The Nation's Financial Condition

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
runrussellrun

Re: The Nation's Financial Condition

Post by runrussellrun »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:08 am Chesapeake Energy, who is either #1 or #2 non integrated natural gas producer has filed BK over the weekend. Ch 11 and they claim their assets exceed liabilities in FI mining but looking at Chevron and BPs massive writedowns in the past 9mo (Dec and last month respectively) I suspect this may not even the case. Either way job losses will be part of any restructuring.
Didn't Obama's buddy, Bill Ayers, and his energy company buy out Chesapeake Energy too? Must be just the area, not the name.

Exelon does NOT own Chesapeake, my apololgies. Wonder what Obama and Bill thought about his dads Defense/killing industry board memberships?

TAATS
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I’m talking about the oil and gas industry employing 7.5% of the workforce in this country and when major gas producers are filing BK like backwards airlines, home builders and chemicals companies (historical concentration in the high yield world along with generic Sunbeam/Jardine/Newell type consumer companies) and three Of the largest integrated (incl Chevron in Dec) have Written off $40Bn+ from their balance sheets so not sure how that ties back to Obama or any other politician directly. The Bakken region is DONE, goodbye N Dakota and all that investment and those mid skilled industrial jobs that paid well and all the related housing investment.

Covid is accelerating what these businesses thought they had 1-2 decades to restructure out of in a year or two and what does it do to Houston or the mid South in general?

And did you claim something then check it and change direction in the same post while leaving the original claim in there?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
njbill

Post by njbill »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:53 am And did you claim something then check it and change direction in the same post while leaving the original claim in there?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

rrr’s keyboard doesn’t have a backspace key.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:53 am I’m talking about the oil and gas industry employing 7.5% of the workforce in this country and when major gas producers are filing BK like backwards airlines, home builders and chemicals companies (historical concentration in the high yield world along with generic Sunbeam/Jardine/Newell type consumer companies) and three Of the largest integrated (incl Chevron in Dec) have Written off $40Bn+ from their balance sheets so not sure how that ties back to Obama or any other politician directly. The Bakken region is DONE, goodbye N Dakota and all that investment and those mid skilled industrial jobs that paid well and all the related housing investment.

Covid is accelerating what these businesses thought they had 1-2 decades to restructure out of in a year or two and what does it do to Houston or the mid South in general?
People---and our leaders----don't seem to grasp that the Covid damage is just beginning. They think it's over. I have NO CLUE why they think this is the case.

The EU forcing US travelers into quarantine? That's a multi-Billion dollar decision that will cause damage just about everywhere.

More bailouts are needed. They'll figure it out before November, believe you me.

And has anyone noticed the tariffs are still happening? Scotch sales in the US fell off a cliff-----down by 25%. Of course, the same thing is happening to US Bourbon in the EU.

Our main competitor----Hendrick's Gin----is about to get a 25% tariff, which is a huge punch in the mouth. The tariff will go into effect shortly.

All this mess, and we're still pretending to fight a tariff war that obviously, no one is really working on. Stupid.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:53 am I’m talking about the oil and gas industry employing 7.5% of the workforce in this country and when major gas producers are filing BK like backwards airlines, home builders and chemicals companies (historical concentration in the high yield world along with generic Sunbeam/Jardine/Newell type consumer companies) and three Of the largest integrated (incl Chevron in Dec) have Written off $40Bn+ from their balance sheets so not sure how that ties back to Obama or any other politician directly. The Bakken region is DONE, goodbye N Dakota and all that investment and those mid skilled industrial jobs that paid well and all the related housing investment.

And did you claim something then check it and change direction in the same post while leaving the original claim in there?
I did. I had thought Exelon had purchased Chesapeake, but it was the geographic area where Bill Ayers inheritance blossums and grows.

Exelon bought up, owns lots of other Mid-Atlantic energy companies. Timeline of that, mostly lost or lack of concerning, normal behavior for taats deniers. UMMM........major mergers approved during OBAMA's administration.

