2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: 2020 Elections - Enough Divisiveness Already

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Who doesn’t like a good conspiracy nut job underground information source? (The one from Georgia is straight class)

11 GOP congressional nominees support QAnon conspiracy

Jacob Knutson
Lauren Boebert posing in her restaurant in Rifle, Colorado, on April 24.

At least 11 Republican congressional nominees have publicly supported or defended the QAnon conspiracy theory movement or some of its tenets — and more aligned with the movement may still find a way onto ballots this year.

Why it matters: Their progress shows how a fringe online forum built on unsubstantiated claims and flagged as a threat by the FBI is seeking a foothold in the U.S. political mainstream.

QAnon is a far-right conspiracy theory that purports without proof that posts by an anonymous internet user from within the federal government are alluding to a secret war that the "deep state" is waging against President Trump.
Driving the news: At least two candidates were positioned to win seats in November.

Lauren Boebert, a first-time candidate, gun-rights activist and QAnon supporter, defeated five-term Rep. Scott Tipton in Colorado's June 30 Republican primary for the 3rd congressional district. Trump had endorsed Tipton.

Boebert said in May she hopes QAnon "is real because it only means America is getting stronger and better and people are returning to conservative values," which she supports.
In a statement, the National Republican Congressional Committee said that the district "is a Republican seat and will remain a Republican seat."
Boebert told Axios she does not follow QAnon but is "glad the IG and the AG are investigating deep state activities that undermine the President."
Marjorie Taylor Greene emerged from last month's primary as the frontrunner heading into an August runoff for the Republican nomination for Georgia's 14th Congressional District, which is rated solidly Republican. She called Q a "patriot" in a 30-minute video in which she also professes the theory.

As Politico reported, House Republican leaders distanced themselves from Greene, who also has made Islamophobic, racist and anti-Semitic remarks.
After her rhetoric came under greater scrutiny, establishment Republicans have pushed to shift support to her runoff opponent, John Cowan, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.
Several other Republican congressional candidates with QAnon ties are running in solidly Democratic districts. Six of them bested competitors in contested primaries.

Angela Stanton-King, Georgia, 5th congressional district: On Instagram, Stanton-King posted a 12-minute video from a well-known QAnon promoter, who states "those who are corrupting our world" will be "permanently eradicated from the Earth." Her primary was uncontested.
She received a pardon from President Trump on Feb. 18, for her 2004 conviction on federal conspiracy charges involving an auto theft ring, the AJC reports.
Mike Cargile, California, 35th congressional district: Cargile's Twitter bio includes the "#WWG1WGA" hashtag, which stands for the QAnon motto “Where We Go One We Go All.” Cargile finished second in California's "top two" primary system to Democratic incumbent Rep. Norma Torres, whom he will face in November. He told Axios: "Only a fool would look at the Washington landscape and conclude that the President has no enemies inside the beltway."
Erin Cruz, California, 36th congressional district: Cruz told NBC News in 2019 that people who believe in the theory have "legitimate concerns." She finished second in the primary and will face Democratic incumbent Rep. Raul Ruiz.
Alison Hayden, California, 15th congressional district: Hayden has promoted the theory on her campaign Twitter account and has repeatedly tweeted the QAnon-connected hashtag “#GreatAwakening.” She defeated five other candidates and finished second in the primary for the right to face incumbent Rep. Eric Swalwell.
Johnny Teague, Texas, 9th congressional district: On a campaign account which has since been deleted, Teague retweeted a video of QAnon supporters reciting an oath associated with the conspiracy theory, according to Media Matters. He defeated two other candidates for the nomination.
Rob Weber, Ohio, 9th congressional district: Weber tweeted congratulations to a Twitter user for being "17’d," a reference to the 17th letter of the alphabet, Q. He defeated three other candidates for the nomination.
Philanise White, Illinois, 1st congressional district: White has tweeted the #WWG1WGA hashtag on multiple occasions. She ran uncontested for the nomination.
Theresa Raborn, Illinois, 2nd congressional district: Raborn retweeted a video of former national security adviser Michael Flynn reciting an oath associated with the conspiracy theory, adding the #WWG1WGA hashtag. She ran unopposed for the nomination.
Billy Prempeh, New Jersey, 9th congressional district: Prempeh uploaded a photo of himself posing with a “Q” flag on his campaign Facebook page, adding the motto "Where We Go One We Go All.” He beat one other candidate for the nomination.
Jo Rae Perkins, Oregon: The Republican U.S. Senate nominee recited the oath in a video posted on her campaign Twitter account. She beat three other candidates for the nomination. She told Axios that she believes QAnon is a news source that she uses for "connecting the dots" and "getting information that the mainstream media, generally, does not post."
Of note: Buzz Patterson, who finished second in the primary for California's 7th congressional district and will face Democratic incumbent Rep. Ami Bera, tweeted "Yep!" in response to whether he supports the Q movement.

