Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

here's an interesting thought from an academic: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noel_Ignatiev
Ignatiev stated that attempts to give race a biological foundation have only led to absurdities as in the common example that a white woman could give birth to a black child, but a black woman could never give birth to a white child.[4] Ignatiev asserted that the only logical explanation for this notion is that people are members of different racial categories because society assigns people to these categories.
the point is, it's a manmade construct. (and he's a harvard guy so what could go wrong there. :oops: )

similarly, whiteness scholar Theodore Allen didnt care for the term "whiteness": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whiteness_studies
"it’s an abstract noun, it’s an abstraction, it’s an attribute of some people, it’s not the role they play. And the white race is an actual objective thing. It’s not anthropologic, it’s a historically developed identity of European Americans and Anglo-Americans and so it has to be dealt with. It functions... in this history of ours and it has to be recognized as such. . . .to slough it off under the heading of ‘whiteness,’ to me seems to get away from the basic white race identity trauma."
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:28 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:16 pm There needs to be more accountability.
Those who call in false charges need to be prosecuted, like this woman.
And I'd be happy to see financial damages sought against bad cops (and their unions) who press charges that end up being thrown out in court.
… yup, but how often is and has the word of a white person just been accepted? What made this woman think she could get away with this?
I don’t know how many times it has happened. Just like I don't know how many times people have committed other crimes. What makes someone think they can commit any crime? Stupidity? Ego? Rage? Hate? Each situation is different. That’s a question for the criminal.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:43 pm Why not?
I believe most US pro sports teams are now trademarked. It wasn't always so (Dodgers, Yankees, Braves, Browns).
Cardinals survive in both NFL/MLB as a legacy from when the Big Red moved from Chicago to StL in 1960.
I believe Snyder would need to buy the use of "Warriors" from the NBA team, if they were willing to share the name.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:58 pm here's an interesting thought from an academic: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noel_Ignatiev
Ignatiev stated that attempts to give race a biological foundation have only led to absurdities as in the common example that a white woman could give birth to a black child, but a black woman could never give birth to a white child.[4] Ignatiev asserted that the only logical explanation for this notion is that people are members of different racial categories because society assigns people to these categories.
the point is, it's a manmade construct. (and he's a harvard guy so what could go wrong there. :oops: )

similarly, whiteness scholar Theodore Allen didnt care for the term "whiteness": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whiteness_studies
"it’s an abstract noun, it’s an abstraction, it’s an attribute of some people, it’s not the role they play. And the white race is an actual objective thing. It’s not anthropologic, it’s a historically developed identity of European Americans and Anglo-Americans and so it has to be dealt with. It functions... in this history of ours and it has to be recognized as such. . . .to slough it off under the heading of ‘whiteness,’ to me seems to get away from the basic white race identity trauma."
Of course it’s a man made construct. That’s the whole point. It’s nothing new:

“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Pair with MLB and NHL- Get everyone in DC on the same color scheme. Make all the uniforms exactly the same colors- Red White and Blue.

It would ensure your stadium is filled with home colors.

Caps, Nationals and...

Allegiance, Federals, Watchmen, Warbirds, Statesmen, Diplomats...
njbill

Post by njbill »

old salt wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:07 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:43 pm Why not?
I believe most US pro sports teams are now trademarked. It wasn't always so (Dodgers, Yankees, Braves, Browns).
Cardinals survive in both NFL/MLB as a legacy from when the Big Red moved from Chicago to StL in 1960.
I believe Snyder would need to buy the use of "Warriors" from the NBA team, if they were willing to share the name.
Don’t forget the Giants.

This isn’t my area of expertise so I’m not sure about this, but I think teams in different sports could have the same nicknames. A key issue in trademark infringement is consumer confusion. Consumers wouldn’t be confused between the New York football Giants and the San Francisco baseball Giants. I don’t think it’s an issue of grandfathering.

Similarly, consumers wouldn’t be confused between the Golden State Warriors basketball team and the Washington Warriors football team.

Lots of college teams have the same nicknames without any trademark issues I am aware of.
old salt

Post by old salt »

I like Warriors if there were no trademark issues. Keep the same colors & uniforms with minimal changes.
Remove any inference or link to Native Americans. Just make it generic warriors.
Retain same uniforms & helmets, with the same center stripes.
Replace the Indian head on the side with a matching yellow/gold block "W" bordered in white.
Just generic burgundy & gold that can't be misconstrued.
...of course Warriors is too militaristic.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

W&L Faculty voted to express support to remove Lee from school name.
Faculty later voted to remove Washington, but the measure failed.

https://theweek.com/speedreads/923985/w ... university
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:51 am W&L Faculty voted to express support to remove Lee from school name.

