Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
6ftstick

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by 6ftstick »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:40 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:33 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:11 am https://www.democratandchronicle.com/st ... 380067002/

Interesting story in my morning FLP fishwrapper formerly know as a newspaper. This is how mole hills are turned into mountains. These 2 young black kids were waiting outside of the school for the teacher to let them into the gym for practice. Somebody at the school thinks with all their gear and gym bags looks suspicious. They called the cops. The cops show up and in about 15 seconds determine these kids are not suspicious and then they leave. Where the hell is the controversy here? What ever happened to if you see something, say something. You FLP folks have created an environment of paranoia around any and all schools. Should a couple of black yutes waiting out front with their gym bags be considered a threat? The answer is, of course not. The facts here tell the whole story. Somebody outside of the school looked suspicious to someone that works at the school. Someone calls the police to report it. The police show up and determine there is nothing going on and they leave. The cops did not shoot anybody, the cops did not beat anybody up. The truth is this entire issue was a huge nothingburger. That is until someone complains about it to the media. Now it rates as a expansive article in a pathetic FLP fishwrapper trying desperately to make it appear to be a racist incident. GMAFB... :roll:

The school employee was surprised to see young men at an elementary school that has been closed during the pandemic, Putnam said. Also, he said, school employees have been trained to be acutely alert to intruders, given the rash of school shootings across the country in recent years.

"It is important to point out that at that time our elementary school buildings and campuses were still closed to the community," Putnam said. "I know that the young men were not privy to that information."
So "somebody" thought the boys waiting for practice with their gym bags looked "suspicious" and called the police.

Do I have that correct?

Ok, would that "somebody" have called the police if they were white?
or would that not have been as "suspicious" to that "Nancy"??
Like, maybe just approach the white boys and say hello?

We have all sorts of evidence now (given cell phone cameras) that even those who think of themselves as 'liberal' will weaponize a call to 911 when they are in a situation with a young black man and far less so with a white man.

Now, what was the experience for those two young athletes? As the police rolled up, were the boys concerned about their lives? (yes, they're not stupid). Had they been white, would they have been worried about their lives? (nope, they knew they belonged there).

Now, white boys don't ask for this "privilege" of not having someone call the police on them as they wait to get into a gym with their gym bags, nor the "privilege" of not being scared as the police roll up because they know they belong, have every right to be there...

But they do have this privilege.

Get it?

btw, in your description of the story, the police themselves did nothing wrong, but they were the tools of the person who found black kids with gym bags outside a gym to be suspicious...
Take a number a get in line.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6753362/b ... rre-stunt/
Looks like a trend.

Will this replace abortion as the new sacrament of the liberal progressive woke democrat.

https://www.newswars.com/video-white-li ... p-members/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEoobJEi73E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x_atV-3BQY
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:05 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:59 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:50 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:45 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:11 am https://www.democratandchronicle.com/st ... 380067002/

Interesting story in my morning FLP fishwrapper formerly know as a newspaper. This is how mole hills are turned into mountains. These 2 young black kids were waiting outside of the school for the teacher to let them into the gym for practice. Somebody at the school thinks with all their gear and gym bags looks suspicious. They called the cops. The cops show up and in about 15 seconds determine these kids are not suspicious and then they leave. Where the hell is the controversy here? What ever happened to if you see something, say something. You FLP folks have created an environment of paranoia around any and all schools. Should a couple of black yutes waiting out front with their gym bags be considered a threat? The answer is, of course not. The facts here tell the whole story. Somebody outside of the school looked suspicious to someone that works at the school. Someone calls the police to report it. The police show up and determine there is nothing going on and they leave. The cops did not shoot anybody, the cops did not beat anybody up. The truth is this entire issue was a huge nothingburger. That is until someone complains about it to the media. Now it rates as a expansive article in a pathetic FLP fishwrapper trying desperately to make it appear to be a racist incident. GMAFB... :roll:

The school employee was surprised to see young men at an elementary school that has been closed during the pandemic, Putnam said. Also, he said, school employees have been trained to be acutely alert to intruders, given the rash of school shootings across the country in recent years.

"It is important to point out that at that time our elementary school buildings and campuses were still closed to the community," Putnam said. "I know that the young men were not privy to that information."
So "somebody" thought the boys waiting for practice with their gym bags looked "suspicious" and called the police.

Do I have that correct?

We have all sorts of evidence now (given cell phone cameras) that even those who think of themselves as 'liberal' will weaponize a call to 11 when they are in a situation with a young black man and far less so with a white man.

