2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
wgdsr

Re: 2020 Elections - Enough Divisiveness Already

Post by wgdsr »

tech37 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:08 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:24 pm if 2020 keeps it up, i might be interested in looking into wakanda. is that coming to america or something else?

there was a squirrel that was tested and had bubonic plague in colorado in the last several days. what made them want to test a dead squirrel? is this all over the place? my dog had 4 dead squirrels in his mouth in the last 2 weeks, and almost a skunk.

is bubonic plague next?!?!?
No fool'n wgdsr. In April, on top of all the Covid anxiety, we had an add'l scare. 4am, Sunday morning, I'm practically asleep but notice one of my cats in the room and up on the bed. I doze back off but feel something on my head and brush it off. Dose back off but hear a clicking sound next to pillow. I sit up to find a bat with a torn wing sitting there! I got some gloves, picked it up and put outside. When I got up a couple hours later, checked on bat and it was dead. Bagged it and into the freezer since my first thought was Rabies?! I warily contacted the Dept of Health thinking they would be a draconian version of DMV. They were actually great though (very nice to deal with) and sent the bat off for testing, free of charge. My cat went to vet to be checked out and updated on Rabies shot, then I had to quarantine her. Test came back negative (thank god) within 2 days and the kitty lock down ended. Normally it wouldn't have been so bad but with everything else and with bat viruses and bat eating people so much in news, it was an ordeal.
lol.
cats are predators, man. stone cold even domesticated.
glad it worked out. have someone check the belfry.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Polls may be directionaly correct, but like last time - I suspect there are a lot of pending Trump voters who will either not admit it, or just plain not participate in the polling processes.
All will be clear on November 5. Until then, couple of things to note:

1. The 2016 polls were fairly accurate by historical standards. Definitely were within the MOE.
2. The data really doesn't support the theory of "shy" Trump voters very much.
3. As you can see from the below, the 2016 race was very dynamic between Trump and HRod. Trump was close or tied late July, again mid September and (most importantly) again in early November.
4. Plus you had two third party candidates who together were polling above 10% for much of the race. Lots of moving pieces.
5. Compare the 2020 graph to date. No third party candidates messing things up. Joe has been ahead by a comfortable margin the entire time. While there certainly has been movement, it is a much more stable picture than in 2016.
6. So while things can always change (and will), Joe is in a much better position now than HRod ever was.
7. The 2016 problem wasn't the polls. It was the interpretation of the polls (i.e. Hillary is a lock). 538's final projection was that Trump had a 28.6% chance of winning. Close to 1 in 3 odds. Trump was an underdog, but (in hindsight) he had a decent chance to win all along.
8. Especially down at the state level. Trump famously squeaked out close wins in FL, MI, PA, WI. But folks overlook the fact that Trump was also close to winning in ME, MN, NH, NV.

2016 was much more of a competitive ballgame than most (including me) thought. 2020 is significantly less competitive -- for now. But things can always change. Run through the tape, Joe.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -5952.html

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6247.html
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Heard this morning that when the first debates happen (if Bidens handlers allow him out) in September some early ballots will have already been cast.

Explain to me why 3.5—4 months is needed to vote.
a fan

Post by a fan »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:11 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:24 pm if 2020 keeps it up, i might be interested in looking into wakanda. is that coming to america or something else?

there was a squirrel that was tested and had bubonic plague in colorado in the last several days. what made them want to test a dead squirrel? is this all over the place? my dog had 4 dead squirrels in his mouth in the last 2 weeks, and almost a skunk.

No fool'n wgdsr. In April, on top of all the Covid anxiety, we had an add'l scare. 4am, Sunday morning, I'm practically asleep but notice one of my cats in the room and up on the bed. I doze back off but feel something on my head and brush it off. Dose back off but hear a clicking sound next to pillow. I sit up to find a bat with a torn wing sitting there! I got some gloves, picked it up and put outside. When I got up a couple hours later, checked on bat and it was dead. Bagged it and into the freezer since my first thought was Rabies?! I warily contacted the Dept of Health thinking they would be a draconian version of DMV. They were actually great though (very nice to deal with) and sent the bat off for testing, free of charge. My cat went to vet to be checked out and updated on Rabies shot, then I had to quarantine her. Test came back negative (thank god) within 2 days and the kitty lock down ended. Normally it wouldn't have been so bad but with everything else and with bat viruses and bat eating people so much in news, it was an ordeal.
lol.
We have a distillery cat, tech, to keep the mice away. Pulled from the wild by the city of Denver. She's quite the mouser. We need her here because we have malting on site. Chemical free pest control!

