Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
seacoaster

Re: Orange Duce

Post by seacoaster »

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/23/upsh ... e=Homepage

"This moment is notably different from 1968, when local officials requested federal troops to restore order in Washington, Chicago and Baltimore because they believed they could not do it themselves. It’s different from Oxford, Miss., in 1962, or Little Rock in 1957, when local officials were openly defying federal court orders to desegregate.

“I don’t think there’s anywhere near the same kind of consensus at the federal level that federal authority is actually being subverted” today, said Stephen Vladeck, a law professor at the University of Texas at Austin. “What’s new and troubling here is we have a very, very contested factual predicate. And it’s not remotely clear to me what federal laws are going unenforced.”

If the federal presence in Portland were meant to restore order, it would have made more sense to send in National Guard officers, who have served and trained for such a role, not Customs and Border Protection agents, Mr. Vladeck said. Confrontations there have escalated since the arrival of federal forces, with a line of protesting mothers facing tear gas, and then, Wednesday night, Mayor Ted Wheeler of Portland experiencing the same.

“This is the very thing that scared the heck out of the framers of the Constitution,” said Barry Friedman, a law professor at New York University. “There’s been an over-tendency to cry wolf,” he said of the president’s critics over the past four years. “Well, this is wolf. This is it.”

The fact that the Trump campaign has at the same time begun running numerous ads portraying American cities as overrun by violent left-wing mobs suggests that the president is motivated more by the optics of the federal response than its potential effectiveness, Mr. Vladeck said.

Further muddying matters, the president also announced Wednesday plans for a “surge” of law enforcement officers into American cities to work with local police combating violent crime. Attorney General Bill Barr suggested that a rise in violent crime in some cities over the past month had been “a direct result” of calls to defund and weaken local police forces amid Black Lives Matter protests.

He made a point of distinguishing the plans announced Wednesday from the administration’s campaign to counter “riots and mob violence” in places like Portland.

“The operations we’re discussing today are very different — they’re classic crime fighting,” Mr. Barr said.

But that is precisely the problem, say critics like Mr. Vladeck and Mr. Neily: The federal government isn’t responsible for classic crime fighting in local communities. Yet throughout their comments at the White House on Wednesday, President Trump, Mr. Barr and Chad Wolf, the acting head of the Department of Homeland Security, suggested that they believed restoring law and order in local communities was vital to the mission of the federal government.

Mr. Vladeck offered, in response, this quote from Chief Justice William Rehnquist, in a 2000 decision curbing the central federal role in the Violence Against Women Act: “Indeed, we can think of no better example of the police power, which the Founders denied the national government and reposed in the states, than the suppression of violent crime and vindication of its victims.”

Aside from the debate over federal authority, the fast approach of the election makes it hard to separate politics from the president’s actions. This week, Mr. Trump suggested that New York, Chicago, Philadelphia, Detroit, Baltimore and Oakland may all need federal intervention. That list of cities, all with large Black populations, includes some with no violent unrest right now. Through June, murders in Oakland were actually down relative to the same time last year.

“The through line here is not the protection of federal property,” said Kelly Lytle Hernandez, a historian at U.C.L.A. “It’s the effort to suppress the uprising for Black life. That sounds pretty familiar. That sounds pretty late 19th century.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:48 pm
Andersen wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:38 pm jhu 72 wrote:
Andersen wrote: ↑Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:11 pm
'Obama didn’t brag half as much about winning a Nobel Peace Prize as Trump is about passing a dementia test."
… half?? :shock:
True :lol: :lol: :lol:
How do you win Noble prizes for dropping smart bombs in Pakistan on old men and young kids? Did anybody ever explain to Barry the meaning of "collateral damage" ? maybe Barry should have sent over some "corpsemen" to help all those noble prize victims of his. :roll: Funny how all the FLP cumquats on this forum become deaf, dumb and blind kids whenever Barry's penchant for launching smart bombs in other countries is even mentioned. Does that surprise me... not in the least. :roll:
That award was a joke IMO.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reu ... SK20100928

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ft.com ... 00779fd2ac
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

CU88 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:38 pm FDR: "We have nothing to fear but fear itself."
JFK: "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."

o d: "Person, woman, man, camera, TV."
I have always loved that quote from JFKs anaugural address. It is a crying shame the Democrat party stopped believing in it a long time ago. It has been redefined by todays democrats as forget about what you can do for your country, just think about all the things your country can do for you.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

holmes435 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:58 pm Sounds like Fatt Matt's got too big for its britches. The kid getting crushed and dying at the sundial was crazy - we took my toddler son there a few years prior, and I just can't imagine.

