Summer 2020 Recruiting

D1 Mens Lacrosse
FlyEaglesFly

Re: Summer 2020 Recruiting

Post by FlyEaglesFly »

I believe only former coaches are there in TN like Cottle and Petro. Don’t think any current division 1 coaches.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

wgdsr wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:54 pm
what i haven't seen... anywhere as of yet, is a grandiose plan on testing. and certainly not any plan on what they're going to do when they start seeing cases. i've seen tons on options, dorm spacing, online vs face to face, dining.

that's great.

there are going to be cases sweeping thru campus no matter what you do. how are you going to identify them? what are you going to do next?

are you testing the local establishments on and just off campus? all workers? are you having ta's run in person classes for professors who don't want to be in person? maybe even have prof "zoom"ed up on the screen?

nothing on what is actually going to happen. don't know if all these plans are coming or if these administrators are just out to lunch. the fact is the case fatality is numbingly low for young people. i would guess even more so for kids in good health. if schools start sending everyone home after a few cases crop up, and didn't iterate a plan ahead of time, that's pure idiocy.
[/quote]

I know of some smaller universities in that 5-7K range of total enrollment that have purchased between 20-30K test kits ahead of the fall semester (processing the tests, though....different question). That's how they'll be able to contact trace. Some schools are even doing what South Korea did: set aside quarantine dorm space to medically monitor students that have tested positive. So they won't be sending kids home. Schools will use apps to help contact trace and quarantine.

But you're right. You can't keep kids from going off campus. You can't keep them from being kids.

Most universities will allow faculty to determine how much online/in person will happen. You're right...it's not really the students you worry most about...it's the faculty and staff.
PulpExposure

Post by PulpExposure »

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:09 pm
PulpExposure wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:41 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:33 pm
AreaLax wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:28 am Xanders says he headed out to this event this coming week

https://twitter.com/tyxanders/status/12 ... 92928?s=21

https://twitter.com/laxsportsnet/status ... 24864?s=21
Saw Ty up in the Manchester airport this morning....he was in New Hampshire for an event. **

Asked him why he looked kind of in a trance, "were you shocked at the talent at this event, like watching your first ISL game a few months back"

"NO" Ty responded. " I had no idea so many lakes could exist. There isn't a lake in all of Maryland "

**There actually was an event in New Hampshire yesterday.
Uh Deep Creek Lake?
UH....fake lake. Deep Creek is man made. UH.....
It's still a lake. Your quote was "There isn't a lake in all of Maryland." There is. I didn't say it was or wasn't man-made...and that wasn't part of the comment. If it was "There isn't a natural lake in all of Maryland" then fine. But that wasn't what you wrote. Uh.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

AreaLax wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:00 pm Thought D1 coaches could not attend recruiting events. High Point made a video about it.
https://twitter.com/hpumenslax/status/1 ... 24643?s=21
Seriously? With this? Are you thinking, or asking if this is a violation?

btw, When was the last time a DIV. 1 lacrosse program was sanctioned for recruiting violations, if ever ? Even If INDY (n$AA) picks up the phone or responds to an email.......not worth their bandwith. It wasn't in "normal" times, you think they care about lacrosse summer events? they Just lost Hoops, and are about to lose football.......good luck with the complaining.

repeat, it's aint' evah happened, sanctions to to recruiting violations. Has it?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Carroll81

Post by Carroll81 »

Heard yesterday that ND was going to house all student-athletes together: fall, winter and spring. They are also sending self-test kits to all the student-athletes prior to them arriving. Trying to get more details, but that is a start.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

It's not exactly what we wanted but there is actual lacrosse being broadcast today: top '22s in a tournament on Lax Sports Network.

https://twitter.com/JrsOpen/status/1277 ... 94/photo/1

The Spallina and Pietramala kids are both playing for the Red team at 1 and 5:40pm.

EDIT: It's a tad unclear to me if LSN is actually broadcasting the games live to the public or if they're just the "video partner" for the tournament and will send the game tapes to coaches for recruiting purposes. Guess we'll find out soon.

EDIT #2: Yep, looks like this is not being broadcast live. Nevermind!
Last edited by HopFan16 on Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Superlite2

Post by Superlite2 »

Today Gov. Cuomo just added Tennessee to the states that require 14 day quarantine when travelers return to NY State..
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

FlyEaglesFly wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:01 pm I believe only former coaches are there in TN like Cottle and Petro. Don’t think any current division 1 coaches.
Yes, I was wrong...no current coaches..Petro, Sowell, Cottle and I believe Ty Xanders is there as well, among others..
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

PulpExposure wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:28 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:09 pm
PulpExposure wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:41 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:33 pm
AreaLax wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:28 am Xanders says he headed out to this event this coming week

https://twitter.com/tyxanders/status/12 ... 92928?s=21

https://twitter.com/laxsportsnet/status ... 24864?s=21
Saw Ty up in the Manchester airport this morning....he was in New Hampshire for an event. **

Asked him why he looked kind of in a trance, "were you shocked at the talent at this event, like watching your first ISL game a few months back"

"NO" Ty responded. " I had no idea so many lakes could exist. There isn't a lake in all of Maryland "

**There actually was an event in New Hampshire yesterday.
Uh Deep Creek Lake?
UH....fake lake. Deep Creek is man made. UH.....
It's still a lake. Your quote was "There isn't a lake in all of Maryland." There is. I didn't say it was or wasn't man-made...and that wasn't part of the comment. If it was "There isn't a natural lake in all of Maryland" then fine. But that wasn't what you wrote. Uh.
ahh....an attempt at humor, first and foremost.

You must be the guy that tells everyone watching the USUAL Suspects, upon entering the room, only minutes into the movie, " I know, right, who else didn't see that Verbal was Keiser Sosa "

even though 3 of the people had no idea because they hadn't seen the movie yet.

You must be that kind of guy........
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Superlite2 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:34 am Today Gov. Cuomo just added Tennessee to the states that require 14 day quarantine when travelers return to NY State..
No poor people at these events.......easy to bypass these silly orders. Just ask his brother.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”