All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

a fan

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by a fan »

CU88 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:15 pm Florida Smashes U.S. State Record Of Daily New Cases: More Than 15,200

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronaviru ... han-15-200

Even with cases shattering records, DeSantis said at a June 30 news conference that the state would not roll back its reopening.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:24 pm
CU88 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:15 pm Florida Smashes U.S. State Record Of Daily New Cases: More Than 15,200

Even with cases shattering records, DeSantis said at a June 30 news conference that the state would not roll back its reopening.

You boys keep praying for more deaths. Maybe it’ll work out for you.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:26 pm

Right. That's what we're doing.

Meanwhile, you're telling us that tens of thousand+ of your fellow Floridians getting this virus in a single day is just no big deal. No effect on life. No effect on commerce.

"Who cares, it's not me" is a pretty sad life philosophy, Pete.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:31 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:26 pm

Right. That's what we're doing.

Meanwhile, you're telling us that tens of thousand+ of your fellow Floridians getting this virus in a single day is just no big deal. No effect on life. No effect on commerce.

"Who cares, it's not me" is a pretty sad life philosophy, Pete.

979D1987-EDAC-4EC8-A8CD-770C81A85B54.jpeg
979D1987-EDAC-4EC8-A8CD-770C81A85B54.jpeg (104.06 KiB) Viewed 1441 times
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I would’ve had you pegged more as a Casper guy at the end with Jenny, but maybe your more into playing like Telly

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky8wG7k8WUI
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:45 pm 979D1987-EDAC-4EC8-A8CD-770C81A85B54.jpeg
:lol: Nice logic. Good luck with that.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Yeah, the 130,000+ Americans who died from it over the past 4 months will be glad to know that it was actually harmless.

Pete, you'd better go tell them.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

CU77

Post by CU77 »

I wish that no one had to die from covid. But at least this woman's death has meaning, if it turns even one soul away from trumpist stupidity:

texshop_image.jpg
texshop_image.jpg (125.7 KiB) Viewed 1407 times
DocBarrister

Trump’s Homicidal Presidency

Post by DocBarrister »

From The NY Times:

And it is these politics, particularly as articulated by Donald Trump, that are allowing the virus to ravage this nation and steal tens of thousands of lives that should not have been stolen.

It is Trump’s politicization of the virus that has resulted in a new surge of cases in this country when many other developed nations have been able to shrink the number of cases among their people.

It is because of Donald Trump that America has now reported 3.2 million cases and has tallied nearly 135,000 deaths.

But, instead of centering on the sick, dying and dead as the true victims of his malfeasance, Trump casts himself as the victim of circumstances. As The Washington Post reported last week, Trump has adopted a woe-is-me attitude with visitors. As the paper put it:

“Trump often launches into a monologue placing himself at the center of the nation’s turmoil. The president has cast himself in the starring role of the blameless victim — of a deadly pandemic, of a stalled economy, of deep-seated racial unrest, all of which happened to him rather than the country.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/12/opin ... e=Homepage

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Peter Brown

Re: Trump’s Homicidal Presidency

Post by Peter Brown »

DocBarrister wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:27 am From The NY Times:

And it is these politics, particularly as articulated by Donald Trump, that are allowing the virus to ravage this nation and steal tens of thousands of lives that should not have been stolen.

It is Trump’s politicization of the virus that has resulted in a new surge of cases in this country when many other developed nations have been able to shrink the number of cases among their people.

It is because of Donald Trump that America has now reported 3.2 million cases and has tallied nearly 135,000 deaths.

But, instead of centering on the sick, dying and dead as the true victims of his malfeasance, Trump casts himself as the victim of circumstances. As The Washington Post reported last week, Trump has adopted a woe-is-me attitude with visitors. As the paper put it:

“Trump often launches into a monologue placing himself at the center of the nation’s turmoil. The president has cast himself in the starring role of the blameless victim — of a deadly pandemic, of a stalled economy, of deep-seated racial unrest, all of which happened to him rather than the country.”

DocBarrister
AE680617-296D-4F42-B551-2D1D2D4CF8BE.jpeg
AE680617-296D-4F42-B551-2D1D2D4CF8BE.jpeg (66.69 KiB) Viewed 1384 times
kramerica.inc

Re: Trump’s Homicidal Presidency

Post by kramerica.inc »

DocBarrister wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:27 am From The NY Times:

DocBarrister
You rightfully like to point out Trump’s responsibilities in all this, but your silence about Cuomo and Gavins’s job killing 52k elderly Americans in nursing homes by their direct choices. Additionally, your silence on China’s culpability in the start/proliferation of this whole thing With their lying to the world and shoddy PPE is really odd.

