Progressive Ideology

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Peter Brown

Re: Progressive Ideology

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:27 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:16 pm I would not be 'scared' to go into a packed indoor sports stadium to watch two games in a row.

Pete, you and I both know that no matter how many people die from this, you're going to pretend like you don't care here at the forum. So really, just sell it somewhere else.

I thought a mask kept me safe?
a fan

Post by a fan »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:23 pm
Studies from western countries who've opened schools: no evidence children significantly transmit the virus to adults.
"Significantly". And how old is this virus again, 6ft?
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:30 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:27 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:16 pm I would not be 'scared' to go into a packed indoor sports stadium to watch two games in a row.

Pete, you and I both know that no matter how many people die from this, you're going to pretend like you don't care here at the forum. So really, just sell it somewhere else.
I thought a mask kept me safe?
Who cares about masks or Covid? Didn't you tell us we're not allowed to worry about anything until violence in Chicago ends?
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

a fan wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:32 pm
6ftstick wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:23 pm
Studies from western countries who've opened schools: no evidence children significantly transmit the virus to adults.
"Significantly". And how old is this virus again, 6ft?
I'm so tired of you TDS folks sh*ting all over knowledgable people speaking the actiual science because it doesn't fit your get rid of Trump agenda. IS THERE NOTHING WE CAN FN BELIEVE ANYMORE. Must you cast doubts over any positive news.

LISTEN to Scot Atlas in that interview Telling you the science. And he sounds extremely credible to me.
njbill

Post by njbill »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:23 pm Studies from western countries who've opened schools: no evidence children significantly transmit the virus to adults.

https://news.yahoo.com/dr-scott-atlas-t ... 47107.html
Saw that report, too, but from a different source (not Fox News).

I didn’t see a link to the actual studies, but from the write up, I couldn’t tell if they broke down their results by age group (e.g., elementary, middle, and high school). Also, I don’t think the study included college age kids.

My understanding (and this is just from what I read) is that the youngest kids may be less likely to be contagious even if they have the virus, although that changes (deteriorates) the older the kid gets. So that, for example, high school kids might be more likely to transmit the disease than kindergartners. And then by college-age, they become even more contagious.

Having said that, the studies certainly are encouraging. Unfortunately, like has happened with so many aspects of this disease, it seems to be too early to draw any firm conclusions.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:23 pm Studies from western countries who've opened schools: no evidence children significantly transmit the virus to adults.

Israelis Fear Schools Reopened Too Soon as Covid-19 Cases Climb

"In recent weeks, the number of new cases of Covid-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus, has risen to around 1,500 per day nationwide from a low of fewer than 50 a day about two months ago."
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

holmes435 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:55 pm

"In recent weeks, the number of new cases of Covid-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus, has risen to around 1,500 per day nationwide from a low of fewer than 50 a day about two months ago."
Which means what? We shutdown forever and never allow others to enter or leave our country, like New Zealand?

The left was and still is in a fit when he tries to stop people coming in without first testing them on our southern border and god forbid we quarantine them first, that would in humane or not very hospitable. Are you still okay we just let them ebb and flow as they please...knowing what you do know.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:42 pm I'm so tired of you TDS folks sh*ting all over knowledgable people speaking the actiual science because it doesn't fit your get rid of Trump agenda
Where the F is this coming from? YOU ARE THE ONE POLITICIZING THIS.

I didn't say one word about Trump. Not one. So sell your "protect poor TrumpyPants at all costs" somewhere else. I ain't buying.
6ftstick wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:42 pm LISTEN to Scot Atlas in that interview Telling you the science. And he sounds extremely credible to me.
He is credible. The problem, which he will acknowledge if you ask him, is that he's working on just a few weeks of data. That's not solid science. And, of course, he'll tell you that.

And you can also ask him: does this conclusion when it comes to children hold true if the Virus mutates?

See what he says. You and TrumpLand are all in on this "it ain't a big deal" nonsense, and have been from the word go. You don't care that north of 100K people have died. So you desperately grasp to anyone---any study, any paper----that will support the conclusion you reached 10 months ago, before you had one lick of evidence, and before 100K people died in the US.

You think a pandemic is a plot against Trump. And you don't seem to get how insane that is.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

a fan wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:14 pm
6ftstick wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:42 pm I'm so tired of you TDS folks sh*ting all over knowledgable people speaking the actiual science because it doesn't fit your get rid of Trump agenda
Where the F is this coming from? YOU ARE THE ONE POLITICIZING THIS.

I didn't say one word about Trump. Not one. So sell your "protect poor TrumpyPants at all costs" somewhere else. I ain't buying.
6ftstick wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:42 pm LISTEN to Scot Atlas in that interview Telling you the science. And he sounds extremely credible to me.
He is credible. The problem, which he will acknowledge if you ask him, is that he's working on just a few weeks of data. That's not solid science. And, of course, he'll tell you that.

