Progressive Ideology

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
RedFromMI

Re: Progressive Ideology

Post by RedFromMI »

CU77 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:57 pm Nor that of the presiding judge.
And I am pretty sure almost every Democrat is good with the fact that a corrupt politician, no matter what party, gets his dose of justice...
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:01 pm
And I am pretty sure almost every Democrat is good with the fact that a corrupt politician, no matter what party, gets his dose of justice...

Bob Menendez thanks you for your gullibility.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

His daughter is hot and a Democrat

How about these Ohio cats that were picked up today? Think they are republicans.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cincin ... 5477862002
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:34 pm

Was he found guilty? Nope, but did get admonished by the Senate for ethical violations. Given the Supreme Court decision with regards to the former Virginia R governor, there was no way any conviction would have stood anyway.

That is not to say he did everything right - but a conviction (just like McDonnell) was not going to happen. That is where the law has to change if you want to try to eliminate that kind of corruption.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:59 pm

Was he found guilty? Nope, but did get admonished by the Senate for ethical violations. Given the Supreme Court decision with regards to the former Virginia R governor, there was no way any conviction would have stood anyway.

That is not to say he did everything right - but a conviction (just like McDonnell) was not going to happen. That is where the law has to change if you want to try to eliminate that kind of corruption.

Also, I forgot that Ralph Northam seems fairly happy with no one demanding his resignation.
a fan

Post by a fan »

You think that's bad? Both you and FoxNation are still covering for Joe Biden and his Tara Reid problem.

Whoops. Pete forgot all about that. You (and FoxNation) haven't mentioned her since way back in May. Why aren't you on that? Why isn't FoxNews?

Tsk, tsk. Never thought I'd see the day when Pete Brown would cover for Biden's Tara Reade Story.

Well, Pete....Biden thanks you for your gullibility. But I have to say, I can't believe that you and FoxNation are now part of the liberal media conspiracy to take it easy on Dem Joe Biden.

I'm sad, Pete. Really sad.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:56 pm

Also, I forgot that Ralph Northam seems fairly happy with no one demanding his resignation.
There are literally hundreds of thousands of Virginians who have called for Northam's resignation on both sides. You're really bad at this.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:24 am Plus, I’m 42. You think you’ve got problems. How about what I’ve been putting in for nearly 25yrs? I may not see a single penny of it paying for people who lived longer than they should’ve.

My grandmother is turning 100 shortly. She says thank-you and wishes you continued success. She says the same thing to me. ;)
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Nigel wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:33 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:24 am Plus, I’m 42. You think you’ve got problems. How about what I’ve been putting in for nearly 25yrs? I may not see a single penny of it paying for people who lived longer than they should’ve.

My grandmother is turning 100 shortly. She says thank-you and wishes you continued success. She says the same thing to me. ;)
My pleasure. I’ll send her a copy of Harold and Maude for her birthday.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

holmes435 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:50 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:56 pm

There are literally hundreds of thousands of Virginians who have called for Northam's resignation on both sides. You're really bad at this.

Are they still demanding that resignation? Or did they simply play a part for the cameras then move along?
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:12 amAre they still demanding that resignation?
Yes.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

holmes435 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:23 am
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:12 amAre they still demanding that resignation?
Yes.
December 2019

‘We Were Wrong’: Washington Post Does About Face After Calling For Ralph Northam’s Resignation Over Blackface

The piece published Friday titled “How Ralph Northam came back from the political dead,” describes how “few back-from-the-dead narratives have been as swift and sure-footed as the one Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam has managed this year.”

The Washington Post’s editorial board has done a complete 180 after once calling for Democratic Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam to resign.

When a medical school yearbook photo of what looked like Northam in either in blackface or a Ku Klux Klan costume came to light earlier this year, the Post was one of many news sources calling for the resignation of the Virginia governor.

No ones calling for Northams resignation in 2020,. Not since spring of 2019.

Hes even claiming now he wasn't in the black face/klan photo
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:42 am
holmes435 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:23 am
Yes.
December 2019

‘We Were Wrong’: Washington Post Does About Face After Calling For Ralph Northam’s Resignation Over Blackface

The piece published Friday titled “How Ralph Northam came back from the political dead,” describes how “few back-from-the-dead narratives have been as swift and sure-footed as the one Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam has managed this year.”

The Washington Post’s editorial board has done a complete 180 after once calling for Democratic Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam to resign.

When a medical school yearbook photo of what looked like Northam in either in blackface or a Ku Klux Klan costume came to light earlier this year, the Post was one of many news sources calling for the resignation of the Virginia governor.

No ones calling for Northams resignation in 2020,. Not since spring of 2019.

Hes even claiming now he wasn't in the black face/klan photo

Of course he wasn't. Everyone on my senior yearbook page, I didn't know any of them!

:lol:
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:42 amNo ones calling for Northams resignation in 2020,. Not since spring of 2019.
There is literally a change.org petition created at the end of April 2020 with nearly 60,000+ signatures and people signing it as we speak.

As a Virginian, I'm no Northam fan, but people have realized their voice doesn't really matter in this situation and he's not stepping down over it. The matter is not going to be in the news except when politically expedient.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Hey look, an absolutely disgusting photo of a BLM Democrat kneeling on the neck of his girlfriends 5 year old daughters neck, to make a woke point.

https://www.whio.com/news/crime-and-law ... QCVDVZXKI/

I’d execute the guy but I’m like that.

I fear how some Democrats would excuse this insanity.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:17 pm Hey look, an absolutely disgusting photo of a BLM Democrat kneeling on the neck of his girlfriends 5 year old daughters neck, to make a woke point.