To bad his "foundations' 990 report is so incomplete. Any exelon stock ownership? Buy low, sell high? Stock has doubled since Barack's administration approved the purchase of Commonwealth and Pepco.....awesomer.

but tRump......

tRump is amatuer.......compared to the oligarchy.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:24 pm

People---and our leaders----don't seem to grasp that the Covid damage is just beginning. They think it's over. I have NO CLUE why they think this is the case.

The EU forcing US travelers into quarantine? That's a multi-Billion dollar decision that will cause damage just about everywhere.

More bailouts are needed. They'll figure it out before November, believe you me.

And has anyone noticed the tariffs are still happening? Scotch sales in the US fell off a cliff-----down by 25%. Of course, the same thing is happening to US Bourbon in the EU.

Our main competitor----Hendrick's Gin----is about to get a 25% tariff, which is a huge punch in the mouth. The tariff will go into effect shortly.

All this mess, and we're still pretending to fight a tariff war that obviously, no one is really working on. Stupid.
Figured it would be easy to find a bottle of Mahon's , in Boston,to bring to my 82 year old aunts house. She loves G&T,

Had to settle for her favorite, tangy. (yuck) paid $30 bucks for a joke size bottle. Is this because of the tariffs?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:24 pm

You are informing Bennett and all your other elected officials about this, aren't you? What can we do to help? What message should we send to our members of congress and state legislators? Must be some dialogue we can cutNpaste to make it easier? Perhaps this post will suffice?

Asked you earlier, what fact based rationale led to the EU's 14 day quartine decision? How are they going to enforce it? Is it a law that you, not only have to own, but kept on your person at all times, a CELL PHONE ?

How does this work? I book a flight to Paris. And have to sit in the hotel for 14 days, and then hit the Louvre? Is it that simple?
CU88

Post by CU88 »

New Zealand has COVID under control, so we know it can be done. Now if you enter NZ you go into mandatory 14 days quarantine.

https://www.customs.govt.nz/covid-19/pe ... 0community.

Managed-isolation or quarantine on arrival requirements
All people entering New Zealand must go immediately into managed isolation or quarantine facilities.

All people entering New Zealand must go immediately into managed isolation or quarantine facilities. They will remain there for at least 14 days and test negative for COVID-19 before they can go into the community.

For more information please refer to the Ministry of Health website.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:31 pm

I did. I had thought Exelon had purchased Chesapeake, but it was the geographic area where Bill Ayers inheritance blossums and grows.

Exelon bought up, owns lots of other Mid-Atlantic energy companies. Timeline of that, mostly lost or lack of concerning, normal behavior for taats deniers. UMMM........major mergers approved during OBAMA's administration.

To bad his "foundations' 990 report is so incomplete. Any exelon stock ownership? Buy low, sell high? Stock has doubled since Barack's administration approved the purchase of Commonwealth and Pepco.....awesomer.

but tRump......

So you didn’t care about what I wrote at all but just sued it somehow as an excuse to post whatever you wanted about taats or whatever? No, Chesapeake has always been independent. Aubrey Mcclednon grew the thing buy shopping for every lease he could find, he’s not an engineer comes from the acquisitions side. Overlevereged and like Every O&G wildcatter not named Ralph Kinder cut sweetheart deals for himself while enjoying cheaper public capital. Killed himself (unconfirmed but was under investigation in 2015-2016 when he died driving his car into a wall and wasn’t drunk or high) in 2016 and it was one of my best PA trades post crisis buying the 2018 unsecured bonds as I knew they could buy 2-3yrs selling off fields and leases to everyone including Exelon who I’m familiar with from spending some time on an energy credit desk. But otherwise Exelon and your whole diatribe is completely u related to my note.

