Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:46 pm I'll bite, just b/c you want something to do..... ;)

1. Should be fired?... they have been told to pull back by the elected democratic leaders. Why risk their lives to only be video taped, ridiculed, spat on, have their vehicle vandalized, and put into a compromising situation to be fired, sued or put on leave. They were fine doing it until told to stop.
2. Hey gun...shoot that guy, GUN...I said shoot that guy, GUN....why won't you listen. Oh that's right a person has to pull the trigger, silly me. Blame the gun. :roll:
3. You can contact them and ask how they can help fix this.
https://apple.news/AtbqZic2WQsuT4mTYTtuJCg

No issues at all with the access to guns. No issue at all with gun culture. Liberals need to stop complaining. You should reach out to that family and let them know that guns are not a problem.
“I wish you would!”
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Remember the two property owners in St Louis who were confronted by 100's of protestors who threatened them their home and their dog.

Well the St Louis DA sent the police to confiscate their weapons.

Then told the press.

The same police who violated their 2nd amendment rights will not be coming if they have to call 911.
6x6

Post by 6x6 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:48 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:32 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:24 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:07 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:06 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:19 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:53 pm Good old Rochester NY is quickly turning into the wild west. It seems like every street corner block party is turning into a shooting gallery after 2am. The cops are taking a whole new approach. You get the call, finish your cup of coffee and your paper work from the last call. Five or ten minutes later you mosey on over to the shooting scene. By then the black life that does not matter has bled out into the street. The crowd is still ticked off that the police showed up and had the audacity to ask people questions like... who did the shooting? The meatwagon shows up and takes the next customer to the coroners office. The fire department washes the blood out of the street. All done here folks... as you were. Same old story, same old song and dance my friend... Some black lives matter, others.... not all that much. :roll:
1. They should be fired.
2. Too many guns with too easy access
3. Are there any anti violence groups working in Rochester?
https://www.whec.com/rochester-new-york ... e/5782849/

Because this is the new norm for what happens when the police respond. Should this cop be fired? He was responding to a call for assistance and was punched in the face for his efforts. Why should he be fired? he was doing his job trying to find out who did the shooting. Maybe the azzholes who came up with the no snitch rule should be fired? You ever thought about that? I don't blame the cops one little bit if they choose to just let the situation come to its natural conclusion. Nobody seems to want them to do their job. What is wrong with them becoming nothing more than janitors in blue who clean up the mess after the game is over? The police can no longer win. They are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

# Some Black Lives Matter, Others Not So Much... :roll:
Did. He sit around ignoring a call? If so he should be fired. If not, he shouldn’t be. The people that assaulted him should be arrested. Do you believe otherwise? As for guns, I have no problem with gun ownership. We have a problem with the number and access to guns for young people. Less guns, the police don’t fee as vulnerable and perhaps we have less violence all the way around. Seems like a win / win to me.

http://clbb.mgh.harvard.edu/juvenilejustice/
I agree with you about guns. Illegal ownership of guns should be come down on like a ton of bricks. I was exaggerating a bit about ignoring the call. The cops are forever frustrated to arrive at these crime scenes and to have to deal with 2 new realities. The people at the crime scene are outright hostile to the police presence. The police are equally as frustrated that despite a hawks eye view of what happened... nobody saw anything. :roll: What are the police suppose to do? It becomes the same old routine over and over and over and over and so on. I have no solutions and no answers. I do understand after a period of time that the street cops probably have a hard time really giving a f**k anymore. If the people that live in the neighborhood don't care about justice being done, how can they do their job. To make matters worse, just for showing up you get punched in the face. :roll:
I don’t know what to say. It’s not an easy job. Hopefully the pay makes up for it. Find something else to do. When Rochester was thriving economically, were things just as bad?
I have spoke here of my nephew. He spent 5 years policing these streets and they beat him down bad. At the end of the day he was suicidal with a really bad drinking problem.
https://www.addictioncenter.com/news/20 ... rofession/

Police officers are at a higher risk of suicide than any other profession. In fact, suicide is so prevalent in the profession that the number of police officers who died by suicide is more than triple that of officers who were fatally injured in the line of duty. Researchers are attributing these statistics to the unique combination of easy access to deadly weapons, intense stress, and human devastation that police are exposed to on a daily basis.

https://www.theiacp.org/sites/default/f ... _FINAL.pdf

Social-Political Context of Policing. Relationships with the public and the community can also be a source of stress, particularly when officers feel that their efforts are not appreciated. Research suggests that public confidence in the police has decreased in recent years due to racial tensions over the use of force. In a recent survey conducted by the Pew Research Center, officers reported that these high profile incidents have made policing more challenging and are leading to tense interactions with African American communities. The report also notes that the number of fatal attacks on officers has increased. As a result, more than 9 in 10 officers (93 percent) report worrying more about their personal safety than in the past. Constant scrutiny from the media, particularly in the context of a 24-hour news cycle, is yet another source of stress. The increased use of social media, combined with personal videotaping, allows police actions to be presented out of context and become viral stories.
DMac

Post by DMac »