Now, what was the experience for those two young athletes? As the police rolled up, were the boys concerned about their lives? (yes, they're not stupid). Had they been white, would they have been worried about their lives? (nope, they knew they belonged there).

Now, white boys don't ask for this "privilege" of not having someone call the police on them as they wait to get into a gym with their gym bags, nor the "privilege" of not being scared as the police roll up because they know they belong, have every right to be there...

Get it?

btw, in your description of the story, the police themselves did nothing wrong, but they were the tools of the person who found black kids with gym bags outside a gym to be suspicious...
"btw, in your description of the story, the police themselves did nothing wrong, but they were the tools of the person who found black kids with gym bags outside a gym to be suspicious..."

Winner, winner chicken dinner. You waded through all the BS and got the point of my message. The cops did what they were suppose to do. They responded to the call and took all of 2 minutes to be on their way. You respond in typical fashion... would they have called the cops if they were white? I sure hope so. If not what is the point of indoctrinating the entire nation that if you see something say something? In my world someone from the school could have simply walked out to the car and said "can I help you folks with something" :roll:
right, (in YOUR world) you'd say hello to the kids, after all you're supposedly someone in a position of authority at the school. Why would you be afraid of kids with gym bags outside a gym?

And that's what happens when the kids are white, most of the time.
But not if they're black.
Black boys don't live in Your world...

Get it?
Read my post above and get back to me. My dumbass brother was lucky he did not get shot.
Yes, someone sees him with guns in a parking lot.
He was indeed "lucky", though ask yourself that next question, what if he'd been black and doing this dumb thing?

of course, not exactly the same thing as a gym bag outside a gym...
Actually, the shotguns were in weapons cases. I suppose the could have just been violins. I get your point. Read my post above. If you see something, say something. To you and I two yutes with gym bags are not suspicious. Maybe the folks at this school are in need of remedial training. IMO maybe they should forget all about if you see something say something.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:09 am
6ftstick wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:40 am

Do I have that correct?

We have all sorts of evidence now (given cell phone cameras) that even those who think of themselves as 'liberal' will weaponize a call to 911 when they are in a situation with a young black man and far less so with a white man.

Get it?

Looks like a trend.

Will this replace abortion as the new sacrament of the liberal progressive woke democrat.

https://www.newswars.com/video-white-li ... p-members/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEoobJEi73E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x_atV-3BQY
Sadly I think we know someone on this forum with much experience at boot licking ... :roll:
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:06 am

Do I have that correct?

We have all sorts of evidence now (given cell phone cameras) that even those who think of themselves as 'liberal' will weaponize a call to 11 when they are in a situation with a young black man and far less so with a white man.

Get it?

"btw, in your description of the story, the police themselves did nothing wrong, but they were the tools of the person who found black kids with gym bags outside a gym to be suspicious..."

Winner, winner chicken dinner. You waded through all the BS and got the point of my message. The cops did what they were suppose to do. They responded to the call and took all of 2 minutes to be on their way. You respond in typical fashion... would they have called the cops if they were white? I sure hope so. If not what is the point of indoctrinating the entire nation that if you see something say something? In my world someone from the school could have simply walked out to the car and said "can I help you folks with something" :roll:
right, (in YOUR world) you'd say hello to the kids, after all you're supposedly someone in a position of authority at the school. Why would you be afraid of kids with gym bags outside a gym?

Get it?
In my world I am not afraid of black kids or white kids carrying gym bags. In my world I would have no problem asking them if they needed help. In this situation the school was closed and the person at the school had no idea what these two yutes were waiting outside the school for. I am not the person who came up with the logic of "if you see something, say something" that FLP claptrap my friend. Somebody at the school saw something and they said something. Ain't that what they have been trained to do?
terrorists, cradle, terrorists. And that was the Bush Admin who came up with that slogan.

These "yutes", because they are black, had a far greater risk of being considered 'suspicious' though entirely innocent and rightfully there and far greater at risk as being seen as 'dangerous' when the police rolled up...fortunately, at least as you relay it, the police handled it just fine...but how do they undo the damage to these 'yutes' who had the police roll up on them, recognizing that had they been white, they'd very likely just have had a conversation with whoever first saw them standing there...
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:20 am

Do I have that correct?

Get it?

Get it?
In my world I am not afraid of black kids or white kids carrying gym bags. In my world I would have no problem asking them if they needed help. In this situation the school was closed and the person at the school had no idea what these two yutes were waiting outside the school for. I am not the person who came up with the logic of "if you see something, say something" that FLP claptrap my friend. Somebody at the school saw something and they said something. Ain't that what they have been trained to do?
terrorists, cradle, terrorists. And that was the Bush Admin who came up with that slogan.

