Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Sleeping in a car gets you murdered!

Welcome to the white man's world.

Not to mention we really need to be focused on real problems, like that evil clown in Maine that eats white children and lives in the gutters.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:00 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:17 am Words no longer have meaning. Where have I heard that before?

TLD apparently doesn't understand that many on the Left mean exactly that, abolish the police.
So the choice is:

1. Support bad policing, without hesitation, when they kill citizens for no reason whatsoever

2. Look at our policing methods and systems, as we did in Colorado, and make changes to procedures and laws. This means allocating our tax dollars in more effective ways.

Boy. That's a tough call, Pete. Personally, I think you and your fellow five year olds should keep it up with your "waaaaah, they're trying to eliminate the police" FoxNation game. Swing voters are REALLY impressed when Republicans pretend to be so stupid that they don't think our government needs fixing when the police put their knees on citizens who have been found guilty of nothing....and murder them.

2020 has been one of the worst years our country has seen.

And yet YOU think is the best message is: "2020 has been the best year ever! Vote Incumbent for more of the same. Change is bad".

:lol: Good one, Pete. Good luck with this path in November.

I've been on the side of criminal justice reform before you gave up your binkie. What I don't ignore (which apparently you and many others here do) is the Democrat's pull to the very very very far left. Good luck with this path in November.
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:10 am
ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:27 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:51 pm
ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:44 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:41 pm
ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:32 pm forget that TJ may have been a rapist. he was a racist slaveowner. humans in bondage. forget the year. it's reprehensible.

arguments against???

we are all the same. (TJ didnt think so)

here's one in support of the above theory- ibram kendi defines antiracist: https://www.penguin.co.uk/articles/2020 ... ntiracist/
An antiracist idea is any idea that suggests the racial groups are equals in all their apparent differences—that there is nothing right or wrong with any racial group. Antiracist ideas argue that racist policies are the cause of racial inequities.
g'head. tell ibram he's wrong.
… that gets no argument from me - FACT - he was a slaveowner.
even facts are often in dispute these days... :mrgreen:
… its pretty clear acknowledging Jefferson's flaws causes some folks to get their panties in a bunch.
grant too. :ugeek:
The Presidential List of Slave Holders

I was aware of a number of these, but some come as a surprise.
precisely why i use grant as an example! :)
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:39 pm I've been on the side of criminal justice reform before you gave up your binkie.
:lol: Riiiiiight. That explains why you're whining nonstop at the idea of fixing America's troubled police departments.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Which was my point. I thought I made that clear. It was not rape in any legal sense, what it was we really don't know, or likely ever will know. If I understand your point, you do not allow for any feeling between the two on Sally's part. Of that I am less certain. I don't think there was anything run of the mill in her just as there was not in Jefferson. Have to agree to disagree.
Come on JHU. Sally was 15. Owned property of the 44 year old man who wanted to fork her. She is penniless, powerless and homeless. If she resists, her lousy life will only get worse. Her mother showed her that, under the circumstances, you are lucky to have the opportunity to be a house maid and sex worker -- so do the job well and please the master. Better than working in the fields. Or being sold off to another plantation. As a slave, she had no options as to picking which man to date or be with.

The power dynamic and coercion is total and beyond comprehension. And is not changed by the fact the TJ didn't beat her into submission or may have developed some level of feelings for his hostage prostitute. Or that Sally developed Stockholm syndrome for TJ.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:55 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:39 pm I've been on the side of criminal justice reform before you gave up your binkie.
:lol: Riiiiiight. That explains why you're whining nonstop at the idea of fixing America's troubled police departments.

Why would I focus on a problem that doesn't exist?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:48 pm
ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:32 pm forget that TJ may have been a rapist. he was a racist slaveowner. humans in bondage. forget the year. it's reprehensible.

arguments against???

here's one in support of the above theory- ibram kendi defines antiracist: https://www.penguin.co.uk/articles/2020 ... ntiracist/
An antiracist idea is any idea that suggests the racial groups are equals in all their apparent differences—that there is nothing right or wrong with any racial group. Antiracist ideas argue that racist policies are the cause of racial inequities.
… its pretty clear acknowledging Jefferson's flaws causes some folks to get their panties in a bunch.

Interesting tidbit.
Looks like Grant handled the situation as one might hope for someone coming from the customs of those times. Yet took him two years to do so.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:59 pm
You just told me you've spent your life working on criminal justice reform, Pete.

Multiple personality disorder much?

Would you like some time to decide whether or not our criminal justice system needs reform amongst yourselves, Pete(s), and get back to us?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:48 pm

arguments against???

I was aware of Grant, he had been in the news the past month. The one that really surprised me was Van Buren, a northerner who I remembered from American History as being anti-slavery, which it turns out he was but later in his life. It is really the northerners on the list. The Virginians were no surprise at all. :lol: I am surprised people are not making a much bigger deal over Jackson. He was not just a slave owner, but a slave trader as well.

At the end of the day, I think all of this is a tempest in a teacup. You are not going to see long-term removal of a lot of these Presidential statues, and certainly not removal of the significant ones in DC. That will be a bridge too far and I suspect the BLM folks are well aware of this. It is probably good however to rub our nose in it a little - educate white society as to the real legacy and history. I am sure this is news to a lot of white American society.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:04 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:59 pm
You just told me you've spent your life working on criminal justice reform, Pete.

