All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

CU77

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by CU77 »

wgdsr wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:25 pm where did the who say the evidence for aerosol transmission, indoor or otherwise, is convincing?
They said they're changing the guidelines to take aerosol transmission into account. Why change the guidelines if you're not convinced by the evidence?

Anyway, as a physicist, I've believed from day one that aerosol transmission had to be a bigger vector than surface transmission. Ample evidence for decades that people speaking, coughing, whatever, aerosolize whatever is in their mouths and noses. Why should the coronavirus be exempt from this process? And if it's on surfaces, it had to get there through the air. Which are you more likely to encounter, air or surfaces?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Given our relatively poor preparedness after 7 months. Who do we have to blame? China?
“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:26 pm Cases have been rising for more than 2 weeks while deaths continue to decrease. Narrative fail.

Democrats upset people aren’t dying (I don’t have a graph for this).
So let's see how this June 30 Peter Brown post has aged. TL/DR -- not well.

CA, AZ, TX and FL all had their highest single day daily death toll EVER either today or yesterday.

Nationally, today we are back up to just about 1,000 daily deaths for the first time in a month. Hopefully we won't get back to the late April/early May peak of over 2,000 per day. But deaths are rising across the board. It was, obviously, just a matter of time.

So Peter Brown's narrative is the one that fails.

Listening to Peter Brown is bad for your health (physical and mental both).
Last edited by ggait on Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

CU77 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:55 pm
wgdsr wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:25 pm where did the who say the evidence for aerosol transmission, indoor or otherwise, is convincing?
They said they're changing the guidelines to take aerosol transmission into account. Why change the guidelines if you're not convinced by the evidence?

Anyway, as a physicist, I've believed from day one that aerosol transmission had to be a bigger vector than surface transmission. Ample evidence for decades that people speaking, coughing, whatever, aerosolize whatever is in their mouths and noses. Why should the coronavirus be exempt from this process? And if it's on surfaces, it had to get there through the air. Which are you more likely to encounter, air or surfaces?
they had a release today:
Airborne transmission of coronavirus in restaurants, gyms and other closed spaces can't be ruled out, WHO says

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/09/airborn ... idappshare

the release is embedded in a link in the article. i wasn't being a wise guy, i was wondering if there was a differing statement somewhere. the "convincing evidence" quote had been utilized in numerous articles the last couple days via authors/researchers of the aerosol statement. maybe where you got it from. for now, their updated guidance is they can't rule it out.

it would seem to be a very tough thing to research conclusively, but what do i know? i also wouldn't know which opinion (for now) about the present day research has more qualified/believable guys and gals, but for my money the WHO folks don't leave a really high bar to get over. so there's that.

the closest they come is say that other respiratory airborne viruses can transmit that way.

what it comes down to i guess is droplet size, how long it can hang in the air, and how much virus is needed to infect. would seem hvac systems and general air flow become more important and not so much masks (non-medical) in that event, but guess we'll see.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:55 pm

they had a release today:
Airborne transmission of coronavirus in restaurants, gyms and other closed spaces can't be ruled out, WHO says

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/09/airborn ... idappshare

the release is embedded in a link in the article. i wasn't being a wise guy, i was wondering if there was a differing statement somewhere. the "convincing evidence" quote had been utilized in numerous articles the last couple days via authors/researchers of the aerosol statement. maybe where you got it from. for now, their updated guidance is they can't rule it out.

it would seem to be a very tough thing to research conclusively, but what do i know? i also wouldn't know which opinion (for now) about the present day research has more qualified/believable guys and gals, but for my money the WHO folks don't leave a really high bar to get over. so there's that.

the closest they come is say that other respiratory airborne viruses can transmit that way.

what it comes down to i guess is droplet size, how long it can hang in the air, and how much virus is needed to infect. would seem hvac systems and general air flow become more important and not so much masks (non-medical) in that event, but guess we'll see.
General air flow will help spread it. Not dissipate it. If you have a room with negative air pressure, that’s a different story. I have customer working on a melt blown process for mask and industrial filters. It will help but not eliminate what is expressed in the air which you may breathe in before the air in the room is exchanged. I am not sure if the WHO doesn’t know anything. At all.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Donald Trump:

“For the 1/100th time, the reason we show so many Cases, compared to other countries that haven’t done nearly as well as we have, is that our TESTING is much bigger and better. We have tested 40,000,000 people. If we did 20,000,000 instead, Cases would be half, etc. NOT REPORTED!”

