All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Peter Brown

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by Peter Brown »

In Florida, my great home state!, apparently the labs are only reporting positive cases now. The negatives not being reported. Doesn't mean the absolute number is different, just that the positive percentage is skewed.

100.png
100.png (40.95 KiB) Viewed 732 times

The other issue being discussed down here is labs are paid more via further testing when they report positives...because 'positives' are required to retest two and 4 weeks after.

Meanwhile no one I know has tested positive.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Are deaths increasing or decreasing?

Petey said they would keep going down, despite all the new cases.

What do you say now troll?
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

It’s like our guy in the White House. Liars don’t stop because they are caught.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

6ftstick wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:25 am
ardilla secreta wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:00 am
6ftstick wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:51 am
CU77 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:12 pm Time to check in once again with the Sunshine State, where PB assures us that all is just orange-y keen:

DEATHS0711.jpg

HOSP0711.jpg
Whats your obsession other than Florida has a Republican Goverrnor.

To date Florida Coronavirus deaths 4,197

To date Massachusetts Coronavirus deaths 8310.

To date New Jersey Coronavirus deaths 15,479

To date New York Coronavirus deaths 32,037.
It’s a good thing there are so few seniors living in Florida. The state should rebound in mere hours.
Most of those seniors were doing quite well while Cuomo and Byrne were killing THOUSANDS of seniors in their Nursing homes

Fn Republican derangement
What is the percentage of the total reported deaths? Make sure you put a decimal in the right spot.
“I wish you would!”
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:49 am
CU77 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:12 pm Time to check in once again with the Sunshine State, where PB assures us that all is just orange-y keen:

DEATHS0711.jpg

HOSP0711.jpg

It’s a good thing there are so few seniors living in Florida. The state should rebound in mere hours.
Most of those seniors were doing quite well while Cuomo and Byrne were killing THOUSANDS of seniors in their Nursing homes

What is the percentage of the total reported deaths? Make sure you put a decimal in the right spot.
KMA
Typical Lax Dad

What clowns....I saw the surgeon general give an interview with a mask on. Where was it 2 months ago?

https://www.cnn.com/
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

6ftstick wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:49 am

DEATHS0711.jpg

HOSP0711.jpg

KMA
Ok Sonic Boom. I am undefeated.
“I wish you would!”
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:50 am

DEATHS0711.jpg

HOSP0711.jpg

KMA
At what
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

ggait wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:41 am Are deaths increasing or decreasing?

Petey said they would keep going down, despite all the new cases.

What do you say now troll?

When death rates drop to zero but the media doesn’t want you to celebrate the news....

https://www.businessinsider.com/sweden- ... ked-2020-7

Just yesterday the Fanlax Fems were demanding that Sweden was a disaster. :lol:
Typical Lax Dad

6ftstick wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:55 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:50 am

DEATHS0711.jpg

HOSP0711.jpg

KMA
At what
Power placement. You don’t want to see the video. Just put the decimal in the right spot Colon.

Power placement is an obscure reference
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Roughly .20 which is not .20% ( in NYS)....That’s like Trump saying I have told you for the 1/100th time.....

https://skillednursingnews.com/2020/06/ ... opulation/

Like I said, if nursing home deaths are under represented in NYS, the number with likely track to the mean upon further research. It’s hard to determine the number of extra deaths from sending patients back to nursing homes. Obviously better to have not sent them back. China should have advised Cuomo. It’s China’s fault.
“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:44 am It’s like our guy in the White House. Liars don’t stop because they are caught.
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Putting Petey's homophobic slur aside, Sweden is worth taking another look at.

Their death rates are going way down. Why? Because their infection rate has been going way down. Why? Because Swedes (on a voluntary basis still) are doing some big time social distancing. Ironically, Sweden currently has the strictest SD-ing in its region.

Its peer countries went SD earlier and harder than Sweden. So those countries have been able to gradually re-open sooner. While Sweden has had to continue more restricted for a longer time. Is there a lesson to be learned in there?

Next, the data is showing that Sweden got no economic benefit from its plan, just more deaths. Another lesson -- it is hard to have a good economy without having sound public health.

