All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

RedFromMI

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by RedFromMI »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:44 am
ggait wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:35 am
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:25 am [quote=RedFromMI post_id=167176 time=<a href="tel:1594728787">1594728787</a> user_id=551]
[quote="Peter Brown" post_id=167168 time=<a href="tel:1594727816">1594727816</a> user_id=1372]
death rates and length of ICU stay are dropping

time for democrats to ratchet up the panic!
Umm, no. Actually ticking up (death rates) a bit. Given that the explosion of cases in CA, TX, FL, AZ started about three weeks ago, about what to expect...
The key is to keep up the hysteria until midnight November 3.
Pete will keep posting this dumb assery every week until (like a broken clock) he’s finally right.

Note how completely data free his assertions are.

Look, so weird, but a CEO of a huge Florida hospital chain says ggait doesn't know what he's talking 'bout...I know I know, hard to believe. :lol:

https://www.mynews13.com/fl/orlando/new ... s-prepared

AdventHealth CEO: Our Florida ICUs Stocked, Prepared
[/quote]

But that article has absolutely NOTHING about deaths. Only that this particular hospital says they are prepared bed/equipment wise. I have to agree with ggait - still completely data free if the data is irrelevant...
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:48 am
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:44 am
ggait wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:35 am
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:25 am [quote=RedFromMI post_id=167176 time=<a href="tel:1594728787">1594728787</a> user_id=551]
[quote="Peter Brown" post_id=167168 time=<a href="tel:1594727816">1594727816</a> user_id=1372]
death rates and length of ICU stay are dropping

time for democrats to ratchet up the panic!
Umm, no. Actually ticking up (death rates) a bit. Given that the explosion of cases in CA, TX, FL, AZ started about three weeks ago, about what to expect...
The key is to keep up the hysteria until midnight November 3.
Pete will keep posting this dumb assery every week until (like a broken clock) he’s finally right.

Note how completely data free his assertions are.

Look, so weird, but a CEO of a huge Florida hospital chain says ggait doesn't know what he's talking 'bout...I know I know, hard to believe. :lol:

https://www.mynews13.com/fl/orlando/new ... s-prepared

AdventHealth CEO: Our Florida ICUs Stocked, Prepared
But that article has absolutely NOTHING about deaths. Only that this particular hospital says they are prepared bed/equipment wise. I have to agree with ggait - still completely data free if the data is irrelevant...
[/quote]

Birdbrains.

35 deaths yesterday.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/florida/
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

CU88 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:28 am With proactive governance it can be done.

New Zealand lifts all Covid restrictions, declaring the nation virus-free

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-52961539

At midnight local time (12:00 GMT), all of New Zealand moved to level one, the lowest of a four-tier alert system.

Under new rules, social distancing is not required and there are no limits on public gatherings, but borders remain closed to foreigners.

New Zealand has reported no new Covid-19 cases for more than two weeks.
I hope Dr. Fauci does not visit them...it'll only get worse.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:58 am

At midnight local time (12:00 GMT), all of New Zealand moved to level one, the lowest of a four-tier alert system.

Under new rules, social distancing is not required and there are no limits on public gatherings, but borders remain closed to foreigners.

Shameful. You have become Chuck Woolery.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:00 am

Who is that?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

I wonder if PB is aware that Mondays are traditionally a low day for numbers (just look at the graphs in worldmeter)... Cherry picking a low day to make it sound like he actually knows what he is talking about...
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

wgdsr wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:42 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:11 pm We have 3.5 million cases as on 7/13/20. On 3/20/20 we had 19,806 cases. I am trying to understand if you believe you saw something In March about asymptotic spread that Dr. Fauci and his team of scientists at the CDC didn’t see?
to this part... fauci was convinced of asymptomatic spread in january.
redfield publicly warned of the possibilty in mid feb and then was surprised but had it confirmed around feb 25.
by mid march there was info and reports and studies from all over, including the u.s.
the ga governor everyone laughed off the podium for being weeks late with his discovery? april 2. (the cdc, perennially late to the game, had adjusted guidance 2 or 3 days earlier). the WHO would go on to tell people it was and then wasnt "very rare" in june.
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:52 pm
wgdsr wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:50 pmi wrote that?
Let me rephrase. Do you believe you knew something Fauci did not know?
I knew enough to ignore the bs.

"Watch what they do, not what they say."

GOV telling us masks are useless. DRs were on the front lines wearing masks and full PPE.

