving these Maga folks. I’m in Binghamton now. Tell me how beautiful it is. Or how about Bath, NY with a rate of nearly 2/3 of the kids on free or reduced lunches and meth/opioid problems everywhere. How about my buddy who’s dad ran a bank in Kozisuco MS that wanted to adopt, after three of his own children, one from a poor country because it was the good Christian thing to do but couldn’t adopt on from Ethiopia because the kid would struggle there. Instead he adopted on from China, the bank sold to one in Tupelo and the Chinese kid is struggling with crap there?

Because it was in response to your boy 6ft, which you conveniently ignore and also bring up your mighty FL all the time except you want to carve out a portion of the state that contributes the most to its economic activity.

You can keep being full of it. Doesn’t matter to me. Everyone is stupid or a jerk that doesn’t agree with you. What do I care about your opinion as you’ve done nothing but denigrate everyone who disagrees even starting this clown show by wasting everyone’s time on the Hopkins thread with no objective other than to be incendiary. But we are all douches and you are a great person. My eyes are wide open friend.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:44 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:25 am I expected a response from someone far from Georgia on this who isn’t boots in the ground or know the gov which unfortunately I do. Yes we generally are happy to be the capital of the south and better off than SC, FL and AL in almost everything. Funny thing about Alabama is people dead seriously like to say “at least we’re not mississppi” as if that’s some great defense of that state.

Says the guy who lives in his parents' guest house in one of FL's wealthiest east coast communities, and looks down his nose at people who can only fly in on timeshare jets.

Hold your breath and go into Port Charlotte or Northport, and get back to us.

Some people really are turds. (Yep, this is the only guy on fanlax I personally attack. Because he has it coming.)

Return to “POLITICS”