These "yutes", because they are black, had a far greater risk of being considered 'suspicious' though entirely innocent and rightfully there and far greater at risk as being seen as 'dangerous' when the police rolled up...fortunately, at least as you relay it, the police handled it just fine...but how do they undo the damage to these 'yutes' who had the police roll up on them, recognizing that had they been white, they'd very likely just have had a conversation with whoever first saw them standing there...
"terrorists, cradle, terrorists. And that was the Bush Admin who came up with that slogan."

In case you were unaware that same thought process has migrated everywhere across the country. I wonder how many times every day the police interact with black people? 10,000... 100,000 I have no idea. However many times a day it happens, people are not dying all over the place at the hands of the police. Astoundingly, no matter why the police were called, and I don't know how this did not happen, these officers did not shoot anyone. I don't even think they pulled their guns out. They talked to these 2 yutes and everybody went on with their day. If you want to make the case that the person at this school that called the police is a racist SOB, knock yourself out. You tell me all the time that I am entitled to my opinion. You are also entitled to your own opinion. My only point about this situation is the police did their job. They responded to a call. They realized nothing was amiss, and everyone went about their day. Should these 2 black yutes have been in fear for their lives when the cops rolled up? If these 2 yutes are to believe what they have been indoctrinated to believe, they should have been peeing their pants in fear. That is what some people want them to believe. :roll:
Bob Ross:
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

DocBarrister wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:44 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:39 am Was thinking how to solve some issues. How about we start creating "Hamsterdam's" and CHOPs in abandoned city blocks in cities like Detroit Philly/Baltimore?

May be worth the effort - Give landowners the option to sell to the the city under emminent domain and the City can then takes the property off the areas in need of police patrol. Give the police/drug addicts/criminals all a breather?

Move all criminal activity to one cordoned off area, and civilians can avoid if they don't want to be subject to lawlessness.

The caveat is adding barriers to entry- a registation process to ensure participants know what they are entering and that they waive the city of liability.

Thoughts?
So, you’re suggesting condoning off Trump supporters into one area of the city?

I think Trump is already implementing this plan ... for example, he gave the criminal Roger Stone a “breather.”

Alternatively, can we exile all Trump supporters to Idaho and call it a day? Just a suggestion.

DocBarrister 8-)
if you segregated people of a certain color to a western state, couldnt that be racist?
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:55 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:39 am Was thinking how to solve some issues. How about we start creating "Hamsterdam's" and CHOPs in abandoned city blocks in cities like Detroit Philly/Baltimore?

May be worth the effort - Give landowners the option to sell to the the city under emminent domain and the City can then takes the property off the areas in need of police patrol. Give the police/drug addicts/criminals all a breather?

Move all criminal activity to one cordoned off area, and civilians can avoid if they don't want to be subject to lawlessness.

The caveat is adding barriers to entry- a registation process to ensure participants know what they are entering and that they waive the city of liability.

Thoughts?
Did you think that up, or did you watch season 4 of The Wire?
The Wire, thus why I called it a "Hamsterdam."
With modifications...
6x6

Post by 6x6 »

Do I have that correct?

Get it?

Get it?

And how do you know these kids were traumatized as you suggest by the “damage” done by the cops? No chance the cops gave them an encouraging word, “tough deal trying to stay in game shape with this Covis deal. Have a good workout.”

Maybe you have seen this before. It happens pretty often, me and my partner did it before “community policing” was a hot button item, just like the cop says in the video.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/le ... laint-over
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Keep closing your eyes and putting your fingers in your ears guys.

It's a heck of way to keep from learning anything.

6x6, let's indeed hope that the police were great with the boys...but nevertheless, would this really have even happened if they were white?

Standing outside a gym with gym bags?
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:24 am Keep closing your eyes and putting your fingers in your ears guys.

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:25 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:24 am Keep closing your eyes and putting your fingers in your ears guys.

6ft, you keep posting the same, dumb thing that these knuckleheads did (was it a put up job???)

Why? Do you actually think it's constructive?
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Do I have that correct?

Get it?

Get it?

I doubt it but I suppose if I grew up in your Gilman/Dartmouth world MD, I might feel guilty about my so-called "white privilege" too. That doesn't mean you didn't work hard for what you have or who you are, I wouldn't know that.

And MD, your idea of what a terrorist is has certainly changed since the Bush Admin with all of the anarchy (both left and right) that Dem mayor's in sanctuary cities have abetted. Today "see something, say something" is more relevant than ever (if there are any police to be found). Although you sheepishly would consider it's usage "racist," in step with progressive group think of today. Too bad...