Some remnants of sanity still exists.
“I wish you would!”
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:51 am W&L Faculty voted to express support to remove Lee from school name.

The Creator of HAMILTON is apologizing for his play after withering social media blasts. Has anyone ever walked out at the end of a performance of Hamilton and thought wow that's pretty conservative.

The woke virtue-signaling cancel-crowd will not be appeased.

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."—Churchill

Defund the police! Kill babies! Sorry I misspoke, Kill the products of conception!
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

6ftstick wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:01 am

The Creator of HAMILTON is apologizing for his play after withering social media blasts. Has anyone ever walked out at the end of a performance of Hamilton and thought wow that's pretty conservative.

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."—Churchill

Defund the police! Kill babies! Sorry I misspoke, Kill the products of conception!

They always eat their own. And their own are too dumb to see it coming.

John T Edge was as liberal as they come, and it wasn't enough to save his job when the Democratic mob came for him.

The NYC School council video is a perfect illustration of what happens when you allow leftists to assume power:

https://twitter.com/pxlitic/status/1279 ... 59744?s=20

Look and listen to how unhinged these nutcases are
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

… well looks like Amy Cooper had company on the 4th making false report to the police. And here I was thinking it was just a one off. White people thinking they can bully minorities with impunity. There is no racism or white supremacy in the US - how can this be?

Stamford incident.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

jhu72 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:00 am … well looks like Amy Cooper had company on the 4th making false report to the police. And here I was thinking it was just a one off. White people thinking they can bully minorities with impunity. There is no racism or white supremacy in the US - how can this be?

Stamford incident.
https://www.theroot.com/white-women-and ... 1790889717
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:41 am

John T Edge was as liberal as they come, and it wasn't enough to save his job when the Democratic mob came for him.

The NYC School council video is a perfect illustration of what happens when you allow leftists to assume power:

Sadly, the anger she bores, comes from the inner turmoil of innately knowing she is a product of her surroundings and the people to which she associates...but so craves the freedom and free will to escape her own mental circus. She just needs to hang out at a barbecue, in the country, drink some Bud Light, throw some horseshoes or corn bags, hop in a 4x4, go fishing, and catch fireflies. She is wound up way too tight. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:19 am

Sadly, the anger she bores, comes from the inner turmoil of innately knowing she is a product of her surroundings and the people to which she associates...but so craves the freedom and free will to escape her own mental circus. She just needs to hang out at a barbecue, in the country, drink some Bud Light, throw some horseshoes or corn bags, hop in a 4x4, go fishing, and catch fireflies. She is wound up way too tight. :lol:
Are you being scornful or ridiculing this person?
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:31 am
youthathletics wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:19 am

Are you being scornful or ridiculing this person?

He should do both. So should anyone. And yet she has a relatively impactful position in NYC over schoolchildren who apparently she could not care less about as she never once raises any issue related to kids in her lunacy rant.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:55 pm Hopkins academic's take on Douglass.
A shame. Douglas was a great man by all accounts I've read.

Given the violent actions of the BLM protestors and of white supremicists I'm almost grateful it's statues being targeted and not real people.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Patrick Mahomes paid 1/2 billion to play football.

What a racist white privileged society we live in here in America.

Defund the Police
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

6ftstick wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:58 am Patrick Mahomes paid 1/2 billion to play football.

What a racist white privileged society we live in here in America.

Defund the Police
The really sad part is he might not have any KC fans in Arrowhead Stadium to play in front of. :? BTW is the name Arrowhead Stadium not also politically incorrect? Hell isn't the nickname "Chiefs" also slanderous to native Americans? It has to be. My boys played lax at Penfield HS. They use to be the Chiefs, now they are the Patriots. The nickname Chiefs was too offensive to many parents of Penfield kids. Hell, today the nickname Patriots is probably also offensive to somebody in this country. That reminds me... The New England Patriots??? Sorry there Mr Kraft, that nickname has got to go. All these offensive nicknames are a blemish to our country. I feel so sad, what will we tell our grandkids about this shameful legacy we are leaving them? :roll: We have to use FLP logic here ( an oxymoron I know) if one person can't be a patriot... then dammit nobody should be a patriot. :P
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”