All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

CU77

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by CU77 »

If you’re lucky enough to live in New Zealand, the coronavirus nightmare has been mostly over since June. After more than two weeks with no new cases, the government lifted almost all restrictions that month. The borders are still shut, but inside the country, normal life returned.

It’s coming back elsewhere too. Taiwan, where most days this month no new cases have been reported, just held the Taipei Film Festival, and a recent baseball game drew 10,000 spectators. Italy was once the epicenter of Europe’s outbreak and remains in a state of emergency, but with just a few hundred new cases a day in the whole country, bars are open and tourists have started returning, though of course Americans remain banned. According to The New York Times’s figures, there were 321 new cases in all of Canada last Friday.

And America? We had 68,241. As of last week, the worst per capita outbreak on the planet was in Arizona, followed by Florida. The world is closed to us; American passports were once coveted, but now only a few dozen nations will let us in. Lawrence O. Gostin, professor of global health law at Georgetown, told me he doesn’t expect American life to feel truly normal before summer 2022. Two years of our lives, stolen by Donald Trump.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/13/opin ... trump.html

Trump stole 2 years of your life if you're still alive at the end of it.

130,000 (and counting) Americans are not.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

CU77 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:12 pm
If you’re lucky enough to live in New Zealand, the coronavirus nightmare has been mostly over since June. After more than two weeks with no new cases, the government lifted almost all restrictions that month. The borders are still shut, but inside the country, normal life returned.

It’s coming back elsewhere too. Taiwan, where most days this month no new cases have been reported, just held the Taipei Film Festival, and a recent baseball game drew 10,000 spectators. Italy was once the epicenter of Europe’s outbreak and remains in a state of emergency, but with just a few hundred new cases a day in the whole country, bars are open and tourists have started returning, though of course Americans remain banned. According to The New York Times’s figures, there were 321 new cases in all of Canada last Friday.

And America? We had 68,241. As of last week, the worst per capita outbreak on the planet was in Arizona, followed by Florida. The world is closed to us; American passports were once coveted, but now only a few dozen nations will let us in. Lawrence O. Gostin, professor of global health law at Georgetown, told me he doesn’t expect American life to feel truly normal before summer 2022. Two years of our lives, stolen by Donald Trump.

A good friend works in Geneva and is back at work. She said it’s back to normal but there is no handshaking.

MAGA
“I wish you would!”
CU77

Post by CU77 »

I assume you mean Geneva, Switzerland, and not Geneva, New York …
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:55 pm
wgdsr wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:42 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:11 pm We have 3.5 million cases as on 7/13/20. On 3/20/20 we had 19,806 cases. I am trying to understand if you believe you saw something In March about asymptotic spread that Dr. Fauci and his team of scientists at the CDC didn’t see?
to this part... fauci was convinced of asymptomatic spread in january.
redfield publicly warned of the possibilty in mid feb and then was surprised but had it confirmed around feb 25.
by mid march there was info and reports and studies from all over, including the u.s.
the ga governor everyone laughed off the podium for being weeks late with his discovery? april 2. (the cdc, perennially late to the game, had adjusted guidance 2 or 3 days earlier). the WHO would go on to tell people it was and then wasnt "very rare" in june.
That’s why it’s called NOVEL. We are back to not wanting a run on PPE which is what he said. Dr. Fauci is the least of our problems. It’s like those Hopkins fans on the board that know all the things Petro should have known.
people make mistakes in a pandemic, which i've said often, and i haven't put his head on a platter.
there were other options but no one at nih is pinging my phone. he made a call that once ppe was back online, he'd deal with it from there.

no one should be surprised at the reluctance of the public to tack abruptly. you can hope, but not be surprised. fauci probably isn't.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Most every modern country in the world has been getting things right the past month or two even with the disinformation from China and early unintentional missteps by national and international political and science and health organizations.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Maryland with its Lowest Covid ICU Cases since early March.
Typical Lax Dad

CU77 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:18 pm I assume you mean Geneva, Switzerland, and not Geneva, New York …
Yes
“I wish you would!”
DocBarrister

Dear Deplorable Trump Sycophants,

Post by DocBarrister »

Salutations my good hypocrites.

A quick question ... for those of you who continually criticize the lying, authoritarian Commie Chinese ... why do you continue to support the lying, authoritarian Trump?

After all, the Chinese government was accused (appropriately) for lying about the severity of the pandemic and smearing doctors who tried to warn the public about the dangers of COVID-19.

Why do you now support Donald Trump, who has been lying about the severity of the pandemic and smearing Dr. Fauci, who has been trying to warn the public about the dangers of COVID-19?

Please explain. Thank you.