Let me think about that one for a second... So yes, I bought masks early, as well as bleach wipes and hydrogen peroxide.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:12 am I wonder if PB is aware that Mondays are traditionally a low day for numbers (just look at the graphs in worldmeter)... Cherry picking a low day to make it sound like he actually knows what he is talking about...
Swore someone on this forum said that Sunday's were the low day and Mondays are the spike...
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:02 am
seacoaster wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:00 am

Who is that?
Sure, Chuck, sure:

https://deadline.com/2020/07/donald-tru ... 202984488/
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:16 am
RedFromMI wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:12 am I wonder if PB is aware that Mondays are traditionally a low day for numbers (just look at the graphs in worldmeter)... Cherry picking a low day to make it sound like he actually knows what he is talking about...
Swore someone on this forum said that Sunday's were the low day and Mondays are the spike...
There are usually two low days in reporting - Sunday/Monday usually, depending on the state. It is pretty obvious if you look at the actual graphs.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

138,000 Americans dead from Covid.

'I don't take responsibility at all': Trump deflects blame for coronavirus testing fumble
Trump has spent weeks downplaying the virus' outbreak.

March 13, 2020
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

6ftstick wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:31 am Homogeneous Population the size of South Carolina.

Some in the Maori population may not quite view it that way. ;)
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

CU88 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:27 am 138,000 Americans dead from Covid.

'I don't take responsibility at all': Trump deflects blame for coronavirus testing fumble

March 13, 2020

Dump says, BLAME FAUCI !

It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

c'mon guys, everyone keep up. one day numbers don't mean anything. 7 days are better.

july 4th weekend was inordinately low. not surprising. some make up (and jersey was posting 100 per day for several days, have to think they were reclassifying, who knows who else)

icu and hospitalizations are a marker. they've jumped (50%? plus) in about a month. that could be ok for the death total even if they're being hospitalized they have a better chance at survival.... age, new protocols. still damage to people that get more seriously ill.

there are LOTS of states whose numbers are spiking on cases. not 3 or 4. hopefully a lot of it can be explained by more robust testing. bigger numbers scare people off and it'll be dynamic. case numbers are to watch and are noisy.

given icu and hospitalizations, and other factors like age, i'd expect ave deaths to be 6-750 and hope for the lower end and a trend that can be reversed.

if ny and nj et al with high case fatality are continuing to reclassify, ok. if not, should be as interested in them as i heard once last wk that at least ny is barely testing anyone nowadays.
Last edited by wgdsr on Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

CU88 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:27 am 138,000 Americans dead from Covid.

March 13, 2020
To add to that: At least 52k of those are dead from elders being quarantined in assisted living homes with other sick patients as a DIRECT result of Gov orders.

Cuomo, Gavin, others...
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:15 am
wgdsr wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:42 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:11 pm We have 3.5 million cases as on 7/13/20. On 3/20/20 we had 19,806 cases. I am trying to understand if you believe you saw something In March about asymptotic spread that Dr. Fauci and his team of scientists at the CDC didn’t see?
to this part... fauci was convinced of asymptomatic spread in january.
redfield publicly warned of the possibilty in mid feb and then was surprised but had it confirmed around feb 25.
by mid march there was info and reports and studies from all over, including the u.s.
the ga governor everyone laughed off the podium for being weeks late with his discovery? april 2. (the cdc, perennially late to the game, had adjusted guidance 2 or 3 days earlier). the WHO would go on to tell people it was and then wasnt "very rare" in june.
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:52 pm
wgdsr wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:50 pmi wrote that?
Let me rephrase. Do you believe you knew something Fauci did not know?
I knew enough to ignore the bs.

"Watch what they do, not what they say."

GOV telling us masks are useless. DRs were on the front lines wearing masks and full PPE.

Let me think about that one for a second... So yes, I bought masks early, as well as bleach wipes and hydrogen peroxide.
So did I. Simply because they were wearing them in Asia and I figured, they had been through these things. It wouldn’t hurt.
“I wish you would!”
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

5 govs.jpg
5 govs.jpg (62.41 KiB) Viewed 1510 times

But do you know what an azzh*le Ron Desantis is?
Typical Lax Dad

6ftstick wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:48 am 5 govs.jpg

But do you know what an azzh*le Ron Desantis is?
All the nursing home deaths occurred because patients were sent back? Chalk it up to learning curve. At some point it will be determined if there was a significant increase due to patients being sent back. Do you know if all the patients that were sent back died?
“I wish you would!”
Bart

Post by Bart »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:34 am
if ny and nj et al with high case fatality are continuing to reclassify, ok. if not, should be as interested in them as i heard once last wk that at least ny is barely testing anyone nowadays.
I just read NYS had 60,050 tests yesterday with 912 positive for a 1.5% positive rate. NYS has been hovering right around 1% since I have been paying attention, until this one was at 1.5%.

Return to “POLITICS”