As for C&S's anecdote, using simple logic here... I wonder what the percentage of the student population is minority? If it's very small, then the chances of police being called on 2 black kids hanging around is greater. As far as what those black kids felt when police arrived, who's to say 2 white kids hanging around wouldn't feel the same sense of indignation. What if the person who called the police was black? That certainly blows your hypothesis out the window.
Last edited by tech37 on Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

6x6, let's indeed hope that the police were great with the boys...but nevertheless, would this really have even happened if they were white?

This happens to often...
Caller: I saw two black guys with bags standing outside a school. It didn’t look right.

Dispatcher: “Did they have weapons?”

Caller: “I am not sure, they looked suspicious”

Dispatcher: “thanks”

5 minutes later, someone is dead.

I would like to know how many times the police have been called to Walt Whitman HS because two kids were waiting outside with gym bags.
“I wish you would!”
6x6

Post by 6x6 »

Could it? Is it possible that it has and does but doesn’t get the same attention.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:27 am

6ft, you keep posting the same, dumb thing that these knuckleheads did (was it a put up job???)

Its woke. And real. And symbolic of the apologist rhetoric you blithely spill all day.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:37 am

Its woke. And real. And symbolic of the apologist rhetoric you blithely spill all day.

I think what that link shows is how many completely free and insane people walk our streets every day, encouraged by the Democratic mob.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:28 am

Do I have that correct?

Get it?

Get it?

I doubt it but I suppose if I grew up in your Gilman/Dartmouth world MD, I might feel guilty about my so-called "white privilege" too. That doesn't mean you didn't work hard for what you have or who you are, I wouldn't know that.

And MD, your idea of what a terrorist is has certainly changed since the Bush Admin with all of the anarchy (both left and right) that Dem mayor's in sanctuary cities have abetted. Today "see something, say something" is more relevant than ever. Although you sheepishly would consider it's usage "racist," in step with progressive group think of today. Too bad...

As for C&S's anecdote, using simple logic here... I wonder what the percentage of the student population is minority? If it's very small, then the chances of police being called on 2 black kids hanging around is greater. As far as what those black kids felt when police arrived, who's to say 2 white kids hanging around wouldn't feel the same sense of indignation. What if the person who called the police was black? That certainly blows your hypothesis out the window.
:D Don't feel guilty at all.

"white privilege" does not make someone racist, it doesn't mean they asked for any special advantage, nor does it mean they even know it's there most of the time, indeed they have the luxury of not knowing. That's a form a 'privilege', not even being aware.

I was fortunate to go to Gilman at a time when Gilman was pressing forward on diversity issues of all sorts, very lucky. I don't feel guilty about it. I also am quite aware of all the various advantages my family situation gave me, two parents, economically successful, living in America, etc, etc. Darn fortunate. Do I feel guilty? No. Do I feel I owe something in return, do I feel a duty to others who are less fortunate? you betcha...but I get that from my religious and moral upbringing, not some faux guilt that right wingers imagine.

On terrorist, you lost me there. Why would I think that someone seeing a bag left at an airport or in a crowd and reporting it would be "racist"?

Now, if I reported somebody wearing a head covering as suspicious but would not have done so if they weren't, maybe you could explore some Islamaphobia, but terrorists come in all stripes, indeed we've been down that hole a number of times with the large #'s of white nationalist terrorist events in the last decade, much less the experience of Jim Crow terrorism. So, report the stray bag...

On a black person calling the police, you are again misunderstanding the challenge for black men and boys. It's not that the caller is racist, it's that they are more likely to perceive danger when the man or boy is black. This is true throughout the society, in all our messaging, and we see black police at times with these same reactions. And it doesn't matter whether the black boy or man is where they should be, dressed appropriate to their environment, driving a nice car...etc. A black person is less likely to have these perceptions of danger, but it's not a guarantee.

Yes, the white kids would have a 'sense of indignation' if they were handled poorly. But would not as likely have the same fear, nor concern that they better keep their hands where they could be seen, speak softly, etc and they would again have the 'privilege' of not having to ask themselves with whether the police rolling up on them was because of their skin color.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:40 am

I think what that link shows is how many completely free and insane people walk our streets every day, encouraged by the Democratic mob.
go back to your fireside with your "real American REDNECKS" Petey.
You won't have to learn anything new.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

not remotely the same, but keep kidding yourself...it's really working for you.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:55 am
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:40 am

go back to your fireside with your "real American REDNECKS" Petey.
You won't have to learn anything new.
Drop dem insults and name calling. The first refuge.

Return to “POLITICS”