2019 Fantasy Lacrosse Draft

2019 D1 Mens Fantasy Lacrosse
nclaxin

Re: 2019 Fantasy Lacrosse Draft

Post by nclaxin »

What about schools that have not posted a roster yet? There are still 3 or 4 in our league that have not done so...
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

nclaxin wrote:The reason he is being named is that at this point, he is not different than O'neill...Shellenberger, etc...

Everyone knew about him as a prospect for next year...but, he pulled the old switcharoo at the last minute.

This is a very unique situation.

I guess there is only one question to answer:

- If he shows up on Maryland's roster, before the end of the draft, can he be drafted?

While I think it should be a no...according to our current rules...I believe it would "technically' be yes.
I see how this could become more of an issue in the future, if guys like O'Neill or Shellenberger pull a Tommy Coyne and enroll early, and if it becomes more common. It's been going on for awhile in college hockey, but it's not really common. Maybe this is the discussion to lead us to abandon the early and slow draft for future seasons. I'm not seeing how this one player should be an exception for this season. I don't think he would've been drafted in the first round, which means everyone would've passed on him.
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

nclaxin wrote:What about schools that have not posted a roster yet? There are still 3 or 4 in our league that have not done so...
Maybe that's reason enough to abandon the early slow draft.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

ohmi, I think you'd need to call the Bursar's Office at the school and, even then, I'm not sure if they'd tell you. That might be a little too much research for our league.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
nclaxin

Post by nclaxin »

Matnum PI wrote:ohmi, I think you'd need to call the Bursar's Office at the school and, even then, I'm not sure if they'd tell you. That might be a little too much research for our league.
:lol:
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

Matnum PI wrote:ohmi, I think you'd need to call the Bursar's Office at the school and, even then, I'm not sure if they'd tell you. That might be a little too much research for our league.
I knew OCanada had inside information, but I didn't know it involved University Bursar or Registrar offices.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

OCanada wrote:Addendum: It is very possible Maryland's semester does not begin until after our draft ends in which case he cannot be eligible until next draft. I favor that approach regardless of dates
^ agree 100%
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

As someone said above, according to the rules, if DeMaio pops onto the MD Roster this afternoon, he should be eligible. According to the rules, I think the issue is less that he may pop onto a roster and more that we're discussing him. I know of players that should be on, for example, Loyola's Roster who aren't. Yet I'm pretty sure they're on the squad and, when they get put on the roster, they should be fair game. How good a player is shouldn't be the deciding factor in terms of whether they're draftable or not. Similar scenario, Joe Lacrosse transfers from JHU (where he rode the bench as a freshman) to UMBC where he'll start and... Joe's draftable the second he's put on the UMBC online Roster. If this happens today and Tartan wants him, then kudos to Tartan. There's some luck involved for us, there's some luck involved for Desko, Petro, or whomever. But back to DeMaio, grabbing DeMaio is most certainly about wits, good info, etc. The issue is... We're discussing him so now it's not about wits, good info, etc. In the future, say nothing. Then, when someone grabs him, the debate should start. But saying something beforehand guarantees to create an issue when, if nothing is said, the player may be an issue, he may not. So, from where I'm sitting, at this moment, this may change when/if Demaio is drafted, the issue is, How do we handle a player that's been outed as good and (potentially) eligible in the later rounds of the draft? Along the same lines, should their be a penalty for coaches that speak up? (Not for you UK. I mean going forward.)
nclaxin

Post by nclaxin »

UK should lose every game against a team "based" in a state that was an original colony...seems fair to me.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

I have one more pick, then I'm done. If DeMaio shows up in January and there are only 3 teams picking and one of them grabs Demaio, there's a piece of me that feels like, That make sense. I filled all my scholarships, CalLax still had some money to give out, so CalLax or We Want More or Typical lucked out and got a great player late in the game. Something seems organic and real about this. It's obviously not 100% a mirror-image of NCAA lacrosse but there seems to be a relative similarity.
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

nclaxin wrote:UK should lose every game against a team "based" in a state that was an original colony...seems fair to me.
THAT actually makes a lot of sense. UK should not be allowed to draft from the original colonies.
Caddy Day
nclaxin

Post by nclaxin »

Matnum PI wrote:
nclaxin wrote:UK should lose every game against a team "based" in a state that was an original colony...seems fair to me.
THAT actually makes a lot of sense. UK should not be allowed to draft from the original colonies.

THAT is an even better idea...

PS. The more I think about it, the more I think he should be eligible "if" he is on a roster before the end of the draft (including drop/add)

...Then we can all (except one coach) feel like Boston University....
TartanLax1822

Post by TartanLax1822 »

He was going to be my draft pick, so if I can't draft him I don't think others should be allowed to either simply because an administrator decided to put him up next Friday instead of this afternoon.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

OhMi I di not believe they can be on the official roster if they are not enrolled

If we allow an h enrolled student to be drafted then anyone could be drafted and I know my next pick
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

I don’t think the analogy of being real world type of situation quite holds up.
TartanLax1822

Post by TartanLax1822 »

Is there a world where we allow people to draft HS recruits as early as they want? Takes up roster space and it might not even pay off
nclaxin

Post by nclaxin »

Tartan...

The problem is that even if it is your pick...the kid is not in college yet, so you could not have drafted him anyways.

Literally, the only question that even applies to this league...is whether he can/should be drafted once he is at Maryland. Period.
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

nclaxin wrote:Tartan...

The problem is that even if it is your pick...the kid is not in college yet, so you could not have drafted him anyways.

Literally, the only question that even applies to this league...is whether he can/should be drafted once he is at Maryland. Period.
I agree.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Currently, DeMaio isn't on a Roster. Tartan, feel free to wait until 11:59 PM before you pick just in case the Terps add him to their online roster but... I highly doubt this will happen. With this said... you said you knew who you wanted yesterday. You changing your mind?
Caddy Day
TartanLax1822

Post by TartanLax1822 »

That was who I wanted to pick.....have we made a ruling on if he appears on the roster later and the draft is still going?

Return to “2019 D1 MENS FANTASY LACROSSE”