6, you know I think you're a good guy and I'm glad you're retired cuz I don't know why anyone would want to be a cop in today's environment.
This is a good example of why people don't want to talk to cops. Click on this video at 3:55. This guy gets pulled over regularly because his vehicle drives cops nuts. Good guy, always cooperative.
This cop is lying his asz off, just making stuff up. There is no lingering odor and he is NOT getting whiffs when the trucks go by. He's pulled over for a BS reason to begin with and now the cop wants to search his vehicle. He's not being a complete aszwhole about it, but he is absolutely lying his asz off. Is one better off just saying I don't answer answer questions? I absolutely hate the civilian-police relationship out there, really wish it was a whole lot better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF8MB_FYgo4&t=357s

You might want to watch all of this one, same guy. Again pulled over for a BS reason, and this condescending b*tch starts with her game. These questions don't have be answered, but again this guy is cooperative. Enter cop number two with his K9 dog for a light out on top of his truck stop. This is why people like me don't want to get anywhere near cops. Sad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiF_iqvtRF4&t=854s
Last edited by DMac on Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

6x6 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:39 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:53 pm Good old Rochester NY is quickly turning into the wild west. It seems like every street corner block party is turning into a shooting gallery after 2am. The cops are taking a whole new approach. You get the call, finish your cup of coffee and your paper work from the last call. Five or ten minutes later you mosey on over to the shooting scene. By then the black life that does not matter has bled out into the street. The crowd is still ticked off that the police showed up and had the audacity to ask people questions like... who did the shooting? The meatwagon shows up and takes the next customer to the coroners office. The fire department washes the blood out of the street. All done here folks... as you were. Same old story, same old song and dance my friend... Some black lives matter, others.... not all that much. :roll:
1. They should be fired.

Because this is the new norm for what happens when the police respond. Should this cop be fired? He was responding to a call for assistance and was punched in the face for his efforts. Why should he be fired? he was doing his job trying to find out who did the shooting. Maybe the azzholes who came up with the no snitch rule should be fired? You ever thought about that? I don't blame the cops one little bit if they choose to just let the situation come to its natural conclusion. Nobody seems to want them to do their job. What is wrong with them becoming nothing more than janitors in blue who clean up the mess after the game is over? The police can no longer win. They are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Did. He sit around ignoring a call? If so he should be fired. If not, he shouldn’t be. The people that assaulted him should be arrested. Do you believe otherwise? As for guns, I have no problem with gun ownership. We have a problem with the number and access to guns for young people. Less guns, the police don’t fee as vulnerable and perhaps we have less violence all the way around. Seems like a win / win to me.

I agree with you about guns. Illegal ownership of guns should be come down on like a ton of bricks. I was exaggerating a bit about ignoring the call. The cops are forever frustrated to arrive at these crime scenes and to have to deal with 2 new realities. The people at the crime scene are outright hostile to the police presence. The police are equally as frustrated that despite a hawks eye view of what happened... nobody saw anything. :roll: What are the police suppose to do? It becomes the same old routine over and over and over and over and so on. I have no solutions and no answers. I do understand after a period of time that the street cops probably have a hard time really giving a f**k anymore. If the people that live in the neighborhood don't care about justice being done, how can they do their job. To make matters worse, just for showing up you get punched in the face. :roll:
I don’t know what to say. It’s not an easy job. Hopefully the pay makes up for it. Find something else to do. When Rochester was thriving economically, were things just as bad?
I have spoke here of my nephew. He spent 5 years policing these streets and they beat him down bad. At the end of the day he was suicidal with a really bad drinking problem.

Police officers are at a higher risk of suicide than any other profession. In fact, suicide is so prevalent in the profession that the number of police officers who died by suicide is more than triple that of officers who were fatally injured in the line of duty. Researchers are attributing these statistics to the unique combination of easy access to deadly weapons, intense stress, and human devastation that police are exposed to on a daily basis.

Social-Political Context of Policing. Relationships with the public and the community can also be a source of stress, particularly when officers feel that their efforts are not appreciated. Research suggests that public confidence in the police has decreased in recent years due to racial tensions over the use of force. In a recent survey conducted by the Pew Research Center, officers reported that these high profile incidents have made policing more challenging and are leading to tense interactions with African American communities. The report also notes that the number of fatal attacks on officers has increased. As a result, more than 9 in 10 officers (93 percent) report worrying more about their personal safety than in the past. Constant scrutiny from the media, particularly in the context of a 24-hour news cycle, is yet another source of stress. The increased use of social media, combined with personal videotaping, allows police actions to be presented out of context and become viral stories.
It’s not an easy job or issue. Seems like police reform of some sort may help. If the idea is to have economically depressed, under educated and criminal populations to act like folks being policed along the Main Line, nothing is going to change. Reduce the number of unnecessary police interaction may help.

I heard a guy in Bloomberg radio that put out a book on the Freddie Gray situation. Freddie Gray was mentally handicapped from lead poisoning. It happened when he was a child. The lead level he was exposed too was very very high. Just another senseless killing. He ran from the police so they gave him a rough ride. He may have run because he was retarded?

https://patimes.org/freddie-gray-lead-poisoning/
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:18 am
1. They should be fired.

