All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

cradleandshoot

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:49 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:04 am Speaking of blood on their hands:

40% of the dead (52,000 people) are from NY, NJ, CA and other governors ordering the quarantine of people sick with the Wuhan Virus together in elder care facilities.
52/135= 38.5%. Let’s check back next Friday. Do you think that number is going to be higher or lower?

🤡
Nobody cares... just look at it TLD as less carbon emitters fouling up your planet. POTUS Biden will fix it all and nobody will die. Except for those unborn little babies. democrats love killing them all day long. :roll:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

40% of the dead (52,000 people) are from NY, NJ, CA and other governors ordering the quarantine of people sick with the Wuhan Virus together in elder care facilities.
52/135= 38.5%. Let’s check back next Friday. Do you think that number is going to be higher or lower?

🤡
Much better... 38.5%!!! NOT 52,000!

:roll:

🤡

As of this article dated July 6:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theatl ... le/613855/
Few places represent the awful consequences of this neglect more than nursing homes. Of the country’s nearly 130,000 coronavirus deaths, more than 40 percent have been residents or employees of nursing homes and long-term care facilities. One in five facilities has reported at least one death. In just one New Jersey nursing home, at least 53 residents died after the sick were housed with the healthy and staffers had little more than rudimentary face shields for protection.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:02 am

🤡
Phew. Much better, with updated numbers. 38.5%!!!

🤡

52/130= .4
Few places represent the awful consequences of this neglect more than nursing homes. Of the country’s nearly 130,000 coronavirus deaths, more than 40 percent have been residents or employees of nursing homes and long-term care facilities. One in five facilities has reported at least one death. In just one New Jersey nursing home, at least 53 residents died after the sick were housed with the healthy and staffers had little more than rudimentary face shields for protection.
Thanks for proving my point. Each day that number is reduced. We haven’t reached halftime yet. The game is long. My motto has always been....one goal at a time.
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:05 am

🤡

🤡

52/130= .4
Thanks for proving my point. Each day that number is reduced. We haven’t reached halftime yet. The game is long. My motto has always been....one goal at a time.

Good thing you don't play by mercy rules; this 'game' was over before it started: NY: 33,000 deaths (and that doesn't account for how Cumo tries to suppress the numbers even today).

The only clown in the room is the clown who is way behind but demands everyone keep going until the players lose interest.
Typical Lax Dad

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:13 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:05 am

🤡

🤡

52/130= .4

Good thing you don't play by mercy rules; this 'game' was over before it started: NY: 33,000 deaths (and that doesn't account for how Cumo tries to suppress the numbers even today).

The only clown in the room is the clown who is way behind but demands everyone keep going until the players lose interest.
How many cases in Jellystone?

“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:05 am [quote=kramerica.inc post_id=165903 time=<a href="tel:1594386140">1594386140</a> user_id=265]
[quote="Typical Lax Dad" post_id=165898 time=<a href="tel:1594385376">1594385376</a> user_id=269]
[quote=kramerica.inc post_id=165875 time=<a href="tel:1594357487">1594357487</a> user_id=265]
Speaking of blood on their hands:

🤡
[/quote]

🤡

52/130= .4
[/quote]

[/quote]

I know how math works. Do you?

52k dying at the hands of Gav and Cuomo. That number doesn’t get smaller because others go up.
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:18 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:05 am [quote=kramerica.inc post_id=165903 time=<a href="tel:1594386140">1594386140</a> user_id=265]
[quote="Typical Lax Dad" post_id=165898 time=<a href="tel:1594385376">1594385376</a> user_id=269]
[quote=kramerica.inc post_id=165875 time=<a href="tel:1594357487">1594357487</a> user_id=265]
Speaking of blood on their hands:

🤡

🤡

52/130= .4
[/quote]

[/quote]

I know how math works. Do you?

52k dying at the hands of Gav and Cuomo. That number doesn’t get smaller because others go up.
[/quote]

Is 38.5% less than the 40.0% you cited?

🤡
“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Again, I know how math percentages work. As you stated we are not even at halftime.