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

CU77 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:12 pm

Maybe he’s trying to sandbag his own re-election so he can blame it on the virus when his people drop like flies?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:11 pm We have 3.5 million cases as on 7/13/20. On 3/20/20 we had 19,806 cases. I am trying to understand if you believe you saw something In March about asymptotic spread that Dr. Fauci and his team of scientists at the CDC didn’t see?
redfield publicly warned of the possibilty in mid feb and then was surprised but had it confirmed around feb 25.
by mid march there was info and reports and studies from all over, including the u.s.
the ga governor everyone laughed off the podium for being weeks late with his discovery? april 2. (the cdc, perennially late to the game, had adjusted guidance 2 or 3 days earlier). the WHO would go on to tell people it was and then wasnt "very rare" in june.
That’s why it’s called NOVEL. We are back to not wanting a run on PPE which is what he said. Dr. Fauci is the least of our problems. It’s like those Hopkins fans on the board that know all the things Petro should have known.
ROBUST ........robust PPE numbers. ROBUST.

Dr. Fauci (and others like him) ARE the problem........
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

death rates and length of ICU stay are dropping

time for democrats to ratchet up the panic!
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:56 am death rates and length of ICU stay are dropping

Umm, no. Actually ticking up (death rates) a bit. Given that the explosion of cases in CA, TX, FL, AZ started about three weeks ago, about what to expect...
6ftstick

Re: Dear Deplorable Trump Sycophants,

Post by 6ftstick »

DocBarrister wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:25 am Salutations my good hypocrites.

A quick question ... for those of you who continually criticize the lying, authoritarian Commie Chinese ... why do you continue to support the lying, authoritarian Trump?

After all, the Chinese government was accused (appropriately) for lying about the severity of the pandemic and smearing doctors who tried to warn the public about the dangers of COVID-19.

Why do you now support Donald Trump, who has been lying about the severity of the pandemic and smearing Dr. Fauci, who has been trying to warn the public about the dangers of COVID-19?

Please explain. Thank you.

DocBarrister 8-)
Does the US government have the largest and most well financed health organizations on the planet. Yes or No?

Why are pharmaceutical giants sitting on their azzez watching us die? Cause that's what you're claiming

The NYC health commissioner said it would be RACIST not to come downtown to support the Chinese New Year Parade.

Di Blasio encouraged everyone to come into manhattan—use mass transit—and live your normal life go to restaurants, shows shop etc.

The Mayor of New Orleans was exuberant about participation in Mardi Gras.

All democrats.

Why are we so far "BEHIND THE WORLD" or why are the public and private sector "failing" us in this disease. I'm sure its that TRUMP is holding back tens of thousands of heath professionals and researchers. And he has since the beginning right. All the wrong moves right.

Oh yeah and Trump has failed to purchase adequate PPE at hospitals and clinics (thats the new scare). Cause thats his job during the day.
Last edited by 6ftstick on Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:25 am
ROBUST ........robust PPE numbers. ROBUST.

Dr. Fauci (and others like him) ARE the problem........
Hope you had a good 4th. Missed you.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:13 am
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:56 am death rates and length of ICU stay are dropping

Umm, no. Actually ticking up (death rates) a bit. Given that the explosion of cases in CA, TX, FL, AZ started about three weeks ago, about what to expect...
Much of what we are seeing is excess death holdover data, as noted in this link and in the Yale study (link embedded in the tweet):https://twitter.com/EthicalSkeptic/stat ... 39749?s=20
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:13 am

The key is to keep up the hysteria until midnight November 3.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

With proactive governance it can be done.

New Zealand lifts all Covid restrictions, declaring the nation virus-free

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-52961539

At midnight local time (12:00 GMT), all of New Zealand moved to level one, the lowest of a four-tier alert system.

Under new rules, social distancing is not required and there are no limits on public gatherings, but borders remain closed to foreigners.

New Zealand has reported no new Covid-19 cases for more than two weeks.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

CU88 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:28 am With proactive governance it can be done.

New Zealand lifts all Covid restrictions, declaring the nation virus-free

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-52961539

At midnight local time (12:00 GMT), all of New Zealand moved to level one, the lowest of a four-tier alert system.

Under new rules, social distancing is not required and there are no limits on public gatherings, but borders remain closed to foreigners.

New Zealand has reported no new Covid-19 cases for more than two weeks.
Homogeneous Population the size of South Carolina.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:25 am [quote=RedFromMI post_id=167176 time=<a href="tel:1594728787">1594728787</a> user_id=551]
[quote="Peter Brown" post_id=167168 time=<a href="tel:1594727816">1594727816</a> user_id=1372]

[/quote]

[/quote].

Pete will keep posting this dumb assery every week until (like a broken clock) he’s finally right.

Note how completely data free his assertions are.

Just go away moron troll gator boy with a Democrat wife.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

ggait wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:35 am
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:25 am [quote=RedFromMI post_id=167176 time=<a href="tel:1594728787">1594728787</a> user_id=551]
[quote="Peter Brown" post_id=167168 time=<a href="tel:1594727816">1594727816</a> user_id=1372]

[/quote].
Pete will keep posting this dumb assery every week until (like a broken clock) he’s finally right.

Note how completely data free his assertions are.

Look, so weird, but a CEO of a huge Florida hospital chain says ggait doesn't know what he's talking 'bout...I know I know, hard to believe. :lol:

https://www.mynews13.com/fl/orlando/new ... s-prepared

AdventHealth CEO: Our Florida ICUs Stocked, Prepared

Return to “POLITICS”