Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by a fan »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:43 pm Thomas Jefferson wrote and signed the Declaration of Independence, Became President of the United States, Founded the University of Virginia, designed and built Monticello, was Ambassador to France and made the Louisiana Purchase doubling the size of the United States. You?

You prefer to think of him instead as his weakest alleged flaw.
Nope. I want to actually think of him in his totality. I'm a moderate, remember?

The far right wants to pretend like Jefferson and others walked on water, and refuse to so much as look at his mistakes.

The far left wants to ONLY look at Jefferson's flaws, and refuse to look at his miraculous volume of work.

I think he was a genius, and is one of my favorite thinkers...and his best work is still a feature of America to this day. But----but----some of his worst flaws were written into our Constitution, and haunt our Nation to this day.

You can be all of these things. I refuse to ignore either the good or bad things Jefferson did. THAT is erasing history.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:49 pm
6ftstick wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:43 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:21 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:42 pm a fan: Jefferson is not perfect, so screwge him; (you forgot he masturbated once too). a fan says off with his head, the big head!

What are you seeking a fan, besides bs excuses for the DNC mob to tear down history? Do you need perfection? Should we just do away with beauty? Should we let the mob dictate public discourse? Seems so for you.
Nope. As usual, you don't read a single word your fellow posters write. Not one.

Show me where I said one word about wanting Jefferson torn down. Go ahead. I'll wait.

(pssst. I said no such thing)

All I did was tell you what, factually, Jefferson actually did. We have his work in writing, Pete.

And what is your reaction to this news? You don't want to hear it. Jefferson is perfect.
Thomas Jefferson wrote and signed the Declaration of Independence, Became President of the United States, Founded the University of Virginia, designed and built Monticello, was Ambassador to France and made the Louisiana Purchase doubling the size of the United States. You?

… which flaw was his alleged weakest?
that's he's white

that he owned property

that he slept with one of his slaves

or whatever evil you sthink of when you hear his name. Because we all know you're superior
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:51 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:42 pm a fan: Jefferson is not perfect, so screwge him; (you forgot he masturbated once too). a fan says off with his head, the big head!

What are you seeking a fan, besides bs excuses for the DNC mob to tear down history? Do you need perfection? Should we just do away with beauty? Should we let the mob dictate public discourse? Seems so for you.
Nope. As usual, you don't read a single word your fellow posters write. Not one.

Show me where I said one word about wanting Jefferson torn down. Go ahead. I'll wait.

All I did was tell you what, factually, Jefferson actually did. We have his work in writing, Pete.

And what is your reaction to this news? You don't want to hear it. Jefferson is perfect.
Thomas Jefferson wrote and signed the Declaration of Independence, Became President of the United States, Founded the University of Virginia, designed and built Monticello, was Ambassador to France and made the Louisiana Purchase doubling the size of the United States. You?

that's he's white - nothing alleged here, FACT he is white, no one has said that is a flaw

that he owned property - nothing alleged here, he owned property, that property being slaves is certainly viewed as a flaw

that he slept with one of his slaves - nothing alleged here, he did sleep with a female slave and impregnated her at least 7 times is viewed as a flaw by some and not by others, in fact I am sure some Americans actually find it to be a love story

or whatever evil you sthink of when you hear his name. Because we all know you're superior
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:06 pm

that's he's white - nothing alleged here, FACT he is white, no one has said that is a flaw

that he owned property - nothing alleged here, he owned property, that property being slaves is certainly viewed as a flaw

that he slept with one of his slaves - nothing alleged here, he did sleep with a female slave and impregnated her at least 7 times is viewed as a flaw by some and not by others, in fact I am sure some Americans actually find it to be a love story

I believe previously you claimed Jefferson "raped" Hemmings.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:50 pm
6ftstick wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:43 pm Thomas Jefferson wrote and signed the Declaration of Independence, Became President of the United States, Founded the University of Virginia, designed and built Monticello, was Ambassador to France and made the Louisiana Purchase doubling the size of the United States. You?

Nope. I want to actually think of him in his totality. I'm a moderate, remember?

The far right wants to pretend like Jefferson and others walked on water, and refuse to so much as look at his mistakes.

The far left wants to ONLY look at Jefferson's flaws, and refuse to look at his miraculous volume of work.

I think he was a genius, and is one of my favorite thinkers...and his best work is still a feature of America to this day. But----but----some of his worst flaws were written into our Constitution, and haunt our Nation to this day.

You can be all of these things. I refuse to ignore either the good or bad things Jefferson did. THAT is erasing history.

No you don't.

And even if you did (you don't, but I'll play), what does that even mean? Not good enough for a statue or two, correct? They 'gots' to come down, correct? Cause the man owned slaves, like ummm just about anyone who had money back then in the south did.

Come out and tell us what you want done with Monticello? Burn it down? Parcel it out to black families as reparations? What about his statues? What about his UVA legacy? Erase it?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:47 pm Amusing Trumpnista painters charged.