He really is that stupid.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

amazing.
i wonder if top scientists and leaders and people still say to him all the time "how do you know so much about science?"
DocBarrister

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by DocBarrister »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:31 pm Donald Trump:

“For the 1/100th time, the reason we show so many Cases, compared to other countries that haven’t done nearly as well as we have, is that our TESTING is much bigger and better. We have tested 40,000,000 people. If we did 20,000,000 instead, Cases would be half, etc. NOT REPORTED!”

So are those who continue to support him.

At this point, Trump and his enablers/supporters are morally culpable for mass homicide on a scale not seen on American soil since the Civil War.

Today, there were over 61,000 new cases and about 960 deaths. The pandemic is completely out of control.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

And now Trump and his moronic sycophants like DeSantis are aiming to hurt and kill our children by forcing open our schools. Children are not invulnerable against the coronavirus. Severe coagulopathies, strokes, and inflammatory disorders have been reported in some children and young adults. Even if they do not become symptomatic, they could spread the coronavirus to more vulnerable members of the population.

The deliberate and willful recklessness and purposeful neglect by Trump and his Republican supporters is morally and ethically indistinguishable from mass homicide.

We are witnessing one of the greatest moral crimes ever committed against the American people.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
CU77

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by CU77 »

DocBarrister wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:08 am At this point, Trump and his enablers/supporters are morally culpable for mass homicide on a scale not seen on American soil since the Civil War.

Today, there were over 61,000 new cases and about 960 deaths. The pandemic is completely out of control.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

And now Trump and his moronic sycophants like DeSantis are aiming to hurt and kill our children by forcing open our schools. Children are not invulnerable against the coronavirus. Severe coagulopathies, strokes, and inflammatory disorders have been reported in some children and young adults. Even if they do not become symptomatic, they could spread the coronavirus to more vulnerable members of the population.

The deliberate and willful recklessness and purposeful neglect by Trump and his Republican supporters is morally and ethically indistinguishable from mass homicide.

We are witnessing one of the greatest moral crimes ever committed against the American people.

DocBarrister
+1. Well said.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Speaking of blood on their hands:

40% of the dead (52,000 people) are from NY, NJ, CA and other governors ordering the quarantine of people sick with the Wuhan Virus together in elder care facilities.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:31 pm Donald Trump:

Speaking of stupid:

NYC Mayor de Blasio on cancelling large events through September: “It means like street fairs. It means big outdoor concerts and it means things like parades… It’s just not time for that now.”

What about protests?

"This is a historic moment. We have to respect that."

:lol: :lol: :lol:
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:49 pm Given our relatively poor preparedness after 7 months. Who do we have to blame? China?
Yes. Plenty of blame for China:
https://www.businessinsider.com/wuhan-v ... ves-2020-1
The Chinese city of Wuhan, the epicenter of a deadly coronavirus outbreak, has banned the trade of live animals at food markets after one location was linked to the spread of the disease

Police in the central Chinese city were conducting checks to ensure that the rule was enforced by the city's roughly 11 million residents, the BBC said Wednesday, citing state media reports.

The move comes after the Huanan Seafood Market in Wuhan was shuttered on January 1, after it was believed to be the starting point for the outbreak of 2019-nCov, also known as the Wuhan virus.

Before its closure, the market was selling an array of unusual animals for food, including young wolves and civet cats, which experts believe could play a part in the spread of disease.

So far, the disease has killed at least nine people and infected over 440 others.

The virus has also been transmitted in other Chinese cities, including Beijing and Shenzhen, as well as to South Korea, Thailand, Japan, and the US.

"The evidence is highly suggestive that the outbreak is associated with exposures in one seafood market in Wuhan," the World Health Organization said in a statement.

The Huanan Seafood Market is considered to be a "wet market," or a place that traditionally sells dead and live animals along with other produce and goods for consumption.

Concerns about poor hygiene at these markets have been raised before, and it is possible that the virus first jumped from animal to human via meat for sale there.

A 61-year-old man was the first person to die from the virus. According to Bloomberg, he was a regular shopper at the Huanan Seafood Market.

Wet markets are a breeding ground for disease. The Huanan Seafood Market advertised a variety of live animals, including dogs, peacocks, otters, camels, and koalas, according to The South China Morning Post.

Photos posted to social media also suggest the market was selling live wolf pups and civet cats, both of which are eaten in China.

These types of markets are popular around China and can be found in Guangzhou, Guangdong Province, and Shandong Province.

They can also be breeding grounds for viruses.

The H7N9 and H5N9 Bird flu were likely transmitted to humans via direct contact with infected poultry at a live bird market in China, according to WHO. The diseases killed a collective 1,000 people globally.

And SARS, or severe acute respiratory syndrome, which killed over 700 people on the planet between 2002 and 2003, is also SARS, is also believed to have mutated while spreading through the wet animal markets.

