Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
ardilla secreta

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by ardilla secreta »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:31 pm You folks are now jaw jacking about baseball? What next? Soccer.... :roll: Maybe we can include some bowling in just to finish off what little sanity I have left.
What’s your favorite bean?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

ardilla secreta wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:33 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:31 pm You folks are now jaw jacking about baseball? What next? Soccer.... :roll: Maybe we can include some bowling in just to finish off what little sanity I have left.
Mine is Jelly and then Boston. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
DMac

Post by DMac »

Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Defeat the Democrat mob:

5F12364E-4614-4141-88AD-8275F5EDBDC9.jpeg
5F12364E-4614-4141-88AD-8275F5EDBDC9.jpeg (133.83 KiB) Viewed 1192 times

:lol:
ardilla secreta

DMac wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:07 pm Mine is Mr.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGqP54lv9q4
Just as I thought. Dmac’s favorite bean is a human bean.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:00 pm Defeat the Democrat mob:

If the sales go up significantly,...that oughta say something about the election results.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
ardilla secreta

And the question is: What is a pandemic shopping restriction notice applied to a variety of meats, rice, pasta, canned goods, enemas, milk, nipple clips, beets, dog food, rutabagas.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:20 pm

If the sales go up significantly,...that oughta say something about the election results.
Because only Latinos buy Goya! No way deplorables would by Mexican beans!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

ardilla secreta wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:25 pm

And the question is: What is a pandemic shopping restriction notice applied to a variety of meats, rice, pasta, canned goods, enemas, milk, nipple clips, beets, dog food, rutabagas.
My local Publix, which I was at this afternoon, has that particular sign in numerous areas, and has for weeks... Has nothing to do with the Goya brand specifically, but the fact that beans are selling out constantly, and the supply is short (no matter who is producing them).
Typical Lax Dad

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:27 pm

My local Publix, which I was at this afternoon, has that particular sign in numerous areas, and has for weeks... Has nothing to do with the Goya brand specifically, but the fact that beans are selling out constantly, and the supply is short (no matter who is producing them).
YA probably moved that sign himself! Moved it from the toilet paper to the beans!!

“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:45 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:27 pm

YA probably moved that sign himself! Moved it from the toilet paper to the beans!!

~Livy

holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

ardilla secreta wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:14 pm
DMac wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:07 pm Mine is Mr.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGqP54lv9q4
Just as I thought. Dmac’s favorite bean is a human bean.
Typical Lax Dad

I learned something.
“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

You can see, TLD, these people don't need to be taught how to think like the white man does (and why the white man would like them to). If they're not offended by the Redskins football team name, they don't need a white guy to tell them why they should be, and if a white guy won't hire a native because he thinks that way, shame on him. But the white man, black man, and yellow man have made sure the name is changed for the red man (or because it makes them feel so good and righteous regardless of what the red man thinks).
ardilla secreta

Haudenosaunee Statement on Mascots

Haudenosaunee Statement on Mascots

The Nation regards the depiction of natives as mascots defamatory to our people. In brief, here are a few of the reasons why:

Non-native peoples tend to view animals as beneath humans. Since most mascots are animals, people equivocate between teams and their mascots. Their mascot is just as good as the next. Or our mascot is better than your mascot and therefore you have the belief that the Bears are superior to the Indians.

Mascots tend to suspend natives in time. When our white brothers first entered the land, they saw the young Onondaga men as fierce, bold, tough, and dressed in animal skins. Today, young Onondaga men and women have intricate and beautiful regalia worn for the Creator and also modern clothing worn to suit going to high school, college and earning a living.

Mascots are stereotypical. In trying to understand a different culture of people of various languages, government, and clothing, native people were lumped into one generic figure that could be identified as “Indian.” Therefore mascots are usually not representative of the Haudenosaunee people.

Fighting and skin color is not our only positive trait. Although it is true that Onondaga and its Haudenosaunee allies have proven themselves in battle, there are other gifts that we are thankful for. Onondagas honor and foster many other traits such as diplomacy, artisans, educators, agriculturists, hunters, musicians, architects, and philosophers to name a few. The Creator gives us all a special gift and it is the combination of all these gifts that make us the complex diverse nation of people we are today.

Natives are the only race depicted as mascots. Society has recognized the inappropriateness of cultures being made into caricatures, put on helmets, t-shirts and bumper stickers. The fact that schools and organizations have “always” been the Braves, Chiefs, Red Men, Redskins, Warriors, or Indians, does not give the community the right to defame a culture.

The Onondaga Nation Council of Chiefs has long held the belief that mascots are offensive. In 1970, the chiefs met with Syracuse University about the Saltine Warrior mascot. The chiefs recognized the responsibility of the University to be culturally respectful. The depiction of an Indian running around in leather and a Sioux war bonnet was not only incorrect, but offensive. The chiefs explained that there was no dignity within the native community when the Saltine Warrior meets and jousts with wildcats, hogs, bulldogs in front of thousands of people. After a year of negations, the Chancellor agreed with the Onondaga leaders that the Saltine Warrior mascot was offensive and was removed.

https://www.onondaganation.org/governme ... n-mascots/
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:20 pm

Nothing drives a lib more insane than when their preferred method of mob hysteria backfires. It doesn't dissuade them per se (look at Baltimore City homicide rate...you'd think a normal human being might reflect that the liberal policies of that city for decades might have something to do with the excessive murder rates, but of course the Dems won't consider that), but it does drive them mad.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:46 pm
Mine is Jelly and then Boston. :lol:
https://www.ferraracandyshopusa.com/bra ... beans.html
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Cradle I covered bowling in another thread already.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
DMac

Post by DMac »

Knew about that, a s, but that doesn't change this.

2019 A new survey of Native American opinions on the Washington Redskins’ nickname once again demonstrates underwhelming opposition to the moniker and just how out of touch the so-called “mainstream media” really is. The new survey duplicates the Washington Post’s 2016 poll finding that 90 percent of Natives are not offended by the Redskins’ nickname. The word most used is “pride” much to the disappointment of writers at the Post, including Theresa Vargas, who insists the name is a dictionary-defined slur, no matter how many people accept the word. (paragraph 1)
https://naguardians.org/polling/
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:37 am
Cradle I covered bowling in another thread already.
I use to love to bowl. Watching it on TV... :roll:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”