2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
wgdsr

Re: 2020 Elections - Enough Divisiveness Already

Post by wgdsr »

a fan wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:52 pm
ggait wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:14 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:47 pm I have to wonder if any of the predictions that Democrats so *confidently* make about the November elections don't come to pass, will they be contrite when posting here on November 4?
Sure. Go back and read the tape from 2016. I personally ate lots of crow.
I don't understand why. Not one single pollster put the chances of a Hillary win at 100%. Not one. They all gave Trump a chance.

They gave the math. The math was not wrong. It's like saying you can't draw an inside straight. Of course you can. But I wouldn't bet on it.
the website(s) you could gamble on it had it in low 90s leading up.
actual money changing hands. lotta peeps took a bath. and some scored.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Those are extreme house favored platforms. Not liquid enough either. May as well roll some bones.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

ggait wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:14 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:47 pm I have to wonder if any of the predictions that Democrats so *confidently* make about the November elections don't come to pass, will they be contrite when posting here on November 4?
Sure. Go back and read the tape from 2016. I personally ate lots of crow.

I doubt, though, that a stupid troll like you would act that way. Surely you'll be whining about photo ID, ugly Dem broads (like your wife) and their gay guy friends. And the rest of the garbage that you've become synonymous with.

I love the Left's reveals here...fascinating.

Anyway, why would I be contrite when right now I won't make a prediction about who will win? Compared to the dozens of posts by you and yours which state categorically that not only will Trump lose, he will further take down the entirety of the Republican Senate...I find that kind of confidence to be laughable and the predictions to be possibly ridiculous. Laughable and ridiculous are two notable buzzwords of the Left mindset.

By the way, it's still a push with the real money, not internet birdbrains:

https://www.oddsshark.com/politics/2020 ... ds-futures
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

ggait wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:10 pm
I will be doing the same thing I always do. In bed by 9pm and even with our new dog, still up at 4:30. Who knows with all the mail in ballots it may not
be official for many weeks.
Once established, mail in voting usually allows for much faster announcements of election results. Out here in CO with 100% mail voting, preliminary result are available within minutes of the polls closing.

Most people drop off their ballots into drop boxes that are open 24/7 rather than use the mail. And most of that dropping is done in advance -- most often the weekend before. So by the time you get to Tuesday election day, the vast majority of the voting has already happened and has already been counted. The votes that dribble in on election day and following are small numbers and usually don't affect the outcome.

But who knows what is going to happen with the many states changing their voting procedures on the fly for 2020.
i'm sure that'll all go swimmingly with states doing it at the last minute. i don't see issues.
njbill

Post by njbill »

ggait wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:10 pm
I will be doing the same thing I always do. In bed by 9pm and even with our new dog, still up at 4:30. Who knows with all the mail in ballots it may not
be official for many weeks.
Once established, mail in voting usually allows for much faster announcements of election results. Out here in CO with 100% mail voting, preliminary result are available within minutes of the polls closing.

Most people drop off their ballots into drop boxes that are open 24/7 rather than use the mail. And most of that dropping is done in advance -- most often the weekend before. So by the time you get to Tuesday election day, the vast majority of the voting has already happened and has already been counted. The votes that dribble in on election day and following are small numbers and usually don't affect the outcome.

But who knows what is going to happen with the many states changing their voting procedures on the fly for 2020.
Agreed that mail in voting is the way to go. And I suspect it is where every state will be headed sooner or later.

The key to quick announcements of results, though, is early counting of the mail in ballots and official announcements of partial vote counts. Traditionally, the networks have relied on exit polling, which is more difficult and perhaps less accurate if a large percentage of voters mail in their ballots.

Pretty sure this is correct, although I have not double checked it: as of right now in Pennsylvania, they can’t begin counting the mail in ballots until the polls close on election day.

In our primary in New Jersey last week, I think the procedures allowed counting of mail ins to begin at 7 AM on election day. At least in the races I was following, which weren’t particularly close, the elections weren’t called until the following day.

