2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
tech37

Re: 2020 Elections - Enough Divisiveness Already

Post by tech37 »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:20 pm Who created the Boomer generation? If you feel the Boomers are so bad, you should blame the Greatest Generation. The truth is, this is all horsesh!t. Every succeeding generation is on average better than the last, in my opinion. That is the way it is supposed to be. I know my kids are better human beings than me, and I know I am a better human being than my father. What's the point otherwise?
Actually agree 72. Imagine that? I explained this to farfrom months ago when he went off on a boomer rant. Each generation is a byproduct of the preceding generation(s) and in general have gained in innumerable ways.
Last edited by tech37 on Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:45 pm
jhu72 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:20 pm Who created the Boomer generation? If you feel the Boomers are so bad, you should blame the Greatest Generation. The truth is, this is all horsesh!t. Every succeeding generation is on average better than the last, in my opinion. That is the way it is supposed to be. I know my kids are better human beings than me, and I know I am a better human being than my father. What's the point otherwise?
"and I know I am a better human being than my father."

I wish I could say that. I have spent a good portion of my life trying to be like my dad. I miss him horribly every damn day. He gave me my love of gardening and I am still trying to grow better tomatoes than he did.
So true C&S. Haven't filled my dad's shoes... maybe if my teenager turns out to be a solid citizen... maybe then :D
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

How do we explain the following generation being the first in US history to not be better off economically than any prior? Seems to be in conflict with the concept that every generation is better off.

But I guess it was explained to me by my senior so I should just shut up and take it (in the backside) I guess.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
CU77

Post by CU77 »

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

tech37 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:15 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:45 pm
"and I know I am a better human being than my father."

I wish I could say that. I have spent a good portion of my life trying to be like my dad. I miss him horribly every damn day. He gave me my love of gardening and I am still trying to grow better tomatoes than he did.
So true C&S. Haven't filled my dad's shoes... maybe if my teenager turns out to be a solid citizen... maybe then :D
I am lucky, both of my boys graduated college, both are married with families, both have great careers. I have always worked hard and I hope I passed that on to them. If I did it was because I learned it from my dad, who was the hardest working person I ever knew. I can't leave my mom out of this either. I had 2 working parents long before it was ever in style.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
ggait

Post by ggait »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:08 pm
ggait wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:43 am Peter — I just saw a picture of your wife. Wow — she’s quite a Democrat!
You did? Does she have a mustache? Which reminds me, you really need to add two more of his brilliant quotes to the three you use post-signature:

Our resident stereotypist says he never trusts a guy with a mustache. (Which is why I wonder if he likes women with mustaches.)

He also claims all overweight people are lazy, excepting of course his hero. (He always denies the Liar-in-Chief is his hero, but never misses an opportunity to come to his defense, or an opportunity to condemn anything the Liar-in-Chief says.)
SCL -- Two more classic examples of Petey's bull shirtery which definitely deserve to be rubbed into his nose over and over again.

Unfortunately, there is a character limit on the signature block. Which is quite fortunate for Petey.

Because if I pasted in all the moronic troll shirt he posts, my signature block would be three pages long.

But you could add those classic trolls to your signature block...
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
ggait

Post by ggait »

He also claims all overweight people are lazy, excepting of course his hero. (He always denies the Liar-in-Chief is his hero, but never misses an opportunity to come to his defense, or an opportunity to condemn anything the Liar-in-Chief says.)
America is a pretty chubby country. So if you hate all the fatties and all the moustache-ers and all the Democrats, you hate like 90% of the country.

So I guess it is time for Petey to leave. Since he hates America.

Do you think that Brazil or Turkey would take him? Or Russia?
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

ggait wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:47 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:08 pm
ggait wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:43 am Peter — I just saw a picture of your wife. Wow — she’s quite a Democrat!
You did? Does she have a mustache? Which reminds me, you really need to add two more of his brilliant quotes to the three you use post-signature:

Our resident stereotypist says he never trusts a guy with a mustache. (Which is why I wonder if he likes women with mustaches.)

SCL -- Two more classic examples of Petey's bull shirtery which definitely deserve to be rubbed into his nose over and over again.

Unfortunately, there is a character limit on the signature block. Which is quite fortunate for Petey.

Because if I pasted in all the moronic troll shirt he posts, my signature block would be three pages long.