Wang Yuedan, a professor of immunology at Peking University's School of Basic Medical Sciences, told Bloomberg that China's preference for fresh and exotic meat "does make China susceptible to the risk of new virus outbreaks through close animal and human contact."

"The same is true for Ebola, which came about as a result of eating animals from the forest in Africa," he said
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

People are p/ssed, and not just the supposed “TDS” afflicted here:

https://mobile.twitter.com/billyscheel/ ... 1086814209
Bart

Post by Bart »

What’s the viral load? How viable is a viral load in a small micron aerisolized particle?

These are the questions that need answering. Among others.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:22 am People are p/ssed, and not just the supposed “TDS” afflicted here:

https://mobile.twitter.com/billyscheel/ ... 1086814209

The Left politicizes even their parent's deaths. Miss Urquiza is a social justice warrior Yale grad who is the "Director of Sustainable Rubber Practices" at something called the Mighty Earth Institute.

I don't know the story behind her father's death. I have no idea if he even died of Covid. I don't know one thing about him.

What I do know is anyone who would take the opportunity to politicize a parent's death is beneath contempt. I truly hope normal Americans reject the Left's cancerous assault on culture and norms.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Big Ten cancelling non league FB games

https://www.wsj.com/articles/college-fo ... 99?mod=mhp
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Hey which one of you Maryland chuckleheads was first to be immunized against Covid?

https://nypost.com/2020/07/09/maryland- ... -covid-19/

Vaccines will be commonplace by October. Strap in.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

the great "hero" and the schools:

frightening - too scary to even think about
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:21 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:49 pm Given our relatively poor preparedness after 7 months. Who do we have to blame? China?
Yes. Plenty of blame for China:
https://www.businessinsider.com/wuhan-v ... ves-2020-1
The Chinese city of Wuhan, the epicenter of a deadly coronavirus outbreak, has banned the trade of live animals at food markets after one location was linked to the spread of the disease

Police in the central Chinese city were conducting checks to ensure that the rule was enforced by the city's roughly 11 million residents, the BBC said Wednesday, citing state media reports.

The move comes after the Huanan Seafood Market in Wuhan was shuttered on January 1, after it was believed to be the starting point for the outbreak of 2019-nCov, also known as the Wuhan virus.

Before its closure, the market was selling an array of unusual animals for food, including young wolves and civet cats, which experts believe could play a part in the spread of disease.

So far, the disease has killed at least nine people and infected over 440 others.

The virus has also been transmitted in other Chinese cities, including Beijing and Shenzhen, as well as to South Korea, Thailand, Japan, and the US.

"The evidence is highly suggestive that the outbreak is associated with exposures in one seafood market in Wuhan," the World Health Organization said in a statement.

The Huanan Seafood Market is considered to be a "wet market," or a place that traditionally sells dead and live animals along with other produce and goods for consumption.

Concerns about poor hygiene at these markets have been raised before, and it is possible that the virus first jumped from animal to human via meat for sale there.

A 61-year-old man was the first person to die from the virus. According to Bloomberg, he was a regular shopper at the Huanan Seafood Market.

Wet markets are a breeding ground for disease. The Huanan Seafood Market advertised a variety of live animals, including dogs, peacocks, otters, camels, and koalas, according to The South China Morning Post.

Photos posted to social media also suggest the market was selling live wolf pups and civet cats, both of which are eaten in China.

These types of markets are popular around China and can be found in Guangzhou, Guangdong Province, and Shandong Province.

They can also be breeding grounds for viruses.

The H7N9 and H5N9 Bird flu were likely transmitted to humans via direct contact with infected poultry at a live bird market in China, according to WHO. The diseases killed a collective 1,000 people globally.

And SARS, or severe acute respiratory syndrome, which killed over 700 people on the planet between 2002 and 2003, is also SARS, is also believed to have mutated while spreading through the wet animal markets.

Wang Yuedan, a professor of immunology at Peking University's School of Basic Medical Sciences, told Bloomberg that China's preference for fresh and exotic meat "does make China susceptible to the risk of new virus outbreaks through close animal and human contact."

"The same is true for Ebola, which came about as a result of eating animals from the forest in Africa," he said
https://apple.news/ApmJQgKANSguqTceGwPmkyQ

Those sneaky Chinese!
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:04 am Speaking of blood on their hands:

40% of the dead (52,000 people) are from NY, NJ, CA and other governors ordering the quarantine of people sick with the Wuhan Virus together in elder care facilities.
52/135= 38.5%. Let’s check back next Friday. Do you think that number is going to be higher or lower?

🤡
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”