2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: 2020 Elections - Enough Divisiveness Already

Post by jhu72 »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:55 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:43 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:39 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:02 pm
CU88 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:58 pm Biden Should Not Debate Trump Unless

As Michael Hirsh recalled in a

Only if leading into the debate, American voters have a clear picture of Trump’s tax returns alongside Biden’s, and only if, coming out of the debate, they have a clear picture of who was telling the truth and who was not, will they be able to make a fair judgment between the two candidates.
… I really like this idea! I think Trump is going to need debates more than Joe does. Why give Trump anything?
i doubt this idea helps joe. the swing voters win the election.
in biden's case, he's going to need to convince skeptics whether he is up to the task, in addition to where his positions are now.

this kind of ultimatum, without an expectation to be accepted, will be seen as joe hiding out so that assessment can't be made. imo.

he's going to be in his basement, not campaigning much, and then not debate?

all his votes will need to be anybody but trump and straight dems. and no joe won't exactly get people off the couch.

meantime, trump won't face tough questions of a debate and will be crafting whatever message out on the trail without challenge.
… disagree. There aren't enough real swing voters in this election. If what you say is true, I feel comfortable in giving Trump the small number. They are already predisposed to vote for him.
not sure how you know this exactly, but then again i didn't expect to be changing your mind. just stating an opinion.
… didn't think you were really trying. But one of the self described cohort proved my point.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

CU77 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:22 pm Learn. Their. Names.

Great ad. As a registered Republican, after receiving an email from NC Senator Tillis’ re-election committee a few weeks ago I responded to them that Tillis is a Trump sycophant and I’m going to happily vote for whomever is the democrat running against him.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:09 pm

Only if leading into the debate, American voters have a clear picture of Trump’s tax returns alongside Biden’s, and only if, coming out of the debate, they have a clear picture of who was telling the truth and who was not, will they be able to make a fair judgment between the two candidates.
… I really like this idea! I think Trump is going to need debates more than Joe does. Why give Trump anything?
in biden's case, he's going to need to convince skeptics whether he is up to the task, in addition to where his positions are now.

this kind of ultimatum, without an expectation to be accepted, will be seen as joe hiding out so that assessment can't be made. imo.

all his votes will need to be anybody but trump and straight dems. and no joe won't exactly get people off the couch.

meantime, trump won't face tough questions of a debate and will be crafting whatever message out on the trail without challenge.
… disagree. There aren't enough real swing voters in this election. If what you say is true, I feel comfortable in giving Trump the small number. They are already predisposed to vote for him.
not sure how you know this exactly, but then again i didn't expect to be changing your mind. just stating an opinion.
… didn't think you were really trying. But one of the self described cohort proved my point.
whatever you think you know about him, he doesn't live in florida. or texas. or pennsylvania. or any others that will end up electing the next potus.
i really am shocked that anyone thinks this is the playbook (assume and act like we're gonna win), but evidently you're not alone.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

tech37 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:07 pm

72 is SO wrong to be SO certain! First of all, we have no idea what turn of event(s) happen(s) from now until Nov. that could change the current voter perception(s). And now, after all of the disgusting civil unrest, there could possibly be many, many swing voters who are afraid to even admit they could possibly vote for Trump. 72 hasn't been this pumped up since the Mueller Report was about to be released, and we know how that turned out ;)
I made myself clear - if the approval / disapproval numbers continue to favor Biden, by as large of a margin as they do, I feel comfortable. If that changes, I will re-evaluate. This is not 2016. Different candidate match up than 2016. Trump is a different candidate in that he now has a record. The anti-trump crowd will not stay home, as opposed to the I am not so crazy about Hillary and she is going to win anyway crowd. We will see.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:15 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:09 pm

whatever you think you know about him, he doesn't live in florida. or texas. or pennsylvania. or any others that will end up electing the next potus.
i really am shocked that anyone thinks this is the playbook (assume and act like we're gonna win), but evidently you're not alone.
… I don't execute the playbook - I am not a DNC or campaign staffer, I am a numbers guy. At the moment, the numbers look really good for Joe, not so good for Orange Duce.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:12 pm
CU77 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:22 pm Learn. Their. Names.