Don’t know how it works in other states, but in New Jersey, under the pre-mail in system, there were 20 precincts in my town. After the polls closed, each precinct sent a runner to the town hall with the print outs from the machines. Results for the town were tabulated at the town hall and then sent to the county. There are 21 counties in New Jersey. Each county then sends their results to the state. Sounds time-consuming, but it actually moves quite quickly. We almost always get results in New Jersey the evening of election day.

Under the mail in system in NJ, as long as the ballot is postmarked by election day and received within 48 hours, it is counted. Although we have had no-reason absentee balloting for years, the large majority of voters still have gone to the polls in prior elections.

In our primary last week, there was a heavy push by the state for mail in balloting. The number of in person precincts in my town was reduced from 20 to 3 or 4. Mail in ballots were sent to the county not the town. There were also drop boxes.

Don’t know what they do in Colorado, but in New Jersey they check each mail in ballot to ensure that signatures match up. Didn’t talk to anybody who actually did the work, but that sounds quite time consuming. And since they could only begin that work at 7 AM on election day, I understand why our results were delayed somewhat.

Not sure about this, but I think they did release official results on a rolling basis which to a degree helped expedite the release of results.

My sense is that there were some growing pains in the process in New Jersey in the primary. So I’m glad we have now had a trial run so that hopefully the kinks are worked out by election day. I also hope they revisit their rule about when they can start counting the mail in ballots. I imagine there are staffing and security issues involved, but I would think those could be worked out.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Compared to the dozens of posts by you and yours which state categorically that not only will Trump lose
Show me even one post of mine saying Trump is going to lose.

I certainly hope he loses. He's certainly behind in the polls -- for now.

The polls will almost certainly become closer as November approaches. They always do -- as President Dukakis will tell you.

The only thing I'd say I'm certain about is that Trump will again lose the popular vote.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Don’t know what they do in Colorado, but in New Jersey they check each mail in ballot to ensure that signatures match up. Didn’t talk to anybody who actually did the work, but that sounds quite time consuming.
They check all the sigs in CO too. But I believe they count/check the ballots as they arrive. Seems totally stupid to delay that process until election day. Why?

In the recent CO primary, polls closed at 7 pm. The first early vote count (actual votes) was released at 7:05 pm. AP called the Senate race for Hickenlooper at 7:25 pm, which was based on actual vote totals, not exit polls.

But of course, CO has been doing all mail in for several election cycles. And purple state CO has little tolerance for BS partisan screwing around with voting. Like voter ID and gerrymandering.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
njbill

Post by njbill »

ggait wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:08 pm
Don’t know what they do in Colorado, but in New Jersey they check each mail in ballot to ensure that signatures match up. Didn’t talk to anybody who actually did the work, but that sounds quite time consuming.
They check all the sigs in CO too. But I believe they count/check the ballots as they arrive. Seems totally stupid to delay that process until election day. Why?

In the recent CO primary, polls closed at 7 pm. The first early vote count (actual votes) was released at 7:05 pm. AP called the Senate race for Hickenlooper at 7:25 pm, which was based on actual vote totals, not exit polls.

But of course, CO has been doing all mail in for several election cycles. And purple state CO has little tolerance for BS partisan screwing around with voting. Like voter ID and gerrymandering.
Agreed that delaying the starting of counting is a bad idea. In terms of why, as I said, my only guesses are staffing and security. If you lock up all of the ballots as they are received in the mail and then only open them on election day, I imagine the security of the ballots is higher.

In terms of staffing, they would need to have people working for multiple days or weeks as opposed to for a day or two. More cost.

Still, you would think these staffing and security issues could be resolved.

How do they address these issues in Colorado?

If you have counted the mail in ballots ahead of time and if the state agrees to issue partial official results, as you do in Colorado, then you can get quick results. Sounds like your system works well.

In terms of the presidential race, it is not going to matter if New Jersey’s results are delayed a little bit because the conclusion is foregone.