Bit of fun trivia for you both...

All hail Towser. In the pantheon of mouse-catching machines, the famous cat from the home of The Famous Grouse reigns supreme, and it’s all about the numbers: almost a quarter of a century on duty at Glenturret, and a frankly mind-boggling 28,899 rodents liquidated.

https://scotchwhisky.com/magazine/featu ... y-mousers/
njbill

Post by njbill »

6ftstick wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:52 pm Heard this morning that when the first debates happen (if Bidens handlers allow him out) in September some early ballots will have already been cast.

6ft, you and math. :lol:

The first debate is Sept. 29. Election Day is Nov. 3.

How is that remotely 3.5 to 4 months?
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

njbill wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:33 pm
6ftstick wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:52 pm Heard this morning that when the first debates happen (if Bidens handlers allow him out) in September some early ballots will have already been cast.

Im taking into consideration that the talking head said WOULD ALREADY HAVE BEEN CAST. I dind't look it up if its August or early September. Still the same question.

Why so long to cast a ballot.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

njbill wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:33 pm

Im taking into consideration that the talking head said WOULD ALREADY HAVE BEEN CAST. I dind't look it up if its August or early September. Still the same question.

Why so long to cast a ballot.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Because guys like me who live in New Jersey need a lot of time to drive over to Pennsylvania so that I can cast my 100 ballots for Biden. They only let me vote once per day.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

njbill wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:50 pm Because guys like me who live in New Jersey need a lot of time to drive over to Pennsylvania so that I can cast my 100 ballots for Biden. They only let me vote once per day.
Thats exactly what I thought.

That gives you more time to round up drunks, homeless and clueless folks and get them to make their X on a mail in ballot.

Now seriously, Why all that time. Everyone I know goes down to the polling station the day of the election.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

6ftstick wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:54 pm
njbill wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:50 pm Because guys like me who live in New Jersey need a lot of time to drive over to Pennsylvania so that I can cast my 100 ballots for Biden. They only let me vote once per day.

That gives you more time to round up drunks, homeless and clueless folks and get them to make their X on a mail in ballot.

Now seriously, Why all that time. Everyone I know goes down to the polling station the day of the election.

Want to see how much fraud there will be this November; ask a very easy question of a guy like njbill: 'is voting fraud ethically permissable provided the end denies Donald Trump 4 more years?'

I ask my Democratic friends this all of the time. I have rarely been told no.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Beats me. I voted by mail for the first time in the New Jersey primary earlier this month. I much prefer going to the polls in person, but then I never have much of a line to deal with. I thought I would do it in the primary just to try it out.

I can certainly understand why you would vote by mail if you had to wait in a long line. I probably would.

Certainly Covid concerns are driving mail in voting.

I agree with the notion that it is better to wait until the end or close to the end to mail in your vote so that you will be aware of and able to process any last-minute developments.

Not sure what I will do in November. But if I do mail in, it will only be towards the very end.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:04 pm

Want to see how much fraud there will be this November; ask a very easy question of a guy like njbill: 'is voting fraud ethically permissable provided the end denies Donald Trump 4 more years?'

I’ll turn that around on you. Is it ethically permissible to illegally suppress the vote in order to assist Trump’s reelection?

I would answer no to both.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

njbill wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:09 pm

I’ll turn that around on you. Is it ethically permissible to illegally suppress the vote in order to assist Trump’s reelection?

False equivalency gold medal. Congrats.

Many people have legitimate legal disagreements as to what you call ‘voter suppression’. For example, if illegal immigrants now get drivers licenses in New York, and all issued drivers license holders are issued automatic voter registration, it might surprise you that normal taxpayers object to voting by non-citizens. And those kinds of arguments should be litigated.