Next, it appears that Sweden's higher death toll (primarily among the elderly) may have been due to some aggressive triage-ing. Sweden's health system and ICUs never got overwhelmed. Apparently because the ICU beds were rationed and allocated to those with the higher chances of survival. So many of the elder deaths were among folks who get "death paneled" away from intensive care. Within reason, that's a valid strategy. But somewhat ironic for the righties pointing at Sweden as the model.

Last, Sweden kept its elementary schools open the whole time. We'd all love to know what the impact of that choice was as we now approach September. Unfortunately, Sweden didn't track the data on that. Ugh!!!!!! Hopefully, there's a way to do a retrospective analysis there.

P.S. Peter Brown keeps telling us that Dems are all gay men and ugly women. Literally. Brown-shirt much, Petey?
Last edited by ggait on Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

ggait wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:46 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:44 am It’s like our guy in the White House. Liars don’t stop because they are caught.

Their death rates are going way down. Why? Because their infection rate has been going way down. Why? Because Swedes (on a voluntary basis still) are doing some big time social distancing. Ironically, Sweden currently has the strictest SD-ing in its region.

Its peer countries went SD earlier and harder than Sweden. So those countries have been able to gradually re-open sooner. While Sweden has had to continue more restricted for a longer time. Is there a lesson to be learned in there?

Next, the data is showing that Sweden got no economic benefit from its plan, just more deaths. Another lesson -- it is hard to have a good economy without having sound public health.

Next, it appears that Sweden's higher death toll (primarily among the elderly) may have been due to some aggressive triage-ing. Sweden's health system and ICUs never got overwhelmed. Apparently because the ICU beds were rationed and allocated to those with the higher chances of survival. So many of the elder deaths were among folks who get "death paneled" away from intensive care. Within reason, that's a valid strategy. But somewhat ironic for the righties pointing at Sweden as the model.

Last, Sweden kept its elementary school open the whole time. We'd all love to know what the impact of that choice was as we now approach September. Unfortunately, Sweden didn't track the data on that. Ugh!!!!!!

P.S. Peter Brown keeps telling us that Dems are all gay men and ugly women. Literally. Brown-shirt much, Petey?
I don’t even get it, gay dudes often have a solid corner of the market of hot straight women and not only is their endorsement worth gold with said hotties but they often will proactively bird dog girls at bars for you. Such shortsightedness.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Typical Lax Dad

Last, Sweden kept its elementary school open the whole time. We'd all love to know what the impact of that choice was as we now approach September. Unfortunately, Sweden didn't track the data on that. Ugh!!!!!!

Swedes seem to be sensible: https://www.nationalgeographic.com/hist ... -a-luxury/

Not a high redneck factor
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Interesting set of analyses and per capita comparisons.

Unfortunately, the trajectory is awful.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:06 pm

B89BD2F4-A78D-4677-8A92-FBEDF65570BB.png
B89BD2F4-A78D-4677-8A92-FBEDF65570BB.png (113.87 KiB) Viewed 764 times
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:12 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:06 pm

B89BD2F4-A78D-4677-8A92-FBEDF65570BB.png
wrong article, Pete.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Very interesting data analysis...and one that was called out in June...Legacy Data Laundering: https://twitter.com/EthicalSkeptic/stat ... 79136?s=20

And another way of viewing from July 4: https://twitter.com/EthicalSkeptic/stat ... 60161?s=20

What is occurring right now is, the reserve CDC date-cataloged deaths, which are not yet reported by the states, are being reported by the states over time (hence the Gompertz arrival). While this might be academically/bureaucratically proper, it is morally & ethically bankrupt: https://twitter.com/EthicalSkeptic/stat ... 49158?s=20
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Last, Sweden kept its elementary schools open the whole time. We'd all love to know what the impact of that choice was as we now approach September. Unfortunately, Sweden didn't track the data on that. Ugh!!!!!! Hopefully, there's a way to do a retrospective analysis there.
where are you getting your data on infection rates, social distancing, peer countries' opening and restriction measures vs?

Return to “POLITICS”