All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

jhu72

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by jhu72 »

wgdsr wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:58 pm
jhu72 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:03 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:01 am
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:14 am Hey just last week MD was on here calling the Henry Ford Hospital study a joke. Weird I keep reading articles like this then:

https://www.sentinel-standard.com/news/ ... ents-lives
nope, I didn't call it a joke, that was another poster.
I actually said it was interesting, and potentially a positive roadmap, but not a double-blind controlled study.

I did say that anyone thinking this study had proven that HCQ actually works as a prophylactic measure, or was a 'cure', would be wrong.

Maybe, just maybe, it is helpful in combination with other drugs, at a specific time in the disease's progress and for some patients, though perhaps not others. And maybe that help is better than the help from alternative therapies.

Maybe. Deserves study? Sure.
-- nope. The study actually indicated that HCQ alone was the solution. Every other combination of drugs they tested, their data showed as less effective than HCQ alone. Well, except for the fact that they were giving steroids to some patients, mostly the ones on "HCQ alone", but they were not counted in the mix. Its a bad study.
yeah, mSOFAs, cox regressions, was there only 1 O2 divider? can't take any study seriously that's trying to match propensity scores with significantly diff groups. the non-treatment group is on ave 5 years older and we've got a hyperbolic mortality curve. doesn't work. glad the largest cohort had a good survival rate, but meh.

outside of a study showing a drug is hitting it out of the park, and have similar cohorts, they're not tremendously useful the way they're constructed. unfortunately, similar poor trials have been pushed as some grave danger re: hcq, when that simply does not seem to be the case. and that's impacted the work.

disappointing we haven't been producing real clinical trial work for this and other drugs by now with all the cases and tech at our disposal, but maybe we're on the verge? we'll see.
… its not the steroids that make it a bad study - it is the methodology. Substitute aspirin for the steroids in as uncontrolled fashion as these guys did - its a bad study. Maybe there is some insight someone can glean from this "survey". What cannot be said is HCQ is either safe or effective.

That largest cohort was also the least ill to begin with. What was not done was an identical cohort with no medication. The medical community will not change their minds about HCQ based on this "survey".
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
njbill

Post by njbill »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:42 pm
njbill wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:18 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:51 pm
6ftstick wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:46 pm5 govs.jpg

That’s intriguing to say the least.
Not true is another way to describe it.

At least in New Jersey.

New Jersey has had a lot of retirement home deaths (as have many states), but Murphy did not “force” people into them.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... =508822744
:lol: Thanks for posting. I hadn’t seen that guy before. Loved the high-tech ad in the background.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

njbill wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:20 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:42 pm
njbill wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:18 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:51 pm
6ftstick wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:46 pm5 govs.jpg

That’s intriguing to say the least.
Not true is another way to describe it.

At least in New Jersey.

New Jersey has had a lot of retirement home deaths (as have many states), but Murphy did not “force” people into them.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... =508822744
:lol: Thanks for posting. I hadn’t seen that guy before. Loved the high-tech ad in the background.
https://www.recoverytrial.net/news/low- ... f-covid-19
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Hey I was just curious, seeing that Cuomo still has a 10-1 ‘advantage’ on Desantis for Covid deaths, are the Fanlax Dems still hyperventilating over Ron? I mean, when the other guy is bagging 10x on you, you’d think the focus would be on the ‘leader’, not the guy bringing you the rear. Oh well, such is the life of a Dem.

(ps: deaths are dropping dramatically everywhere so I’m not sure with a trillion prayers to god, the libs can help get Ron to even with Andrew)

Also, Portland is in chaos. Probably don’t have to remind anyone who’s responsible for that.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:22 pm Hey I was just curious, seeing that Cuomo still has a 10-1 ‘advantage’ on Desantis for Covid deaths, are the Fanlax Dems still hyperventilating over Ron? I mean, when the other guy is bagging 10x on you, you’d think the focus would be on the ‘leader’, not the guy bringing you the rear. Oh well, such is the life of a Dem.

(ps: deaths are dropping dramatically everywhere so I’m not sure with a trillion prayers to god, the libs can help get Ron to even with Andrew)

Also, Portland is in chaos. Probably don’t have to remind anyone who’s responsible for that.
This one’s for you Pete:

https://mobile.twitter.com/benjaminwitt ... 8699057154
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

seacoaster wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:41 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:22 pm Hey I was just curious, seeing that Cuomo still has a 10-1 ‘advantage’ on Desantis for Covid deaths, are the Fanlax Dems still hyperventilating over Ron? I mean, when the other guy is bagging 10x on you, you’d think the focus would be on the ‘leader’, not the guy bringing you the rear. Oh well, such is the life of a Dem.

This one’s for you Pete:

:lol: :lol: You do have a sense of humor.... well done seacoaster, well done.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
ggait

Post by ggait »

So now we have a little data that suggests (as expected) that HCQ+AZ provides some modest benefits in treating Covid patients very early on. But that it isn't a preventive and also doesn't help seriously ill patients.

That's good news -- any additional tools to the tool box are welcome.

Also good news that docs and researchers completely ignored DOPUS. All along they were able to prescribe (off label) and test the drug in situations they thought appropriate. Several HCQ trials are continuing.

