All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

kramerica.inc

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by kramerica.inc »

CU88 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:29 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:01 am
a fan wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:49 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:15 pm And by “fix it” you mean cater to an even bigger generation of dependent crybabies than the boomers.
Every first world nation has managed to provide health care and university education and/or vocational training except the United States of America. Oh, and functioning borders with a reasonable, but not perfect, immigration and visa program.

We should be ashamed that this is what we're handing to our kids, in addition to our pathetic, selfish, short sighted Trillions in debt....with no infrastructure to show for it.

We've had 30 years to fix this problem. What have we done? Tax cuts, exploding health care and education costs, and completely gutted labor unions. That's the ex-hippie boomer legacy.

But they sure got theirs, right?
+1

Having travelled all across the EU, what countries have weaker borders Than the US?

Boomers realized labor unions are bad for Their 401k growth and real innovation. Gotta get rid of em. Want to keep the US growth at a slower pace? Enable labor unions. Want to have poor education system? Enable teacher unions.

Boomers are the biggest sellouts in US history to date.
Are you calling for the busting of police unions?
Yes 100%.
Police unions are part of the policing problem.
Like many unions, the best employees have no chance/motivation to shine and the worst employees are protected. Want police to be more accountable? Cap their legal representation.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:37 am
CU88 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:29 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:15 pm And by “fix it” you mean cater to an even bigger generation of dependent crybabies than the boomers.
Every first world nation has managed to provide health care and university education and/or vocational training except the United States of America. Oh, and functioning borders with a reasonable, but not perfect, immigration and visa program.

We should be ashamed that this is what we're handing to our kids, in addition to our pathetic, selfish, short sighted Trillions in debt....with no infrastructure to show for it.

We've had 30 years to fix this problem. What have we done? Tax cuts, exploding health care and education costs, and completely gutted labor unions. That's the ex-hippie boomer legacy.

+1

Having travelled all across the EU, what countries have weaker borders Than the US?

Boomers realized labor unions are bad for Their 401k growth and real innovation. Gotta get rid of em. Want to keep the US growth at a slower pace? Enable labor unions. Want to have poor education system? Enable teacher unions.

Are you calling for the busting of police unions?
Yes 100%.
Police unions are part of the policing problem.
Like many unions, the best employees have no chance/motivation to shine and the worst employees are protected. Want police to be more accountable? Cap their legal representation.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/05/us/cahoo ... index.html
“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Re: Obamacare can keep your daughter Alive & Healthy

Post by kramerica.inc »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:31 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:27 am
DocBarrister wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:02 am

+1

Labor unions worked hard decades ago to establish higher standards for employment benefits, including their health care plans.

It’s those higher-standard labor union health care benefits that eventually laid the foundations for the “Cadillac” health insurance plans that private employers like mine provide to their employees ...

... the kind of health insurance plan that keeps my special needs daughter alive and healthy.

So, one can probably guess what I think of folks who have a poor understanding of how we have all benefited from the hard fights fought and won by labor unions.

DocBarrister
Slow clap from me. Very impassioned case. You threw in some personal detail, mentioned “special needs.”

But it still doesn’t make it relevant.

Labor unions are a dinosaur that has outlived its usefulness. Those overpaid Health benefits are a thing of the past. You can use Obamacare for all her needs.

Want to see where many, many lazy, unmotivated employees hide these days? Look at your local union. Second only to the Federal government.
NFL players Union
MLB players Union
NBA players Union
NHL Players Union

What do they all have in common? Those dudes are all relative wealthy. Unions seem to work for them. You think they are better or worse off without a Union?

https://www.gq.com/story/nba-players-union
Those unions are actually the exception. And while called a “union” are run quite differently than traditional labor unions. In all those unions, the wealth/benefits are actually limited to the very top performers. And each player negotiates their own contract individually. So high performance IS rewarded, not just membership. The rest of the athletes have little to no union representation and therefore much worse salary and benefits.
Last edited by kramerica.inc on Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:44 am

+1

Labor unions worked hard decades ago to establish higher standards for employment benefits, including their health care plans.

It’s those higher-standard labor union health care benefits that eventually laid the foundations for the “Cadillac” health insurance plans that private employers like mine provide to their employees ...

... the kind of health insurance plan that keeps my special needs daughter alive and healthy.

