JUST the Stolen Documents/Mar-A-Lago/"Judge" Cannon Trial

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
6ftstick

Re: The Politics of National Security

Post by 6ftstick »

a fan wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:49 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:20 pm Making a mockery of court system now, proving how effed the average joe is.
Nonsense.

Let'e say Joe Biden wins. You'd be ok if Biden appoints a new AG, and the new AG stepped in and shut down and/or reversed prosecutions of Biden's friends? Or Democrats in general? No. You wouldn't. You'd lose your *hit.

What Barr did was wrong.

Know what would convince me as an American of all the Deep State tinfoil hat nonsense? If Flynn waived his attorney client privilege, and let his old lawyers talk....

...because 100 steak dinners says that Flynn copped to lying to the FBI to his own lawyers. Isn't it obvious that that's what happened here? It explains everything that followed.
or
his original lawyers were involved with the prosecutors to help pressure him financially bankruptcy(and with prosecuting his son) to cop the plea.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:13 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:49 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:20 pm Making a mockery of court system now, proving how effed the average joe is.
Nonsense.

Let'e say Joe Biden wins. You'd be ok if Biden appoints a new AG, and the new AG stepped in and shut down and/or reversed prosecutions of Biden's friends? Or Democrats in general? No. You wouldn't. You'd lose your *hit.

What Barr did was wrong.

Know what would convince me as an American of all the Deep State tinfoil hat nonsense? If Flynn waived his attorney client privilege, and let his old lawyers talk....

...because 100 steak dinners says that Flynn copped to lying to the FBI to his own lawyers. Isn't it obvious that that's what happened here? It explains everything that followed.
or
his original lawyers were involved with the prosecutors to help pressure him financially bankruptcy(and with prosecuting his son) to cop the plea.
Yep, but that doesn’t fit the narrative.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

:lol: So Flynn's lawyers are part of Deep State, and are "in on it".

And you guys are serious with this, are ya?
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:31 pm :lol: So Flynn's lawyers are part of Deep State, and are "in on it".

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/01/2 ... lea-109126

Flynn’s current squad of attorneys contend that Flynn’s original legal counsel with the prominent Washington law firm Covington & Burling was too enmeshed in the early stages of Flynn’s legal troubles to give him detached advice about what to do once prosecutors from special counsel Robert Mueller’s office began threatening to prosecute the retired Army lieutenant general.

Flynn’s new lawyers also contend that the old ones failed to capitalize on damaging disclosures about the probe that ensnared Flynn, such as the texts an FBI agent who conducted a key interview of Flynn sent disparaging Donald Trump when he was a candidate during the 2016 election.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:31 pm :lol: So Flynn's lawyers are part of Deep State, and are "in on it".

Michael Flynn is really Dequan Johnson
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:38 pm

Flynn’s current squad of attorneys contend that Flynn’s original legal counsel with the prominent Washington law firm Covington & Burling was too enmeshed in the early stages of Flynn’s legal troubles to give him detached advice about what to do once prosecutors from special counsel Robert Mueller’s office began threatening to prosecute the retired Army lieutenant general.

Flynn’s new lawyers also contend that the old ones failed to capitalize on damaging disclosures about the probe that ensnared Flynn, such as the texts an FBI agent who conducted a key interview of Flynn sent disparaging Donald Trump when he was a candidate during the 2016 election.
So yes. You think lawyers from a billion dollar law firm can't handle-----because it's too hard-----a simple case of lying to the FBI. That's what you're hanging your hat on?

Are you SURE that Flynn didn't simply cop to the same lie that got him fired by Trump....and told his lawyers that yep, I lied to the FBI? Doesn't that strike you as a tad more likely? Just a tad? :lol: I mean....come on. Really?
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
CU77

Post by CU77 »

The military’s top officer on Thursday described Confederate leaders as traitors and said he is taking a “hard look” at renaming 10 Army installations that honor them, despite President Trump’s opposition to any changes.

“The Confederacy, the American Civil War was fought, and it was an act of rebellion,” the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Gen. Mark A. Milley, told members of the House Armed Services Committee. “It was an act of treason at the time against the Union, against the Stars and Stripes, against the U.S. Constitution, and those officers turned their back on their oath.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... ses-trump/
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

a fan wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:06 pm

So yes. You think lawyers from a billion dollar law firm can't handle-----because it's too hard-----a simple case of lying to the FBI. That's what you're hanging your hat on?

Are you SURE that Flynn didn't simply cop to the same lie that got him fired by Trump....and told his lawyers that yep, I lied to the FBI? Doesn't that strike you as a tad more likely? Just a tad? :lol: I mean....come on. Really?
Are you pretending you don't know how the real world works.