Patterson told Axios that he does not recall sending the tweet about the theory and does not "follow or endorse anything he/she/them say."
Axios contacted each campaign and only received responses from Boebert, Cargile, Patterson and Perkins.

Between the lines: Trump has retweeted QAnon Twitter accounts on multiple occasions, while his son Eric Trump has promoted the theory in Instagram posts, Forbes reports.

A number of independent or write-in candidates who have supported the conspiracy theory will also appear on ballots in November.
Go deeper ... The science of conspiracies: Where Flat Earth meets Pizzagate

Editor's note: This story has been corrected to reflect that California has a "top two" primary system and that several of the Republican candidates finished second.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:02 pm
HooDat wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:41 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:35 pm
holmes435 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:10 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:18 pmA. I too would gladly pay for a copy
B. Any chance you could explain how to digitize tapes? I have a number of Dave Matthews, Rusted Root, Phish and later in life dead tapes that I simply won't toss but don't know what to do with.
LOL that reminds me of my sister spending days and days one summer converting my dad's LPs to cassettes for him.

There are lots of gadgets like: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089W3N4YR/

Depending on the quality of tapes you might want to go with a different setup and find a stereo with an aux out to your computer's aux in. Then use a sound recording app and use a file format that's not as lossy as MP3. Also depending on what your time is worth you may want to take it to a local digitizer and pay them to do it.
Thanks. I'm sure if I used the google machine I'd have found something, but it falls off the to do list every day of my life. Will look into what I'd get charged, there's a few worth it at least, some not so much on a quality perspective. Have a Dylan and the Dead show from Foxboro from 1987 that just straight up sucks.

If only my kids were a little older and I could put them to real work...
I have looked at both, and frozen in indecision (not the band). The services I have found are stupid expensive, the DIY seems to have a lot of different ways to accomplish it, and i have never been able to tell which is the best.
Try this service. They have a 50% off sale and run it often. I have a box of 10 video tapes that I am sending in tomorrow to be converted. It is going to cost me $8.00 a tape + shipping. Easy and convenient. This is my second time doing it. Good service.

https://southtree.com/pages/how-it-work ... %20Digital
Awesome - I knew there had to be something out there better than Legacy Box
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:47 pm
6ftstick wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:57 pm Before things heat up here maybe we all could take a few seconds.

Think of something nice here at lunchtime. Maybe a couple things.

and compose ourselves for the rest of the day.

politics.jpg

Hey look no judgment, but why is it that only conservatives here at Fanlax appreciate female beauty? It’s almost like Dems are trying to tell us something :lol:
There was an entire thread dedicated to Brooks obsession with a certain blonde woman.... :lol: :roll:
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

HooDat wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:59 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:02 pm
HooDat wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:41 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:35 pm
holmes435 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:10 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:18 pmA. I too would gladly pay for a copy
B. Any chance you could explain how to digitize tapes? I have a number of Dave Matthews, Rusted Root, Phish and later in life dead tapes that I simply won't toss but don't know what to do with.
LOL that reminds me of my sister spending days and days one summer converting my dad's LPs to cassettes for him.

There are lots of gadgets like: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089W3N4YR/

Depending on the quality of tapes you might want to go with a different setup and find a stereo with an aux out to your computer's aux in. Then use a sound recording app and use a file format that's not as lossy as MP3. Also depending on what your time is worth you may want to take it to a local digitizer and pay them to do it.
Thanks. I'm sure if I used the google machine I'd have found something, but it falls off the to do list every day of my life. Will look into what I'd get charged, there's a few worth it at least, some not so much on a quality perspective. Have a Dylan and the Dead show from Foxboro from 1987 that just straight up sucks.

