Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:23 am
Cooter wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:04 pm All lives matter :!:
I don’t want to hear about prostate cancer concerns. All cancer matters. When the Heart Association calls for annual donations, I ask them why don’t they make calls for all diseases?

🤡
When you tell them out don’t feel like donating, do they torch the local police precinct or courthouse?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:03 pm
I don’t want to hear about prostate cancer concerns. All cancer matters. When the Heart Association calls for annual donations, I ask them why don’t they make calls for all diseases?

🤡
When you tell them out don’t feel like donating, do they torch the local police precinct or courthouse?
🤡
“I wish you would!”
DocBarrister

About Jesus ....

Post by DocBarrister »

London (CNN)Justin Welby, the Archbishop of Canterbury and head of the Church of England, has said the church should reconsider its portrayal of Jesus as a White man.

Speaking to the BBC Today Programme, Welby was asked whether the way the western church "portrays Jesus" needed to be "thought about again" and "re-imagined" in light of recent Black Lives Matter protests following the death of George Floyd.

"Yes, of course it does," he said, adding that Jesus was portrayed differently in countries around the world. He was regularly in touch with Anglican Church leaders from around the world, he said, who did not portray Jesus as White.

"You go into their churches and you don't see a White Jesus -- you see a Black Jesus, or Chinese Jesus, or a Middle Eastern Jesus -- which is of course the most accurate.

"You see a Fijian Jesus -- you see Jesus portrayed in as many ways as there are cultures, languages and understandings."

Welby added that the representations of Jesus were not, however, "who we worship" but rather served as a "reminder of the universality of the God who became fully human."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/27/uk/justi ... _expansion

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:07 pm

🤡
🤡
You can’t defend it. Gotcha.
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:51 pm

🤡
🤡
You mean you don’t tell the people at St. Jude’s that all cancer patients matters, not just kids with cancer? I wasn’t asking about the reaction. I am asking what YOU do. You can’t defend it?

🤡
“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:03 pm

🤡
🤡
You mean you don’t tell the people at St. Jude’s that all cancer patients matters, not just kids with cancer? I wasn’t asking about the reaction. I am asking what YOU do. You can’t defend it?

🤡
Uhm, I didn’t say BLM or ALM.
YOU defended BLM with your analogy.
When I questioned you and continued your analogy you posted an emoji instead of continuing to defend your position.
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:29 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:03 pm

🤡
🤡

🤡
Uhm, I didn’t say BLM or ALM.
YOU defended BLM with your analogy.
When I questioned you and continued your analogy you posted an emoji instead of continuing to defend your position.
Cooter did and you jumped in....
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Anyone in this thread read "White Fragility"?
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Andersen

Post by Andersen »

White Fragility is on my short list. I'll be reading it this summer.

Here's a good review:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/ ... is-flawed/
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Matnum PI wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:48 pm Anyone in this thread read "White Fragility"?
Nope. Looks interesting.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

:lol:

And right on cue!

When black people are in pain, white people just join book clubs
Matnum PI wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:48 pm Anyone in this thread read "White Fragility"?
Speaking of which:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washin ... utType=amp
I watch many of my white friends and acquaintances perform the same pieties they played out after Trayvon, Eric, Sandra, Korryn, Botham, Breonna. They are savvy, practiced consumers of Meaningful Things: They’ve listened to “Serial” and become expert critics of our broken criminal justice system after just one season. They’ve watched “Insecure” and can suddenly imagine life as Molly or Issa. They’ve shared the preordained “amplifying” social media post that just reads “This,” followed by a link to something profound from a black voice.

This is all to say that when things get real — really murderous, really tragic, really violent or aggressive — my white, liberal, educated friends already know what to do. What they do is read. And talk about their reading. What they do is listen. And talk about how they listened.

What they do is never enough. This isn’t the time to circle up with other white people and discuss black pain in the abstract; it’s the time to acknowledge and examine the pain they’ve personally caused.

And yet white people tend to take a slow route to meaningful activism, locked in familiar patterns, seemingly uninterested in really advancing progress. Theirs is still a world of signs and signaling, where actions like joining book clubs — often based in some “meaningfully curated” readings that are probably easy to name: “White Fragility,” “How to Be an Anti-Racist,” “Between the World and Me,” maybe even “All About Love” — take precedence
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Where is the Black Leadership?

...AND the equality that those past leaders before this era sought , much of it has been entertained and written into law. This current President has fought, brought forth representatives of the black community and signed into legislation many of the items those before him ignored or side-stepped, coupled with a continuing decline in black employment, which statistically shows progress.

as the article finishes.....
There are no easy cures for the problem of unarmed black people getting killed. But without strong black leadership, the solutions will likely continue to prove elusive.

At a minimum, these protests will likely provide the needed re-structure in training and discernment.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

yeah, it's all about the color of their skin, right?

Only "black leadership" can stop black people from killing black people, it's their responsibility!!!

Couldn't have anything to do with poverty and the drug trade... :roll:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:46 pm yeah, it's all about the color of their skin, right?

Only "black leadership" can stop black people from killing black people, it's their responsibility!!!

Democrats talk a big game but when you get down to it, they’re all phonies.

I see MD left out education (controlled by two teacher unions who donate exclusively to Democrats - who seem only to care about preventing charter schools from competing), urban Democratic policies which demonstrably lead to inner city ruination (Not to mention corruption a la Catherine Pugh), and the prosecution complex (ably represented on the Democrats go-to network, MSNBC, which employs no fewer than 7 ex DOJ prosecutors).

Here’s a trick: ask the next big-mouth woke-riddled Democrat if he owns or works at a ‘Second Chance’ company, offering jobs to ex-felons (almost all of whom are black or Hispanic). They don’t. Because they don’t actually give two shinolas.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:08 pmAnd right on cue! When black people are in pain, white people just join book clubs
While a book worthy of discussion, it's far from a "book club" book. Closer to a self-help or how-to book. I'm going to guess you haven't read the book. If you read the book (with an open mind), you'd feel foolish for criticizing someone for reading, discussing, and taking it seriously.
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Andersen and jhu72 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:02 pm White Fragility is on my short list. I'll be reading it this summer.

Nope. Looks interesting.
I found it to be enlightening on many levels and, more importantly, it's changed the way I see and relate to the world. Specifically with relation to racism. If read with an ear to learn and grow, I find it hard to believe that this book won't change a person in very real ways. If nothing else... Read it so i'll have someone to talk to about it. :)
Caddy Day
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Seattle protester hit by car on closed highway dies, second remains in serious condition, officials say
https://www.foxnews.com/us/seattle-prot ... ghway-dies

A deliberate murder of a young woman peacefully protesting. And a second attempted murder.
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:46 pm yeah, it's all about the color of their skin, right?

Economic opportunity solves a lot of problems. How bad was the crime in Baltimore when the city was thriving economically and you had wider participation.....well paying jobs for average folk? My guess is as the jobs left and drugs came in, crime went up? That would be a wild guess. Those black folks moved the jobs out of the city? My wild guess would be no?
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Matnum PI wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:10 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:08 pmAnd right on cue! When black people are in pain, white people just join book clubs
While a book worthy of discussion, it's far from a "book club" book. Closer to a self-help or how-to book. I'm going to guess you haven't read the book. If you read the book (with an open mind), you'd feel foolish for criticizing someone for reading, discussing, and taking it seriously.
You got the foolish part right.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”