2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: 2020 Elections - Enough Divisiveness Already

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

The first time I have seen Trump speak in a while.... His hair is white!

Who under 62 1/2 years old on this board is a Trump Supporter!
“I wish you would!”
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

ardilla secreta wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:09 pm I like to use the Goya canned peas when I go ice fishing. Drill a hole in the ice, open a can of Goya peas and place several peas around the perimeter of the hole. When the fish comes out of the water to take a pea, you hit it on the head with a Ronco fish club (also a can opener).
So, let me get this straight ...

... your idea of relaxation is to cut a hole into some ice,

... leave a few morsels of food around the hole,

... invite an innocent, trusting, and hungry fish to a delicious repast,

... and then, like the “Red Wedding” on Game of Thrones, just as your piscatorial dinner guest is savoring his meal and enjoying your hospitality,

... you use a crude weapon costing $19.95 (plus shipping and handling) to inflict blunt traumatic brain injury on your invited guest?!?

THAT is your idea of entertainment?!?

:shock:

DocBarrister :o
@DocBarrister
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:50 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:19 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:59 pm
wgdsr wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:53 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:00 pm
ardilla secreta wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:53 pm There’s nothing exotic nor exceptional about Goya’s core products, which are bagged dried beans and canned beans. If I’m going to buy either, and I do, then I’m going to buy Wegman’s brand and support local. There’s really nothing else they make that I would choose over another brand and I don’t ever eat those vile Vienna snausages.
We do a lot of chili in our household, so I agree, the beans are where it's at for our usage. Nothing else seems to be in our pantry or regular usage. And, yeah, Wegman's offers a perfectly fine substitute.

and definitely their meat products are pretty nasty.
i don't know all their products we use, beans are definitely one of them. meat is good?
pina coladas are my only foo foo drink other than frozen margaritas, and AS if there's any pina colada in you, their cream of coconut is the only play readily avail that i ever find. haven't had one in a while and now i'm thirsty.
Meat is highly processed and looks disgusting. You'd eat it if in a bomb shelter stuff, to my eye.

Beans are the big play for them, both canned and dry, but basically a commodity product.
My grandfather always said the same thing about processed meats. He worked in the meatpacking business his whole life. "If you saw how they made it you would never eat it" He said that all the time. If anybody ever actually watched a hog being butchered you would probably be a vegan. Gramps said there was only one part of the pig that could not be used... the squeel... Myself I still have a massive love affair with bacon. The more fat the better. My next door neighbor growing up was an old Polish woman. She asked my grandfather if he could get her some pig ears. Pigs ear pudding is a Polish delicacy... I guess. :? My grandfather brought the pig ears home and I had to bring them over to Grandma Margis. I might as well have handed her a 10 pound bag of gold. I will never forget what she said to me and I was about 10 years olds... "tell your grandfather I need to kiss his ass" :lol:

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view ... ajaxhist=0
Ever heard of olive loaf or liverwurst? My mother and grandmother liked both. Foul.

Also some nasty stuff called port wine cheese.
Liverwurst and braunschweiger are an acquired taste; but I managed to get my daughters to love them; along with scrapple. New Zealand son in law has not yet come on board.

But he has managed to get me to try adding beans to my breakfast routine. We have both Wegman and Trader Joe cans in the pantry. Trader Joe could be Goya, anyone know?
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:09 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:46 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:26 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:21 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:02 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:01 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:55 pm
HooDat wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:33 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:57 am The boycott will benefit other latin owned businesses, including their employees.
so far it seems the "boycott" is benefiting Goya Foods..... :roll:

But, yes - if you are going to air your politics on a big stage, you are going to face some consequences. Maybe they'll be negative, maybe they'll be positive. But you can't expect to play politics and not have other people "play back"..... ;)

I'm gonna buy some today and give it to my church food bank. Think I'll keep doing that for a while. Support real Americans like the Goya family.
Go for it Petey. Trumpists unite.
Are you serious...buying Goya is now Trumpist?
To the Trumpists of Fox Nation.
They're running a social media campaign to buy Goya products.

But yeah, the owner and CEO of Goya apparently is a Trump supporter.
He made a choice to be political.

His right, his choice.
So if your wife boys Goya, she is a Trumpist Fox Nation person...do I have that right?
come on, please read my posts.

We have Goya products in our pantry, have no issue with them previously, and would not have ever thought two seconds about the politics of the owner had he not put a spotlight on himself and then doubled down.