Had some good oysters at Kimball House last year. Pricey, but good and they were scrubbed clean. Fontaine's was usually after a few pitchers of cheap PBR at Moe's & Joe's. Wing Factory was the closest I've found to good wings - fairly crispy, no breading, good choice of sauces, thick blue cheese dipping sauce, but apparently it's gone downhill over the past 10-15 years.

Ladybird grove was solid recently but not memorable, Estrella was good back in the day for tapas but looks like it's moved and I'm not sure it's the same owner or people.
Pm me next time you come through and I’ll buy you a beer/pitcher. We like Moes and Joes. My wife has her church warden meetings there.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Oh Dear Leader, let me count the ways we adore you:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1286669956978008066

It's a cult.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Anyone remember Living Colour - Cult of Personality?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xxgRUyzgs0

Look in my eyes, what do you see?
The cult of personality
I know your anger, I know your dreams
I've been everything you want to be
I'm the cult of personality
Like Mussolini and Kennedy
The cult of personality
The cult of personality
Neon lights, a Nobel Prize
Then a mirror speaks, the reflection lies
You don't have to follow me
Only you can set me free
I sell the things you need to be
I'm the smiling face on your T.V.
I exploit you still you love me
I tell you one and one makes three
Like Joseph Stalin and Gandhi
The cult of personality
The cult of personality
Neon lights a Nobel Prize
A leader speaks, that leader dies
You don't have to follow me
Only you can set you free
You gave me fortune
You gave me fame
You gave me power in your own god's name
I'm every person you need to be
Oh, I'm the cult of personality
I'm the cult of, I'm the cult of, I'm the cult of, I'm the cult of
I'm the cult of, I'm the cult of, I'm the cult of, I'm the cult of personality
Source: LyricFind
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Yes, tRUMP is a genius:

It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Last edited by holmes435 on Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Opinion: Trump's tweet to the "Suburban Housewives of America" isn't a dog whistle.
It is an air-raid siren.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Kismet wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:50 am Opinion: Trump's tweet to the "Suburban Housewives of America" isn't a dog whistle.
It is an air-raid siren.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I assume you are referring to this article?

If so, can you also not argue that this housing requirement is now prejudice? Of course the article is timely prescient, so they had to make it a racist issue. To openly say it is for "blacks" is defamation. How can one hand say we want equality and the other say....give me special things? Trump is attempting to level the field....by forcing the issue of equality. And when the issue comes back up, it becomes a reality check that hey, is actually trying to help.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
CU88

Post by CU88 »

MAGA Problem.jpg
MAGA Problem.jpg (84.07 KiB) Viewed 1292 times
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

“Trump is attempting to level the field....by forcing the issue of equality.“

This may be the most preposterous thing you’ve said in some time. Really crazytown.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

I wonder if some of you have ever been in a true and authentic leadership position, one that watched the growth of those you lead. Or maybe you have, and were the type of person that is afraid they may take you position. #AgapeLove
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:18 am I wonder if some of you have ever been in a true and authentic leadership position, one that watched the growth of those you lead. Or maybe you have, and were the type of person that is afraid they may take you position. #AgapeLove
Can you be a little less ambiguous? What are you trying to say?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Candid interview with Trump, by Portnoy of all people...

https://breaking911.com/watch-barstool- ... ent-trump/
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:01 pm Candid interview with Trump, by Portnoy of all people...

https://breaking911.com/watch-barstool- ... ent-trump/
pretty charming, Portnoy puts him totally at ease and never actually challenges him on his responses, but he does have some fun with it. Liked the call to his dad...

but the whining by Trump...

Not a mask in sight, but ahh well...
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

A little man, a loser.

… this is how a real leader does it, leads, right YA. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Wow. I thought I couldn't be surprised anymore by the depths of OD's self-absorbed depravity.

I was wrong.

Return to “POLITICS”