The Nation's Financial Condition

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
CU77

Re: The Nation's Financial Condition

Post by CU77 »

Trump continues to carry water for the 1%
Senate Democrats have proposed a $430 billion cash infusion for schools and child-care programs, but the White House has shown little interest. During a TV interview on Monday, National Economic Council director Larry Kudlow indicated that President Trump is more concerned about making sure the next stimulus package has a capital-gains tax cut than funding for schools and child care.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... story.html

Yeah, that's what all the people out of work need. A capital-gains tax cut.

Tax capital the same as labor!

Why is this not a movement??
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I’ve been arguing for parity for more than a decade. I still don’t loathe Bush but it was pretty evident within 2 or so years of his reduction in cap gains that it skewed away from productive activity and favored capital too much. buybacks are legal and rational but not productive as much as I’d wish they were. Having an arcane tax code that allows for all sorts of arbitrage and frictions that are net losers for the country collectively.

Every law, regulation, etc favors one party over another. Parity levels the field.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

The federal gov’t isn’t giving California the $1Trillion bailout Gavin asked for, so he's going to punish the businesses and people of California hoping it will pressure the Feds to give in.

Great job, Dems!!!!

Doing all they can to lose in 2020!!
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:04 am The federal gov’t isn’t giving California the $1Trillion bailout Gavin asked for, so he's going to punish the businesses and people of California hoping it will pressure the Feds to give in.

Great job, Dems!!!!

Trump should probably pay them...otherwise they'll leave and ruin the other states. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:06 am
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:04 am The federal gov’t isn’t giving California the $1Trillion bailout Gavin asked for, so he's going to punish the businesses and people of California hoping it will pressure the Feds to give in.

Great job, Dems!!!!

Trump should probably pay them...otherwise they'll leave and ruin the other states. :lol:

I really hate to hear when Californians depart for other states. They ruin everything they touch, like economic locusts.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Great job, Dems!!!!

Boy is it going to be fun watching allllll the Republican flyover States fall apart in the coming years.

Please, by all means, don't help individual States. End all bailouts. California will be fine.

How are those tourism dollars doin' in Florida, Pete? And the budget cuts at your alma mater?

But you don't care, right? Because you already have your degree, so F the next generation of students, right?

"I got mine, screw everyone else", right Pete? Would you like me to make you a bumper sticker out of your new motto? ;)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I got mine. Why pay for the extra print.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:59 am

Great job, Dems!!!!

Boy is it going to be fun watching allllll the Republican flyover States fall apart in the coming years.

Please, by all means, don't help individual States. End all bailouts. California will be fine.

How are those tourism dollars doin' in Florida, Pete? And the budget cuts at your alma mater?

But you don't care, right? Because you already have your degree, so F the next generation of students, right?

"I got mine, screw everyone else", right Pete? Would you like me to make you a bumper sticker out of your new motto? ;)

Florida still has a surplus (called a rainy day fund)...California not so much.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

All the Democrats here suitably sad yet?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/global-sto ... 1594717292

YTD.png
YTD.png (9.08 KiB) Viewed 1188 times

Almost back, baby! I can taste those liberal tears.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:30 pm

Great job, Dems!!!!

Great. Don't take a bailout. I have NO PROBLEM not sending you my borrowed money.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:59 pm All the Democrats here suitably sad yet?

YTD.png

:lol: You think liberals suffer when the stock market is up?

Pete, Pete, Pete. So much to learn.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:48 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:30 pm

Great job, Dems!!!!

Great. Don't take a bailout. I have NO PROBLEM not sending you my borrowed money.

Fair enough. But when I come out to ski, do I get a rebate on any Colorado sales taxes?!?!? lol

I just laid out some dosh for a condo in Vail for March...better be an epic snow year.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:50 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:59 pm All the Democrats here suitably sad yet?

YTD.png

Libs have this weird kamikaze attitude about life; they are happy to go down provided everyone else does. They want everyone equally miserable.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Today is going to be an awful day for Democrats.

If you want to know why, just take a look at the opening of the stock market.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

https://cnsnews.com/commentary/terence- ... -last-year

This is where a Fan and I always disagree. The more money the gubmint takes in via tax revenue the more they will spend. The gubmint is the glutton that instead of one piece, they will eat the whole damn cake if given the chance. Then they will complain about having a shortage of cake. :roll:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:08 am https://cnsnews.com/commentary/terence- ... -last-year

This is where a Fan and I always disagree. The more money the gubmint takes in via tax revenue the more they will spend. The gubmint is the glutton that instead of one piece, they will eat the whole damn cake if given the chance. Then they will complain about having a shortage of cake. :roll:

Yup. +1
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

More great economic news:

✅Retail sales surged 7.5% in June as the economy continues to recover.

✅Unemployment claims FELL again for the 15th consecutive week.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:01 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:50 pm

YTD.png

Libs have this weird kamikaze attitude about life; they are happy to go down provided everyone else does. They want everyone equally miserable.
Neil Peart was a brilliant writer, RIP. Maples and Oaks...Left and Right

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Nothing to see here, just good news on housing starts.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/housi ... latestnews

Housing starts gain steam as builders ramp up construction despite pandemic

Another sad day for Democrats?

Return to “POLITICS”