And since my wife is indeed not a Trumpist Fox Nation person and generally well informed, (especially in the arena of food, which is our business after all, of which she is the CEO), I would be willing to bet she'll choose Wegman's store brand given a choice and look for other alternatives if a particular recipe calls for a product Goya makes. I see plenty of store brand products in this category already on the shelf as she tends to be a frugal shopper to begin with, so, heck it might have been my own shopping trips when the Goya stuff was bought. I'll look for the alternative when available going forward.

I'm not rabid about this stuff, don't spend my time looking for causes to support or boycott, but this one popped up right in our wheel house, so...

EDIT, just checked and the pantry is about 3:1 Wegmans to Goya in beans, all sorts, also almost all diced tomatoes etc are Wegmans. Bunch of cans of Contadina tomato paste, which is a Del Monte brand.
You have beans in your pantry! LOL

Oh I see you can't be a racist cause you have a few black acquaintances.
such a stupid comment. :roll:

So, Ivanka (illegally) tweets out her support for Goya ...yup, Trumpists Unite
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:36 am An observation.
The discontinuity, the disequilibrium, is indeed accelerating.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

CU88 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:14 am
ardilla secreta wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:53 pm There’s nothing exotic nor exceptional about Goya’s core products, which are bagged dried beans and canned beans. If I’m going to buy either, and I do, then I’m going to buy Wegman’s brand and support local. There’s really nothing else they make that I would choose over another brand and I don’t ever eat those vile Vienna snausages.
We do a lot of chili in our household, so I agree, the beans are where it's at for our usage. Nothing else seems to be in our pantry or regular usage. And, yeah, Wegman's offers a perfectly fine substitute.

i don't know all their products we use, beans are definitely one of them. meat is good?
pina coladas are my only foo foo drink other than frozen margaritas, and AS if there's any pina colada in you, their cream of coconut is the only play readily avail that i ever find. haven't had one in a while and now i'm thirsty.
Meat is highly processed and looks disgusting. You'd eat it if in a bomb shelter stuff, to my eye.

Beans are the big play for them, both canned and dry, but basically a commodity product.
My grandfather always said the same thing about processed meats. He worked in the meatpacking business his whole life. "If you saw how they made it you would never eat it" He said that all the time. If anybody ever actually watched a hog being butchered you would probably be a vegan. Gramps said there was only one part of the pig that could not be used... the squeel... Myself I still have a massive love affair with bacon. The more fat the better. My next door neighbor growing up was an old Polish woman. She asked my grandfather if he could get her some pig ears. Pigs ear pudding is a Polish delicacy... I guess. :? My grandfather brought the pig ears home and I had to bring them over to Grandma Margis. I might as well have handed her a 10 pound bag of gold. I will never forget what she said to me and I was about 10 years olds... "tell your grandfather I need to kiss his ass" :lol:

Ever heard of olive loaf or liverwurst? My mother and grandmother liked both. Foul.

Liverwurst and braunschweiger are an acquired taste; but I managed to get my daughters to love them; along with scrapple. New Zealand son in law has not yet come on board.

But he has managed to get me to try adding beans to my breakfast routine. We have both Wegman and Trader Joe cans in the pantry. Trader Joe could be Goya, anyone know?
If you are half German like myself, the love for liverwurst is built in genetically. Wurst on rye with mustard and some raw onions. :D Anyone ever had blood sausage? If you can get past the name it is actually mighty tasty on a Ritz cracker with a good German beer.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:57 am

If you are half German like myself, the love for liverwurst is built in genetically. Wurst on rye with mustard and some raw onions. :D Anyone ever had blood sausage? If you can get past the name it is actually mighty tasty on a Ritz cracker with a good German beer.
I'm not German, but liverwurst and onions on rye with mustard was go to must at one of the delis I used to frequent.

But then I love me some crisp scrapple too...
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

CU88

Post by CU88 »

My heritage is a mix of eastern European countries, so there might be some German taste buds in play. Was in Germany a couple of years ago and gained 5 pounds. All food was great, but my favorite was in Regensburg, from a stone hut that has been serving food since 1135! Their sausage and mustard stunned me. A must try and it is 1.5 hours south east of Nuremberg.

I know blood sausage as kishka and agree sliced on a Ritz cracker with a good beer is heaven on earth.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:00 am

I'm not German, but liverwurst and onions on rye with mustard was go to must at one of the delis I used to frequent.