Multiple personality disorder much?

Would you like some time to decide whether or not our criminal justice system needs reform amongst yourselves, Pete(s), and get back to us?

You said "troubled police departments"; that is not the problem, though your wokeness wants it to be.

There are major problems in criminal justice, starting with sentencing. Did you want to discuss that?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:17 am Words no longer have meaning. Where have I heard that before?

TLD apparently doesn't understand that many on the Left mean exactly that, abolish the police.
So the choice is:

1. Support bad policing, without hesitation, when they kill citizens for no reason whatsoever

2. Look at our policing methods and systems, as we did in Colorado, and make changes to procedures and laws. This means allocating our tax dollars in more effective ways.

Boy. That's a tough call, Pete. Personally, I think you and your fellow five year olds should keep it up with your "waaaaah, they're trying to eliminate the police" FoxNation game. Swing voters are REALLY impressed when Republicans pretend to be so stupid that they don't think our government needs fixing when the police put their knees on citizens who have been found guilty of nothing....and murder them.

And yet YOU think is the best message is: "2020 has been the best year ever! Vote Incumbent for more of the same. Change is bad".

Your point sounds good in theory. When my nephew was a street cop he was very new to the job the first time a guy he was trying to talk to punched him in the face and bit him on his arm. That was the pattern for him for the next 5 years. Even an episode where the bad guy got his gun out and fired off a shot that just missed his head. You can change all of the policing methods you want. The first time any cop gets punched in the face for no reason... you look at the job and people differently. Is that right, probably not. If we want to all acknowledge here on this forum that being a beat cop means you are subject to getting physically assaulted and sent to the ER on a regular basis while trying to do your job... then hey, that is the new normal. How would you react after awhile a Fan if once a month one of your customers went off the rails and punched you in the face? Would you accept that as just being part of your business? Would there come a time when you become overly defensive because you don't enjoy those trips to the ER? I have an interesting compromise. The powers that be want to release all disciplinary records for all cops. That is fair enough. Maybe along with those reports all the medical reports on how often the officer was assaulted and injured on the job can also be included in the mix? That would not justify bad behavior, it sure would put it in a different context.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

America’s finest
“I wish you would!”
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:35 pm

So the choice is:

Your point sounds good in theory. When my nephew was a street cop he was very new to the job the first time a guy he was trying to talk to punched him in the face and bit him on his arm. That was the pattern for him for the next 5 years. Even an episode where the bad guy got his gun out and fired off a shot that just missed his head. You can change all of the policing methods you want. The first time any cop gets punched in the face for no reason... you look at the job and people differently. Is that right, probably not. If we want to all acknowledge here on this forum that being a beat cop means you are subject to getting physically assaulted and sent to the ER on a regular basis while trying to do your job... then hey, that is the new normal. How would you react after awhile a Fan if once a month one of your customers went off the rails and punched you in the face? Would you accept that as just being part of your business? Would there come a time when you become overly defensive because you don't enjoy those trips to the ER? I have an interesting compromise. The powers that be want to release all disciplinary records for all cops. That is fair enough. Maybe along with those reports all the medical reports on how often the officer was assaulted and injured on the job can also be included in the mix? That would not justify bad behavior, it sure would put it in a different context.
Where the FK are you during the day? You and MDLax share the same bubble?

Defund the police is defunding the police all across America. NYC to the tune of a billion, LA 150 million, Minneapolis council voted to defund the whole department. Cops have been ordered to stand down in countless situations.

Seattle city council told Jeff Bezos We"re coming for you and your failed capitalist system.

Black lives Matter is extorting Millions from gutless CEOS

Its not fantasy. Its real
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:35 pm Maybe along with those reports all the medical reports on how often the officer was assaulted and injured on the job can also be included in the mix? That would not justify bad behavior, it sure would put it in a different context.
This is case in point, Cradle. And why so many citizens think the issues are systemic...I certainly do.

Should we keep police on the street who clearly have PTSD from all the horrible things these people have to deal with? My answer is no.

I keep going back to this: FoxNation has convinced themselves that Americans want to punish the police. That's a shortsighted and wrongheaded way to look at things.

These proposed measures seek to protect both citizens, and the police themselves. Remember when we were arguing over the police who shot the man in the back near a fast food drive through? My procedure would say....let that man run away. It protects both the citizen, and the police officer.

Same goes for the George Floyd incident. Not only was a man murdered for no reason....four police officers are F'ed. Protect them both, and take a hard look at how we're handling this nearly impossible job.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Notice a theme?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:14 pm You said "troubled police departments"; that is not the problem,
Pete thinks that murdering a black man in broad daylight with three other policemen standing by and doing nothing is a-ok, and there's no problem.

Hard pass. You're trolling. No one is buying your trolling, Pete.
Typical Lax Dad

According to Bandito, George Floyd died of natural causes:

I am not sure if that police officer shouldn’t receive the death penalty. Imagine if this were a Bucknell lacrosse player in Brooklyn.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Did we ever get to see or hear more video footage on "why" it got to the point they needed 4 officers, and they needed to put George on the ground? Not defending the death, trying to figure out why it escalated.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:43 pm Did we ever get to see or hear more video footage on "why" it got to the point they needed 4 officers, and they needed to put George on the ground? Not defending the death, trying to figure out why it escalated.
Stop. The guy was compliant.

“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”