There has been a lot written locally in Pennsylvania that Pennsylvania won’t be able to be called for a few days after election day. I think the problem is that they would need to amend state law to begin counting ballots early. Not sure why either side would object to doing that, but apparently the Republicans are objecting. Just another case of politicians fighting for the sake of fighting.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

njbill wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:24 pm
ggait wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:08 pm

Agreed that delaying the starting of counting is a bad idea. In terms of why, as I said, my only guesses are staffing and security. If you lock up all of the ballots as they are received in the mail and then only open them on election day, I imagine the security of the ballots is higher.

In terms of staffing, they would need to have people working for multiple days or weeks as opposed to for a day or two. More cost.

Still, you would think these staffing and security issues could be resolved.

How do they address these issues in Colorado?

If you have counted the mail in ballots ahead of time and if the state agrees to issue partial official results, as you do in Colorado, then you can get quick results. Sounds like your system works well.

In terms of the presidential race, it is not going to matter if New Jersey’s results are delayed a little bit because the conclusion is foregone.

There has been a lot written locally in Pennsylvania that Pennsylvania won’t be able to be called for a few days after election day. I think the problem is that they would need to amend state law to begin counting ballots early. Not sure why either side would object to doing that, but apparently the Republicans are objecting. Just another case of politicians fighting for the sake of fighting.
i'm sure it'll go fine in pennsylvania.
https://theintercept.com/2020/06/16/phi ... publicans/
no worries. i don't expect a hiccup with the election.
njbill

Post by njbill »

There were issues in the primary to be sure. Some part of that was because of the rush to get and return ballots due to the pandemic, and the need to adjust the rules on the fly.

The article you cite is a month old, and only one of many articles I have seen in the Philadelphia and Pennsylvania media. The powers that be know they need to improve and promise that they will. We shall see.

The Pa. governor and secretary of state are both Democrats so hopefully any Republican shenanigans will be headed off at the pass.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Now, though, Trump has a record on immigration, Puerto Rico, healthcare, coronavirus response and foreign policy — and Democrats learned from Florida’s last election that failing to aggressively reach out to Latino voters cost them the governor’s office and the retention of a U.S. Senate seat.

“In 2018, some of the statewide campaigns in Florida did not have robust Latino engagement,” Barreto said. “Puerto Rican turnout in Central Florida was not robust.”

Biden’s campaign plans to harness the “incredible anger” among Puerto Rican voters in Florida over Trump’s handling of Hurricane Maria in 2017, Barreto says.
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/1 ... ote-360033
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Puerto Ricans may be slightly upset that Trump wanted to sell Puerto Rico (and their relatives) after Hurricane Maria.

President Donald Trump considered the idea of selling Puerto Rico in 2017 after the island was devastated by Hurricane Maria, the former acting Homeland Security secretary told The New York Times in an interview published Friday.

"The President's initial ideas were more of as a businessman, you know," Elaine Duke, who was serving as DHS' acting secretary when the hurricane hit the island in September 2017, told the Times.

"'Can we outsource the electricity? Can we can we sell the island? You know, or divest of that asset?'" Trump reportedly said, according to Duke in the newspaper interview. "(She said the idea of selling Puerto Rico was never seriously considered or discussed after Mr. Trump raised it.)," the paper reported.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... li=BBnb7Kz

We’re supposed to be impressed that the White House never “seriously” considered selling Puerto Rico after Trump asked about that “option?”

DocBarrister :roll:
@DocBarrister
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Can we sell Mississippi off?
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:34 am Can we sell Mississippi off?
Out of a fear the new owners might change the license plates and get rid of the large, cool Ss - no.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Polls show Trump is losing to Joe Biden. They said the same thing 4 years ago against Hillary Clinton

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 398025002/

:lol:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

DB497F80-1701-47D5-9AEE-5780F317213E.jpeg
DB497F80-1701-47D5-9AEE-5780F317213E.jpeg (170.57 KiB) Viewed 1048 times
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

.....gotta keep a good man down.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard

Return to “POLITICS”