Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Could someone post some links to black people calling the police on whites people for doing nothing?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

I'm a descendent of a long line of confederate red necks. Doesn't offend me in the least. Trumpnista are just massive snowflakes. :roll:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:59 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:55 am
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:40 am
6ftstick wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:37 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:27 am
6ftstick wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:25 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:24 am Keep closing your eyes and putting your fingers in your ears guys.

It's a heck of way to keep from learning anything.
Take a number a get in line.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6753362/b ... rre-stunt/
6ft, you keep posting the same, dumb thing that these knuckleheads did (was it a put up job???)

Why? Do you actually think it's constructive?
Its woke. And real. And symbolic of the apologist rhetoric you blithely spill all day.

I think what that link shows is how many completely free and insane people walk our streets every day, encouraged by the Democratic mob.
go back to your fireside with your "real American REDNECKS" Petey.
You won't have to learn anything new.
Drop dem insults and name calling. The first refuge.
nope, this is a direct reference to Petey's own description of "real Americans" and who are proud to be called REDNECKS...

They apparently don't think it's an insult.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:54 am On a black person calling the police, you are again misunderstanding the challenge for black men and boys. It's not that the caller is racist, it's that they are more likely to perceive danger when the man or boy is black. This is true throughout the society, in all our messaging, and we see black police at times with these same reactions. And it doesn't matter whether the black boy or man is where they should be, dressed appropriate to their environment, driving a nice car...etc. A black person is less likely to have these perceptions of danger, but it's not a guarantee.
I worked in NYC for 2 decades, the 80s and 90s, catching the dubious end of the Koch admin and then the Dinkins mess. I traveled on foot and subways at all hours of the day, in good and bad areas, and I wasn't packing like Bernard Goetz. Looking back, I was probably quite lucky not to have had any incidents. Would I cross the street or change train cars if I felt there was a chance of something happening? You bet, unless there was a cop or two (or back then, even a Guardian Angel) visibly in area, which was rare. Am I racist because of that? No F'ing way. That's called self preservation and has nothing to do with the color of anyone's skin.
Last edited by tech37 on Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:32 am
Somebody should've surrounded this black man.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/15/man-clobb ... -protests/
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

On another front Larry Hogan has a problem. His recent book's description of what went on during Fred Gray protests does not line up with CNN and other video. Comes off as protecting police behavior for an uncalled for arrest of a protestor. Bad look.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

6ftstick wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:34 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:32 am
Somebody should've surrounded this black man.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/15/man-clobb ... -protests/

How are you helping?
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:25 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:24 am Keep closing your eyes and putting your fingers in your ears guys.

It's a heck of way to keep from learning anything.
Take a number a get in line.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6753362/b ... rre-stunt/
There are a lot of black racists out there. The press and people like to act as if it is just a white thing.
Live Free or Die!
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:24 am I'm a descendent of a long line of confederate red necks. Doesn't offend me in the least. Trumpnista are just massive snowflakes. :roll:
I, too, have a bunch of Confederacy and sympathizers and then Jim Crow in my family tree. Even a top cat in the KKK. I don't know how many owned slaves, but certainly some, both the New Orleans side on my mother's dad's tree and my father's southern Maryland and Virginia roots.

Can't say I'm proud of any of that lineage, but we make our own choices today and are responsible for them, not the choices of our ancestors. My ancestors' choices don't make me feel guilty, but certainly it was part of my upbringing to become conscious of this background, the reality of it. To my mind, there's actually an advantage in having such a background to confront. One can't just pretend it away...

On the other hand, some folks choose to pine for the Lost Cause and proudly fly the Confederate flag, heck some twisted souls get a swastika tattoo too.

And some just call others 'woke' as a pejorative, for actually caring about having our society make more progress on race and equity.

all choices.
Typical Lax Dad

6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:38 am
jhu72 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:24 am I'm a descendent of a long line of confederate red necks. Doesn't offend me in the least. Trumpnista are just massive snowflakes. :roll:
I, too, have a bunch of Confederacy and sympathizers and then Jim Crow in my family tree. Even a top cat in the KKK. I don't know how many owned slaves, but certainly some, both the New Orleans side on my mother's dad's tree and my father's southern Maryland and Virginia roots.

Can't say I'm proud of any of that lineage, but we make our own choices today and are responsible for them, not the choices of our ancestors. My ancestors' choices don't make me feel guilty, but certainly it was part of my upbringing to become conscious of this background, the reality of it. To my mind, there's actually an advantage in having such a background to confront. One can't just pretend it away...

On the other hand, some folks choose to pine for the Lost Cause and proudly fly the Confederate flag, heck some twisted souls get a swastika tattoo too.

And some just call others 'woke' as a pejorative, for actually caring about having our society make more progress on race and equity.

all choices.
My great great grandfather was on the winning side of some union Army battles in Virginia and North Carolina. That confederate flag is an insult to anyone that fought for this country.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

all choices.
I see what you did there. Called me a redneck Nazi with some tiny deniability.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:30 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:54 am On a black person calling the police, you are again misunderstanding the challenge for black men and boys. It's not that the caller is racist, it's that they are more likely to perceive danger when the man or boy is black. This is true throughout the society, in all our messaging, and we see black police at times with these same reactions. And it doesn't matter whether the black boy or man is where they should be, dressed appropriate to their environment, driving a nice car...etc. A black person is less likely to have these perceptions of danger, but it's not a guarantee.
I worked in NYC for 2 decades, the 80s and 90s, catching the dubious end of the Koch admin and then the Dinkins mess. I traveled on foot and subways at all hours of the day, in good and bad areas, and I wasn't packing like Bernard Getz. Looking back, I was probably quite lucky not to have had any incidents. Would I cross the street or change train cars if I felt there was a chance of something happening? You bet, unless there was a cop or two (or back then, even a Guardian Angel) visibly in area, which was rare. Am I racist because of that? No F'ing way. That's called self preservation and has nothing to do with the color of anyone's skin.
I'm with you 100% on taking care to avoid an "incident". We don't walk down a darkened alley by ourselves...

This doesn't make a you a "racist" and no one suggested otherwise.

Now if you're walking down a main Ave and see a group of kids walking toward you, bouncing a basketball, do you notice their skin color? Does it make a difference to your sense of concern? do you cross the street if they're black but not if they're white?

Do those boys notice your reaction on their way to basketball courts behind the church?
Typical Lax Dad

I probably could do this all day long.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:41 am

all choices.
My great great grandfather was on the winning side of some union Army battles in Virginia and North Carolina. That confederate flag is an insult to anyone that fought for this country.

What predictably woke gibberish.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:47 am

I probably could do this all day long.
Me too.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:42 am

all choices.
I see what you did there. Called me a redneck Nazi with some tiny deniability.

MD's posts have a constant feature, never a rare bug.

Return to “POLITICS”