So, one can probably guess what I think of folks who have a poor understanding of how we have all benefited from the hard fights fought and won by labor unions.

DocBarrister
Slow clap from me. Very impassioned case. You threw in some personal detail, mentioned “special needs.”

Labor unions are a dinosaur that has outlived its usefulness. Those overpaid Health benefits are a thing of the past. You can use Obamacare for all her needs.

Want to see where many, many lazy, unmotivated employees hide these days? Look at your local union. Second only to the Federal government.
NFL players Union
MLB players Union
NBA players Union
NHL Players Union

What do they all have in common? Those dudes are all relative wealthy. Unions seem to work for them. You think they are better or worse off without a Union?

Those unions are actually the exception. And while called a “union” are run quite differently than traditional labor unions. In all those unions, the wealth/benefits are actually limited to the very top performers. And each player negotiates their own contract individually. So high performance IS rewarded, not just membership. The rest of the athletes have little to no union representation and therefore much worse salary and benefits.
Yeah. Those dudes are rich. Btw, nba salaries are slotted as are NFL salaries. There are minimums and maximums based on years or service. Otto Porter Jr. makes $27MM a year...you may say Otto who? You know who else is anti union. Chinese factories.

https://youtu.be/CWi--xs864M
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

https://youtu.be/ZTo-CKSP7WE

Yeah. China is all in with anti-unions.
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:01 am
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:14 am Hey just last week MD was on here calling the Henry Ford Hospital study a joke. Weird I keep reading articles like this then:

https://www.sentinel-standard.com/news/ ... ents-lives
nope, I didn't call it a joke, that was another poster.
I actually said it was interesting, and potentially a positive roadmap, but not a double-blind controlled study.

I did say that anyone thinking this study had proven that HCQ actually works as a prophylactic measure, or was a 'cure', would be wrong.

Maybe, just maybe, it is helpful in combination with other drugs, at a specific time in the disease's progress and for some patients, though perhaps not others. And maybe that help is better than the help from alternative therapies.

Maybe. Deserves study? Sure.
-- nope. The study actually indicated that HCQ alone was the solution. Every other combination of drugs they tested, their data showed as less effective than HCQ alone. Well, except for the fact that they were giving steroids to some patients, mostly the ones on "HCQ alone", but they were not counted in the mix. Its a bad study.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

+1

DocBarrister

NFL players Union
MLB players Union
NBA players Union
NHL Players Union

https://youtu.be/ONKkoiszVSs
“I wish you would!”
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

5 govs.jpg
5 govs.jpg (62.41 KiB) Viewed 907 times
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

6ftstick wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:46 pm5 govs.jpg

That’s intriguing to say the least.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

So Covid is about to lose its status as an epidemic.

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy ... ording-cdc

“Coronavirus deaths in the country have nearly reached a level where the virus will cease to qualify as an epidemic under Centers for Disease Control and Prevention rules, the federal agency reported on Friday.”

What will Dems whine about without that?!
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:52 pm So Covid is about to lose its status as an epidemic.

“Coronavirus deaths in the country have nearly reached a level where the virus will cease to qualify as an epidemic under Centers for Disease Control and Prevention rules, the federal agency reported on Friday.”

That can't be true. They're getting ready to push us all back into our fear corners.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

jhu72 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:03 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:01 am
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:14 am Hey just last week MD was on here calling the Henry Ford Hospital study a joke. Weird I keep reading articles like this then:

https://www.sentinel-standard.com/news/ ... ents-lives
nope, I didn't call it a joke, that was another poster.
I actually said it was interesting, and potentially a positive roadmap, but not a double-blind controlled study.

I did say that anyone thinking this study had proven that HCQ actually works as a prophylactic measure, or was a 'cure', would be wrong.

Maybe, just maybe, it is helpful in combination with other drugs, at a specific time in the disease's progress and for some patients, though perhaps not others. And maybe that help is better than the help from alternative therapies.

