Sensible Gun Safety

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
kramerica.inc

Re: Sensible Gun Control

Post by kramerica.inc »

Anecdotal evidence: gun sales must be through the roof.

3 MD local stores have nothing in stock. One shop owner said he cant get anything at all. Months out.
A firearm and accessory website I've3 sued in the past based out of TX, usually has a plethora of selections, now has just a smattering of .22s Nothing else. No rifles, shotguns, pistols in any larger caliber.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:42 am Anecdotal evidence: gun sales must be through the roof.

3 MD local stores have nothing in stock. One shop owner said he cant get anything at all. Months out.
A firearm and accessory website I've3 sued in the past based out of TX, usually has a plethora of selections, now has just a smattering of .22s Nothing else. No rifles, shotguns, pistols in any larger caliber.
Not just anecdotal: Gun sales are off the charts

You've got a trifecta going on.

1. Gun supporters worried about gun grabbers if Trump and Republicans lose the White House and/or Senate, especially with Biden saying he's going to put Beto "Hell, yes, we're going to take your AR-15, your AK-47" O'Rourke in charge of gun reform.
2. The pandemic. Lots of people are purchasing guns for home protection during this uncertainty, including Liberals.
3. George Floyd / BLM protests. You are seeing an increase in minority and liberal gun ownership for protection, and an increase in right-wing purchases fearing ANTIFA is going to storm their small Kansas town and rape, loot and pillage.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

holmes435 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:28 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:42 am Anecdotal evidence: gun sales must be through the roof.

1. Gun supporters worried about gun grabbers if Trump and Republicans lose the White House and/or Senate, especially with Biden saying he's going to put Beto "Hell, yes, we're going to take your AR-15, your AK-47" O'Rourke in charge of gun reform.
2. The pandemic. Lots of people are purchasing guns for home protection during this uncertainty, including Liberals.
3. George Floyd / BLM protests. You are seeing an increase in minority and liberal gun ownership for protection, and an increase in right-wing purchases fearing ANTIFA is going to storm their small Kansas town and rape, loot and pillage.
I suppose Defunding/dismantling the Police, Mayors telling cops to stand down, in the face of increased violence and crime,has nothing to do with people wanting to secure their families and property. They know there's no one on the other end of the 911 call they may have to make.

Remember the Mayor of st louis sent the police to disarm the couple who were confronted buy 100's of protestors on their own property.

Government will not protect you for some time into the future
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

holmes435 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:28 pm

The virus caused a huge spike. My brother and his two friends said that bought so much stuff that they are sure they made someone’s list.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

6ftstick wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:42 pmI suppose Defunding/dismantling the Police, Mayors telling cops to stand down, in the face of increased violence and crime,has nothing to do with people wanting to secure their families and property. They know there's no one on the other end of the 911 call they may have to make.

Remember the Mayor of st louis sent the police to disarm the couple who were confronted buy 100's of protestors on their own property.

That was literally part of the 3rd point.

But maybe defunding the police will show what it's like to be a person of color. Not counting on the government to ever protect you and to possibly enter your home and kill you at 3am for no reason. Certainly makes me understand why so many Black Panthers were intent on arming themselves back in the day, and why Reagan and others responded with harsh gun control laws to counteract them.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

holmes435 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:02 am
6ftstick wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:42 pmI suppose Defunding/dismantling the Police, Mayors telling cops to stand down, in the face of increased violence and crime,has nothing to do with people wanting to secure their families and property. They know there's no one on the other end of the 911 call they may have to make.

But maybe defunding the police will show what it's like to be a person of color. Not counting on the government to ever protect you and to possibly enter your home and kill you at 3am for no reason. Certainly makes me understand why so many Black Panthers were intent on arming themselves back in the day, and why Reagan and others responded with harsh gun control laws to counteract them.

I wonder if Democrats will ever visit the land of reality rather than their fevered dream state?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/05/us/atlan ... index.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/13/nyre ... oting.html
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Ahhh the democrat liberal progressive solution.

One groups miserable.

Fix whats making them miserable?