But you could add those classic trolls to your signature block...
I use to have a similar problem with a member of this forum. Every attempt at a conversation always wound up with the same old song and dance. My buddy Bush, my buddy Reagan, My buddy Nixon, my buddy Joe McCarthy, my buddies in the KKK... and so on and so forth. That is why the ignore function is such a wonderful thing. I love it when people disagree with me, I love it when people take exception to something I say and give me their opinion. I may be a slow learner but I am always willing to listen and accept when I am wrong. PB has gotten under the skin of quite a few people around here. He may be the most prolific agitator on this forum. Everybody thinks he is a troll but they always nibble at the bait.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

ggait wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:57 pm
America is a pretty chubby country. So if you hate all the fatties and all the moustache-ers and all the Democrats, you hate like 90% of the country.

I don’t know about hating mustaches but I have some adjacent neighborhoods with a lot of handlebar mustaches, unicycle riding, man buns and a belief they discovered folk music. I believe they are referred to as hipsters. Not hatred but annoying. The style is called Steampump or something like that as if they were bodybuilders in silent films but with inverted chests.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:08 pm
ggait wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:57 pm

I don’t know about hating mustaches but I have some adjacent neighborhoods with a lot of handlebar mustaches, unicycle riding, man buns and a belief they discovered folk music. I believe they are referred to as hipsters. Not hatred but annoying. The style is called Steampump or something like that as if they were bodybuilders in silent films but with inverted chests.
:lol: my laugh for the day. You had better hope they don't take an interest in bluegrass or maybe the bagpipes.
Bob Ross:
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

For your erudition - it is Steampunk.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I was close enough. That I bothered to ask a guy once about it was more than I wanted to bear anyways.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Got a great Christmas gift idea for the neighbors, Ffg.
https://www.wayfair.com/Breakwater-Bay- ... aAEALw_wcB
Keeps the peace and they might invite you into their circle.
Play the harmonica or Jew's harp? Both?
Last edited by DMac on Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

DMac wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:11 pm Got a great Christmas gift idea for the neighbors, Ffg.
Play the harmonica or Jew's harp. Both?
Actual picture:

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

My brother in law, carries by my father in law his entire life, home bought for him, bought and let him run a computer video game bar for nearly a decade that lost between $3k-$7k/mo for nearly a decade where he took the title of CEO and hired FOUR managers (for over two locations between. 3,000 and 5,000sq ft) but never diluted the brother in laws stake, paid for everything. Couldn’t graduate two shots at Appalaichan St and Ga St and doesn’t even drink or party. Got him a job he lost after a few months and we were out for dinner and they asked what happened and his reply starts out “well there’s these tasks I’m supposed to do and wasn’t....he is super arrogant, acts like he and his weirdo wife are ubermensch’s, advanced beyond society. No income. He’s into japanimation or something like that and she’s into this weird thing called gothic Lolita. We’re talking like 34-36yr olds. So I’ve been introduced to far more stuff than I care to know about but usually politely ask a few questions of them and their friends on the occasions I’m at their house before I find a liquor bottle and take a 2hr dump with the bathroom door super locked.
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:23 pm
How do we explain the following generation being the first in US history to not be better off economically than any prior? Seems to be in conflict with the concept that every generation is better off.

But I guess it was explained to me by my senior so I should just shut up and take it (in the backside) I guess.
… I did not say better off. I said better human beings. I don't measure success in being a human being in dollar terms (or for that matter anything important in those terms). I can't define being a human being for you, that is for you to define.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:13 pm
DMac wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:11 pm Got a great Christmas gift idea for the neighbors, Ffg.
Play the harmonica or Jew's harp. Both?
Actual picture:

I wouldn’t mind that table as my special “dark and stormy” table...
CU77

Post by CU77 »

President Trump’s relentless attacks on the security of mail voting are driving suspicion among GOP voters toward absentee ballots — a dynamic alarming Republican strategists, who say it could undercut their own candidates, including Trump himself.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html
DMac

Post by DMac »

They're not living in MDlax's basement, are they, Ffg?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:16 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:23 pm

… I did not say better off. I said better human beings. I don't measure success in being a human being in dollar terms (or for that matter anything important in those terms). I can't define being a human being for you, that is for you to define.
There’s pages of posters including you pointing out the difference in decision making, opportunity and otherwise as a function of effectively resources (incl money). How’s the nest generation going to be better people when they have more pressure from this financial mess and are going to be forced to make harder decisions due to said decline in resources?

Ie we are able to be better because we can focus on “first world problems”. Energy considerations seem to ebb and flow with the cost of oil in general for example. Reduced optionality will make it harder for the next generation to become better human beings I suspect. We kind of see it with MAGA already.

Return to “POLITICS”