Flynns original lawyers were junior partners in a firm whose senior partner was Obamas wing man Eric Holder. Obama had been trying to destroy Flynn since Flynn used the word ISLAMIC TERRORISTS to him. Look it up.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

That's straight up stupid. I know multiple partners at Covington. Just moronic. Shouldn't you be painting abortion protest signs?
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:14 am That's straight up stupid. I know multiple partners at Covington. Just moronic. Shouldn't you be painting abortion protest signs?
Shouldn't you be filling in Black Lives matter signs on the street with chalk.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:14 am That's straight up stupid. I know multiple partners at Covington. Just moronic. Shouldn't you be painting abortion protest signs?
One of my clients had over 1000 lawyers in 11 cities on 5 continents. I don't think you understand internal politics.
Typical Lax Dad

6ftstick wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:52 am
a fan wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:06 pm

Are you pretending you don't know how the real world works.

Flynns original lawyers were junior partners in a firm whose senior partner was Obamas wing man Eric Holder. Obama had been trying to destroy Flynn since Flynn used the word ISLAMIC TERRORISTS to him. Look it up.
You are right. Here is Mike Flynn’s interview:

“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I used to run attorneys as a vendor to us from major law firms as an Associate at Credit Suisse as a 27yr old. Cadwalater, Winston Strawn, King and Spalding, Nelson Mullins, (occasionally) Sully, Covington, Wachtell, Simpson, White & Davis, Proskauer and on and on. I was their client, used them for many steak dinners as a perk of working 80+ hour weeks for most of my 20s. Not to mention friends who are partners at these firms and others.

Oh and my sister's brother in law ran Ropes Gray, I've only spent a thousand hours with him over the last 20yrs.

Weren't you telling me I didn't understand art previously. Now you're an expert because you had one client? Go back to shrieking and losing an unwinnable fight.

I don't understand internal politics...stupid.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

CU77 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:11 am
The military’s top officer on Thursday described Confederate leaders as traitors and said he is taking a “hard look” at renaming 10 Army installations that honor them, despite President Trump’s opposition to any changes.

“The Confederacy, the American Civil War was fought, and it was an act of rebellion,” the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Gen. Mark A. Milley, told members of the House Armed Services Committee. “It was an act of treason at the time against the Union, against the Stars and Stripes, against the U.S. Constitution, and those officers turned their back on their oath.”

It comes as no surprise that so many anti American right wingers love to honor America's enemies that way. Each of those rebels committed treason and killed more Americans than did Hitler, the Vietnam war, and al-Qaeda combined. But that's just the way they are - America haters one and all.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:38 am I used to run attorneys as a vendor to us from major law firms as an Associate at Credit Suisse as a 27yr old. Cadwalater, Winston Strawn, King and Spalding, Nelson Mullins, (occasionally) Sully, Covington, Wachtell, Simpson, White & Davis, Proskauer and on and on. I was their client, used them for many steak dinners as a perk of working 80+ hour weeks for most of my 20s. Not to mention friends who are partners at these firms and others.

Oh and my sister's brother in law ran Ropes Gray, I've only spent a thousand hours with him over the last 20yrs.

Weren't you telling me I didn't understand art previously. Now you're an expert because you had one client? Go back to shrieking and losing an unwinnable fight.

I don't understand internal politics...stupid.
+1

Anyone that believes Mike Flynn received incompetent counsel is delusional. Mike Flynn isn’t some guy from East Baltimore that’s jammed up.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

CU77 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:11 am

What does this have to do with national security ? Are you expecting the south to rise again ?
You should be trolling the Race Riots thread with this.
Colin Powell said when he was stationed at Ft Benning he didn't worry about who it was named for.
He was more concerned about how he was treated outside the base in GA.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

American military morale has something to do with national security, don't you agree? General MIlley's comments directly address morale, and hence are relevant to this thread.
a fan

Post by a fan »

6ftstick wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:52 am Are you pretending you don't know how the real world works.

So now Obama's "in on it", too.

You guys are building a house on sand here.

Riddle me this: Trump already fired Flynn. Why would Obama or anyone else in your "conspiracy" care if Flynn served a single day in jail?

Point of fact, Flynn is free right now. He's been free for years now. No one cares. Flynn could EASILY not serve one single day in jail. And you're telling us that that would affect Obama.....how, exactly?

Flynn gets convicted----or Flynn doesn't get convicted......nothing changes for any of your "conspirators". You all understand that, right?

The tin foil hat theories make NO SENSE, fellas. Just stop.

:lol: Thanks for the laugh, though, 6......
old salt

Post by old salt »

CU77 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:34 pm American military morale has something to do with national security, don't you agree? General MIlley's comments directly address morale, and hence are relevant to this thread.
As soldiers from Colin Powell to our own c&s have made clear -- most soldiers know little about who the base is named for, & care less.
They associate the name with the unit, the mission & the exploits of the soldiers based there.
Changing the names is a harmless virtue signal which can be offered as affirmative action.

Return to “POLITICS”