It’s not an easy job or issue. Seems like police reform of some sort may help. If the idea is to have economically depressed, under educated and criminal populations to act like folks being policed along the Main Line, nothing is going to change. Reduce the number of unnecessary police interaction may help.

I heard a guy in Bloomberg radio that put out a book on the Freddie Gray situation. Freddie Gray was mentally handicapped from lead poisoning. It happened when he was a child. The lead level he was exposed too was very very high. Just another senseless killing. He ran from the police so they gave him a rough ride. He may have run because he was retarded?

When you brought up the "rough ride" it brought back memories from when I worked briefly for my brothers friend. One of the guys that worked with us on a few jobs was a very crusty, cynical RPD street cop who worked nights. This was in the 1983/84 era but he would laugh about some guy they arrested that would use the "magic word" When the paddy wagon would come to transport them to jail they would tell the driver something like " take him by the long route" that was the key phrase for having the guy handcuffed in the back while speeding and stopping and taking sharp turns all the way to jail. The thumping noise was the guy in the back of the wagon being bounced around like a ping pong ball. The cops are and can be dicks, there is no denying that. I took a pretty good ass beating as a teenager for using the "magic word" on a cop. Yes sir, no sir is a much better approach to interacting with any officer.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:29 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:18 am
1. They should be fired.

When you brought up the "rough ride" it brought back memories from when I worked briefly for my brothers friend. One of the guys that worked with us on a few jobs was a very crusty, cynical RPD street cop who worked nights. This was in the 1983/84 era but he would laugh about some guy they arrested that would use the "magic word" When the paddy wagon would come to transport them to jail they would tell the driver something like " take him by the long route" that was the key phrase for having the guy handcuffed in the back while speeding and stopping and taking sharp turns all the way to jail. The thumping noise was the guy in the back of the wagon being bounced around like a ping pong ball. The cops are and can be dicks, there is no denying that. I took a pretty good ass beating as a teenager for using the "magic word" on a cop. Yes sir, no sir is a much better approach to interacting with any officer.
They need to find a better job. It comes with the territory. It should be part of their training. Did you read the George Floyd transcript?
“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

Another state, another K9 cop, another BS reason to pull this guy over (he's issued a warning after all this) and his vehicle is searched after the K9 cop prompts his dog to give a false alert (this really pizzez me off that cops abuse these dogs like this). This is why people don't trust cops, you don't ask how high when one says jump and this is bizarre behavior. This cop is a prickkk and shouldn't be allowed to be a cop, he was going to find a way to search this guys vehicle from the second he pulled out to pull him over...justified or not (pot was legalized in Nevada in '17, this video is from '19).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6EntYvGtkI
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Because despite what a couple here ignorantly argue, almost everyone knows a guy (or woman) and says/thinks to themselves “that person is a cop????”.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

You probably haven’t heard the name Jessica Doty Whittaker. She was shot to death by BLM Democrats for saying ‘All Lives Matter’.

https://fox59.com/news/crimetracker/ind ... in-1-week/

The mainstream national media won’t cover this like the Charlottesville murder of Heather Heyer.
Typical Lax Dad

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:44 pm You probably haven’t heard the name Jessica Doty Whittaker. She was shot to death by BLM Democrats for saying ‘All Lives Matter’.

The mainstream national media won’t cover this like the Charlottesville murder of Heather Heyer.
More senseless gun violence. Oh well. We don’t have a gun problem in this country. Hard to throw a knife from the bridge.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

In Pete’s world you might be able to...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RVggUxEgv5k
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:54 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:44 pm You probably haven’t heard the name Jessica Doty Whittaker. She was shot to death by BLM Democrats for saying ‘All Lives Matter’.

More senseless gun violence. Oh well. We don’t have a gun problem in this country. Hard to throw a knife from the bridge.

You might even call it 'speech suppression'. If one party keeps agitating for speech crime, this is what precedes that stupidity.
Typical Lax Dad

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:40 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:54 pm

You might even call it 'speech suppression'. If one party keeps agitating for speech crime, this is what precedes that stupidity.

You remove that fig from your teeth yet?
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:18 pm For you, I would expect you to watch the opening portion of the Accused and think "sweet, a love story" the way you have spoken about multiple women on these boards.
.:lol:. ...like Sarah Sanders & Central FL Heffers ?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Total smokeshows.

Compare those w Natasha Bertrand and Steph Rule.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:09 pm Total smokeshows.

Nasty Natasha was a contributing reporter on the Russian Afghan bounty story that just blew up.
Her national security reporting consists of reading her emails & social media.

Is Steph visiting her brother Avenatti ?
old salt

Post by old salt »

Two Police Officers in McAllen TX killed yesterday responding to a domestic dispute.

Next time, send social workers.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:18 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:09 pm Total smokeshows.

Nasty Natasha was a contributing reporter on the Russian Afghan bounty story that just blew up.
Her national security reporting consists of reading her emails & social media.

Is Steph visiting her brother Avenatti ?
Hey, we all get it, you love dogs. Very noble.

Now I have to wonder about why you put so much peanut butter on parts that don’t typically see daylight but to each his own..

Return to “POLITICS”