If you cast dozens of dead peoples votes, normal taxpayers consider that a crime and there’s no litigation needed to explain why.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

^^^ weak ass bullsh!t as usual. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
a fan

Post by a fan »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:25 pm ^^^ weak ass bullsh!t as usual. :lol:
He's still struggling to come up with an answer as to why every single Republican-run State allows for mail in voting. No ID needed.

But that's cool with Republicans, right Pete!
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:19 pm If you cast dozens of dead peoples votes, normal taxpayers consider that a crime and there’s no litigation needed to explain why.
Great. So tell your Republican overlords to maintain a national database that crosses off registered voters in each State when they die.

Problem solved.

Odd. They're not even proposing that we do that. Gee, I can't square why.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:10 pm
wgdsr wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:11 pm

lol.
We have a distillery cat, tech, to keep the mice away. Pulled from the wild by the city of Denver. She's quite the mouser. We need her here because we have malting on site. Chemical free pest control!

Bit of fun trivia for you both...

All hail Towser. In the pantheon of mouse-catching machines, the famous cat from the home of The Famous Grouse reigns supreme, and it’s all about the numbers: almost a quarter of a century on duty at Glenturret, and a frankly mind-boggling 28,899 rodents liquidated.

https://scotchwhisky.com/magazine/featu ... y-mousers/
Excellent a fan... the mice don't stand a chance. Never occurred to me that you have a cat on staff, but makes sense.

Thanks for sharing that article. I wonder if there are a few bats counted somewhere in Towser's 29K tally.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:19 pm

Many people have legitimate legal disagreements as to what you call ‘voter suppression’. For example, if illegal immigrants now get drivers licenses in New York, and all issued drivers license holders are issued automatic voter registration, it might surprise you that normal taxpayers object to voting by non-citizens. And those kinds of arguments should be litigated.

If you cast dozens of dead peoples votes, normal taxpayers consider that a crime and there’s no litigation needed to explain why.
It is a false equivalency because illegal voter suppression is much more rampant than fraudulent mail in voting.

But you didn’t answer the question.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

njbill wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:43 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:19 pm

It is a false equivalency because illegal voter suppression is much more rampant than fraudulent mail in voting.

But you didn’t answer the question.

When you wrestle a pig in mud, only the pig enjoys it.
ggait

Post by ggait »

6ftstick wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:52 am
Heard this morning that when the first debates happen (if Bidens handlers allow him out) in September some early ballots will have already been cast.

Your math is a complete joke/lie. Most folks will get their ballot about 4-6 weeks before election day. Not 3.5 months (which is basically today) or four months before (July 4th). Sheesh. So just more gaslight from you Six.

And there is literally no reason to care about this. People can choose to vote whenever they want to. If you care about the debates, then watch the debates and vote later. FYI, here's how it actually works in the real world (vs. what you hear on FNC).

In CO (100% mail-in voting for years now) ballots get mailed out one month ahead. The majority of people drop box their ballots (rather than mail) the weekend before election day so they don't have to estimate how long the mail will take, or what the right postage is, or whether the weather will be bad on Tuesday. Many towns do extra drop sites (like drive thrus) and voter events the weekend before. Kind of like democracy town fairs. People bring their kids and have a teach-able moment about civics. Works great.

I will say that this year, however, I will be dropping off my ballot to vote against Trump (and all of his GOP co-conspirators) within 15 minutes of its arrival at my house. Since I'd still vote for Joe even if he shot me on 5th Avenue, no reason to wait. Yes, Trump has deranged me.

Interesting angle on mail in voting I'm hearing more and more about.

Apparently the GOP is getting increasingly worried that Trump's bleating against mail in voting is going to decrease GOP turnout for Trump and also the down ballot. GOP usually cleans up in absentee voting -- especially among oldsters who always vote that way. But since Trump is crying fraud on a daily basis, some of those GOP folks now think it is bad to vote by mail but may not get out to the physical polls. Would totally serve the GOP right.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.

Return to “POLITICS”