AFan, with oil and gas, I don’t believe Covid is creating this industry problem, they know fossil fuels will one day be marginal in the global economy, it’s why S.A. wasted so much dough in the Vision fund and trying to buy Elon Musk (er Tesla). The pandemic accelerated what could’ve been an orderly restructuring for smart managers over time partly by creating a credit crunch coming for bank lenders and that’s where I find it particularly relevant especially in Texas and secondarily in the MidSouth gulf states as it’s critical to their local economies, then as a second derivative effect on their political and social order. I am completely with you in the broader economy, have said numerous times late Q3 to Q1 2021 is when we will see the real damage. Bank regulators are doing exams, coming into one in Eastern NC I’m working with next week, and that along with auditors testing the capital controls (Who are morons when it comes to capital markets, credit or front facing business as a cohort, they think way too high of their ability as non practitioners who’s experience is backwards looking not forward), and they will have to respond in the next six months beyond playing ostrich and burying their heads in the sand. Basically anything that is retail, consumer oriented or generates transient and short term revenues is at risk much more than businesses with intermediate and longer term contractual cash flows (if only because even if AR ages and gets weaker banks and other creditors will use more kid glove treatment to those industries, such is the nature of creditors being highly leveraged, a dollar saved even if by “extend and pretend” is ten dollars they can put into earning assets tomorrow).
njbill

Post by njbill »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:43 pm How does this work? I book a flight to Paris. And have to sit in the hotel for 14 days, and then hit the Louvre? Is it that simple?
I don’t know, rrr, the French might be quarantining you in the Bastille.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:03 pm

but tRump......

So you didn’t care about what I wrote at all but just sued it somehow as an excuse to post whatever you wanted about taats or whatever? No, Chesapeake has always been independent. Aubrey Mcclednon grew the thing buy shopping for every lease he could find, he’s not an engineer comes from the acquisitions side. Overlevereged and like Every O&G wildcatter not named Ralph Kinder cut sweetheart deals for himself while enjoying cheaper public capital. Killed himself (unconfirmed but was under investigation in 2015-2016 when he died driving his car into a wall and wasn’t drunk or high) in 2016 and it was one of my best PA trades post crisis buying the 2018 unsecured bonds as I knew they could buy 2-3yrs selling off fields and leases to everyone including Exelon who I’m familiar with from spending some time on an energy credit desk. But otherwise Exelon and your whole diatribe is completely u related to my note.
Are you serious? You asked ME a question. I answered. see above
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

njbill wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:07 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:43 pm How does this work? I book a flight to Paris. And have to sit in the hotel for 14 days, and then hit the Louvre? Is it that simple?
I don’t know, rrr, the French might be quarantining you in the Bastille.
Like it's a joke. What does it mean, in the real world? How does it work?
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:43 pm You are informing Bennett and all your other elected officials about this, aren't you?
Of course! Actually, all our reps called us, for a change, to see what our sector needed. And our local banker...the same that I used to pull a small loan 25 years ago for a few expenses for German brewing school...has bent over backwards to help us.
runrussellrun wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:43 pm What can we do to help? What message should we send to our members of congress and state legislators? Must be some dialogue we can cutNpaste to make it easier? Perhaps this post will suffice?
Thank you for asking!

https://www.saverestaurants.com/take-action/

IMHO, this is the most important one pending. Bills are both in the House and Senate.
It doesn't matter. People and businesses won't go to the EU until this ends.....few want to play games. And this, of course, also signals to EU citizens that traveling to the US isn't safe. This is a big deal.

I have no clue what they based the decision on.....I'm guess the absurd numbers of new cases they're seeing, but I really don't know.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

CU88 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:58 pm New Zealand has COVID under control, so we know it can be done. Now if you enter NZ you go into mandatory 14 days quarantine.

https://www.customs.govt.nz/covid-19/pe ... 0community.

Managed-isolation or quarantine on arrival requirements
All people entering New Zealand must go immediately into managed isolation or quarantine facilities.

All people entering New Zealand must go immediately into managed isolation or quarantine facilities. They will remain there for at least 14 days and test negative for COVID-19 before they can go into the community.

For more information please refer to the Ministry of Health website.
Before I read this, hopefully NOT wasting my time.....details on what that 14 day quarantine entails? Do they take your passport? Lock you in your hotel room? what?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:09 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:03 pm

but tRump......