Is 52,000 dead acceptable to you?
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:34 am Again, I know how math percentages work. As you stated we are not even at halftime.

Like I said, thanks for proving my point.....So as to not be inconsistent, I said early on if the death rate is less than 1%, I will call it a win. So we won’t know until we get through it. I wish there were 0 deaths but that is not realistic. If your team gives up 4 goals in the first quarter, that’s enough for you?

🤡
“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

So you will NOT placing any blame on Gav or Cuomo for 52k dead.

Gotcha.

Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:34 am Again, I know how math percentages work. As you stated we are not even at halftime.

Those with TDS would have no regrets should 52,000 more die in Republican-led states; in fact they want that, they yearn for that every day. They don't care about America, they care about power and revenge. They are the least among us, the weak the dumb and the vengeful.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Are we still arguing about whether the US, and NY as the initial epicenter, was prepared for this virus and reacted effectively and quickly enough to to it, making no mistakes along the way???

Is there any area of the country in which a high percentage of the deaths in the initial months weren't in nursing homes and senior living centers?

Seriously...my GOP Governor has done a pretty darn good job, IMO, of handling this crisis, including bending the curve, but he surely would agree that nursing homes were one of the weak links, especially in early days. Still are highly vulnerable. Was this because he's a Republican? No more than because Cuomo is a Democrat. They just had early cases, with NY being far more overwhelmed with community spread before anywhere else was.

Across the country, we've learned about what practices are necessary to prevent spread in those most vulnerable, but when the community spread is rampant in the surrounding community in which employees live, it can nevertheless overwhelm.

But at least we have PPE now in the most vulnerable areas...but, uhh ohh, reports are that PPE is getting scarce again...

And at least we have testing....but uhhh ohhh we now have 8 days turnarounds in some areas, 8 hour waits in line to get tests....

When there's rampant community spread, out of control, there are ripple effects down the line.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:55 am

Those with TDS would have no regrets should 52,000 more die in Republican-led states; in fact they want that, they yearn for that every day. They don't care about America, they care about power and revenge. They are the least among us, the weak the dumb and the vengeful.

^ projections, as usual
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:02 am Are we still arguing about whether the US, and NY as the initial epicenter, was prepared for this virus and reacted effectively and quickly enough to to it, making no mistakes along the way???

Is there any area of the country in which a high percentage of the deaths in the initial months weren't in nursing homes and senior living centers?

Seriously...my GOP Governor has done a pretty darn good job, IMO, of handling this crisis, including bending the curve, but he surely would agree that nursing homes were one of the weak links, especially in early days. Still are highly vulnerable. Was this because he's a Republican? No more than because Cuomo is a Democrat. They just had early cases, with NY being far more overwhelmed with community spread before anywhere else was.

Across the country, we've learned about what practices are necessary to prevent spread in those most vulnerable, but when the community spread is rampant in the surrounding community in which employees live, it can nevertheless overwhelm.

But at least we have PPE now in the most vulnerable areas...but, uhh ohh, reports are that PPE is getting scarce again...

And at least we have testing....but uhhh ohhh we now have 8 days turnarounds in some areas, 8 hour waits in line to get tests....

When there's rampant community spread, out of control, there are ripple effects down the line.
Many folks here in NYS think King Andy has done a wonderful job controlling the virus. The downside is a huge chit load full of small businesses are now going OOB. The list grows longer every day. You may have just lost everything you worked your entire life for. As King Andy would so eloquently say to you... F**k you Upsate peasant. I am King of this state. I feel your pain but I don't give a f**k about you. You Upstate Pieces of S**t dont vote for me anyway. It is a very odd thing, you have to destroy people's lives to save people's lives. No need to worry, because King Andy feels your pain. F**k you King Andy and the horse you rode in on. :evil:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:22 am People are p/ssed, and not just the supposed “TDS” afflicted here:

https://mobile.twitter.com/billyscheel/ ... 1086814209
I would be p/ssed (and saddened) too. But I would also be p/ssed at Dad if he didn't have any personal life insurance to safeguard Mom's future in the event he passed first. After reading about his death and his daughters gofundme post, I'm fearful he did not. Obviously I don't know this to be fact. Even w/o life insurance hopefully he had some kind of retirement savings (IRA/401k/403b/457, etc) that can be turned into an income stream for Mom in her time of need. Shameful (IMO) if he didn't at age 65. The daughter doesn't share this info in her destitute GFM post.