Nah lets make everyone miserable. Thats equality.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

"possibly enter your home and kill you at 3am for no reason."

Of course these same cops may have to enter your house at 3 am because your beating the chit out of your wife. You can then shoot the cops as they enter your residence. I mean shoot em graveyard dead. Any of you FLP folks here bothered by that? Of course not, dead cops are not something you FLP folks are that bothered by. Two cops in Texas wer just murdered in cold blood the other day answering a call for a domestic dispute. I was waiting for someone on this forum to even mention it. As I suspected... nothing. :roll:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/police-office ... d=71737098
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

6ftstick wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:34 am Ahhh the democrat liberal progressive solution.

One groups miserable.

Not really what they're actually doing, but good try.

400 years of oppression including 250 years of slavery followed by another 150 of systemic racism. We've been trying to build the USA into an actual country where everyone is equal, but you seem to dragging your feet, kicking and screaming the whole way.

I don't see any meaningful solutions being proposed by the right.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

holmes435 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:38 am
6ftstick wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:34 am Ahhh the democrat liberal progressive solution.

One groups miserable.

400 years of oppression including 250 years of slavery followed by another 150 of systemic racism. We've been trying to build the USA into an actual country where everyone is free, but you seem to dragging your feet, kicking and screaming the whole way.

650,000 Americans died in a war to end slavery

We've transferred 10's of trillions to minority populations

Created quotas and affirmative action to level the playing field

Eased entry qualifications in education and employment opportunities.

Result:

A black president of the United states

Minority supreme court justices and judges

Black Chairman of the Joint Chiefs

Black governors mayors and legislators from all over the country

Black CEOS, Board members, Corporate executives

Wealth power and equality

What the hell else is necessary.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:37 am

"possibly enter your home and kill you at 3am for no reason."

Of course these same cops may have to enter your house at 3 am because your beating the chit out of your wife. You can then shoot the cops as they enter your residence. I mean shoot em graveyard dead. Any of you FLP folks here bothered by that? Of course not, dead cops are not something you FLP folks are that bothered by. Two cops in Texas wer just murdered in cold blood the other day answering a call for a domestic dispute. I was waiting for someone on this forum to even mention it. As I suspected... nothing. :roll:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/police-office ... d=71737098

I just heard yesterday that something like 11 Texas police have been killed in the line of duty so far this year, and over 100 in the United States. http://www.odmp.org/search/year

And no, the FLP folks do not care, at all. They have a woke virtue signal business to attend to. To what end, I do not understand.

God bless the police and anyone who puts his life in the line of fire every day.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

6ftstick wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:47 am
holmes435 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:38 am

One groups miserable.

400 years of oppression including 250 years of slavery followed by another 150 of systemic racism. We've been trying to build the USA into an actual country where everyone is free, but you seem to dragging your feet, kicking and screaming the whole way.

650,000 Americans died in a war to end slavery

We've transferred 10's of trillions to minority populations

Created quotas and affirmative action to level the playing field

Eased entry qualifications in education and employment opportunities.

Result:

A black president of the United states

Minority supreme court justices and judges

Black Chairman of the Joint Chiefs

Black governors mayors and legislators from all over the country

Black CEOS, Board members, Corporate executives

Wealth power and equality

What the hell else is necessary.
This could get interesting...
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

What's interesting about it? One black president? One black Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff? 4 black Fortune 500 CEOs right now? 6 black billionaires in the US right now? 10 black senators ever? Zero current black state governors and only 4 all time?

Actually I do suppose that is pretty interesting. And pretty stark.

Tons more is necessary.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

holmes435 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:18 am What's interesting about it? One black president? One black Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff? 4 black Fortune 500 CEOs right now? 6 black billionaires in the US right now? 10 black senators ever? Zero current black state governors and only 4 all time?

