2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
CU77

Re: 2020 Elections - Enough Divisiveness Already

Post by CU77 »

old salt wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:42 am Plain clothes police make arrests all the time. They identify themselves verbally & show their badge & ID when asked.
And Trump's secret police thugs viciously beat an unarmed Navy vet with his hands at his sides without showing any ID.
Last edited by CU77 on Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

http://www.google.com shows tons without badges or ids, and many without the "POLICE" branding, which means little by itself. Unrelated to Portland, people keep getting killed (cops included) because of cops barging into the wrong house unannounced and not identifying themselves.

Regardless, the burden of proof is on the police. We are a free country where everyone is innocent until proven guilty by a jury of their peers and everyone has the constitutional right to face their accuser. We are not a bootlicking police state.

Right wingers would be appalled if this happened 5 years ago
CU77

Post by CU77 »

holmes435 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:57 am We are not a bootlicking police state.
We didn't used to be. Now we are.

#MAGA
CU77

Post by CU77 »

And what's amazing to me is there doesn't seem to be a legal remedy for this that anyone is proposing.

How do Trump's invading thugs not violate Posse Comitatus??

It seems to me that SCOTUS needs to weigh in ASAP. Are we a police state or not?

What say you, Roberts, Alito, Thomas, Gorsuch, Kavanaugh?
old salt

Post by old salt »

CU77 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:57 am
old salt wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:42 am Plain clothes police make arrests all the time. They identify themselves verbally & show their badge & ID when asked.
And Trump's secret police thugs viciously beat an unarmed Navy vet with his hands at his sides without showing any ID.
Mr David is a large man who approached them when they were engaged with rioters, defending Federal property.
They did not approach him, or seek to detain or arrest him. They wanted him out of their way.
The first Marshall pushed him away. When he didn't leave, the second Marshall struck him 3 times with his baton until he finally backed away, after being maced. He was interfering with them doing their assigned duties. He foolishly inserted himself into a dangerous situation.
It may be a secret to you, but they were US Marshalls. It has been referred to the DoJ IG for investigation.

Note the tactical garb worn by FBI agents arriving at Roger Stone's home for his pre-dawn arrest.
I don't recall any anguish in this forum then about the militarization of Federal agents. Selective outrage.
Last edited by old salt on Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
old salt

Post by old salt »

CU77 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:04 am And what's amazing to me is there doesn't seem to be a legal remedy for this that anyone is proposing.

How do Trump's invading thugs not violate Posse Comitatus??

It seems to me that SCOTUS needs to weigh in ASAP. Are we a police state or not?

What say you, Roberts, Alito, Thomas, Gorsuch, Kavanaugh?
Posse Comitatus applies to the military, not to Fed law enforcement agencies.
(D) politicians calling them Trump's Troops does not make them military.

There's no legal remedy because nothing illegal is being done.
The ACLU & OR AG have filed suits. See what the Courts rule.
I wonder how the Judges feel about the DHS FPS that protects them & their Court Houses ?

The practical remedy is for the Governor & Mayor to do their jobs. Eliminate the need for Fed agents to protect Fed property.
Use their Police & National Guard to protect property (Fed, State, City, & private), & work with Fed agencies to develop intel to break up the organized anarchist mob's criminal activities (like arson, property damage, organizing riots & injuring law officers with projectiles & by shining lasers in their eyes) ...but then they'd be losing their Woke Mob Storm Troopers & risk alienating the 70% of their voters who voted against Trump.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

holmes435 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:12 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:39 pm
Who wore the terrorist tan suit better?

The body language is so stark. Mitch looks like he’s trying to posture like a man with any self confidence trying to prove something to himself and everyone else unconvincingly and BO just pimping naturally like he’s about to go kick some a**.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:02 am
Mr David is a large man who approached them when they were engaged with rioters, defending Federal property.
They did not approach him, or seek to detain or arrest him. They wanted him out of their way.
The first Marshall pushed him away. When he didn't leave, the second Marshall struck him 3 times with his baton until he finally backed away, after being maced. He was interfering with them doing their assigned duties. He foolishly inserted himself into a dangerous situation.
It may be a secret to you, but they were US Marshalls. It has been referred to the DoJ IG for investigation.

Note the tactical garb worn by FBI agents arriving at Roger Stone's home for his pre-dawn arrest.
I don't recall any anguish in this forum then about the militarization of Federal agents. Selective outrage.
You have selective outrage. Defending roger stone over a navy vet. It’s a joke. Spoken like someone who hasn’t seen what he’s talking about in decades. Retirement must be good.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:44 amThe body language is so stark. Mitch looks like he’s trying to posture like a man with any self confidence trying to prove something to himself and everyone else unconvincingly and BO just pimping naturally like he’s about to go kick some a**.
Even with the posture, if Mitch had a fitted suit he'd look a thousand times more composed. It's weird how ingrained the ill fitting suit / Navy Blazer + khaki culture is in DC.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Because it's a lot of kiddos from wherever they came from college straight to opening anthrax mail for junior senators of little import and fake it until they are writing policy for actual politicians at 27 having seen or done little outside the beltway. It's pretending to be and look like actual citizens they are supposed to represent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0u_og0tntE
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:47 am

You have selective outrage. Defending roger stone over a navy vet. It’s a joke. Spoken like someone who hasn’t seen what he’s talking about in decades. Retirement must be good.

Elementary age schoolchildren let alone Old Salt could have predicted this reply, which isn’t a reply so much as a misdirection. Salt didn’t defend Stone, he pointed out that’s it’s the left who exhibits selective outrage. You in turn accuse him of that even when he’s not outraged.

Predictable hilarity every time.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Sure. Good one. Did you just get a chubby?
a fan

Post by a fan »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:44 am
holmes435 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:12 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:39 pm
Who wore the terrorist tan suit better?