… and give a Medal of Freedom to the COP who kneeled on a man's neck until the man was dead, but hey Petey is just that kind of guy. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:15 am
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:17 pm Hey look, an absolutely disgusting photo of a BLM Democrat kneeling on the neck of his girlfriends 5 year old daughters neck, to make a woke point.

… and give a Medal of Freedom to the COP who kneeled on a man's neck until the man was dead, but hey Petey is just that kind of guy. :lol:

I guess it was always going to be too much to ask a Democrat to be outraged by this photo of a meth head kneeling on an innocent girls neck.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

AOC on the House floor, after Yoho called her a f****** b**** on the steps of the Capitol (heard by a reporter), then lied about it on the floor of the House.
Dehumanizing language is not new, and what we are seeing is that incidents like these are happening in a pattern. This is a pattern of an attitude towards women and dehumanization of others. So while I was not deeply hurt or offended by little comments that are made—when I was reflecting on this, I honestly thought that I was just going to pack it up and go home. It’s just another day, right? But then yesterday Rep. Yoho decided to come to the floor of the House of Representatives and make excuses for his behavior, and that I could not let go. I could not allow my nieces, I could not allow the little girls that I go home to, I could not allow victims of verbal abuse and worse to see that, to see that excuse and to see our Congress accept it as legitimate, and to accept it as an apology, and to accept silence as a form of acceptance. I could not allow that to stand, which is why I’m rising today to raise this point of personal privilege. And I do not need Rep. Yoho to apologize to me. Clearly, he does not want to. Clearly, when given the opportunity, he will not. And I will not stay up late at night waiting for an apology from a man who has no remorse over calling women and using abusive language towards women. But what I do have issue with is using women, “our wives and daughters,” as shields and excuses for poor behavior. Mr. Yoho mentioned that he has a wife and two daughters. I am two years younger than Mr. Yoho’s youngest daughter. I am someone’s daughter too. My father, thankfully, is not alive to see how Mr. Yoho treated his daughter. My mother got to see Mr. Yoho’s disrespect on the floor of this House towards me on television. And I am here because I have to show my parents that I am their daughter and that they did not raise me to accept abuse from men. Now, what I am here to say is that this harm that Mr. Yoho levied, tried to levy against me, was not just an incident directed at me. But when you do that to any woman, what Mr. Yoho did was give permission to other men to do that to his daughters. In using that language in front of the press, he gave permission to use that language against his wife, his daughters, women in his community, and I am here to stand up to say that is not acceptable.
https://twitter.com/cspan/status/1286315637275598849

AOC is the same age as my daughter, within a month.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

The libs are losing their Twitter shinola over a new research paper put out today by Mike Bloomberg's favorite welfare scholar, Lawrence Mead. Larry doesn't mince his research words so he is in the act of being canceled by the Left! I give NYU at best one week before they are forced to fire this 77 year old man. :lol:

You guys are insane!

https://link.springer.com/article/10.10 ... 20-00496-1

Some of the hysteria-ridden Twitter posts from Dems and libs:

https://twitter.com/FromFireToTable/sta ... 15874?s=20

https://twitter.com/BazziNYU/status/128 ... 19744?s=20

https://twitter.com/prof_gabriele/statu ... 28962?s=20
old salt

Post by old salt »

CU77 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:23 pm AOC on the House floor, after Yoho called her a f****** b**** on the steps of the Capitol (heard by a reporter), then lied about it on the floor of the House.
Dehumanizing language is not new, and what we are seeing is that incidents like these are happening in a pattern. This is a pattern of an attitude towards women and dehumanization of others. So while I was not deeply hurt or offended by little comments that are made—when I was reflecting on this, I honestly thought that I was just going to pack it up and go home. It’s just another day, right? But then yesterday Rep. Yoho decided to come to the floor of the House of Representatives and make excuses for his behavior, and that I could not let go. I could not allow my nieces, I could not allow the little girls that I go home to, I could not allow victims of verbal abuse and worse to see that, to see that excuse and to see our Congress accept it as legitimate, and to accept it as an apology, and to accept silence as a form of acceptance. I could not allow that to stand, which is why I’m rising today to raise this point of personal privilege. And I do not need Rep. Yoho to apologize to me. Clearly, he does not want to. Clearly, when given the opportunity, he will not. And I will not stay up late at night waiting for an apology from a man who has no remorse over calling women and using abusive language towards women. But what I do have issue with is using women, “our wives and daughters,” as shields and excuses for poor behavior. Mr. Yoho mentioned that he has a wife and two daughters. I am two years younger than Mr. Yoho’s youngest daughter. I am someone’s daughter too. My father, thankfully, is not alive to see how Mr. Yoho treated his daughter. My mother got to see Mr. Yoho’s disrespect on the floor of this House towards me on television. And I am here because I have to show my parents that I am their daughter and that they did not raise me to accept abuse from men. Now, what I am here to say is that this harm that Mr. Yoho levied, tried to levy against me, was not just an incident directed at me. But when you do that to any woman, what Mr. Yoho did was give permission to other men to do that to his daughters. In using that language in front of the press, he gave permission to use that language against his wife, his daughters, women in his community, and I am here to stand up to say that is not acceptable.
https://twitter.com/cspan/status/1286315637275598849

AOC is the same age as my daughter, within a month.
Seek family counseling. You'll get past this crisis.

How soon we forget her Squad sister who was declared a hero for calling the President a Mother F-er at a rally.
Woke Double Standard.

Return to “POLITICS”