Are you serious? You asked ME a question. I answered. see above
But your reply before that to the original post went into a diatribe about Obama and Exelon which had nothing to do with Chesapeake’s BK. Don’t tell me them buying a field was enough to dovetail into your stuff. How high are you that you don’t recall or chose to not quote the prior part of your response to the original post? From today.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:11 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:43 pm You are informing Bennett and all your other elected officials about this, aren't you?
Of course! Actually, all our reps called us, for a change, to see what our sector needed. And our local banker...the same that I used to pull a small loan 25 years ago for a few expenses for German brewing school...has bent over backwards to help us.
runrussellrun wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:43 pm What can we do to help? What message should we send to our members of congress and state legislators? Must be some dialogue we can cutNpaste to make it easier? Perhaps this post will suffice?
Thank you for asking!

https://www.saverestaurants.com/take-action/

IMHO, this is the most important one pending. Bills are both in the House and Senate.

Thanks, I will pass this on to my owner friends.
It doesn't matter. People and businesses won't go to the EU until this ends.....few want to play games. And this, of course, also signals to EU citizens that traveling to the US isn't safe. This is a big deal.
It doesn't matter, because it's a big deal? huh? I make no cents ;)
I have no clue what they based the decision on.....I'm guess the absurd numbers of new cases they're seeing, but I really don't know.
and, can I assume that this, also, doesn't matter? That the 14 day Q is just complete lies. Because, if they can't track you, or lock you up, what good IS it?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:42 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:08 am Chesapeake Energy, who is either #1 or #2 non integrated natural gas producer has filed BK over the weekend. Ch 11 and they claim their assets exceed liabilities in FI mining but looking at Chevron and BPs massive writedowns in the past 9mo (Dec and last month respectively) I suspect this may not even the case. Either way job losses will be part of any restructuring.
Didn't Obama's buddy, Bill Ayers, and his energy company buy out Chesapeake Energy too? Must be just the area, not the name.

Exelon does NOT own Chesapeake, my apololgies. Wonder what Obama and Bill thought about his dads Defense/killing industry board memberships?

TAATS
This was your first response while quoting my post about a major gas producer filing Bk. You went off on Obama for what reason in relation to my post? Especially when you realized the first part was incorrect before hitting “submit”.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:14 pm
But your reply before that to the original post went into a diatribe about Obama and Exelon which had nothing to do with Chesapeake’s BK. Don’t tell me them buying a field was enough to dovetail into your stuff. How high are you that you don’t recall or chose to not quote the prior part of your response to the original post? From today.
[/quote]

geezazbuss....used to be married to a similar personality.

What is your point of bringing up Chesapeakes Chpt. 11 filing?

Even Hopkins gets more lacrosse fans at it's games than they employ. All 2 thousand employees gone?

Again, what is the point of this story? Do you want to give them even MORE welfare?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

because, when you start blaming for everything bad....everything, what do you think happens.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:22 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:14 pm
geezazbuss....used to be married to a similar personality.

What is your point of bringing up Chesapeakes Chpt. 11 filing?

Even Hopkins gets more lacrosse fans at it's games than they employ. All 2 thousand employees gone?

Again, what is the point of this story? Do you want to give them even MORE welfare?
[/quote]

On the nations financial condition thread? Are you dense? A major energy player filing BK which always comes with job cuts is patently obvious. What’s your political diatribe have to do with that?

Two thousand employees here. NPC international filing with their 37,000 employees, AT&T cutting 4,700 jobs, 1,200 technicals Hilton cutting 22% of its workforce. Oil companies writing down $45Bn off their balance sheets but you expect all their employee counts to hold flat.

Why can’t you just acknowledge you are in your own world and don’t care what anyone else writes your just going to repeat like a hybrid squirrel/parakeet TAATs, TAATs, TAATs. No wonder the sentence started off “I used to be married to...”

Return to “POLITICS”