Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:10 pm Anyone else find it interesting that none of the Fanlax Dems know who Secoriea Turner is?
… a poster child for gun control, just like this poor child.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
DMac

Post by DMac »

old salt wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:08 pm The Hogs !!!
Done deal, end of discussion
HOGS
It's inevitable that a name change will come to the Skins. Got both the white man and black man speaking for the Indians about it (they don't give one flat schidt about this) so it's sure to happen.
HOGS is a fun name too. Need some mascot ideas.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:16 pm There needs to be more accountability.
Those who call in false charges need to be prosecuted, like this woman.
And I'd be happy to see financial damages sought against bad cops (and their unions) who press charges that end up being thrown out in court.
… yup, but how often is and has the word of a white person just been accepted? What made this woman think she could get away with this?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

DMac wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:26 pm
HOGS
It's inevitable that a name change will come to the Skins. Got both the white man and black man speaking for the Indians about it (they don't give one flat schidt about this) so it's sure to happen.
... Donald Trump the perfect mascot.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:06 pm
“Cooters have derived their unusual name from the word “kuta,” a word for turtle in several African dialects brought to America in the early days of slavery.”
Which is not, in any way, connected to the originals.
http://www.ganondagan.org/files/documen ... es-bio.pdf
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

DMac wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:52 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:06 pm
“Cooters have derived their unusual name from the word “kuta,” a word for turtle in several African dialects brought to America in the early days of slavery.”
Which is not, in any way, connected to the originals.
http://www.ganondagan.org/files/documen ... es-bio.pdf
:D thanks for that. My son has one hanging in his room. It is a gift to all graduating players. One of the things this senior class missed.
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Good news on the social justice front: Standing Rock Sioux have won a round.
Typical Lax Dad

jhu72 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:02 pm Good news on the social justice front: Standing Rock Sioux have won a round.
Excellent
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:26 pm
HOGS
Like anything, some do and some don’t. It’s a silly nickname. It’s time has passed.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:59 pm Trump has come out against the Redskins and Indians coming up with a different mascot. He said those franchises should not become PC. Trump is right...but I believe a name change is warranted. Here is a list of contenders:

https://www.businessinsider.com/offensi ... 2020-2?amp

The Clowns
The Savages
The Chinks
The Fighting Coons
The Arabs
The Wops
The Brown Squaws

The Washington Arabs or the The Fighting Coons would be good for co-branding campaigns with the Washington Nationals.
Was taking with a diehard fan who still lives in DC (Cleveland Park lifer) and we decided The Warriors would be fun and have the stadium all have coke bottles on their fingers clinking while the Jumbotron has the cut from the movie as intro:

Warriors come out and plaaaay!
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:41 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:59 pm Trump has come out against the Redskins and Indians coming up with a different mascot. He said those franchises should not become PC. Trump is right...but I believe a name change is warranted. Here is a list of contenders:

The Clowns
The Savages
The Chinks
The Fighting Coons
The Arabs
The Wops
The Brown Squaws

The Washington Arabs or the The Fighting Coons would be good for co-branding campaigns with the Washington Nationals.
Was taking with a diehard fan who still lives in DC (Cleveland Park lifer) and we decided The Warriors would be fun and have the stadium all have coke bottles on their fingers clinking while the Jumbotron has the cut from the movie as intro:

Then play this just before kick off...

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:36 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:02 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:58 pm https://www.bing.com/search?q=statue+of ... 01&PC=U531

This could have been done by run of the mill vandals. If this was done by FLP angry protesters they might want to bone up on their history. :lol:
They are all vandals.
I would hate to think that these particular vandals could be so stupid not to know who Fredrick Douglas was. I was under the impression that vandalizing and defacing statues was restricted to those that somehow or someway had negative symbolism? I guess it is just open season on all statues? :?
It seems like it might be some sort of retribution or payback.
Live Free or Die!
Typical Lax Dad

Cooter wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:50 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:58 pm https://www.bing.com/search?q=statue+of ... 01&PC=U531

This could have been done by run of the mill vandals. If this was done by FLP angry protesters they might want to bone up on their history. :lol:
They are all vandals.
I would hate to think that these particular vandals could be so stupid not to know who Fredrick Douglas was. I was under the impression that vandalizing and defacing statues was restricted to those that somehow or someway had negative symbolism? I guess it is just open season on all statues? :?
What did Freddie Douglas do?
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:14 pm

The Clowns
The Savages
The Chinks
The Fighting Coons
The Arabs
The Wops
The Brown Squaws

Cyrus, , no joke.

We actually did discuss seeing if for a special event, like if they ever made a playoff game again, how much it would cost to bring the Rock in to do that. It’s in fact how The Rock developed his wrestling character, he’s said he modeled it after Cyrus.

And let’s be honest even the most bitter hateful people here have to love The Warriors.
old salt

Post by old salt »

The Clowns
The Savages
The Chinks
The Fighting Coons
The Arabs
The Wops
The Brown Squaws

Can a NFL team use a NBA team's name ?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Why not?
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:19 pm

They are all vandals.
Retribution for BLM knocking down a number of statues. :roll:
Live Free or Die!
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:14 pm

The Clowns
The Savages
The Chinks
The Fighting Coons
The Arabs
The Wops
The Brown Squaws

Frkn great clip!

And then,when the crowd is all amped up, the kickoff can sail 20 out of the endzone and tv can cut to a 3 min commercial break in order to sell cheap beer and natural fiber laxatives. And when play resumes there can be two successive penalties, one for a false start and the next for a neutral zone infraction. So after 7+ min nothing entertaining has happened and Cyrus' moment is forgotten. Can't dig that.
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
Typical Lax Dad

Cooter wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:46 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:19 pm

They are all vandals.
Retribution for BLM knocking down a number of statues. :roll:
Ok. I was thinking of an equivalency.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:19 am Rome is, I believe, the longest running hegemony in world history at around 400yrs. We are on around 250 now...

Question is who are the biggest threat to us like the Germanic hordes.
I just stumbled upon a video clip in my dvr cache of the riots at the G20 in Hamburg 3 years ago.
The black clad rioters were indistinguishable from the violent protesters we're seeing in our streets,
screaming & spitting in the faces of police in the US.
...not tolerated by the German riot police, wielding batons & water cannons.

We've just had areas in two major US cities seized by armed protesters who've killed innocent citizens,
while a homeowner in StL is being vilified & threatened with prosecution for defending his home when
protesters broke into his gated community, the same day looters murdered a retired police captain.

If support of the police is not re-established & civil order is not maintained, it will only get worse.
We don't need foreign hordes, we've been breeding & encouraging our own.

Return to “POLITICS”