Why do they get a pass from you?
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

I remember going to school in the middle of Smallpox, Measles, Chickenpox, Mumps The Flu and POLIO. Pre-vaccine

A 1952 survey found that Americans feared only nuclear annihilation more than polio.

And schools were open.

ps: Thank God for that evil white privileged racist Jona Salk.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

6ftstick wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:41 am I remember going to school in the middle of Smallpox, Measles, Chickenpox, Mumps The Flu and POLIO. Pre-vaccine

A 1952 survey found that Americans feared only nuclear annihilation more than polio.

And schools were open.

:lol: :lol: But you didn't have media and manipulated stats to scare you. ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:36 am
6ftstick wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:41 am I remember going to school in the middle of Smallpox, Measles, Chickenpox, Mumps The Flu and POLIO. Pre-vaccine

And schools were open.

The Left's entire thesis is predicated on hoping more people die. Great look! :roll:
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:37 am

And schools were open.

The Left's entire thesis is predicated on hoping more people die. Great look! :roll:
Another in a long series of stupid things you have had to say. You take up a lot of room on these boards; I sure wish you had something interesting or thought-provoking to say.

The "left" doesn't want more people to die (and of course it is offensive to say that, and to inevitably generalize this way); the "left" would like to see the federal government lead a little, follow and advance the science. Science warned against reopening prematurely, and it appears that science was right. Science indicated that masks were a very good idea; the President signaled daily that they were unnecessary. The "left's" message here has been coextensive with the science; the diversion from the Executive Branch's message is because the science isn't conducting an "at all costs" reelection campaign.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:52 am

And schools were open.

Another in a long series of stupid things you have had to say. You take up a lot of room on these boards; I sure wish you had something interesting or thought-provoking to say.

The "left" doesn't want more people to die (and of course it is offensive to say that, and to inevitably generalize this way); the "left" would like to see the federal government lead a little, follow and advance the science. Science warned against reopening prematurely, and it appears that science was right. Science indicated that masks were a very good idea; the President signaled daily that they were unnecessary. The "left's" message here has been coextensive with the science; the diversion from the Executive Branch's message is because the science isn't conducting an "at all costs" reelection campaign.
Science "may or may not be" (that's debatable) but liberal democrats and their MSM megaphones certainly are. Can't trust any of them.

Science (Faucci) is saying OPEN the schools

Science (Faucci, The Surgeon General, CDC, WHO et al) initially indicated masks were a bad idea.
DocBarrister

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by DocBarrister »

6ftstick wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:04 am

And schools were open.

Science "may or may not be" (that's debatable) but liberal democrats and their MSM megaphones certainly are. Can't trust any of them.

Science (Faucci, The Surgeon General, CDC, WHO et al) initially indicated masks were a bad idea.
Trump, who neither respects science nor the experts, has driven the United States into an unparalleled disaster. You really want to follow that moron on school openings? Risk my child’s life on that? Seriously, screw you.

Fauci and the Surgeon General were initially wrong on masks and other aspects of COVID-19. Like the experts and scientists they are, they did what Trump is clearly incapable of doing ... they learned from their mistakes.

Trump is a mortal threat to the American people. Just ask the 137,000 dead.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

DocBarrister wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:15 am

And schools were open.

Trump, who neither respects science nor the experts, has driven the United States into an unparalleled disaster. You really want to follow that moron on school openings? Risk my child’s life on that? Seriously, screw you.

Fauci and the Surgeon General were initially wrong on masks and other aspects of COVID-19. Like the experts and scientists they are, they did what Trump is clearly incapable of doing ... they learned from their mistakes.

DocBarrister
Chinese Communists are a mortal threat to all people. Just ask the 571,000 dead. 11,000 just yesterday.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

6ftstick wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:18 am
DocBarrister wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:15 am

And schools were open.

DocBarrister
Chinese Communists are a mortal threat to all people. Just ask the 571,000 dead. 11,000 just yesterday.
And you want to follow the guy, Trump, who asked the Communist Chinese to interfere in the 2020 elections? THAT guy?

DocBarrister :roll:
@DocBarrister

Return to “POLITICS”