The body language is so stark. Mitch looks like he’s trying to posture like a man with any self confidence trying to prove something to himself and everyone else unconvincingly and BO just pimping naturally like he’s about to go kick some a**.
Funny thing is, that is one seriously nice suit that Obama is wearing. McConnell, on the other hand, looks about like I look in a suit.....
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:02 am I don't recall any anguish in this forum then about the militarization of Federal agents. Selective outrage.
We have 100%, absolutely discussed the militarization of the police over the years here. We've discussed equipment and tactics on multiple occasions.

What we didn't do, you are correct, is clutch our pearls when the tables were turned on a rich white millionaire in Roger Stone, as horrified Republicans pretended that because Stone is rich, the police should serve him tea, rub his feet, and give his wife a facial while serving the warrant.

Wanna know how Republican voters REALLY feel about the "militarization" of police?

Ask any of them here about budget cuts to police departments.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:47 am

Try being honest. That's no defense of Stone. It's pointing out the selective outrage in this forum about law enforcement.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:18 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:02 am I don't recall any anguish in this forum then about the militarization of Federal agents. Selective outrage.
We have 100%, absolutely discussed the militarization of the police over the years here. We've discussed equipment and tactics on multiple occasions.

What we didn't do, you are correct, is clutch our pearls when the tables were turned on a rich white millionaire in Roger Stone, as horrified Republicans pretended that because Stone is rich, the police should serve him tea, rub his feet, and give his wife a facial while serving the warrant.

Wanna know how Republican voters REALLY feel about the "militarization" of police?

Ask any of them here about budget cuts to police departments.
IMO federal law enforcement will do whatever it wants. If I'm not wrong didn't Obama's feds over rule Arizona State rights concerning how they dealt with illegal immigrants? The nation is now at a tipping point in what kind of power we give to federal law enforcement. It gets pretty dicey. If local Portland law enforcement can't protect federal government buildings from being attacked and vandalized, why would any rational person think that the feds would sit by and let it happen? The same would be true for any R or D administration. I go back to my original position, the feds will do in a law enforcement mode whatever the hell they want, wherever they want. If some of you folks actually think that states rights matter... your deluding yourselves. My son is a FAM, he knows this fact up close and personal. He tells me this often. When they have orders from higher up they can pretty much do whatever they are instructed to do. I don't believe they work under an understanding of what a lawful order is. That is not the case if you want to keep your job. If the law should be changed, that is another argument. The feds have the power and the authority and they will use it. Who is going to stop them? :roll:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:53 pm IMO federal law enforcement will do whatever it wants. If I'm not wrong didn't Obama's feds over rule Arizona State rights concerning how they dealt with illegal immigrants? The nation is now at a tipping point in what kind of power we give to federal law enforcement. It gets pretty dicey. If local Portland law enforcement can't protect federal government buildings from being attacked and vandalized, why would any rational person think that the feds would sit by and let it happen? The same would be true for any R or D administration.
The most famous example is Kennedy sending down the Federal Troops. I agree that the Fed must trump States. We signed up for that back in 1787.

I'm not begrudging Trump's desire for order---if that's what he actually wants. And yep, protect Federal property.

I'm simply saying two things. One, this is a campaign ad for Trump...he doesn't care about order per se.

And two, a better path is to let the kids get bored. Frankly, blocking WiFi in the area would scatter the dangerous idiots 100 times faster than Federal Troops will.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:54 am Sure. Good one. Did you just get a chubby?

I'm not judging you, but do you 'like dudes' or something? You write that cliche 'didja getta chubby?' just about every other day, and like I said, no judgment, but that's the kind of thing a normal person never asks another guy. I mean, Gillum came clean (no pun intended), so feel free to lay your cards on the table so we don't mistake your intentions here. Appreciated.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:23 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:53 pm IMO federal law enforcement will do whatever it wants. If I'm not wrong didn't Obama's feds over rule Arizona State rights concerning how they dealt with illegal immigrants? The nation is now at a tipping point in what kind of power we give to federal law enforcement. It gets pretty dicey. If local Portland law enforcement can't protect federal government buildings from being attacked and vandalized, why would any rational person think that the feds would sit by and let it happen? The same would be true for any R or D administration.
The most famous example is Kennedy sending down the Federal Troops. I agree that the Fed must trump States. We signed up for that back in 1787.

I'm not begrudging Trump's desire for order---if that's what he actually wants. And yep, protect Federal property.

I'm simply saying two things. One, this is a campaign ad for Trump...he doesn't care about order per se.

And two, a better path is to let the kids get bored. Frankly, blocking WiFi in the area would scatter the dangerous idiots 100 times faster than Federal Troops will.

Hey I meant to write last night that I agreed with some other post of yours yesterday and I forgot what it was, but you wrote something entirely coherent, and I believe it was directed at disslaxx or DocBarrister for one of their lunacy rants. So please accept a tardy congrats.

And here too above, you are onto something, though not as impressively as your reply yesterday, because here you are being too kind to some truly wretched humans whom I don't think are nearly as gentle as you might think.

Anyway, carry on.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:23 pm

Trump is forcing recalcitrant (D) Governors & Mayors to do their jobs & protect their citizens.
What he's sending to Chicago, KC & other cities is not the same as in Portland, where Fed buildings were offered up as a specific target to an organized anarchist mob by a Mayor & Governor who refused to defend them.
The Fed Court House in Portland was still under siege last night. No city or state police engagement with rioters attacking the building.
So what if it benefits Trump politically ? The (D) Governors & Mayors are willing to offer up their citizens safety, property & order for their partisan political benefit.

Return to “POLITICS”