If only my kids were a little older and I could put them to real work...
I have looked at both, and frozen in indecision (not the band). The services I have found are stupid expensive, the DIY seems to have a lot of different ways to accomplish it, and i have never been able to tell which is the best.
Try this service. They have a 50% off sale and run it often. I have a box of 10 video tapes that I am sending in tomorrow to be converted. It is going to cost me $8.00 a tape + shipping. Easy and convenient. This is my second time doing it. Good service.

https://southtree.com/pages/how-it-work ... %20Digital
Awesome - I knew there had to be something out there better than Legacy Box

I am sending in a box today.
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

HooDat wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:02 am
6ftstick wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:57 pm Before things heat up here maybe we all could take a few seconds.

politics.jpg

Hey look no judgment, but why is it that only conservatives here at Fanlax appreciate female beauty? It’s almost like Dems are trying to tell us something :lol:
There was an entire thread dedicated to Brooks obsession with a certain blonde woman.... :lol: :roll:

Tomi Lahren?
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

A year or even six months ago, you might not have imagined that the Republican president would be at risk of losing Texas, Florida and Arizona (totaling 78 electoral votes). Considering the sickness, death and economic hardship Trump and GOP governors have brought to these states, now it is hardly out of the question that Trump might lose any or all of them. A result like that might be precisely what it needs to shake the Republican Party to its core and cause its leaders reevaluate fidelity to a cult based on fear, resentment, racism and conspiracy theories.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... toral-map/

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

politics.jpg

Does it have pictures? Searching now...
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:51 am

politics.jpg

Does it have pictures? Searching now...
viewtopic.php?f=60&t=723&p=145880#p145880
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

1000 thank yous. Great pic of her too.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

DocBarrister wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:42 am A year or even six months ago, you might not have imagined that the Republican president would be at risk of losing Texas, Florida and Arizona (totaling 78 electoral votes). Considering the sickness, death and economic hardship Trump and GOP governors have brought to these states, now it is hardly out of the question that Trump might lose any or all of them. A result like that might be precisely what it needs to shake the Republican Party to its core and cause its leaders reevaluate fidelity to a cult based on fear, resentment, racism and conspiracy theories.

DocBarrister
That's Jennifer Rubin. Her piece begins
Imagine politicians so caught up in the cult of personality and so afraid of stepping outside the right-wing media bubble that they would put their own constituents’ lives at risk and shred their party’s electoral chances. Meet the Republican governors of Florida, Arizona and Texas, whose reckless actions have contributed collectively to hundreds of thousands of coronavirus cases and the deaths of thousands while also forcing businesses to shut down once again.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis still refuses to enact a statewide mask mandate. On Sunday, his state reported a record number (for any state) of new cases: 15,300. ... The human and economic tragedy (the state’s unemployment was already at 14.5 percent before the latest devastating health numbers came in) unfolding is a direct result of the governor’s insistence on following President Trump’s reckless disregard for expert medical advice and playing down of the virus.

How is this going to work out politically for Republicans? Approval of Trump’s handling of the virus is at 40 percent in the state. The most recent CBS News-YouGov poll shows 64 percent think the state opened too quickly (68 percent of those think it was because of pressure from Trump). Trump is losing to former vice president Joe Biden by six points. Trump won Florida in 2016, but now Biden is better positioned to win its 29 electoral votes.
As of now it looks like the most likely outcome in November is a blue tsunami.

And if that happens, then Trump will have pulled off his biggest and greatest con, perhaps the greatest con in the history of the world: getting the entire US Republican party to "invest" in him, and then going bankrupt, taking them all down with him.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

I have to wonder if any of the predictions that Democrats so *confidently* make about the November elections don't come to pass, will they be contrite when posting here on November 4?
njbill

Post by njbill »

No. :lol:

Come on, Pete. You know better.

We will be out in the streets, respectfully protesting.

So let’s turn that around. If Trump loses, what will youse boys be doing on November 4? (Course it probably won’t be November 4 as I suspect the election may still be up in the air by then.)
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:52 pm No. :lol:

So let’s turn that around. If Trump loses, what will youse boys be doing on November 4? (Course it probably won’t be November 4 as I suspect the election may still be up in the air by then.)
"We will be out in the streets, respectfully protesting."

And if needed, busting open a few skulls if you have to. :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:52 pm No. :lol:

"So let’s turn that around. If Trump loses, what will youse boys be doing on November 4?"

I
will be doing the same thing I always do. In bed by 9pm and even with our new dog, still up at 4:30. Who knows with all the mail in ballots it may not
be official for many weeks. Then again I really ain't one of youse boys. ;)
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
ggait

Post by ggait »

I will be doing the same thing I always do. In bed by 9pm and even with our new dog, still up at 4:30. Who knows with all the mail in ballots it may not
be official for many weeks.
Once established, mail in voting usually allows for much faster announcements of election results. Out here in CO with 100% mail voting, preliminary result are available within minutes of the polls closing.

Most people drop off their ballots into drop boxes that are open 24/7 rather than use the mail. And most of that dropping is done in advance -- most often the weekend before. So by the time you get to Tuesday election day, the vast majority of the voting has already happened and has already been counted. The votes that dribble in on election day and following are small numbers and usually don't affect the outcome.