Never tried scrapple. Is it like fried spam? BTW, I knew there something about you I really liked. Anybody that loves wurst on rye with onions and mustard is an All American in my book. My Italian wife has the same love for tripe. Tripe is one of those foods I could not eat if you put a gun to my head... nasty, nasty, nasty.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

CU88 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:10 am

My heritage is a mix of eastern European countries, so there might be some German taste buds in play. Was in Germany a couple of years ago and gained 5 pounds. All food was great, but my favorite was in Regensburg, from a stone hut that has been serving food since 1135! Their sausage and mustard stunned me. A must try and it is 1.5 hours south east of Nuremberg.

I know blood sausage as kishka and agree sliced on a Ritz cracker with a good beer is heaven on earth.
There are no more old school German Deli's around where I live anymore. I have not seen blood sausage for sale in many years.
Bob Ross:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Is Jeff Sessions really a tella tubby?
telly tubby.jpg
telly tubby.jpg (110.33 KiB) Viewed 1141 times
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:11 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:00 am

Never tried scrapple. Is it like fried spam? BTW, I knew there something about you I really liked. Anybody that loves wurst on rye with onions and mustard is an All American in my book. My Italian wife has the same love for tripe. Tripe is one of those foods I could not eat if you put a gun to my head... nasty, nasty, nasty.
Scrapple is typically found from Philly to Virginia, my favorite is made on the Eastern Shore of MD.
Here's an article, https://food52.com/blog/25126-what-is-scrapple

I order it at old school diners, with eggs over medium, hash browns, etc, mix it all up......not exactly the healthiest of meals! But man is it good.

Ask for it to be crisp, as it's sometimes cut too thick and the insides are not adequately cooked...yuck.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:26 am Scrapple is typically found from Philly to Virginia, my favorite is made on the Eastern Shore of MD.

I order it at old school diners, with eggs over medium, hash browns, etc, mix it all up......not exactly the healthiest of meals! But man is it good.

Ask for it to be crisp, as it's sometimes cut too thick and the insides are not adequately cooked...yuck.
MD is correct on all of this.

Although I grew up partial to Rapa. Used to drive by their HQ on the way to Rehoboth (which i guess makes me a DE fan vs eastern shore......)
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

HooDat wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:28 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:26 am Scrapple is typically found from Philly to Virginia, my favorite is made on the Eastern Shore of MD.

MD is correct on all of this.

Although I grew up partial to Rapa. Used to drive by their HQ on the way to Rehoboth (which i guess makes me a DE fan vs eastern shore......)
:D Typical Marylander, I assumed they were on MD's side of the Eastern Shore, but they're just above the line in Delaware. Still "eastern shore".

Looking at the map, they're southeast of Baltimore, southeast of the Bay Bridge. We think of Delaware as north of us, but the shore extends southward a good ways.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Per a new Monmouth poll, Biden is up 13% in Pennsylvania.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

njbill wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:22 pm Per a new Monmouth poll, Biden is up 13% in Pennsylvania.
A question, are people telling the truth? I think that just like in 2016, people don't want anyone to know that they are voting for o d. Yet, when the the voting booth the cast their vote for the racist bigot.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:22 pm Per a new Monmouth poll, Biden is up 13% in Pennsylvania.
Anybody tell Joe? Can he comprehend the lead? :D
Bob Ross:
njbill

Post by njbill »

CU88 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:47 pm
A question, are people telling the truth? I think that just like in 2016, people don't want anyone to know that they are voting for o d. Yet, when the the voting booth the cast their vote for the racist bigot.
I frankly have never really bought into that theory. Sure, you might not want to tell your neighbors at a barbecue that you support Trump. But why would you lie to an anonymous pollster who calls you on the phone? That never made any sense to me.

After the 2016 election, there was all of that stuff about the polls being inaccurate. Well, the national polls really were pretty accurate, within the margin of error.

Don’t remember the last polling in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Michigan, but weren’t those states also very close at the end? Yes, Hillary was ahead, but I think her lead was within the margin of error.

Having said all that, this Monmouth poll might be an outlier. I certainly don’t think Joe will win Pennsylvania by 13 points. But I think he will do better than Hillary and that he will win the state.

I have long thought that the coronavirus would be a pass fail test for Trump. If he performed well, he would be reelected. If even through no effort on his part, the virus faded away, the country reopened, and the economy rebounded, I thought he had a very good chance of getting reelected.

It seems less and less likely that the virus will fade away and that the economy will have rebounded by Election Day. So Trump needs something else to win.

A major Biden stumble? Possible of course. It has to happen, though.

Maybe Trump will talk Putin into launching a war against the US. (I’m being facetious.)

The competing October surprises will be very interesting. I’m sure both sides are holding back their biggies until then.

Return to “POLITICS”