All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Peter Brown

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by Peter Brown »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:57 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:28 pm
seacoaster wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:54 pm Speaking of gubernatorial incompetence:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1283432146296864775

"Oklahoma Governor Kevin Stitt was repeatedly photographed in crowded indoor settings without a mask during the coronavirus pandemic. He has now tested positive for Covid-19."

Leadership!!!!
Uhhhhhhhhhh, that first photo is date stamped in March. Do you think he caught it then? Lol

🤡
Here you go Idiot, some more recent pictures:

https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/oklah ... fb510.html

I'm the idiot... :lol:

You're the one who posted a photo from March and say the guy is a moron for catching the 'rona.

Check yourself, son. :lol:
ggait

Post by ggait »

Petey --

Pic of the OK governor at the Trump Tulsa rally. Wonder if he was sitting close to Herman Cain?

https://www.france24.com/en/20200715-go ... r-covid-19
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

ggait wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:26 pm Petey --

Pic of the OK governor at the Trump Tulsa rally. Wonder if he was sitting close to Herman Cain?

Gosh, maybe he won't survive like the 0.0004% of persons under 50 who contract it. He could possibly get hit by lightening and have worse odds though, so who knows. He should probably just stay inside. :lol:
ggait

Post by ggait »

Maybe the OK gov will invite you Petey to a covid party at the Gov's Mansion. Should be a rocking good time!

The dumb forkery is gob smacking.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

ggait wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:33 pm Maybe the OK gov will invite you Petey to A covid party at the Gov's Mansion. Should be a rocking good time!

Truer words never spoken.

Case in point:

"Aside from the 1500 empty beds they are totally full": jhu72
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:42 pm
ggait wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:33 pm Maybe the OK gov will invite you Petey to A covid party at the Gov's Mansion. Should be a rocking good time!

Truer words never spoken.

Case in point:

"Aside from the 1500 empty beds they are totally full": jhu72
dumbass apparently doesn't understand it takes more to make an ICU bed, than just a bed. :roll:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
calourie

Post by calourie »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:29 pm
ggait wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:26 pm Petey --

Gosh, maybe he won't survive like the 0.0004% of persons under 50 who contract it. He could possibly get hit by lightening and have worse odds though, so who knows. He should probably just stay inside. :lol:
The 140,000 who have died ( :lol: ) or the 85,000 projected to die by election day (according to the reasonably accurate IHME out of Washington U.) aren't likely to feel that Governor Stitt's cavalier attitude toward the virus is working in their favor. Stitt isn't gambling with his odds, he's gambling with theirs.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

mRNA Vaccine against SARS-CoV-2 produced robust immune response in all patients

Moderna starts Phase 3 of trials on July 27th in 87 locations.

Results seem promising, and hopefully they've learned from some issues with botching the release of Phase I data. Fingers are crossed that it keeps going. We won't be able to manufacture enough for everybody for a long time (health care workers, high risk people and other VIPs will get them first), but hopefully a number of other immunizations will work as well and we can have a variety of options.

PB not having a good day with that good news, doubly so since the markets are up.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

holmes435 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:33 pm mRNA Vaccine against SARS-CoV-2 produced robust immune response in all patients

Results seem promising, and hopefully they've learned from some issues with botching the release of Phase I data. Fingers are crossed that it keeps going. We won't be able to manufacture enough for everybody for a long time (health care workers, high risk people and other VIPs will get them first), but hopefully a number of other immunizations will work as well and we can have a variety of options.

PB not having a good day with that good news, doubly so since the markets are up.
Lets hope we catch a break. Robust is good :D
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

holmes435 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:33 pm mRNA Vaccine against SARS-CoV-2 produced robust immune response in all patients

'
How am I not having a good day?!? The stock markets are en fuego! Moderna is at $80/share. Even my black sheep Gilead is almost back to cost.

Let's roll, boys, time to put America back together! Ignore the Dem haters and rioters, too many good normal American around to let the Dems hinder us. We need college football!
njbill

Post by njbill »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:50 pm Even my black sheep Gilead is almost back to cost.
Almost back to cost? You told me to buy it at $84. It’s now at $76. Is that University of Florida math?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

did you see a timetable/# doses on the potential rollout?

i'd seen they signed deals with 2 manufacturers, starting up in july at least with one of them.
and one of them the headline was a billion doses per year (they've been using 2 doses per patient in trials).

one of the manuf had also struck a big deal with AZ/oxford.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:06 pm

i'd seen they signed deals with 2 manufacturers, starting up in july at least with one of them.
and one of them the headline was a billion doses per year (they've been using 2 doses per patient in trials).

I haven't seen a timetable, but some people were speculating if everything goes great, Phase 3 could potentially wrap up in October. They would then need to get an Emergency Use Authorization. As far as doses, the only thing I've seen is they're hoping for 100 million doses by Q4 ramping up to that billion per year.
Typical Lax Dad

holmes435 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:52 pm

I haven't seen a timetable, but some people were speculating if everything goes great, Phase 3 could potentially wrap up in October. They would then need to get an Emergency Use Authorization. As far as doses, the only thing I've seen is they're hoping for 100 million doses by Q4 ramping up to that billion per year.
I read where you will need two doses and not sure if it’s a 3 month protection.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
calourie

Post by calourie »

Is Petey open to listening to a sensible republican? There are a couple out there even regarding the sensitive issue of not being a total dumbazz about feeling the need to address Covid as an ongoing serious matter. Mississippi's Reeves has really stepped up to the plate after some initial downplaying of the disruptive probabilities that the virus was projected to have on his state.
Last edited by calourie on Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

holmes435 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:52 pm

https://www.fiercepharma.com/manufactur ... e-prospect
https://www.fiercepharma.com/manufactur ... ing-tie-up
https://investors.modernatx.com/news-re ... laboration

search didn't see another manuf other than lonza. catalent is a fill and finisher and that may be what i saw.
lonza releases say it'll add to what moderna can do, and mention 10x production capacity so maybe is much smaller.
if they have success interim in stage 2, i'd expect they may have another deal to announce.
both moderna and AZ mention "at risk", so they may be taking a lot on themselves.

*edited
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Even if the impossible were to happen and we have a valid vaccine this year, do you really think that we can get it out in any sort of timely and orderly fashion?

We are 4.5 months into this and still have people clamoring for a COVID test!

March 1, 2020:
IMPOTUS o d insisted "anybody that needs a" test to detect the new coronavirus "gets a test."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_XwC9IQKBc

Isn't the testing number skewed? The number of tests is NOT the number of Americans getting tested. No one in my immediate family has been tested but I have friends in the medical field who have now been tested over 10 times each!!! I am sure that the white house staff, Congress, NBA, MLB, etc... have all been tested multiples times, each freaking week!

Testing Data in the U.S.
Updated July 15, 2020

TOTAL TESTS 45,429,824
POSITIVE TESTS REPORTED 4,146,543
% OF POSITIVE TESTS 9%

I read somewhere that the number of individual Americans who have been tested is could be as low as 45% of the total tests given; 20mm citizens of 328mm (6% of our total population)

What if the positive test report, instead of total tests, is put against a 50% ratio of unique individuals given the test; suddenly the reporting is that 18% of individuals given the test report positive.

Is this not possible?
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

of course it's possible.
we also have probably somewhere bt 15 and 50 million people who have gotten it.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Weekly COVID deaths for the 3 hottest states. Ending 7/14/20.
3 State COVID.gif
3 State COVID.gif (25.79 KiB) Viewed 1861 times
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM

Return to “POLITICS”