Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by Farfromgeneva »

How many times do folks have to come with the slippery slope argument. It's the same argument recycled over and over. There's a time and place where it's appropriate but it's like a simpleton, lowest common denominator, not that compelling and misunderstood argument the way it's tossed around here, typically be people who really hate the left.

Can't somebody come up with a unique case that isn't just a re-wording of that argument? Is it so hard to come up with something different?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:37 am How many times do folks have to come with the slippery slope argument.
It's not an argument. It's pure conjecture. e.g. If we allow for gay marriage, next, people will want to marry their pets. This statement is possibly true but... Far from true. It's not an argument. It's an anxiety-based fantasy.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:39 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:31 am
youthathletics wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:19 am
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:41 am
6ftstick wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:01 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:51 am W&L Faculty voted to express support to remove Lee from school name.
Faculty later voted to remove Washington, but the measure failed.

https://theweek.com/speedreads/923985/w ... university
The Creator of HAMILTON is apologizing for his play after withering social media blasts. Has anyone ever walked out at the end of a performance of Hamilton and thought wow that's pretty conservative.

The woke virtue-signaling cancel-crowd will not be appeased.

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."—Churchill

Defund the police! Kill babies! Sorry I misspoke, Kill the products of conception!

They always eat their own. And their own are too dumb to see it coming.

John T Edge was as liberal as they come, and it wasn't enough to save his job when the Democratic mob came for him.

The NYC School council video is a perfect illustration of what happens when you allow leftists to assume power:

https://twitter.com/pxlitic/status/1279 ... 59744?s=20

Look and listen to how unhinged these nutcases are
Sadly, the anger she bores, comes from the inner turmoil of innately knowing she is a product of her surroundings and the people to which she associates...but so craves the freedom and free will to escape her own mental circus. She just needs to hang out at a barbecue, in the country, drink some Bud Light, throw some horseshoes or corn bags, hop in a 4x4, go fishing, and catch fireflies. She is wound up way too tight. :lol:
Are you being scornful or ridiculing this person?

He should do both. So should anyone. And yet she has a relatively impactful position in NYC over schoolchildren who apparently she could not care less about as she never once raises any issue related to kids in her lunacy rant.
I’ll let YA reply to your suggestion.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:51 am W&L Faculty voted to express support to remove Lee from school name.

this is an interesting thought: https://www.richmond.com/news/washingto ... ing%20News
The three permanent Black faculty members at W&L’s law school called for the removal of both Washington’s and Lee’s names from the school’s name, according to a letter sent to Dudley.

“It is worth exploring why the faculty has decided to make a collective statement on Lee and why the faculty has not included a demand to drop Washington in their petition,” according to the letter written by Brandon Hasbrouck, an alum and associate professor of law. “It is no longer acceptable, profitable or convenient to be associated with Lee but it is for Washington.”
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:52 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:37 am How many times do folks have to come with the slippery slope argument.
It's not an argument. It's pure conjecture. e.g. If we allow for gay marriage, next, people will want to marry their pets. This statement is possibly true but... Far from true. It's not an argument. It's an anxiety-based fantasy.

because no one warned anyone that once the Left went after Confederates, surely they would stop there and not go after Lincoln Washington and Jefferson...

https://www.foxnews.com/us/university-o ... -come-down

:lol:

the left is never sated; that is a truism that you fail to recognize. Show me where the left ever stopped with any demand. I'll wait.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

We allowed for gay marriage—didn't get "marry their pets," yet, but we did get 11 dozen genders instead of 2.

https://dudeasks.com/how-many-genders-a ... e-in-2020/
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

6ftstick wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:11 pm
We allowed for gay marriage—didn't get "marry their pets," yet, but we did get 11 dozen genders instead of 2.

You allowed nothing! The gay community fought for it and won. You allowed it :lol: :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:00 pm

this is an interesting thought: https://www.richmond.com/news/washingto ... ing%20News
The three permanent Black faculty members at W&L’s law school called for the removal of both Washington’s and Lee’s names from the school’s name, according to a letter sent to Dudley.

“It is worth exploring why the faculty has decided to make a collective statement on Lee and why the faculty has not included a demand to drop Washington in their petition,” according to the letter written by Brandon Hasbrouck, an alum and associate professor of law. “It is no longer acceptable, profitable or convenient to be associated with Lee but it is for Washington.”
here's another- https://www.nj.com/education/2020/07/ru ... -stay.html
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:21 pm

You allowed nothing! The gay community fought for it and won. You allowed it :lol: :lol:
Was using Matnum PIs vocabulary. Pay attention
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

As if the far right, mysoginists etc haven’t been trying to jam cases to overturn Roe V Wade for over a year now only to have the stacked Supreme Court telling them no, you’re wrong, get out of here with that trash.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:37 am How many times do folks have to come with the slippery slope argument. It's the same argument recycled over and over. There's a time and place where it's appropriate but it's like a simpleton, lowest common denominator, not that compelling and misunderstood argument the way it's tossed around here, typically be people who really hate the left.

Can't somebody come up with a unique case that isn't just a re-wording of that argument? Is it so hard to come up with something different?

lol. Here comes a group of about 100 Democrats with an occasional Republican saying the slippery slope of the left is indeed a threat. Timing is delicious.

https://harpers.org/a-letter-on-justice ... en-debate/
Last edited by Peter Brown on Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

6ftstick wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:33 pm

… learn some history! Modern gender studies pre-date the gay marriage SCOTUS decision by decades. Gay marriage did not lead to "11 dozen genders".
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:53 pm

… learn some history! Modern gender studies pre-date the gay marriage SCOTUS decision by decades. Gay marriage did not lead to "11 dozen genders".

When did allowing men who wear dresses and use young girls bathrooms happen? Did that predate the gay marriage decisions too?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

We bow to the renaissance man JHU72

Infectious disease expert
Arborist/Horticultural expert
LGBTQ aficionado
Race expert
Historian
Librarian
Education expert
Politcal scientologist
Climate expert

Your brilliance proceeds you. JFC.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

He’s not that educated since he’s not reading the N.Y. Post and Bretbart clearly....
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:56 pm

When did allowing men who wear dresses and use young girls bathrooms happen? Did that predate the gay marriage decisions too?
men have been using women's bathrooms probably since forever. I used a few when I was in college. So yes, men have been using women's bathrooms since before modern gender studies and long before the SCOTUS decision. I have seen women in men's bathrooms over as long a period of time.

oh the outrage! :lol: No one seemed to care until those BAD GAY PEOPLE came out of the closet. They should just go back, or better yet catch a disease and die eh Peanut Butters?

… I am still wondering how that elk is doing. Do you really care about the elk?
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:12 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:56 pm

men have been using women's bathrooms probably since forever. I used a few when I was in college. So yes, men have been using women's bathrooms since before modern gender studies and long before the SCOTUS decision. I have seen women in men's bathrooms over as long a period of time.

oh the outrage! :lol: No one seemed to care until those BAD GAY PEOPLE came out of the closet. They should just go back, or better yet catch a disease and die eh Peanut Butters?

… I am still wondering how that elk is doing. Do you really care about the elk?
Hows the DA doing with those Freddie Grey cop convictions. You guaranteed those. And you'er so fn brilliant and accurate.
Last edited by 6ftstick on Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

There’s always sex reorientation camps.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:01 pm He’s not that educated since he’s not reading the N.Y. Post and Bretbart clearly....
… and he takes a pi$$ occasionally in a woman's bathroom. :lol: :lol:

Return to “POLITICS”