The Left wishes to now control the town square of defacing public property. Interesting attempt, but will be tossed in a court where the sane members outnumber the insane left.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:07 pm

… I did not. I said in the 21st century based on what is known, her age when the relationship began, it would have been rape (in some states). Reading is fundamental.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Another racist hoax exposed today:

https://keprtv.com/news/local/umatilla- ... to-himself

Umatilla County politician speaks out after police say he wrote racist letter to himself

How many more of these does one need to read about to realize that most Americans are in fact not racist, but because the media and the DNC keep pushing the narrative, others jump into the fray hoping to take advantage? One of the reasons you should not trust Democrats with this Fall's election voting is because they feel perfectly safe trying out fake race hoaxes because they know that the national media won;t care, and most Democrats will support them anyway. This guy will pay no real penalty and even Fanlax Dems will refuse to condemn him in nay real way.

Carry on, I guess.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:11 pm

The Left wishes to now control the town square of defacing public property. Interesting attempt, but will be tossed in a court where the sane members outnumber the insane left.
Sorry, BLM mural was legally placed with permission of the city. The only defacing was done by the people playing "stupid Trumpnista tricks" and that's why they are being charged.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:10 pm No you don't.

And even if you did (you don't, but I'll play), what does that even mean? Not good enough for a statue or two, correct? They 'gots' to come down, correct?
Dude. Are you illiterate or something? This is two times now: I never said....anywhere....that Jefferson's statues had to come down.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:15 pm Another racist hoax exposed today:

https://keprtv.com/news/local/umatilla- ... to-himself

Umatilla County politician speaks out after police say he wrote racist letter to himself

How many more of these does one need to read about to realize that most Americans are in fact not racist, but because the media and the DNC keep pushing the narrative, others jump into the fray hoping to take advantage? One of the reasons you should not trust Democrats with this Fall's election voting is because they feel perfectly safe trying out fake race hoaxes because they know that the national media won;t care, and most Democrats will support them anyway. This guy will pay no real penalty and even Fanlax Dems will refuse to condemn him in nay real way.

Carry on, I guess.
Like this hoax

“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
6x6

Post by 6x6 »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:17 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:11 pm

Sorry, BLM mural was legally placed with permission of the city. The only defacing was done by the people playing "stupid Trumpnista tricks" and that's why they are being charged.
A Blue Line, supporting police, was also legally approved to be painted on a street by the City Manager in Tucson after going through proper channels. Thankfully, the mayor prevented any possibility of defacing by calling the man submitting the request a white supremacist and demanding the aforementioned approval be withdrawn. This despite the fact that the mayor approved a BLM banner be hung from city hall, along with BLack Lives Matter being painted on the street.

https://tucson.com/news/local/tim-stell ... ceb97.html

For years, police officers in departments like Tucson’s have been learning de-escalation.

They learn to slow down their response to agitated people, to respond proportionally, to lower the temperature of a confrontation, not raise it. Sometimes they fail at it, as we saw in the case of Carlos Adrian Ingram-Lopez, and we demand they do better. But it’s a valuable skill to have — and not just for police officers.

In this volatile era especially, with President Trump’s itchy Twitter finger constantly threatening escalation, it’s important for politicians to put de-escalation to work for the better of the communities they serve. Politicians such as Tucson’s new mayor, Regina Romero, for example.

On Thursday at 4:32 p.m., Romero posted on Twitter a statement about a situation that nobody in the general public had heard of. Some local citizens wanted to paint a blue line down the street on South Stone Avenue in front of the Tucson Police Department as a gesture of support for police. Romero announced she was asking City Manager Mike Ortega to reverse his decision to approve it.

In the process, she also accused a previously unknown Tucson resident of being a white supremacist and dragged City Council members and officials into a conflict.

There are various reasons why the blue line is a questionable idea, in my view, but it came after people painted “Black Lives Matter” on North Stone Avenue, and after Romero had a Black Lives Matter banner hung from the top of City Hall. You can’t turn the streets and City Hall into a canvas for political views but say only certain views are acceptable.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

If you support BLM but not police, normals would really prefer you vote strictly for Democrats, and please shout out your allegiances.
Typical Lax Dad

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:41 pm If you support BLM but not police, normals would really prefer you vote strictly for Democrats, and please shout out your allegiances.
Where is your nuance Bandito?

“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:23 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:41 pm If you support BLM but not police, normals would really prefer you vote strictly for Democrats, and please shout out your allegiances.

No human with even an ounce of pride can align with the left any longer. Read this article on the cancel culture of the woke Taliban left to see how utterly chaotic and ruinous their philosophy is:

https://quillette.com/2020/07/09/it-was ... it-happen/

The left is America’s enemy.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:38 pm

No human with even an ounce of pride can align with the left any longer. Read this article on the cancel culture of the woke Taliban left to see how utterly chaotic and ruinous their philosophy is:

… nice choice of source. Another very extreme right wing nationalist source with questionable veracity based on media bias checking. You had to go all the way to Australia to find this. :lol:
Last edited by jhu72 on Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:38 pm

How is Jellystone treating you?
“I wish you would!”
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:07 pm

I claimed.

And HE did.

A teenaged female slave cannot in any way “consent” to sexual relations with her owner.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:58 pm es - he was what he was, a man of his times, a flawed human being.
and you're not?

At least Jefferson had some major positive things in his life.
Live Free or Die!

Return to “POLITICS”