Tons more is necessary.
Yep nothin. All for naught. Obviously no path to the top. Get the reparations ready

https://www.ranker.com/list/the-20-rich ... ople-lists

https://cbc.house.gov

Of the 100 largest cities in the country, 39 have had elected black mayors. In 2018, 57.1% of black mayors served in cities (over 40,000) that did not have a black majority population.
Last edited by 6ftstick on Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

holmes435 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:18 am What's interesting about it? One black president? One black Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff? 4 black Fortune 500 CEOs right now? 6 black billionaires in the US right now? 10 black senators ever? Zero current black state governors and only 4 all time?

Tons more is necessary.
True.

But like the call for more black lacrosse head coaches, you have to have candidates to ascend and fill the roles. Its easy to say: "Hire more_." But you are limited by your applicant pool. How you going about doing that?
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:30 am

Tons more is necessary.
True.

But like the call for more black lacrosse head coaches, you have to have candidates to ascend and fill the roles. Its easy to say: "Hire more_." But you are limited by your applicant pool. How you going about doing that?
Thanks for bringing more of an actual discussion into the thread. That problem is where the rubber meets the road. The "Hire more ___" mindset is Affirmative Action and it has some bad side effects. Ideally we put everyone on more equal footing at birth so that down the road we have qualified candidates of all races to get into college, get hired as coaches, etc. But how do we do that when so many black parents are less well off and have fewer opportunities for their kids than white parents?

So it's turned into a chicken and egg problem. Do we use a very imperfect solution like Affirmative Action to build up the parents so their kids are on more equal footing? Or do we ramp up social programs up the wazoo to ensure the kids are getting everything they need? A mix of both? Something else?

We've systemically denied black people upward mobility and economic security since slavery ended (and obviously did it much worse before that). It's going to take another generation or two for that wealth that's been redistributed from the black community to make its way back even with big changes.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

holmes435 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:53 am

Tons more is necessary.
True.

Thanks for bringing more of an actual discussion into the thread. That problem is where the rubber meets the road. The "Hire more ___" mindset is Affirmative Action and it has some bad side effects. Ideally we put everyone on more equal footing at birth so that down the road we have qualified candidates of all races to get into college, get hired as coaches, etc. But how do we do that when so many black parents are less well off and have fewer opportunities for their kids than white parents?

So it's turned into a chicken and egg problem. Do we use a very imperfect solution like Affirmative Action to build up the parents so their kids are on more equal footing? Or do we ramp up social programs up the wazoo to ensure the kids are getting everything they need? A mix of both? Something else?

We've systemically denied black people upward mobility and economic security since slavery ended (and obviously did it much worse before that). It's going to take another generation or two for that wealth that's been redistributed from the black community to make its way back even with big changes.
Or

Don't do drugs

don't get pregnant before you graduate.

Graduate from high school

Try that for a generation and you might not have only 22% of children reading and doing math at grade level.

Pull your pants up over the crack of your rump and climb on the treadmill with the rest of us.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Tons more is necessary.
The conversation holmes, the conversation.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

Tons more is necessary.
True.

ill ask the question that no one seems to want to ask (perhaps wrong thread, i admit).

what is our benchmark here. is it one of each, or is it a % of population? Or other???

if black americans make up 12% of the population, is the cry for 12% of football coaches? house reps? perhaps more than that (over-representation as retribution for past ills)?

or is it one of each color on a board. one director shall be white, brown, red, yellow, black, other pacific islander.

until we define a goal i posit we will not meet our goal.
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

holmes435 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:53 am

Tons more is necessary.
True.

"Thanks for bringing more of an actual discussion into the thread."

Wow!! what a load of sanctimonious BS written by someone who actually believes that black folks are worried about the cops coming in at 3am and killing them for no reason. Some cops out there patrolling may not have the correct training to handle high stress situations. If the cops are called to your house at 3am there was probably a reason. Those officers in Texas were responding to a domestic dispute when they went knocking on the door. The were ambushed and killed in cold blood. Do the police have an equal right to fear for their lives as the people on the other side of the door claim they also do. It blows my mind. A person here posts something that is factual BS and then tries to spin the topic of conversation back to what he describes as an actual discussion on the thread. Nice try Holmes, but at least some of us can see through all the BS. :roll:
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.

Return to “POLITICS”