The funeral and burial services alone are likely to cost over $10,000. In the wake of the pandemic, my mother also lost over half her income and her only remaining source of income is social security. Without Mark’s income, she will also need additional support for essential living costs until she recovers.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/urquiza-memorial

It's no secret that people unexpectedly die (for all sorts of reasons) but maybe a little advance planning would be wise (if this family had not).
Last edited by Nigel on Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:53 am So you will NOT placing any blame on Gav or Cuomo for 52k dead.

Gotcha.

Like I said, I am sticking with my word. A death rate below 1% is a win. I won’t back off it.

🤡
“I wish you would!”
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Nigel wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:20 am
seacoaster wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:22 am People are p/ssed, and not just the supposed “TDS” afflicted here:

https://mobile.twitter.com/billyscheel/ ... 1086814209
I would be ticked (and saddened) too. But I would also be ticked at Dad if he didn't have any personal life insurance to safeguard Mom's future in the event he passed first. After reading about his death and his daughters gofundme post, I'm fearful he did not. Obviously I don't know this to be fact. Even w/o life insurance hopefully he had some kind of retirement savings (IRA/401k/403b/457, etc) that can be turned into an income stream for Mom in her time of need. Shameful (IMO) if he didn't at age 65. The daughter doesn't share this info in her destitute GFM post.

The funeral and burial services alone are likely to cost over $10,000. In the wake of the pandemic, my mother also lost over half her income and her only remaining source of income is social security. Without Mark’s income, she will also need additional support for essential living costs until she recovers.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/urquiza-memorial

It's no secret that people unexpectedly die (for all sorts of reasons) but maybe a little advance planning would be wise (if this family had not).
Ouch, I don’t disagree with what you say here. I do think there is a suggestion that he was otherwise a pretty vigorous guy. Just a lot of sad and maybe unnecessary stories right now.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:02 am Are we still arguing about whether the US, and NY as the initial epicenter, was prepared for this virus and reacted effectively and quickly enough to to it, making no mistakes along the way???

your and others' defense of cuomo (and several other governors who did the same) is nonsensical on this issue.
the fact that people have died in nursing homes across the country is not the issue.

the fact that some governors made it an actual law (or policy, depending) that nursing homes had to take back covid patients by threat of punishment, wouldn't allow them to test them for covid, didn't utilize facilities available to the states for the purpose of overcrowding but rather stuff them in nursing homes... for MONTHS plural until the media and political spotlight was too bright on them.... is the issue. they will lose lawsuits bigly (that's not a fact, just a prediction) unless they somehow give themselves legal protection or write a check that a law firm deems is big enough for their 1/3 in a class action.

the proactive action is the issue. not what wasn't known, done in prep, etc. that was bad enough in hindsight many places, but is another category altogether in a pandemic.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:26 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:53 am So you will NOT placing any blame on Gav or Cuomo for 52k dead.

Gotcha.

Like I said, I am sticking with my word. A death rate below 1% is a win. I won’t back off it.

🤡

Let me help: TLD will not blame Gav or Cuomo (or Murphy for that matter), because they are Democrats. If they were Republicans, TLD would be relentless.
Typical Lax Dad

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:41 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:26 am

Gotcha.

🤡

Let me help: TLD will not blame Gav or Cuomo (or Murphy for that matter), because they are Democrats. If they were Republicans, TLD would be relentless.
Cuomo’s decision to send patients back to nursing homes was a bad decision. We would have seen fewer deaths. I didn’t follow governor Gav as closely. There was a NY tri state response. I believe most people are satisfied with how it was wrestled under control. Some luck and some good decisions.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”