So the docs and scientists did exactly what they would have done if DOPUS had just kept his pie hole shut and spared us his worthless bull shirtery.
ggait wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:31 pm The trials will tell the tale on HCQ. Likely result is that it is modestly helpful in a certain subset of patients/situations when combined with a few other drugs. A tweener single; not a home run.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:14 am Hey just last week MD was on here calling the Henry Ford Hospital study a joke. Weird I keep reading articles like this then:

I actually said it was interesting, and potentially a positive roadmap, but not a double-blind controlled study.

I did say that anyone thinking this study had proven that HCQ actually works as a prophylactic measure, or was a 'cure', would be wrong.

Maybe, just maybe, it is helpful in combination with other drugs, at a specific time in the disease's progress and for some patients, though perhaps not others. And maybe that help is better than the help from alternative therapies.

-- nope. The study actually indicated that HCQ alone was the solution. Every other combination of drugs they tested, their data showed as less effective than HCQ alone. Well, except for the fact that they were giving steroids to some patients, mostly the ones on "HCQ alone", but they were not counted in the mix. Its a bad study.
how about we keep wgdsr happy and just say that it didn't prove that HCQ actually worked, given the lack of control?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:37 pm

how about we keep wgdsr happy and just say that it didn't prove that HCQ actually worked, given the lack of control?
i've already weighed in. most studies have serious shortcomings, for many reasons and unless a result is out of the park and the patients are at least close.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

seacoaster wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:41 pm

This one’s for you Pete:

yup, seacoaster still delirious with Ron Man Bad disease, RMB, a tough but less lethal strain of TDS.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

2 Americans died because of Ebola which showed Obama's "failed leadership"

130,000+ Americans died because of Corona virus - somehow, Trump is "moving forward"

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1279773169281372166

Double standards much?
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:22 pm More good news..https://twitter.com/EthicalSkeptic/stat ... 69762?s=20

This thread will *die* off soon since so few people are dying now of Covid.

The media and Dems keep promoting the virus as the next Black Plague, but doctors aren't cooperating. 209 deaths nationwide on Friday....lowest since the beginning in early March.

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/statu ... 85570?s=20

What will Dems do next?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:43 am
youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:22 pm More good news..https://twitter.com/EthicalSkeptic/stat ... 69762?s=20

The media and Dems keep promoting the virus as the next Black Plague, but doctors aren't cooperating. 209 deaths nationwide on Friday....lowest since the beginning in early March.

What will Dems do next?
676 yesterday, Petey.

What will you be saying when deaths kick back up over 1,000 per day?

We're about 4 weeks from the deaths associated with the cases being reported this past week.

Closer to home, Miami-Dade was up over 100% in hospitalizations, ICU beds and ventilators, week over week...deaths typically lag 4-5 weeks from hospitalization.

There's lots of good news on the medical front, but not enough for this trend to not threaten to overwhelm the health system in various regions given the rapidity of spread.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

So scary. I grew up with the expression "Avoid it like the plague". My grand kids will have to learn another expression as Americans obviously don't understand that one.

We just don't know how and when the infected will react. This is a 41 year old healthy male who went through hell over 13 weeks before passing away, after getting the best medical care money could buy.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertai ... 232813002/

Cordero was admitted to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles in late March for what was initially thought to be pneumonia. A first coronavirus test came up negative, though a subsequent test was positive for COVID-19.

Over the course of 13 weeks, Cordero faced a multitude of serious complications, including a leg amputation, infections in his lungs and the insertion of a temporary pacemaker.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:13 am
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:43 am

What will Dems do next?
676 yesterday, Petey.

What will you be saying when deaths kick back up over 1,000 per day?

We're about 4 weeks from the deaths associated with the cases being reported this past week.

Closer to home, Miami-Dade was up over 100% in hospitalizations, ICU beds and ventilators, week over week...deaths typically lag 4-5 weeks from hospitalization.

There's lots of good news on the medical front, but not enough for this trend to not threaten to overwhelm the health system in various regions given the rapidity of spread.

Worldometer says 251. New York State led the way, again. Andrew Man Bad!!!!

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

CU88 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:05 am So scary. I grew up with the expression "Avoid it like the plague". My grand kids will have to learn another expression as Americans obviously don't understand that one.

We just don't know how and when the infected will react. This is a 41 year old healthy male who went through hell over 13 weeks before passing away, after getting the best medical care money could buy.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertai ... 232813002/

Cordero was admitted to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles in late March for what was initially thought to be pneumonia. A first coronavirus test came up negative, though a subsequent test was positive for COVID-19.

Over the course of 13 weeks, Cordero faced a multitude of serious complications, including a leg amputation, infections in his lungs and the insertion of a temporary pacemaker.
… yup, this is a scary story. 41 year old in what was good health.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

College football games beginning to be cancelled.
Navy's Sept 12 match up with Lafayette was just cancelled.
Spring College football being discussed.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Virus spiking in SoCal, AZ, TX and FL.

That's quite bad for the prospects of big time football in the Pac12, Big12 and SEC.

USC, for example just reversed its plan to have students on campus in the fall.

For a liberal hoax that is going to magically disappear soon, this Kung Flu is really messing a lot of things up.
Last edited by ggait on Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.

Return to “POLITICS”