And you can also ask him: does this conclusion when it comes to children hold true if the Virus mutates?

See what he says. You and TrumpLand are all in on this "it ain't a big deal" nonsense, and have been from the word go. You don't care that north of 100K people have died. So you desperately grasp to anyone---any study, any paper----that will support the conclusion you reached 10 months ago, before you had one lick of evidence, and before 100K people died in the US.

You think a pandemic is a plot against Trump. And you don't seem to get how insane that is.
Bull start to finish. The pandemic isn't a plot against Trump. The media created confusion and fear about it and you enablers are.

Theres only 4 months left in the election year. You have a sh*tty candidate and a horrendous party platform. the pandemic and its effect on the economy is all you got.
a fan

Post by a fan »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:20 pm Bull start to finish. The pandemic isn't a plot against Trump. The media created confusion and fear and you enablers are.
:lol: In every country in the free world? They shut down in the EU, and sowed fear and "created confusion" because.....of Donald Trump.

Even you understand how ridiculous that is.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

a fan wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:23 pm
6ftstick wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:20 pm Bull start to finish. The pandemic isn't a plot against Trump. The media created confusion and fear and you enablers are.
:lol: In every country in the free world? They shut down in the EU, and sowed fear and "created confusion" because.....of Donald Trump.

I think you're underestimating someone.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

In every country in the world? What the heck are you talking about.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:25 pm

I think you're underestimating someone.
A leopard can't change its condescending spots eh the previous Moderator.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:12 pm

Which means what? We shutdown forever and never allow others to enter or leave our country, like New Zealand?

The left was and still is in a fit when he tries to stop people coming in without first testing them on our southern border and god forbid we quarantine them first, that would in humane or not very hospitable. Are you still okay we just let them ebb and flow as they please...knowing what you do know.
Shutting down the border now is closing the barn door after the horse got out, but I'm all for testing (not sure what lefties are in a fit about that?) Since March I've been saying we needed and still need more testing. Anyone who wants a test should be getting it. This is basic infrastructure funding that we could have also used as an economic booster had we invested in it.

Reopening schools in any normal manner with cases and deaths rising is just another bad decision and lack of leadership from the top that we've had to deal with since this thing arrived.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:26 pm

You're right; they didn't shut down Brazil, heck they pooh poohed it...assuming you consider Brazil part of the 'free world'...
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

holmes435 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:30 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:12 pm

Shutting down the border now is closing the barn door after the horse got out, but I'm all for testing (not sure what lefties are in a fit about that?) Since March I've been saying we needed and still need more testing. Anyone who wants a test should be getting it. This is basic infrastructure funding that we could have also used as an economic booster had we invested in it.

Reopening schools in any normal manner with cases and deaths rising is just another bad decision and lack of leadership from the top that we've had to deal with since this thing arrived.
Oh please sans 5 democrat governors screwing seniors in nursings homes we have the lowest death rate on the planet.
a fan

Post by a fan »

I'm talking about the fact that every country in the world did the same thing we did, 6ft. Shut down businesses. Shut down borders. Masks. Distancing. Media "shockingly" reporting all the deaths. All of it.

So you can't turn around and say that when America does the same freaking thing, "it's a plot to take out Trump".
njbill

Post by njbill »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:20 pm Theres only 4 months left in the election year. You have a sh*tty candidate and a horrendous party platform. the pandemic and its effect on the economy is all you got.
:lol: Sure looking like it will be more than enough. Certainly more than what you got.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

a fan wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:50 pm

I'm talking about the fact that every country in the world did the same thing we did, 6ft. Shut down businesses. Shut down borders. Masks. Distancing. Media "shockingly" reporting all the deaths. All of it.

So you can't turn around and say that when America does the same freaking thing, "it's a plot to take out Trump".
Can you pay the slightest attention.

The plot is the US media and the democrats creating complete confusion on the virus, Wear a mask don't wear a mask. The analysis of totals are incomplete and innacurate—never to the positive side. Open up NO DON"T OPEN. Kids need to go to school TRUMP WILL KILL KIDS to get elected. Protesting by the thousands good, going to church or the beach not good.

Its all political nonsense. And they're seeing to it you can't believe anything. Credible people are dismissed or cancelled. Just like you just diid with Dr Atlas. So the fallback is fear and inaction.

Add in the democrats fostering lawlessness and murder in the streets. Media led personal assaults against opposing opinion. Just like happens here.

Its all geared to win the election.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

njbill wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:53 pm
6ftstick wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:20 pm Theres only 4 months left in the election year. You have a sh*tty candidate and a horrendous party platform. the pandemic and its effect on the economy is all you got.
:lol: Sure looking like it will be more than enough. Certainly more than what you got.
… hey, they have a strong hand, racism, xenophobia, misogyny and just straight up crazy as sh!thouse rats. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM

Return to “POLITICS”