Maybe. Deserves study? Sure.
-- nope. The study actually indicated that HCQ alone was the solution. Every other combination of drugs they tested, their data showed as less effective than HCQ alone. Well, except for the fact that they were giving steroids to some patients, mostly the ones on "HCQ alone", but they were not counted in the mix. Its a bad study.
yeah, mSOFAs, cox regressions, was there only 1 O2 divider? can't take any study seriously that's trying to match propensity scores with significantly diff groups. the non-treatment group is on ave 5 years older and we've got a hyperbolic mortality curve. doesn't work. glad the largest cohort had a good survival rate, but meh.

outside of a study showing a drug is hitting it out of the park, and have similar cohorts, they're not tremendously useful the way they're constructed. unfortunately, similar poor trials have been pushed as some grave danger re: hcq, when that simply does not seem to be the case. and that's impacted the work.

disappointing we haven't been producing real clinical trial work for this and other drugs by now with all the cases and tech at our disposal, but maybe we're on the verge? we'll see.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

seacoaster wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:52 am
youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:50 am What is the point of the article? To keep the stranglehold on those also afraid of their shadow. Blame bars but not thousands upon thousands in a street, and yet South Korea is experiencing spikes even with mask wearing.
Well, I can think of a few points:

Provide a counterpoint to the Trump Administration's suggestion that all is well and that the virus will just "disappear, I hope;"

Drill home the message that certain types and places of interaction are more likely to spread the virus.

Reactions like yours are pretty disappointing; Americans are proving to be the silliest of citizens. Our strange and mis-comprehending devotion to individual rights above all else is actually harming our fellow citizens.
:roll: And yet you will encourage and praise thousands and thousands to protest with zero social distancing...and claim "that is a fundamental right". Got it and hear you loud and clear.....The Washington Post; "if not for double standards, we'd have none at all.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

6ftstick wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:54 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:52 pm So Covid is about to lose its status as an epidemic.

That can't be true. They're getting ready to push us all back into our fear corners.
No way....I just read in the Washington Post (thanks seacoaster), the data graphics from The Ethical Skeptical via CDC stats, etc, etc....things are going down hill like crazy...and its all b/c bars opened.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:00 pm
seacoaster wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:52 am
youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:50 am What is the point of the article? To keep the stranglehold on those also afraid of their shadow. Blame bars but not thousands upon thousands in a street, and yet South Korea is experiencing spikes even with mask wearing.
Well, I can think of a few points:

Provide a counterpoint to the Trump Administration's suggestion that all is well and that the virus will just "disappear, I hope;"

Drill home the message that certain types and places of interaction are more likely to spread the virus.

Reactions like yours are pretty disappointing; Americans are proving to be the silliest of citizens. Our strange and mis-comprehending devotion to individual rights above all else is actually harming our fellow citizens.
:roll: And yet you will encourage and praise thousands and thousands to protest with zero social distancing...and claim "that is a fundamental right". Got it and hear you loud and clear.....The Washington Post; "if not for double standards, we'd have none at all.
I can see you are wearying of making careful distinctions, which is at the heart of discernment. Exercising my right to go to a restaurant without any PPE, and to have a good time is — for me anyway — really different than people of color protesting their overall, everyday, pandemic or not, vulnerability to law enforcement excess and discrimination.

I haven’t “encouraged” or “praised” any of the protestors. If you look, you won’t find any such thing. But I do understand people’s needs to organize and express that enough is enough after several hundred years of getting the short end. It’s different than having a beer out with my friends.

Distinctions are what make standards matter. Jettisoning the distinctions enables you to be standardless.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

+1

DocBarrister

NFL players Union
MLB players Union
NBA players Union
NHL Players Union

They are really not unions but rather associations as their members negotiate compensation individually rather than as a group. That said, they do collectively bargain other work rules and benefits except individual compensation.

Terms as defined

Associations are organizations of people with a common interest or purpose. A union is a type of association, though with one major difference: members of a union have the legal right to engage in collective bargaining with an employer on behalf of all of their members who are employed by that employer, and the employer is legally obligated to bargain with the union.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:51 pm

Not true is another way to describe it.

At least in New Jersey.

New Jersey has had a lot of retirement home deaths (as have many states), but Murphy did not “force” people into them.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

njbill wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:18 pm

At least in New Jersey.

New Jersey has had a lot of retirement home deaths (as have many states), but Murphy did not “force” people into them.
… you mean its not true? its just propaganda? can't imagine Trumpnista doing that. :roll:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

njbill wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:18 pm

At least in New Jersey.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... =508822744

Return to “POLITICS”