But who knows what is going to happen with the many states changing their voting procedures on the fly for 2020.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:47 pm I have to wonder if any of the predictions that Democrats so *confidently* make about the November elections don't come to pass, will they be contrite when posting here on November 4?
Sure. Go back and read the tape from 2016. I personally ate lots of crow.

I doubt, though, that a stupid troll like you would act that way. Surely you'll be whining about photo ID, ugly Dem broads (like your wife) and their gay guy friends. And the rest of the garbage that you've become synonymous with.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
a fan

Post by a fan »

ggait wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:14 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:47 pm I have to wonder if any of the predictions that Democrats so *confidently* make about the November elections don't come to pass, will they be contrite when posting here on November 4?
I don't understand why. Not one single pollster put the chances of a Hillary win at 100%. Not one. They all gave Trump a chance.

They gave the math. The math was not wrong. It's like saying you can't draw an inside straight. Of course you can. But I wouldn't bet on it.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

CU77 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:38 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:42 am A year or even six months ago, you might not have imagined that the Republican president would be at risk of losing Texas, Florida and Arizona (totaling 78 electoral votes). Considering the sickness, death and economic hardship Trump and GOP governors have brought to these states, now it is hardly out of the question that Trump might lose any or all of them. A result like that might be precisely what it needs to shake the Republican Party to its core and cause its leaders reevaluate fidelity to a cult based on fear, resentment, racism and conspiracy theories.

DocBarrister
That's Jennifer Rubin. Her piece begins
Imagine politicians so caught up in the cult of personality and so afraid of stepping outside the right-wing media bubble that they would put their own constituents’ lives at risk and shred their party’s electoral chances. Meet the Republican governors of Florida, Arizona and Texas, whose reckless actions have contributed collectively to hundreds of thousands of coronavirus cases and the deaths of thousands while also forcing businesses to shut down once again.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis still refuses to enact a statewide mask mandate. On Sunday, his state reported a record number (for any state) of new cases: 15,300. ... The human and economic tragedy (the state’s unemployment was already at 14.5 percent before the latest devastating health numbers came in) unfolding is a direct result of the governor’s insistence on following President Trump’s reckless disregard for expert medical advice and playing down of the virus.

How is this going to work out politically for Republicans? Approval of Trump’s handling of the virus is at 40 percent in the state. The most recent CBS News-YouGov poll shows 64 percent think the state opened too quickly (68 percent of those think it was because of pressure from Trump). Trump is losing to former vice president Joe Biden by six points. Trump won Florida in 2016, but now Biden is better positioned to win its 29 electoral votes.
As of now it looks like the most likely outcome in November is a blue tsunami.

And if that happens, then Trump will have pulled off his biggest and greatest con, perhaps the greatest con in the history of the world: getting the entire US Republican party to "invest" in him, and then going bankrupt, taking them all down with him.
There’s a reason he can only get really dumb sovereign money LP investors from spots like the Middle East, Russia, Singapore, etc

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chicag ... utType=amp
a fan

Post by a fan »

It's stunning to me that someone can be so bad at business that they can't even turn a profit at a freaking casino.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

a fan wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:52 pm
ggait wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:14 pm
I don't understand why. Not one single pollster put the chances of a Hillary win at 100%. Not one. They all gave Trump a chance.

They gave the math. The math was not wrong. It's like saying you can't draw an inside straight. Of course you can. But I wouldn't bet on it.
Inside straight always makes me think of this song

If I had a gun for every ace I have drawn,
I could arm a town the size of Abilene
Don't you push me baby,
'Cause I'm all alone and you know I'm only in it for the gold
All that I am asking for is ten gold dollars
And I could pay you back with one good hand
You can look around about the wide world over
And you'll never find another honest man.
Last fair deal in the country,
Sweet Suzie, last fair deal in the town
Put your gold money where your love is baby,
Before you let my deal go down
Don't you push me baby, 'cause I'm all alone
Well I know a little something you won't ever know
Don't you touch hard liquor, just a cup of cold coffee
I'm gonna get up in the morning and go
Everybody prayin' and drinkin' that wine
I can tell the queen of diamonds by the way she shines
Come to daddy on the inside straight,
Well I got no chance of losin' this time
Last fair deal in the country,
Last fair deal in the town
Put your gold money where your love is baby,
Before you let my deal go down
Everybody prayin' and drinkin' that wine
I can tell the queen of diamonds by the way she shines
Come to daddy on the inside straight,
Well I got no chance of losin' this time.

Return to “POLITICS”