Great ad. As a registered Republican, after receiving an email from NC Senator Tillis’ re-election committee a few weeks ago I responded to them that Tillis is a Trump sycophant and I’m going to happily vote for whomever is the democrat running against him.
based on what I am seeing, you are clearly not alone.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

72 is SO wrong to be SO certain! First of all, we have no idea what turn of event(s) happen(s) from now until Nov. that could change the current voter perception(s). And now, after all of the disgusting civil unrest, there could possibly be many, many swing voters who are afraid to even admit they could possibly vote for Trump. 72 hasn't been this pumped up since the Mueller Report was about to be released, and we know how that turned out ;)

The left are the biggest idiots walking among us. The irony is they’re the most irrationally confident.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:33 pm

The left are the biggest idiots walking among us. The irony is they’re the most irrationally confident.
… more projection :lol:
njbill

Post by njbill »

Here’s my tea leaf.

Remember how even as late as a few weeks back, Pete was continuously crowing about how Trump was going to win the election? We don’t hear that from him any more.

Speaks volumes to me.

. . . and cue the response from the guy from Big Mouth (English for Boca Grande) Florida.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

tech37 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:49 pm and can you imagine Kanye and Trump debating with Biden in absentia? Not a good look for moderate swing voters like myself ;)
i didn't even think about that. is kanye even serious, has that been vetted yet?
i guess we'll see if he starts a campaign, real $$ and effort.

trump, kanye, the green party candidate and no joe. i actually would take that as a poor man's debate.

i'd been saying around the office back in january/feb that there had to be biden/trump debates and no one had better take that away from me!!!
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:15 pm
tech37 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:49 pm and can you imagine Kanye and Trump debating with Biden in absentia? Not a good look for moderate swing voters like myself ;)
i didn't even think about that. is kanye even serious, has that been vetted yet?

trump, kanye, the green party candidate and no joe. i actually would take that as a poor man's debate.

i'd been saying around the office back in january/feb that there had to be biden/trump debates and no one had better take that away from me!!!
Kanye claims he doesn't like Trump any more, doesn't support him. I am skeptical. At this point I am not concerned about Kanye. If Kanye was in the debate, that would change my feeling about Biden's need to participate. In other news, 78% of Bernie's people are now supporting Biden, 4% move to Trump. 100% of Pocahontas' supporters have moved to Biden. So much for the so called left not supporting Biden.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:15 pm

Kanye said he wants to run the United States like Wakanda. Peter, Tech, Get it to x, Kramerica are right. Kanye is going to carry the black vote and it’s going to hurt Biden.
“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Kanye/Trump debate would be epic.

If Kanye’s running he and Trump would be smart to host their own debate with or without Biden.

Zero leverage for Biden if Kanye’s really in.
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:26 pm Kanye/Trump debate would be epic.

If Kanye’s running he and Trump would be smart to host their own debate with or without Biden.

He is going to water down black support for Biden.... oh well Joe looked like he had a chance. Blacks are going to flock to Kanye. Ask your friends.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:26 pm Kanye/Trump debate would be epic.

if you had written this 6 years ago, they would've taken you out in a straightjacket.

in 2020, anything goes.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:10 pm

if you had written this 6 years ago, they would've taken you out in a straightjacket.

in 2020, anything goes.
In 2024 you will have Tucker Carlson and Diddy.
“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:13 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:10 pm

in 2020, anything goes.
In 2024 you will have Tucker Carlson and Diddy.
RIGHT?!!

6 years ago no one had:

Pandemic, Tiger Documentaries, Mass Riots/protests, Murder Hornets, President Donald Trump, Candidate Kanye West...
a fan

Post by a fan »

Remember when we thought Australian Brush Fires were the story of 2020?

CU77

Re: Democratic Tsunami?!?

Post by CU77 »

DocBarrister wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:57 pm we have decided to make political donations this year. We’re not taking any chances ... and we’re not relying on any stinkin’ polls.

After witnessing the horror of the past several years, the Republican Party must not merely be defeated this November ... it must be crushed, destroyed, and buried.
Completely agree.

Consider including the Lincoln Project and the Princeton Election Consortium anti-gerrymandering campaign on your donation list.

https://secure.actblue.com/donate/pec2020

https://lincolnproject.us
DocBarrister

Re: Democratic Tsunami?!?

Post by DocBarrister »

CU77 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:35 am
DocBarrister wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:57 pm we have decided to make political donations this year. We’re not taking any chances ... and we’re not relying on any stinkin’ polls.

After witnessing the horror of the past several years, the Republican Party must not merely be defeated this November ... it must be crushed, destroyed, and buried.
Completely agree.

Consider including the Lincoln Project and the Princeton Election Consortium anti-gerrymandering campaign on your donation list.

https://secure.actblue.com/donate/pec2020

https://lincolnproject.us
Good suggestions!

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister

Return to “POLITICS”