All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Farfromgeneva

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Have to wonder if certain institutions turned a blind eye either for the grant money and/or because of some belief in science being global and outside the realm of politics. It’s well known that in the 1990s and early 2000s Microsoft was aware but fine with piracy of windows in China because it creates sticky users over there for windows/pc based software. Borderline complicit in it. They can hardly be the only ones who’ve turned a blind eye for some other goal or agenda.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

So far, only 7 confirmed corona deaths in Taiwan:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/10/opinions ... index.html

Remarkable in a country of 24 million. If only the USA had an effective leader we could have taken the same measures and saved tens of thousands of lives. That's what you get by voting Republican.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

the article probably forgot to mention some other measures that look effective we should've tried:
https://www.businessinsider.com/taiwan- ... ina-2020-6
not to worry, everyone passing around covid is a republican.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

well, i won't say it's shocking but very interested in how he got picked up!
i'd like to see hugh downs (unfortunately died last week, condolences) do a 20 to 60 min expose on the takedown and how it happened. feds sitting on a tOSU scientist? tracking his movements? did he lose them in a parking garage? did they have a monitor on columbus airport charters? did he not drive out to evansville to fly out? do they normally have bag/passenger checks on charters out of anchorage into china? just in 2020?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:09 pm
well, i won't say it's shocking but very interested in how he got picked up!
i'd like to see hugh downs (unfortunately died last week, condolences) do a 20 to 60 min expose on the takedown and how it happened. feds sitting on a tOSU scientist? tracking his movements? did he lose them in a parking garage? did they have a monitor on columbus airport charters? did he not drive out to evansville to fly out? do they normally have bag/passenger checks on charters out of anchorage into china? just in 2020?
I just don’t understand why China wasn’t bending over backwards to help us with this outbreak....we were counting on them.....I hope there is video of him running through alleys with papers falling out of his briefcase...
“I wish you would!”
njbill

Post by njbill »

Interesting watching the somewhat chastened Gov. Disastrous (wish I had coined that but I’m stealing it from someone on TV) at his news conference today.

The governors of some of the states that got hit early made some mistakes, but they were largely navigating in uncharted waters.

I understand that the decision whether or not to reopen schools in the fall and under what circumstances is extremely complicated. But there seems to be little reason not to shut things down now in the areas that are currently being hard hit. One of the lessons learned from New York and New Jersey is that if you do shut things down, your results will fairly significantly improve in a month or two.
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Hook em!
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:59 pm Hook em!
Just plan idiotic. I feel bad for his friends and family. It’s a hard lesson. We have no immunity. You don’t want to be hospitalIzed with COVID-19.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Time to check in once again with the Sunshine State, where PB assures us that all is just orange-y keen:

DEATHS0711.jpg
DEATHS0711.jpg (98.35 KiB) Viewed 1682 times
HOSP0711.jpg
HOSP0711.jpg (109.57 KiB) Viewed 1682 times
ggait

Post by ggait »

Time to check in once again with the Sunshine State, where PB assures us that all is just orange-y keen:
It is all good in Florida. Because Petey assured us that the dangers of rising cases were just a failed Democrat narrative.

No matter how high cases go, deaths will continue to fall. So I guess, eventually, this will all just disappear. Like magic! Right Petey?

Peter Brown wrote: ↑
Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:26 pm
Cases have been rising for more than 2 weeks while deaths continue to decrease. Narrative fail.

Democrats upset people aren’t dying (I don’t have a graph for this).
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

ggait wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:58 pm No matter how high cases go, deaths will continue to fall. So I guess, eventually, this will all just disappear. Like magic! Right Petey?
Hmmm … wasn't there somebody else who said that too? I wish I could remember who it was …

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

That's quite a story of why this thing is growing so fast in states like Florida, Texas, etc.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Brooklyn wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:32 pm So far, only 7 confirmed corona deaths in Taiwan:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/10/opinions ... index.html

Remarkable in a country of 24 million. If only the USA had an effective leader we could have taken the same measures and saved tens of thousands of lives. That's what you get by voting Republican.

Baseball in Taiwan today:

https://twitter.com/BaseballBrit/status ... 4835591169

commentators say:

"There is a sense of comfort in seeing sports with real fans in the stands. It's also a firm reminder about how much our leaders have failed us here."

''A country that’s been smart and has good leadership unlike the United States''

This country set a fine example for all. Small wonder why they had only 7 deaths due to the virus. Too bad we do not have the type of leadership here that they have there. Let's see what PB and others of his ilk have to say about that.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

CU77 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:12 pm Time to check in once again with the Sunshine State, where PB assures us that all is just orange-y keen:

DEATHS0711.jpg

HOSP0711.jpg
Whats your obsession other than Florida has a Republican Goverrnor.

To date Florida Coronavirus deaths 4,197

To date Massachusetts Coronavirus deaths 8310.

To date New Jersey Coronavirus deaths 15,479

To date New York Coronavirus deaths 32,037.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

6ftstick wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:51 am
CU77 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:12 pm Time to check in once again with the Sunshine State, where PB assures us that all is just orange-y keen:

DEATHS0711.jpg

HOSP0711.jpg

It’s a good thing there are so few seniors living in Florida. The state should rebound in mere hours.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

ardilla secreta wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:00 am
6ftstick wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:51 am

DEATHS0711.jpg

HOSP0711.jpg

It’s a good thing there are so few seniors living in Florida. The state should rebound in mere hours.
Most of those seniors were doing quite well while Cuomo and Byrne were killing THOUSANDS of seniors in their Nursing homes

Fn Republican derangement
ardilla secreta

It must be coming from the critters!

Post by ardilla secreta »

West Virginia has had a 90% increase in cases since July 1.
Two of the state’s top health officials (not including the health czar previously fired for telling the truth) warned of a very grim future for West Virginia if more aggressive measures to contain the spread of COVID-19 aren’t taken soon.

The Mountain State was actually ahead of the curve early on with lockdowns and mask wearing assisted by the notion that few West Virginians travel anywhere except to Tudor’s Biscuit World. Initially, people were wearing masks and social distancing until they realized it was just a hoax. Now only a minority are compliant. Monongalia County, the home of WVU has become the epicenter.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Take me home, country road, to the place I belong, West Virginia

Return to “POLITICS”